Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-13-2018, 04:52 AM   #1
wdmso

Trumps WW1 memorial Trip

Once again the embarrassment and chief.. can't just be a world leader He has to bet the ONE leader

Trump’s sudden decision not to visit the American cemetery outside Paris at Belleau Wood, site of one of the most horrific battles of World War I in which around 1,800 Americans gave their lives. The White House blamed his absence on a terrible, but it turned out non-existent, rainstorm.

Arc de Triomphe in his own mini-motorcade, separated from the other heads of state who marched, arm-in-arm, up a heavily-policed Champs-Elysées. (This decision was due to security concerns, according to the White House.) The only other leader not to march with the rest? Vladimir Putin.

got a thumbs up from Putin

Trump torches allies, threatens NATO pullout

"Nationalism is a betrayal of patriotism," Macron said at a gathering of world leaders, including Russian President Vladimir Putin, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Trump. “Nationalism is a betrayal of patriotism by saying, ‘Our interest first, who cares about the others?’ "

MAGA by losing one ally at a time ....
Old 11-13-2018, 06:48 AM   #2
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

"Nationalism is a betrayal of patriotism," Macron said at a gathering of world leaders, including Russian President Vladimir Putin, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Trump. “Nationalism is a betrayal of patriotism by saying, ‘Our interest first, who cares about the others?’ "

this is incredibly stupid
Old 11-13-2018, 07:33 AM   #3
Sea Dangles

It’s the reason I am not fishing right now.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-13-2018, 08:30 AM   #4
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is incredibly stupid

It is.

I saw something yesterday, a couple posts by a couple people smarter than me, that hit on a few points. A politician (Macron) is going to Politik.

But maybe Nationalism is different in other countries where the culture is pretty homogeneous. You know the French are mostly French, 'cept when they've been invaded (from Germany you Dog Whistle Hearers). The Germans thinking the German race is the master race, etc.

But with America we celebrate shared ideals. We are not French or Germans or Sri Lankans (except for those that want to divide us along those lines). Since as Americans we are a mix of all different things we try to bind along ideals like opportunity and liberty. That yes, Americans should move our interest and ideals first and be the inspiration for other people to do the same.

A little nationalism in our ideals, Freedom and Opportunity is a good thing. Ultra-nationalism based on skin color and ethnicity is what is dumb, and is, ya know, racist and fascist.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 11-13-2018, 12:04 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
It is.

I saw something yesterday, a couple posts by a couple people smarter than me, that hit on a few points. A politician (Macron) is going to Politik.

But maybe Nationalism is different in other countries where the culture is pretty homogeneous. You know the French are mostly French, 'cept when they've been invaded (from Germany you Dog Whistle Hearers). The Germans thinking the German race is the master race, etc.

But with America we celebrate shared ideals. We are not French or Germans or Sri Lankans (except for those that want to divide us along those lines). Since as Americans we are a mix of all different things we try to bind along ideals like opportunity and liberty. That yes, Americans should move our interest and ideals first and be the inspiration for other people to do the same.

A little nationalism in our ideals, Freedom and Opportunity is a good thing. Ultra-nationalism based on skin color and ethnicity is what is dumb, and is, ya know, racist and fascist.
But over 10% of people residing in France are foreign born, Germany and the rest of Europe are similar.
Then you have Great Britain, and I'll let you tell the Irish, Welsh and Scots that they are the same as English.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-13-2018, 01:37 PM   #6
PaulS

Trump refused to go outside bc he was afraid of stormy.

hehe
Old 11-13-2018, 02:01 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Once again the embarrassment and chief.. can't just be a world leader He has to bet the ONE leader

When did Trump say or indicate that he is the only leader of the world? You have an extreme view.

Trump’s sudden decision not to visit the American cemetery outside Paris at Belleau Wood, site of one of the most horrific battles of World War I in which around 1,800 Americans gave their lives. The White House blamed his absence on a terrible, but it turned out non-existent, rainstorm.

Doesn't sound like his nationalism runs deep.

Arc de Triomphe in his own mini-motorcade, separated from the other heads of state who marched, arm-in-arm, up a heavily-policed Champs-Elysées. (This decision was due to security concerns, according to the White House.) The only other leader not to march with the rest? Vladimir Putin.

What the H was he afraid of. Just because we are told that the Europeans hate him way more than the other heads of state (who presumably also hate him), there should be no security concerns.

got a thumbs up from Putin

Oh . . . the horror!

Trump torches allies,

That's another extreme statement.

threatens NATO pullout

Has he pulled out? You trying to scare us? Sounds like fear tactics--Trump torches and threatens.

Did Trump say we shouldn't care about the others? Another extreme statement . . . or lie.

MAGA by losing one ally at a time ....
Which ally have we lost?
Old 11-13-2018, 02:53 PM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump doesn’t read, I wonder who told him Germany was involved in WWI?
Old 11-13-2018, 04:22 PM   #9
wdmso

President Donald Trump lashed out over his recent trip to Paris in a series of tweets Tuesday, blaming the Secret Service for his cancelled visit to a cemetery for fallen U.S. soldiers in France on Saturday. And tweeting make France great again what a solid guy
Old 11-13-2018, 07:04 PM   #10
Sea Dangles

That’s our commander in chief 👍🏿
Old 11-14-2018, 04:31 AM   #11
wdmso

another from our butt hurt POTUS

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
Emmanuel Macron suggests building its own army to protect Europe against the U.S., China and Russia. But it was Germany in World Wars One & Two - How did that work out for France? They were starting to learn German in Paris before the U.S. came along. Pay for NATO or not!
Old 11-14-2018, 06:38 AM   #12
Sea Dangles

If that doesn’t make you smile...
Old 11-14-2018, 08:19 AM   #13
PaulS

It is my understanding President Trump didn't even go the 5 miles to Arlington for Vet. day.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:56 AM   #14
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
It is my understanding President Trump didn't even go the 5 miles to Arlington for Vet. day.
Seems like he’s getting tired of winning.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:57 AM   #15
Sea Dangles

He is a busy man
Old 11-14-2018, 09:04 AM   #16
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
He is a busy man
Sounds like he spends most of his time in bed watching cable news.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:08 AM   #17
Sea Dangles

I didn’t hear that sound Jeff. Get some rest,you are getting sloppy.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:21 AM   #18
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Sounds like he spends most of his time in bed watching cable news.
What, your work day doesn't start at 11:30 after a morning of 'executive time' ??

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 11-14-2018, 09:51 AM   #19
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
What, your work day doesn't start at 11:30 after a morning of 'executive time' ??
Even then I'm not sure he does much. Doesn't like to be briefed, doesn't like to read, doesn't care to learn about history, can't take responsibility for anything and stomps his feet like a child when he doesn't get his way...

I have real concerns the administration is going from bad to worse quickly and Russia or China will move fast to take advantage of it.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:59 AM   #20
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Even then I'm not sure he does much. Doesn't like to be briefed, doesn't like to read, doesn't care to learn about history, can't take responsibility for anything and stomps his feet like a child when he doesn't get his way...

I have real concerns the administration is going from bad to worse quickly and Russia or China will move fast to take advantage of it.
When Kelley leaves, the wheels will really start to fall off. Mattis can't be far behind. This border deployment must really go up his ass...

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 11-14-2018, 10:03 AM   #21
PaulS

You guys are all wrong. He is going to drain the swamp and only hire the best people.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:22 AM   #22
Sea Dangles

It’s easy to mock what you don’t understand.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:25 AM   #23
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Clearly, you do it daily here...

Bryan

Old 11-14-2018, 11:31 AM   #24
detbuch

Quote:
Even then I'm not sure he does much.

It's been reported that he has accomplished a good number of things as President. Probably stuff you don't like. So it's probably a bunch of lies.

Doesn't like to be briefed,

But he does it anyway.

doesn't like to read, doesn't care to learn about history,

https://www.usnews.com/news/slideshows/10-books-donald-trump-loves?slide=8 He probably didn't actually read these books. He probably just loves the covers.

can't take responsibility for anything and stomps his feet like a child when he doesn't get his way...

I have not heard about the foot stomping before. Good to know.

You mean the Russians don't already own Trump?
Old 11-14-2018, 11:37 AM   #25
PaulS

Quote:
Clearly, you do it daily here...
Old 11-14-2018, 01:17 PM   #26
Sea Dangles

I will give you that,but #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& is complex to more than just me.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:01 PM   #27
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
I don't need understanding to know that veteran's day desires special attention from our commander in chief, he spent more effort tweeting against the media then honoring our fallen; what am I not understanding?
Old 11-14-2018, 03:03 PM   #28
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I don't need understanding to know that veteran's day desires special attention from our commander in chief, he spent more effort tweeting against the media then honoring our fallen; what am I not understanding?
Come on Bob, DJT is playing 3D chess, the rest of us clearly don't understand what he is doing behind the scenes... (which definitely does not include watching hours of cable news, avoiding the press and most of his other obligations and basically cowering in the east wing suck-ng his thumb)

Last edited by RIROCKHOUND; 11-14-2018 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: snark added

Bryan

Old 11-14-2018, 03:23 PM   #29
Nebe

Quote:
Come on Bob, DJT is playing 3D chess, the rest of us clearly don't understand what he is doing behind the scenes... (which definitely does not include watching hours of cable news, avoiding the press and most of his other obligations and basically cowering in the east wing suck-ng his thumb)
He is creating turmoil in ways that make him able to direct those close to him to play the market. The Iran oil embargo made that plainly obvious.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:39 PM   #30
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Walderman and Rubin's pieces in the WaPo today were interesting for sure...

Bryan