Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-31-2020, 11:00 AM   #31
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This is kind of stupid, absentee ballots are marked and receive expedited treatment.
Registered mail gets special, secure, treatment. I've had registered mail to me get lost and never found. Some found later after much searching and tracking.

I have a mail order business as a side source of income for many years. I've had to accept the fact that a small percentage of mail, to and from, would get lost, much would arrive at various times from late to on time. Sending anything by US mail is not an automatically sure thing. Courier services are far more reliable.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:02 AM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

Tweety was kidding and now you can tell me how he was kidding about this also.
That "full and complete" health care plan that Tweety promised he will sign by Aug 2.
Such a joke(r)

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-31-2020, 11:04 AM   #33
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Tweety was kidding and now you can tell me how he was kidding about this also.
That "full and complete" health care plan that Tweety promised he will sign by Aug 2.
Such a joke(r)
I didn't say he was kidding.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:59 AM   #34
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Which is true. There was no action nor an attempt at action to postpone the election. It is not a crime or impeachable offense to ask, especially when there is evidence that there are kinks in the postal service that could taint the voting. Even more so during the backup of mailing because of the Covid. I've had problems getting mail that I'm waiting for, which comes way later than usual. I had a backup on my mailed in insurance premium payment which finally arrived after several calls. There's this short video of a simulated batch of mailed votes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
It’s been well documented there is an extremely low percentage of voter fraud and taking money from the postal service, closing polling locations and even hinting (with no authority) at moving the election are all moves he sees as helping him. Let’s also be realistic, while I think he isn’t the brightest bulb on the tree, moving the election closer to a point the economy somewhat rebounds or a virus is actually available; even he knows would gain him votes.
Old 07-31-2020, 12:26 PM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I didn't say he was kidding.
This time you didn’t but Senator Cornyn did.
Meanwhile, the U.S. Postal Service is experiencing backlogs of mail after a top Tweety donor running the agency put in place new procedures, alarming postal workers who warn that the policies could undermine their ability to deliver ballots on time.
If you can’t win cheat
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-31-2020, 12:51 PM   #36
detbuch

Quote:
This time you didn’t but Senator Cornyn did.
Meanwhile, the U.S. Postal Service is experiencing backlogs of mail after a top Tweety donor running the agency put in place new procedures, alarming postal workers who warn that the policies could undermine their ability to deliver ballots on time.
If you can’t win cheat
Quite a convoluted master plan created by an incompetent dunce. Makes perfect sense.

There's always the rub between Trump being stupid and his creating deviously brilliant plans. Now its some possible monkey wrench thrown into the postal delivery system.

Trump's man in charge was put there in April. The postal system has had delivery problems for decades, which has been getting worse for decades.

At any rate, it is admitted that, however it happened, there is a problem that could mess with massive voting by mail--which we have been told is nonsense--everyone voting by mail is perfectly fine--and Trump and his ilk are ignorant dummies for saying otherwise.

We were told that Trump was wrong and stupid for saying that his campaign was spied on. But it turns out Trump was right.

We were told that the dossier was legitimate and mostly true. But it is totally a bunch of crap meant to illegally help to get a FISA warrant.

We were told there were valid reasons to get a FISA warrant to surveil Carter page. That was false, and Page was actually working with the CIA not the Russians.

We were told that Flynn had illegal conversations with Russians. It turns out that the FBI knew his conversations were legal and pursued him anyway.

We were told a lot of crap that was not true, but that we were stupid conspiracists for not believing it.

And we will continue to be gaslighted while claiming that Trump is gaslighting us.

Last edited by detbuch; 07-31-2020 at 01:05 PM..
Old 07-31-2020, 01:45 PM   #37
Pete F.
Canceled

Here’s how Tweety’s gaslighting works, same way it did with his phone call, Mueller and his birther game.
It’s less than 100 days to Election Day, it’ll be easy to keep track
1) Stake a claim: In this case, President Trump has decided to cast doubt on the 2020 election by alleging, without any evidence, that mail-in ballots that have increased in popularity because of the coronavirus are fraudulent, illegal, and will cost him the election.

2) Advance and deny: Trump does this when he alludes to, without any specifics, what “other people are saying” or his allies suggest he’s only “asking questions” about subjects no responsible person would push into the public discussion. He fulfilled this step when he “asked the question” sure to grab attention this morning: “Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???”

3) Create suspense: You can bet that Trump will soon launch an “investigation”—whether through the Department of Justice, an allied media source, or some state’s friendly Republican secretary of state—regarding mail-in ballots to cast doubt on the process further. Doing so is designed to buy time for Trump also to sow chaos and trap his political enemies into making mistakes he can exploit. Typically, the said investigation’s findings never come, although Trump likes to promise they will be public in “two weeks.”

4) Discredit opponents: While everyone awaits the sham investigation’s findings, Trump will find some targets to zero in on and instigate fights. When it comes to the election, this could be as high-profile as the Democratic ticket, or as obscure as county elections board members.

5) Claim victory: No matter the outcome of the election, Trump will claim that it was “rigged,” as he did the 2016 election that he won. If Trump wins this time around, he’ll say he should have won by more significant margins. If he loses, he will blame the mail-in ballots he’s been railing against since last spring.
Old 07-31-2020, 02:24 PM   #38
detbuch

Quote:
Here’s how Tweety’s gaslighting works, same way it did with his phone call, Mueller and his birther game.
It’s less than 100 days to Election Day, it’ll be easy to keep track
1) Stake a claim: In this case, President Trump has decided to cast doubt on the 2020 election by alleging, without any evidence, that mail-in ballots that have increased in popularity because of the coronavirus are fraudulent, illegal, and will cost him the election.

All kinds of claims were staked about Trump.
He is stupid. He is incompetent. He is Putin's puppet. He colluded with Russia. He is not a Republican. He is a fascist. He is a Nazi. He is a racist. He is a homophobe. He is a misogynist. He was a business failure. He will start wars. Blah, blah . . .

You have staked or regurgitated most of those claims. You are staking a claim in this post.

2) Advance and deny: Trump does this when he alludes to, without any specifics, what “other people are saying” or his allies suggest he’s only “asking questions” about subjects no responsible person would push into the public discussion. He fulfilled this step when he “asked the question” sure to grab attention this morning: “Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???”

"What other people say" has been a trick used against Trump for four years. Attention grabbing headlines against Trump have been concocted on an almost daily basis for four years.

3) Create suspense: You can bet that Trump will soon launch an “investigation”—whether through the Department of Justice, an allied media source, or some state’s friendly Republican secretary of state—regarding mail-in ballots to cast doubt on the process further. Doing so is designed to buy time for Trump also to sow chaos and trap his political enemies into making mistakes he can exploit. Typically, the said investigation’s findings never come, although Trump likes to promise they will be public in “two weeks.”

Trump has had numerous investigations launched against him for four years. And the promised results have yet to arrive.

4) Discredit opponents: While everyone awaits the sham investigation’s findings, Trump will find some targets to zero in on and instigate fights. When it comes to the election, this could be as high-profile as the Democratic ticket, or as obscure as county elections board members.

Discrediting Trump and his supporters has been standard procedure for four years along with the phony investigations

5) Claim victory: No matter the outcome of the election, Trump will claim that it was “rigged,” as he did the 2016 election that he won. If Trump wins this time around, he’ll say he should have won by more significant margins. If he loses, he will blame the mail-in ballots he’s been railing against since last spring.
Hillary still claims she won.

I pointed out actual Dem gaslighting in the previous post. You, as usual, conjecture some by Trump.

You are gaslighting. You are the creature you fear.

Last edited by detbuch; 07-31-2020 at 02:47 PM..
Old 07-31-2020, 02:39 PM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Hillary still claims she won.

I pointed out actual Dem gaslighting in the previous post. You, as usual, conjecture some by Trump.

You are gaslighting. You are the creature you fear.
Time will tell

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-31-2020, 03:18 PM   #40
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The enablers are running out of time and since this is a fishing board, Trump is like that fish that flops and flips around wildly before it dies.
Old 07-31-2020, 03:43 PM   #41
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Four more years

Ivanka 2024
Old 07-31-2020, 05:01 PM   #42
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Four more years

Ivanka 2024
Brain dead to brain dead I’m pretty sure that’s not happening.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:08 PM   #43
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Many states vote by mail, hey Trump votes by mail because he can’t get to his vacation home in Florida, so it’s only logical he should sue Nevada to prevent mail in voting. This man and his minions continue to attempt to prevent those they fear from voting, it’s to bad for them everyone who wants him out is going to risk life to cast a vote against him.

Oh wait Russia can’t hack a paper ballot, hummmm.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:51 AM   #44
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Many states vote by mail, hey Trump votes by mail because he can’t get to his vacation home in Florida, so it’s only logical he should sue Nevada to prevent mail in voting. This man and his minions continue to attempt to prevent those they fear from voting, it’s to bad for them everyone who wants him out is going to risk life to cast a vote against him.

Oh wait Russia can’t hack a paper ballot, hummmm.
Whether you call it Vote by Mail or Absentee Voting, in Florida the election system is Safe and Secure, Tried and True," Trump tweeted

What he found out was in FLA more republicans use mail in ballots then. Democrats that why he has changed his tune ..plus its called the electoral college .. he cant win with out Fla
Old 08-06-2020, 08:48 AM   #45
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

Many states vote by mail, .
you understand the difference between absentee ballots vs. the proposed mail in ballots right?
Old 08-06-2020, 09:01 AM   #46
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you understand the difference between absentee ballots vs. the proposed mail in ballots right?
Gee wiz let me think on that, man that’s a hard one, but yeah I do. Every registered voter in Colorado for example receives a ballot by mail and that is what Trump is attempting other states from doing, even thou it’s proven and results in almost NO fraud. Stump the panel game can continue, all good fun I’m sure.
Old 08-06-2020, 02:58 PM   #47
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Seems you dont know

Mass and many states have sent applications i got 1 if you want a mail in ballot .fill it out and send it back . Their just Not just sending ballots. some states may just send them not Mass
Old 08-06-2020, 03:21 PM   #48
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Mass sent us 4 of them, only two of us live here, but we got 4. Good thing I'm honest
Old 08-06-2020, 03:50 PM   #49
RickBomba

Quote:
Four more years

Ivanka 2024
While I don’t debate the fact that Ivanka will be doing four more years in 2024; you guys realize that it’s gonna be conjugal and on her knees, right?

Good girl Ivanka, a little to the left.

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 08-11-2020, 04:14 AM   #50
wdmso

heres a question for the mail in voter fraud crowd or those who think the post office cant handle it..

Where do you think mail in ballots are sent? To be lost

heres My understanding they get sent to your local election boards . In the town where you live .and are counted my the same people who would cont the vote if you voted in person

Not some centralize mail in vote collection point ?
Old 08-11-2020, 05:20 AM   #51
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

How about this scenario, we received 4 mail in ballot requests. 1 for me, 1 for my wife, and 1 each for the kids. Neither kid lives at home but we got the forms mailed here. What's to stop me (other than being honest) from signing theirs and returning them and when I get the ballots doing the exact same thing? I can't be the only person out there facing this scenario.

As far as the local townies counting the ballots, they have no idea that they don't live with us anymore. Looks good to them.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:05 AM   #52
PaulS

Quote:
How about this scenario, we received 4 mail in ballot requests. 1 for me, 1 for my wife, and 1 each for the kids. Neither kid lives at home but we got the forms mailed here. What's to stop me (other than being honest) from signing theirs and returning them and when I get the ballots doing the exact same thing? I can't be the only person out there facing this scenario.

As far as the local townies counting the ballots, they have no idea that they don't live with us anymore. Looks good to them.
Voter fraud carries severe penalties.

Are your kids still registered at your home address?
Old 08-11-2020, 09:31 AM   #53
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

I know all about it, I'm just putting out a scenario that could lead to it happening somewhere else. With less scrupulous people.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-11-2020, 09:36 AM   #54
spence

Quote:
The ballots have to be approved with a signature match or they're tossed. I think about 5 states do primarily mail in ballots with no issues.

I think the bigger concern is Trump brazenly trying to undermine a fair election, break the USPS and generally cause chaos. Are they any institutions he won't try and sacrifice for his own interests?
Old 08-11-2020, 10:38 AM   #55
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
The ballots have to be approved with a signature match or they're tossed. I think about 5 states do primarily mail in ballots with no issues.

I think the bigger concern is Trump brazenly trying to undermine a fair election, break the USPS and generally cause chaos. Are they any institutions he won't try and sacrifice for his own interests?
A signature match to the ballot application? If I sign both, they match.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-11-2020, 11:09 AM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:
A signature match to the ballot application? If I sign both, they match.
like that's an exact science.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:20 AM   #57
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump this morning why he won’t fund US Postal Service. “Now they need that money in order to make the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots ... But if they don’t get those two items that means you can’t have universal mail-in voting.”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1293896544668782592

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-13-2020, 09:51 AM   #58
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Registered mail gets special, secure, treatment. I've had registered mail to me get lost and never found. Some found later after much searching and tracking.

I have a mail order business as a side source of income for many years. I've had to accept the fact that a small percentage of mail, to and from, would get lost, much would arrive at various times from late to on time. Sending anything by US mail is not an automatically sure thing. Courier services are far more reliable.

Truth - Same - I send stuff Registered all over, for years, costs 15-30 depending on location, gets locked each stop in special bins, signed in signed out. Still lose around 5% of packages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
heres a question for the mail in voter fraud crowd or those who think the post office cant handle it..

Where do you think mail in ballots are sent? To be lost

heres My understanding they get sent to your local election boards . In the town where you live .and are counted my the same people who would cont the vote if you voted in person

Not some centralize mail in vote collection point ?

True - I have met these local people on elections boards and work for them. Nice folk, frequently retired, often far better at driving a light machinery than a mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

So does heroin and illegal firearms, yet growth is exploding in both

Quote:

Sure you think that is the bigger concern. Obama's Pre-COVID USPS would, of course, handled it swimmingly. All problems started with Trump.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-13-2020, 01:22 PM   #59
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Sure you think that is the bigger concern. Obama's Pre-COVID USPS would, of course, handled it swimmingly. All problems started with Trump.
Likely they would have needed some extra funding, that's exactly the opposite of denying funding with the express purpose of harming people's ability vote safely in a pandemic.

Next we're going to see Trump invite Chinese and Russian observers.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:39 PM   #60
detbuch

Quote:
Likely they would have needed some extra funding, that's exactly the opposite of denying funding with the express purpose of harming people's ability vote safely in a pandemic.

Next we're going to see Trump invite Chinese and Russian observers.
The U.S. postal system has needed extra funding at least ever since it became unionized. And for most personal and even much of people's official and financial correspondence, it has greatly been replaced by the internet. Computer mailing would probably be more reliable than postal mail.