Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 01-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Game Time!

GO PATS!!!!

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #2
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Golf Time

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #3
JohnR

Well that blows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Golf Time
The only happy guy within 10 miles of Foxboro

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 01-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #4
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Well that blows.

The only happy guy within 10 miles of Foxboro
About 3 miles and I got Raider friends close by

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 01-20-2013, 10:18 PM   #5
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
About 3 miles and I got Raider friends close by
First chuckle in the last 45 minutes

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 01-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #6
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

F it! It's hard to be this good yer in and year out. I want Brady to earn another ring I think he will. Imagine having to be a raider fan the highlight of your season is generally when someone else loses just saying
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jackbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #7
Raider Ronnie

I wouldn't mind loosing in an AFC championship game.
Would beat the hell out of all the 4 win seasons of the last 10 years

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 01-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #8
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
First chuckle in the last 45 minutes
Go read buzzs women driver thread, got a laugh out of me. That was a pretty horrible effort tonight, I hope that is not it for welker here. Rt 1 sucks

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #9
Sea Dangles

Not to pigpile but Weckler had a couple drops tonight.I think he is gone,we could use a big wr and he would give us the money to grab one. We really have no downfield targets without Gronk.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:35 PM   #10
Saltheart

Welker is a great player. Yea he missed a couple but he caught a lot more. 8 rec , 117 yards , 1 TD. If everyone played their position as well as him we'd have won.

The Ravens killed us with the run. Once they establish the run the D has to respect it and that opens up the field for passing. Wilfork was double teamed a lot. To me that means a linebacker should have been open to reek havock but I didn't see it happening.

Big disappointment is 0 points in the second half by the leagues leading offense. Overall horrible 3rd quarter for both the O and D and after getting behind our desperation Offense just kept losing the ball. We got beat....it happens.

Oh well , it wouldn't be any fun if we won every year.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #11
Rockfish9

i don't mind the loss as much as the crap the Bernard Pollard gets away with.... helmet to helmet .. no call and that certainly as no fumble...I hope some one from San Fran takes his Knee out..speaking of which.. they dont call Pollards cheap shot(s)... and San Fran got a new set of downs on a Phantom roughing the passer call... never saw a Falcon player even touch the QB...some one wanted a harbough bowl...it appears to me..

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #12
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

bad effort for sure on our part...ravens out muscled us all game.
btw- i hate pollard.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #13
doc

now i officially hit the doldrums...
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #14
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltheart View Post

The Ravens killed us with the run. Once they establish the run the D has to respect it and that opens up the field for passing.

Sorry Mike, but I didn't see it that way exactly. The first half the Ravens tried to use the run to set up the pass, it didn't work that well, second half they used the pass to set up their run and since the passing game got going , that opened up the run and they made our defense look bad. which it was

2 sacks was not enough, Flacco seemed like he had all day back there and was untouched and not pressured.

Very strange how our defense was good in the first half but sucked in the second half, while we handled their defense in the first half and they handled ours in the second.

Why didn't the refs call offensive INT on Baltimore when Denard clearly had position on the ball and was about to intercept it, looked like a blown call to me and the rest of the crowd there.

Brady made some poor decisions, like that time he could have ran for a first down but chickened out, also at the end of the half he ran but they did not call timeout right away
Welker did drop a couple balls that would have been key, one would have been a tough catch but he has made them before. Whatever happens with him, one way or another I have to believe the team will improve and if they are reasonably healthy should win the superbowl next year.

Pollard is definitely the anti-christ, I also hope someone from SF breaks him in 2.

I hope Ridley is OK

we'll gettum next year

time to make the plugs

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #15
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Bernard Pollard did not hit Ridley....Ridley lowered his helmet into Pollard.....no call was necessary....Ridley knocked himself out.

You can argue with me all you want but you will be wrong....watch the replay and you will see Ridley ducks his head into Pollards helmet.

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #16
Sea Dangles

I agree with Larry
we would love him on our team
How would a player in the mold of Crabtree,Fitzgerald or Dez Bryant fit for us as a receiver?Welker is a possession guy but we have a lot of guys that fit that bill. It is obvious we have zero ability to stretch the field and that is why they played us so tight.
Bye Wes,Thanks and good luck

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #17
Saltheart

I can't say I liked the decision to punt twice on like the 35 yeard line. That made no sense to me. Also , why we couldn't get a point at all in the second half is a mistery.

I'm not going to complain about bad calls. We got our butt kicked to the extent that a call here and there at random would not have changed the outcome. With the new rules to protect the players I have no idea whats pass interference , roughing the receiver , helmet to helmet OK here but not there , etc. That is all now in he realm of ref judgement calls. No more black and white on that stuff. The few "bad " calls were spread out pretty evenly as I see it.

Its not worth arguing Welker with morons who so quickly forget all he has done for the team over the years. The guy was a great Patriot and if he's gone next year I'll miss him but he'll always be remembered as a great player in my mind.

I'm surprised there is no talk about the Wilfork situation. The whole game they doubled up on him and yet we didn't take advantage of the extra guy he tied up. That should have resulted in a linebacker in Flacco's face all day long.

You got to love football. The one game a week makes each game big and you instantly miss it when the season is over. Got to find something new to do on Sundays now!

Saltheart
Old 01-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #18
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Wilfork played yesterday? I didn't notice
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #19
Saltheart

He tied up two guys the whole game. That's doing his part. Where was the resulting unblocked linebacker?

Saltheart
Old 01-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #20
Raider Ronnie

Funny how so many don't like Pollard and are calling him a dirty player but Seems to me every Patriots fan loved Rodney Harrison.
:-p
Old 01-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #21
rwilhelm

To me the turning point was Talib going out with the injury. He made the secondary so much better because he would go one on one and give the safety more freedom on his side.

They probably still would not have won but I don't know how the Ridley fumble was not overturned! He was on the ground when the ball came loose.

They had a lot of chances that they could not convert. Very disappointing way to end the season!
rwilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #22
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltheart View Post
He tied up two guys the whole game. That's doing his part. Where was the resulting unblocked linebacker?
Wilfork is ALWAYS double-teamed.....he also still makes tackles....didn't hear his name mentioned a whole lot yesterday.

Brady also stunk the joint out yesterday....a lot of passes in the dirt and bad throws.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #23
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Bernard Pollard did not hit Ridley....Ridley lowered his helmet into Pollard.....no call was necessary....Ridley knocked himself out.

You can argue with me all you want but you will be wrong....watch the replay and you will see Ridley ducks his head into Pollards helmet.
so what, doesn't matter, he was there when Wes tore his acl , he smoked Brady's knee, Gronk's ankle- he is a Patriot killer and deserves some payback
I know that is not a penalty, it's football, guys get hurt. it just seems
that that guy kills us. I don't like him.
I'm not arguing with you

if he were on our team, then the only time he'd have a chance at hurting any of our guys would be in practice

the pats can still get a big receiver
without Welker, we would have never been in the game sunday.
Edleman is not as durable as Wes
if he's gone, that will suck. Hall of fame receivers don't come along every year

I loved having Harrison, he wasn't dirty, just played hard like Ed Reed. they aren't dirty either, I just don't like him. I don't like the Ravens.

3 things, Talib going out, Welker drop in the first half(ball was thrown hard but just a touch far and went thru the hands), the non timeout call when the whole stadium called for it but the offense wasted 13-14 seconds trying to lineup for a play I guess they had to have the 3 points but must have been worried about a sack if a play never made it to an incomplete or a touchdown
Ravens turned the game right then in my opinion.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #24
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Wilfork is ALWAYS double-teamed.....he also still makes tackles....didn't hear his name mentioned a whole lot yesterday.

Brady also stunk the joint out yesterday....a lot of passes in the dirt and bad throws.

big Kyle Love was hurt too, that didn't help

Jones had a sprained ankle I think

they should have won and then won the superbowl but it didn't happen, we are spoiled I guess

next year

Old 01-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #25
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

what slip said.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #26
Raider Ronnie

Come on Slip,
Harrison wasn't a dirty player.
He was the dirtiest player of his time by far, both with the Pats and even more so with the Chargers.
And he's got the fines to go with it.
Ronnie Lott was by far the hardest hitting guy of a secondary of his time also but he always played within the rules and very rarely got fined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
so what, doesn't matter, he was there when Wes tore his acl , he smoked Brady's knee, Gronk's ankle- he is a Patriot killer and deserves some payback
I know that is not a penalty, it's football, guys get hurt. it just seems
that that guy kills us. I don't like him.
I'm not arguing with you

if he were on our team, then the only time he'd have a chance at hurting any of our guys would be in practice

the pats can still get a big receiver
without Welker, we would have never been in the game sunday.
Edleman is not as durable as Wes
if he's gone, that will suck. Hall of fame receivers don't come along every year

I loved having Harrison, he wasn't dirty, just played hard like Ed Reed. they aren't dirty either, I just don't like him. I don't like the Ravens.

3 things, Talib going out, Welker drop in the first half(ball was thrown hard but just a touch far and went thru the hands), the non timeout call when the whole stadium called for it but the offense wasted 13-14 seconds trying to lineup for a play I guess they had to have the 3 points but must have been worried about a sack if a play never made it to an incomplete or a touchdown
Ravens turned the game right then in my opinion.

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 01-22-2013 at 09:41 AM..

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 01-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #27
Slipknot
Super Moderator

here is a dirty player

I hope SF 49ers have a bead on his knees

nice mugshot bernie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pollard_Bernard-Ravens-mugshot.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	54771  

Old 01-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #28
Slipknot
Super Moderator

here's a quote from Jerry Thornton

"America can love the Patriots losing all they want. But just wait until #HarBowl mania reaches its peak and reporters are camped outside Mrs. Harbaugh’s abdomen to find out how her uterus could produce two Super Bowl coaches. Or until the two of them are throwing competing hissy fits on the sideline after every call. You’ll miss the quiet, sullen little troll in the grey hoodie then, believe me.

*This isn’t the most disappointing loss we’ve ever suffered around here. Not by a factor of 10. And soon enough we’ll crawl out of the rubble and see we’ve got the youngest team of the Belichick Era and cap space and all the pieces in place to keep this thing going indefinitely. But it’s too soon for that. Right now all I know is that if I’m sitting here writing this same drivel next year at this time instead of “Knee Jerk Reaction to the Super Bowl Victory,” I might lose the will to live."

sums it up

Old 01-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #29
Saltheart

We are definitely spoiled. Some teams go 20 years with nothing. We lose faith because one year we don't win the conference championship. We've had it good. I hope it continues. I don't mind being "spoiled".

Saltheart
Old 01-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #30
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

To put things in Perspective think "Cubs Fans"

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."