Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-07-2021, 10:41 AM   #1
wdmso

Why Blacks have lowest Vax rates

Seeing Jim wont start his own Thread on the topic. or even suggest Why they have a low Vaccine rate ? I'll start it
Old 12-07-2021, 11:01 AM   #2
wdmso

And the reasons that contribute to lower Vaccine rates ( of maybe 2% from others ) are not because misinformation or vaccine hesitancy.. As i am sure will be suggested,Many blame the relatively lower vaccination rates in communities of color on “vaccine hesitancy.”

Access issues lack of internet another example But access issues persist, even in hospital systems. Bell was horrified to discover that members of environmental services — the janitorial staff — did not have access to hospital email. The vaccine registration information sent out to the hospital staff was not reaching them.

Texas has the largest Black population in the country

yet

There are two main groups within Texas’ unvaccinated population: white conservatives in rural areas, and Hispanic and Black people in big cities.

For example, in Dallas County, 58% of the people in neighborhoods that are majority white were fully vaccinated as of July 26. Those rates are far ahead of neighborhoods that are majority Black and Hispanic, which are 37% vaccinated.
Why are they unvaccinated?

Mistrust is the leading cause of vaccine hesitancy, Lakey said, and the core of the mistrust usually depends on a person’s culture.

Hesitancy for white conservatives, he said, hinges on “distrust of government,” while for Hispanic and Black residents it’s often a “lack of trust in the health care system” because of generations of disparities in the American system.

And there it is in a nutshel! l the 2 are not remotely the same! one groups reason imagination and misinformation driven.. and the other is forged in experience and history and limited access to information and basic medical care .

“For some individuals who have not had a lot of experience interacting in the health care system — perhaps they don’t have a primary care physician — this might create further doubt when we start talking about a vaccine because these kinds of experiences are new,” said Dr. John Carlo, CEO of Prism Health North Texas.
Old 12-07-2021, 11:27 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
And the reasons that contribute to lower Vaccine rates ( of maybe 2% from others ) are not because misinformation or vaccine hesitancy.. As i am sure will be suggested,Many blame the relatively lower vaccination rates in communities of color on “vaccine hesitancy.”

Access issues lack of internet another example But access issues persist, even in hospital systems. Bell was horrified to discover that members of environmental services — the janitorial staff — did not have access to hospital email. The vaccine registration information sent out to the hospital staff was not reaching them.

Texas has the largest Black population in the country

yet

There are two main groups within Texas’ unvaccinated population: white conservatives in rural areas, and Hispanic and Black people in big cities.

For example, in Dallas County, 58% of the people in neighborhoods that are majority white were fully vaccinated as of July 26. Those rates are far ahead of neighborhoods that are majority Black and Hispanic, which are 37% vaccinated.
Why are they unvaccinated?

Mistrust is the leading cause of vaccine hesitancy, Lakey said, and the core of the mistrust usually depends on a person’s culture.

Hesitancy for white conservatives, he said, hinges on “distrust of government,” while for Hispanic and Black residents it’s often a “lack of trust in the health care system” because of generations of disparities in the American system.

And there it is in a nutshel! l the 2 are not remotely the same! one groups reason imagination and misinformation driven.. and the other is forged in experience and history and limited access to information and basic medical care .

“For some individuals who have not had a lot of experience interacting in the health care system — perhaps they don’t have a primary care physician — this might create further doubt when we start talking about a vaccine because these kinds of experiences are new,” said Dr. John Carlo, CEO of Prism Health North Texas.
so it’s stupid for white republicans to distrust the government ( who have been wrong regarding this disease again and again and again and again).

but you have zero criticism for blacks who distrust the current healthcare system, when obviously there’s zero institutional racism in healthcare today.

the government and healthcare industry combine together to research, produce, test, and approve the vaccine.

yet your conclusion is essentially this…republicans who refuse to get the vaccine because they aren’t convinced it will help them, are paranoid morons.

democrats who refuse to get the vaccine because they don’t trust it will help them, are totally justified in thinking so.

that just makes all kinds of sense.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-07-2021, 01:01 PM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so it’s stupid for white republicans to distrust the government ( who have been wrong regarding this disease again and again and again and again).

but you have zero criticism for blacks who distrust the current healthcare system, when obviously there’s zero institutional racism in healthcare today.

the government and healthcare industry combine together to research, produce, test, and approve the vaccine.

yet your conclusion is essentially this…republicans who refuse to get the vaccine because they aren’t convinced it will help them, are paranoid morons.

democrats who refuse to get the vaccine because they don’t trust it will help them, are totally justified in thinking so.

that just makes all kinds of sense.
You make a lot of assumptions yet provide zero to support them?

Who brought white and Republicans into this?

I loves these

there’s zero institutional racism in healthcare today.

20% of Black adults could not access health insurance compared to 10% in white and Asian adults. For Latinx adults, this figure was 35%. A 2012 study also found that predominantly Black zip codes were 67% more likelyTrusted Source to have a shortage of primary care physicians (PCPs).
I doubt Trump fixed that like he did Black unemployment LOL

republicans who refuse to get the vaccine because they aren’t convinced it will help them, are paranoid morons.

Yes Jim they are they are such morons they say exactly why they refuse to get the vaccine..
Haven’t you been paying attention to anything Republicans have said and done since the start of the pandemic 😷
Old 12-07-2021, 01:31 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
You make a lot of assumptions yet provide zero to support them?

Who brought white and Republicans into this?

I loves these

20% of Black adults could not access health insurance compared to 10% in white and Asian adults. For Latinx adults, this figure was 35%. A 2012 study also found that predominantly Black zip codes were 67% more likelyTrusted Source to have a shortage of primary care physicians (PCPs).
I doubt Trump fixed that like he did Black unemployment LOL

republicans who refuse to get the vaccine because they aren’t convinced it will help them, are paranoid morons.

Yes Jim they are they are such morons they say exactly why they refuse to get the vaccine..
Haven’t you been paying attention to anything Republicans have said and done since the start of the pandemic 😷
i want to make sure i get this straight. you’re saying low black health insurance participation, is because of racism in the healthcare industry? not because of socioeconomic challenges facing blacks?

do you think companies look at employees in the same job, and offer health insurance to whites but not blacks?

stick to…whatever it is that you do. you really, really stink at this.
Old 12-07-2021, 03:46 PM   #6
wdmso

Your words ! now let’s see your extensive research on the topic
Old 12-07-2021, 04:13 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:

and i stand by that.

blacks not having health insurance in good numbers, isn’t because of racism within the healthcare industry einstein, it’s because less blacks have good jobs that offer health insurance. multiple reasons for that. health insurance companies have absolutely nothing to do with it.

wayne, just because blacks fall behind in certain metrics, isn’t evidence of racism.

liberals don’t want to discuss black fatherlessness, and adamantly oppose school choice. then you complain when blacks inevitably fall behind, and blame racism, when the data is clear that race has nothing to do with it.

amazing.
Old 12-07-2021, 04:22 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:

health insurance companies don’t tell employers which jobs will offer health insurance and which will not.

health insurance companies don’t tell employees to stick all black applicants with crappy jobs.

i agree blacks don’t get enough good jobs. you say that’s caused by racism, because that’s the simplest possible answer that also serves your agenda.

if you say there’s racism in today’s healthcare, the burden of proof is in you, not me.

blacks being less likely to have jobs that offer health insurance, doesn’t come close to proving racism.

people born to single moms who aren’t stable, tend to struggle
mightily. that’s true regardless of race. that’s how we know it’s not caused by racism.

can you show that companies give health insurance to white employees but not to blacks, when they’re in the same job? that companies are using race as the basis of who gets healthcare and who doesn’t?

unless you can show that, you got nothing.

if i show you data that there aren’t a lot of jews in the NBA, would you immediately conclude that’s because of anti semitism?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-07-2021 at 04:36 PM..
Old 12-08-2021, 05:35 PM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
health insurance companies don’t tell employers which jobs will offer health insurance and which will not.

health insurance companies don’t tell employees to stick all black applicants with crappy jobs.

i agree blacks don’t get enough good jobs. you say that’s caused by racism, because that’s the simplest possible answer that also serves your agenda.

if you say there’s racism in today’s healthcare, the burden of proof is in you, not me.

blacks being less likely to have jobs that offer health insurance, doesn’t come close to proving racism.

people born to single moms who aren’t stable, tend to struggle
mightily. that’s true regardless of race. that’s how we know it’s not caused by racism.

can you show that companies give health insurance to white employees but not to blacks, when they’re in the same job? that companies are using race as the basis of who gets healthcare and who doesn’t?

unless you can show that, you got nothing.

if i show you data that there aren’t a lot of jews in the NBA, would you immediately conclude that’s because of anti semitism?

So all jobs come with health care in all states wow that’s news to me

New data from the Census Bureau reveals that 92% of people in the US had health insurance coverage leaving 8%, or 26.1 million, without any coverage throughout the year.

No suggestion they are all black before you go there

Ps Texas Georgia Fla Oklahoma have the highest rates of uninsured

also the 1st 3 have the highest black population in the country….
Old 12-08-2021, 06:29 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
So all jobs come with health care in all states wow that’s news to me

how on Earth could you read my post, and possibly interpret it as my saying “all jobs provide healthcare?”

i specifically said not all jobs provide healthcare.

i think we are about done, it’s literally pointless.

i can post 2+2=4, and you’ll
say “oh, so you’re saying that Donald Trump is a perfect human being .”

you literally just type whatever irrational gibberish jumps into your head.

blacks are disproportionately less likely to have jobs that offer health insurance. that has absolutely nothing to do with racism in the health industry. it has more to do with socioeconomic challenges of people who make bad decisions.

have you ever worked in the private sector? Ever?

Blacks who are born to two stable, living, committed parents,,tend to do just fine.

White kids born to single white moms who dropped out of high school, tend to struggle mighty.

It’s not about race. It’s just not. You said the other day that statistics don’t lie, yet you constantly ignore or defy any and all statistics that don’t flatter liberalism.
Old 12-08-2021, 08:06 PM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
how on Earth could you read my post, and possibly interpret it as my saying “all jobs provide healthcare?”

blacks are disproportionately less likely to have jobs that offer health insurance. that has absolutely nothing to do with racism in the health industry. it has more to do with socioeconomic challenges of people who make bad decisions.

Blacks who are born to two stable, living, committed parents,,tend to do just fine.

White kids born to single white moms who dropped out of high school, tend to struggle mighty.

It’s not about race. It’s just not. You said the other day that statistics don’t lie, yet you constantly ignore or defy any and all statistics that don’t flatter liberalism.
Your typical simplistic privileged white boy answer
Pay no attention to the facts when you recite your rhetoric
Never mind that police departments have rewarded officers for arrests and guess who are the easy targets with little hope of an adequate defense.
There’s a reason a large percentage of imprisoned people in this country are people of color.

The United States in effect operates two distinct criminal justice systems: one for wealthy people and another for poor people and people of color. The wealthy can access a vigorous adversary system replete with constitutional protections for defendants. Yet the experiences of poor and minority defendants within the criminal justice system often differ substantially from that model due to a number of factors, each of which contributes to the overrepresentation of such individuals in the system. As former Georgetown Law Professor David Cole states in his book No Equal Justice,

These double standards are not, of course, explicit; on the face of it, the criminal law is color-blind and class-blind. But in a sense, this only makes the problem worse. The rhetoric of the criminal justice system sends the message that our society carefully protects everyone’s constitutional rights, but in practice the rules assure that law enforcement prerogatives will generally prevail over the rights of minorities and the poor. By affording criminal suspects substantial constitutional rights in theory, the Supreme Court validates the results of the criminal justice system as fair. That formal fairness obscures the systemic concerns that ought to be raised by the fact that the prison population is overwhelmingly poor and disproportionately black.

Now tell me how it’s just because they’re lazy ………

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-08-2021, 10:38 PM   #12
wdmso

Quote:

Jim you only brought up employee based healthcare and made it sound that all jobs provide healthcare?” that’s why I asked

i agree blacks don’t get enough good jobs. you say that’s caused by racism,

I never said such a thing but thanks for trying
Old 12-08-2021, 10:48 PM   #13
wdmso

Jim do yourself a favor try actually doing a google search for
institutional racism in healthcare

You’ll see all the articles on the Topic but you’ll blame them on liberalism
Old 12-08-2021, 10:59 PM   #14
wdmso

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/usc-b...alth-outcomes/

30 million people remain uninsured. About half of those 30 million are people of color.
Fourteen states have refused to expand Medicaid under the ACA, which is one of the reasons why people of color are disproportionately likely to be uninsured today. This includes some of the states with the largest populations of Black Americans.
More than 90 percent of the people who don’t have insurance because their state did not expand Medicaid live in the South.
Old 12-09-2021, 07:06 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/usc-b...alth-outcomes/

30 million people remain uninsured. About half of those 30 million are people of color.
Fourteen states have refused to expand Medicaid under the ACA, which is one of the reasons why people of color are disproportionately likely to be uninsured today. This includes some of the states with the largest populations of Black Americans.
More than 90 percent of the people who don’t have insurance because their state did not expand Medicaid live in the South.
just tell me how you read my last post, and concluded that i think that every single job offers health insurance. Please please explain that to me.

Stating facts that show that people
of color are disproportionately poor, isn’t evidence of racism. not even close. it’s not even close to proving racism.

White people who drop out of high school and start having kids out of wedlock, also tend to get menial
jobs that don’t offer insurance.

that’s how we know it’s not about racism. race doesn’t predict outcome. the quality of the family one is raised with, and their ability to make good decisions and willingness to work hard, THAT determines outcome.

you quoted Brookings. Great! They also showed that people who follow three simple rules ( graduate from high school, work full time, don’t have kids unless you’re married) have almost zero chance of living in poverty, and that applies to all races. again, that’s proof, irrefutable proof, that race doesn’t predict outcome. if race was the factor, than blacks who go to good colleges and who work hard, would still be poor. But they aren’t.

You can’t compare outcomes if all blacks to all whites. you have to make it an apples to apples comparison. compare blacks and whites who have the same education level, things like that. it’s very very basic stuff.

you say statistics don’t lie, yet we all know you’ll deny that statistic.

You are confusing correlation with causation.

If you look at fatal bear attacks in the US, you’ll find that white people are disproportionately killed by bears. Does that mean bears are racist against whites? or is it because whites are way more likely than blacks to live in rural
places where there are encounters with bears?

a summary of the brookings study.

you quoted brookings above. and you said statistics done lie.

blacks who follow those three unbelievable simple
rules, are very very likely to be in the middle class. Those are the statistics.

https://www.wilsonpost.com/opinion/c...a30be1da3.html

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-09-2021 at 07:18 AM..
Old 12-09-2021, 08:33 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
That's an issue with the people running the states. It's not caused by the healthcare industry. The state legislature votes on things like that, not healthcare providers.

There are serious economic inequities by race, and that applies to healthcare. But the fact that fewer blacks have health insurance, isn't "caused" by the healthcare industry. Doctors, nurses, and health insurance companies are not the reason why fewer blacks have insurance.

You want blacks to do better? The data is crystal clear, it could not be more clear, it's simple, common sense...

encourage the black community to reduce fatherlessness, to emphasize school, to encourage strong families, allow school choice for families stuck in lousy cities.

People who embrace these things, do just fine (did you know Asians, not whites, have the highest average incomes? It's because they believe in strong families, they view education as a gift from God, and because they work their fingers to the bone so that their children can go to medical school.

Liberalism never stops undermining traditional family values, liberal policy gives big financial incentives for teenage girls to keep having babies out of wedlock, liberals oppose school choice.

Liberals do everything they can to undermine the exact policies that we know lift people out of poverty. Then, they act shocked when the people they cripple with liberalism, don't all climb out of poverty.

Its not complicated, and the results are right there in front of our eyes.

Family. Faith. Work ethic. Study and work hard. That's how you avoid poverty. Liberals just want to throw money at it, and that does very very little to solve poverty. Lack of money isn't the cause of poverty, it's the symptom. Liberalsim is like giving aspirin to someone with a headache caused by a brain tumor. It might make you feel better for a very short time, but it completely fails to address the actual problem.
Old 12-09-2021, 10:29 AM   #17
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Just wondering.
What the vax rate of all these Illegals coming through our border that Biden hung the welcome sign on 🤔
How about the vax rate of all the #^&#^&#^&#^& bag welfare hand out system ?

Old 12-09-2021, 10:31 AM   #18
wdmso

Some take always from Jims research

Jim suggests Republicans distrust in Government come from the same well as blacks distrust of the government when in comes to health care

Jim claimed there’s zero institutional racism in healthcare today.

Jim you injected racism into the argument not I …. I re read what I post which was

Racism wasn’t even mentioned your CRT brain injected the idea then you tried to make it about private health insurance ?

blacks are disproportionately less likely to have jobs that offer health insurance

Seems you can’t stay on topic you double down on the same old position over and over , it’s your go to response in defending conservatives? But but black this or black that!

And even after seeing study after study regarding lack of Medicare expansion in states with the highest affected population and other impediments you pivot again

and like good conservative you blame liberalism and black fathers and all the usual suspects I assume for the low vaccines rates

I get many different responses in my google search but none are 1 dimensional on this topic of lower vaccines rates in blacks and others

African Americans do not have the lowest vaccination rate in the state of California

or I get a yahoo reprint of a Washington examiner story The same article claims one thing then admits full up to date statistics are not available! Then they go on to say that access to the shots is a greater barrier for black people. Measures of vaccine hesitancy by racial groups overlook barriers to access, Can you believe that. https://news.yahoo.com/black-people-...150200517.html

In the United States, black people have the lowest vaccination rates of any racial or ethnic group. Although full up-to-date statistics are not available, data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show that the share of black people who are vaccinated is about 6 to 7 percentage points lower than that of white or Hispanic people and 10 percentage points lower than that of Asians. The CDC's breakdown by demographic, though, reflects less than 70% of all shots administered since December 2020.

Vaccine hesitancy rates in black and white people are similar, NPR/Marist Polling shows — 25% and 28% respectively, suggesting that access to the shots is a greater barrier for black people. Measures of vaccine hesitancy by racial groups overlook barriers to access, Benjamin said, such as hardship taking time away from work to get the shots, as well as other "structural things that disproportionately get in the way of communities of color being vaccinated."

Or other articles speaking about the vaccine roll out failures

Black Americans are receiving covid vaccinations at dramatically lower rates than white Americans in the first weeks of the chaotic rollout, according to a new KHN analysis. Access issues and mistrust rooted in structural racism appear to be the major factors leaving Black health care workers behind in the quest to vaccinate the nation. The unbalanced uptake among what might seem like a relatively easy-to-vaccinate workforce doesn’t bode well for the rest of the country’s dispersed population.

Vaccination rates lag in communities of color, but it's not only due to hesitancy, experts say

Here’s an interesting site https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/c...ographics.html

so to recap conservatives vaccines hesitated people and black vaccines hesitated people their hesitation is not
Old 12-09-2021, 11:01 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Some take always from Jims research

Jim suggests Republicans distrust in Government come from the same well as blacks distrust of the government when in comes to health care

Jim claimed there’s zero institutional racism in healthcare today.

Jim you injected racism into the argument not I …. I re read what I post which was

Racism wasn’t even mentioned your CRT brain injected the idea then you tried to make it about private health insurance ?

blacks are disproportionately less likely to have jobs that offer health insurance

Seems you can’t stay on topic you double down on the same old position over and over , it’s your go to response in defending conservatives? But but black this or black that!

And even after seeing study after study regarding lack of Medicare expansion in states with the highest affected population and other impediments you pivot again

and like good conservative you blame liberalism and black fathers and all the usual suspects I assume for the low vaccines rates

I get many different responses in my google search but none are 1 dimensional on this topic of lower vaccines rates in blacks and others

African Americans do not have the lowest vaccination rate in the state of California

or I get a yahoo reprint of a Washington examiner story The same article claims one thing then admits full up to date statistics are not available! Then they go on to say that access to the shots is a greater barrier for black people. Measures of vaccine hesitancy by racial groups overlook barriers to access, Can you believe that. https://news.yahoo.com/black-people-...150200517.html

In the United States, black people have the lowest vaccination rates of any racial or ethnic group. Although full up-to-date statistics are not available, data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show that the share of black people who are vaccinated is about 6 to 7 percentage points lower than that of white or Hispanic people and 10 percentage points lower than that of Asians. The CDC's breakdown by demographic, though, reflects less than 70% of all shots administered since December 2020.

Vaccine hesitancy rates in black and white people are similar, NPR/Marist Polling shows — 25% and 28% respectively, suggesting that access to the shots is a greater barrier for black people. Measures of vaccine hesitancy by racial groups overlook barriers to access, Benjamin said, such as hardship taking time away from work to get the shots, as well as other "structural things that disproportionately get in the way of communities of color being vaccinated."

Or other articles speaking about the vaccine roll out failures

Black Americans are receiving covid vaccinations at dramatically lower rates than white Americans in the first weeks of the chaotic rollout, according to a new KHN analysis. Access issues and mistrust rooted in structural racism appear to be the major factors leaving Black health care workers behind in the quest to vaccinate the nation. The unbalanced uptake among what might seem like a relatively easy-to-vaccinate workforce doesn’t bode well for the rest of the country’s dispersed population.

Vaccination rates lag in communities of color, but it's not only due to hesitancy, experts say

Here’s an interesting site https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/c...ographics.html

so to recap conservatives vaccines hesitated people and black vaccines hesitated people their hesitation is not
"Jim suggests Republicans distrust in Government come from the same well as blacks distrust of the government when in comes to health care"

You said the blacks distrust was in healthcare, not in government. I responded to that.

I view "government" (distrust in which might be the reason why so many Republicans are unvaccinated) and "healthcare industry" (which you said blacks don't trust) as different things.

Wayne, I know you only have experience in the public sector, and you are very ignorant about everything else. But are you telling me, you see no difference between "government", and the CVS employee who gives covid vaccinations? What reason to blacks have in 2021, to not trust the person at the local pharmacy to give them a covid vaccine?

Now, you're denying you brought racism into it, when you said blacks are right not to trust healthcare because of historical inequities? That's not injecting racism into it?

Wayne: "Blacks have a valid reason not to trust healthcare, because of inequities in healthcare. But I'm not saying there's racism in healthcare."

Today, in 2021, people have WAY more reason to be skeptical of the governments response to covid (my God, what hasn't the government been wrong on? They said "two weeks to flatten the curve) than blacks have reason to be skeptical of getting a vaccine at the local pharmacy. It's irrefutable fact that the government has been wrong again, and again, and again. Why would anyone NOT be skeptical of the government at this point? Is there a single point on which Faucci hasn't flip-flopped multiple times? How many examples are there of government leaders telling us to make sacrifices that they clearly aren't willing to make themselves? How many government leaders have violated their own rules on masks and distancing?

The private sector (including healthcare), on the other hand, has practically been miraculous. Helping sick people, generating testing quickly, generating the vaccine quickly, etc. There is ZERO evidence that the healthcare industry is using the vaccine to harm blacks.

I dare you to make that wrong. Show us ANY evidence that the "healthcare industry" is doing anything based on race.

"blacks are disproportionately less likely to have jobs that offer health insurance"

That's what I said. And then you immediately claimed that I said that all jobs offer health insurance.

Youre not up for this.
Old 12-09-2021, 05:07 PM   #20
spence

This thread is beyond stupid. With the available data black vaccination rates lag white by under 16% and whites have the second lowest rate of racial segments.
Old 12-09-2021, 05:37 PM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This thread is beyond stupid. With the available data black vaccination rates lag white by under 16% and whites have the second lowest rate of racial segments.
When Jim gets his needle stuck there is never as easy end to the thread.
Old 12-09-2021, 06:32 PM   #22
wdmso

Quote:
The question was why blacks lag behind in being vaccinated.

not they didn’t lag behind other groups
Old 12-09-2021, 06:35 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
so you only clutch your pearls when blacks lag behind in something that you can blame on white conservatives.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-09-2021 at 06:42 PM..
Old 12-09-2021, 06:36 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
The question was why blacks lag behind in being vaccinated.

not they didn’t lag behind other groups
he’s saying that blacks only lag by a little margin, so I shouldn’t be asking.

i am genuinely interested why certain groups are lagging. that’s all. i think in order to improve vaccination rates, it helps to know why certain groups are resisting.
Old 12-09-2021, 08:04 PM   #25
wdmso

Quote:
he’s saying that blacks only lag by a little margin, so I shouldn’t be asking.

i am genuinely interested why certain groups are lagging. that’s all. i think in order to improve vaccination rates, it helps to know why certain groups are resisting.
And I have posted those reasons by many different people with far more experience on the topic than I have .. and there is a reoccurring trend
Old 12-09-2021, 08:23 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
And I have posted those reasons by many different people with far more experience on the topic than I have .. and there is a reoccurring trend
and i expressed my opinion, on your posted reasons. i didn’t deny that was the reason blacks aren’t getting b via yes. i said i don’t feel it’s a valid reason. i supported my reasons why i believe that.

you attempted to show racism
in healthcare, by saying that blacks are disproportionately uninsured. that is beyond absurd.

the always recurring trend, is the inability of all of you to ever go against the narrative.

if blacks disproportionately choose to make decisions that we all know increase the likelihood of poverty, it’s not racist when they end up in poverty. whites who make the same decisions, also end up poor.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-09-2021 at 08:29 PM..
Old 12-10-2021, 08:57 AM   #27
wdmso

Quote:
and i expressed my opinion, on your posted reasons. i didn’t deny that was the reason blacks aren’t getting b via yes. i said i don’t feel it’s a valid reason. i supported my reasons why i believe that.

you attempted to show racism
in healthcare, by saying that blacks are disproportionately uninsured. that is beyond absurd.

the always recurring trend, is the inability of all of you to ever go against the narrative.

if blacks disproportionately choose to make decisions that we all know increase the likelihood of poverty, it’s not racist when they end up in poverty. whites who make the same decisions, also end up poor.
Let agree to disagree and move on
Old 12-10-2021, 08:59 AM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Let agree to disagree and move on
and hope
more people get vaccinated.