Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-16-2021, 10:56 AM   #91
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
This is true. Trump will have to run from jail. Which isn’t much different from Biden running from his basement and trump will have all of his supporters behind bars with him so he’ll still draw huge crowds. Biden will definitely be more lucid and spry in three more years and Kamala. Well……
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
the GOP is completely screwed. And they deserve it, since they’re in the habit of denying federal aid to victims of disasters, they’re all white supremacists, and the GOP only cares about rich people, even though the democrat party is now the clear home of the wealthy, even Pete knows this.
Old 12-16-2021, 12:09 PM   #92
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the GOP is completely screwed. And they deserve it, since they’re in the habit of denying federal aid to victims of disasters, they’re all white supremacists, and the GOP only cares about rich people, even though the democrat party is now the clear home of the wealthy, even Pete knows this.
any inflation is imaginary and biden is a great president and the economy is the best ever...seriously.......
Old 12-16-2021, 02:56 PM   #93
Pete F.
Canceled

Amazing how Biden drove up prices of everything worldwide.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-16-2021, 02:56 PM   #94
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
yup, that’s exactly what scott said!
Old 12-16-2021, 03:02 PM   #95
Jim in CT

Quote:
According to the Wharton School of Business at University of Pennsylvania ( not according to foxnews), when you look at inflation for the 35 developed nations, the USA is tied for highest inflation.

there isn’t a developed nation with higher inflation.

I’m sorry Pete, but both Trump and Biden contributed to that.

Are you familiar with the concept of supply, demand, and price?

When you drastically increase the supply of something ( like the supply of dollars), you run the risk of decreasing the value of that something.

Trump and Biden insanely increased the amount of money. The value of that money is now lower. It’s not rocket science.

The relationship of supply and price applies even when it’s not politically convenient for you.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/u-s-t...ebook%22%7D%7D
Old 12-16-2021, 03:03 PM   #96
detbuch

Quote:
yup, that’s exactly what scott said!
And when our economy crashed due to the worldwide pandemic effects, Pete wasn't concerned about "worldwide" then. Then he put the blame on Trump.
Old 12-16-2021, 03:06 PM   #97
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
And when our economy crashed due to the worldwide pandemic effects, Pete wasn't concerned about "worldwide" then. Then he put the blame on Trump.
Yup!
Old 12-16-2021, 03:12 PM   #98
Jim in CT

Quote:
pete, this is a decent point. the pandemic is a global event, but you blame trump for the pain it’s caused americans.

inflation is also a global event, and you say Biden isn’t responsible.

Care to explain the flip top? A cynical person would say all that matters to you is partisan politics, but I’m certain there’s a more fair logic behind your lack of consistency there.
Old 12-16-2021, 04:15 PM   #99
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
pete, this is a decent point. the pandemic is a global event, but you blame trump for the pain it’s caused americans.

inflation is also a global event, and you say Biden isn’t responsible.

Care to explain the flip top? A cynical person would say all that matters to you is partisan politics, but I’m certain there’s a more fair logic behind your lack of consistency there.
I posted this more than a year ago, now there is more evidence of Trump's malfeasance and the effect on our Covid response.
Ask Chris Christie who he got covid from or read Mark Meadows book, plenty of witnesses and reports from people in the rooms.

Now we know Trump wanted to "play it down" when he heard the Coronavirus spread through the air and could kill upwards of 5% of people.

So he thought (wrongly) that 5% of people-- including "not just old people" would die from COVID. And what he decided to do about it?
"Play it down," Trump said of the virus.

So he decided to lie. And he decided to cover up that lie by publicly attacking anyone who disagreed. The CDC, HHS, Anthony Fauci.
I know we are used to lies. I know we are used to d#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g responsibility. I know we are used to incompetence, but something struck me as soon as I heard this.

His excuse: "I didn't want to panic people."

When you have a novel pandemic, before there is a vaccine, the only medicine there is is public reaction.

With a disease that spreads through the respiratory system, not telling them they could avoid catching the disease by taking simple precautions is psychopathic.
The man is a pyromaniac. He knew an invisible fire was coming here and he let the fire rage.

And the people around him knew he knew. And they too did nothing.
Its not like he had a plan for dealing with it while he denied something he knew. He let the fire rage all the time telling us it would be gone by April. 15 cases would become zero.

It spread through the air, but was "going to zero?" It killed people but was "like the flu?"
Trump's defenders like to say "It wouldn't have been any different under Obama." It would have been different under anyone but a madman.
Imagine a world under which the president holds a press conference in the first week in February. He tells people the virus is coming here. It spreads through the air. Its lethal.

Even if he screwed up everything else he screwed up, the world would be different.
People would have been prepared. They would have protected their families. We would have begun to study this. And we would have looked a lot like other countries in the world.
Think about it this way. If a corporation had knowledge that they had a product that killed people and said and did nothing, it could be considered negligent homicide. The CEO and the entire management team would be fired. Some would go to jail.
A movie would be made about the evil. It would win an academy award.

For Trump and team, it will have a news cycle of under 48 hours.

What else don't we know that he knows? What else is his team protecting him on? If he doesn't care about American lives-- soldiers with bounties or our health, what could we count on him to care about besides himself?
You can play table top exercises about what happens when a pandemic comes to our country 100 times with 100 scenarios and never play out the scenario where the president decides not to tell the country & his team backs him up.
Thankfully Republicans in Congress are loudly denouncing him.

OK, just kidding

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-16-2021, 05:35 PM   #100
detbuch

Quote:
I posted this more than a year ago, now there is more evidence of Trump's malfeasance and the effect on our Covid response.
Ask Chris Christie who he got covid from or read Mark Meadows book, plenty of witnesses and reports from people in the rooms.

Now we know Trump wanted to "play it down" when he heard the Coronavirus spread through the air and could kill upwards of 5% of people.

So he thought (wrongly) that 5% of people-- including "not just old people" would die from COVID. And what he decided to do about it?
"Play it down," Trump said of the virus.

So he decided to lie. And he decided to cover up that lie by publicly attacking anyone who disagreed. The CDC, HHS, Anthony Fauci.
I know we are used to lies. I know we are used to d#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g responsibility. I know we are used to incompetence, but something struck me as soon as I heard this.

His excuse: "I didn't want to panic people."

When you have a novel pandemic, before there is a vaccine, the only medicine there is is public reaction.

With a disease that spreads through the respiratory system, not telling them they could avoid catching the disease by taking simple precautions is psychopathic.
The man is a pyromaniac. He knew an invisible fire was coming here and he let the fire rage.

And the people around him knew he knew. And they too did nothing.
Its not like he had a plan for dealing with it while he denied something he knew. He let the fire rage all the time telling us it would be gone by April. 15 cases would become zero.

It spread through the air, but was "going to zero?" It killed people but was "like the flu?"
Trump's defenders like to say "It wouldn't have been any different under Obama." It would have been different under anyone but a madman.
Imagine a world under which the president holds a press conference in the first week in February. He tells people the virus is coming here. It spreads through the air. Its lethal.

Even if he screwed up everything else he screwed up, the world would be different.
People would have been prepared. They would have protected their families. We would have begun to study this. And we would have looked a lot like other countries in the world.
Think about it this way. If a corporation had knowledge that they had a product that killed people and said and did nothing, it could be considered negligent homicide. The CEO and the entire management team would be fired. Some would go to jail.
A movie would be made about the evil. It would win an academy award.

For Trump and team, it will have a news cycle of under 48 hours.

What else don't we know that he knows? What else is his team protecting him on? If he doesn't care about American lives-- soldiers with bounties or our health, what could we count on him to care about besides himself?
You can play table top exercises about what happens when a pandemic comes to our country 100 times with 100 scenarios and never play out the scenario where the president decides not to tell the country & his team backs him up.
Thankfully Republicans in Congress are loudly denouncing him.

OK, just kidding
This is your typical hypothetical BS that you present as fact merely by saying it.

It even contradicts itself. You posit that if Trump said what he actually knew, the world would be different. On the other hand, if he did so, you say that "we would have looked a lot like other countries in the world." Which indicates that Trump was not the cause of the world's pandemic problem and that the world already knew what you think is the truth. As did Fauci, the CDC, et. al--who, BTW, also lied for the same reason that Trump did, to prevent a panic reaction.

And the pandemic caused a world-wide massive economic recession but you tried to pin the blame of our recession on Trump. Of course, unlike your blaming our economic problem on Trump in spite of the world-wide collapse, this time you imply that Biden's policies are not the cause of our financial problems, but that they're caused by the worldwide failures.
Old 12-16-2021, 08:18 PM   #101
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
This is your typical hypothetical BS that you present as fact merely by saying it.

It even contradicts itself. You posit that if Trump said what he actually knew, the world would be different. On the other hand, if he did so, you say that "we would have looked a lot like other countries in the world." Which indicates that Trump was not the cause of the world's pandemic problem and that the world already knew what you think is the truth. As did Fauci, the CDC, et. al--who, BTW, also lied for the same reason that Trump did, to prevent a panic reaction.

And the pandemic caused a world-wide massive economic recession but you tried to pin the blame of our recession on Trump. Of course, unlike your blaming our economic problem on Trump in spite of the world-wide collapse, this time you imply that Biden's policies are not the cause of our financial problems, but that they're caused by the worldwide failures.
You’re somewhat correct, I should have said our world, but you’d spin that also

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-16-2021, 10:39 PM   #102
detbuch

Quote:
You’re somewhat correct, I should have said our world, but you’d spin that also
I didn't spin anything. You, as you often do, conjectured, presented a hypothetical as if it were fact, made it as if Trump knew something that others didn't but hid what he knew and lied and that was the reason that the world or "our world" was different than if he had told us what he really knew. But you left out that what he supposedly knew was known by those who advised him, such as Fauci and the CDC, and as well by the WHO and the Chinese regime (which knew it before anyone and didn't, as they were obliged to do, tell the rest of us). Trump didn't just make up stuff out of thin air. He repeated things, in his awkward way, that our various "experts" said or were publicly saying, as well as what the WHO was saying. And all of whom initially withheld some of what they knew in order to prevent various kinds of panic reaction. Or, possibly, to hide some of their own failings or malfeasance.

Last edited by detbuch; 12-17-2021 at 08:42 PM..