Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-29-2022, 08:31 AM   #31
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

But snitch lines for accountability for teachers is fine they’re the enemy indoctrinating conservatives youth

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I'm ok with holding teachers and school administrators accountable at this point...if you've ever dealt with them you'd know that lack of accountability among teachers and administrators is a serious issue...they think of themselves, in many cases, as their own little kingdoms

if they aren't doing anything wrong they shouldn't have anything to worry about?..right? that's what were always told in other areas
Old 01-29-2022, 08:34 AM   #32
scottw

Quote:

The 10-member board in McMinn County chose to remove “Maus” from its eighth-grade language arts curriculum, citing its profanity and nudity.

10-0 vote....sounds like everyone agreed
Old 01-29-2022, 08:56 AM   #33
scottw

btw...I'm OK with a tip line for police acting badly....
Old 01-29-2022, 09:45 AM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

if they aren't doing anything wrong they shouldn't have anything to worry about?..right? that's what were always told in other areas
this is obviously true. same
with teachers having no reason to oppose their lessons being available for parents ( the paying customer) to see.
Old 01-29-2022, 09:46 AM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
btw...I'm OK with a tip line for police acting badly....
every town has a way for people
to complain about police.
Old 01-29-2022, 09:47 AM   #36
PaulS

Quote:
But snitch lines for accountability for teachers is fine they’re the enemy indoctrinating conservatives youth

McCarthy wishes he was still alive and a Senator as he would be having a field day.
Old 01-29-2022, 09:48 AM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
McCarthy wishes he was still alive and a Senator as he would be having a field day.
you’re opposed to parents having the ability to express concern about what’s being taught by teachers they pay for?

you’re all saying teachers should have zero accountability?
Old 01-29-2022, 09:50 AM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
McCarty hurt people who weren’t doing anything wrong.

why do you assume that teachers ( who have a pretty good union last time i checked) would be punished if parents made baseless accusations?

tenured teachers are almost impossible to fire.

looks like your side is upset that light is finally being shed in all this.
Old 01-29-2022, 10:04 AM   #39
scottw

Quote:
did you think that up yourself or see it somewhere?
Old 02-02-2022, 01:10 PM   #40
PaulS

More whining:

A parent in Texas called for a children's biography about former First Lady Michelle Obama to be pulled from school libraries because they viewed it as unfair to former President Donald Trump.

The Katy, Texas, parent took issue with a book titled "Michelle Obama: Political Icon" by Heather E. Schwartz, claiming it "unfairly" depicted former President Donald Trump "as a bully," according to NBC News, which on Wednesday published a list of 50 books that parents in Texas have asked schools to remove.

The book was reviewed and allowed to stay at the library. How many complaints like this will be made in the future?
Old 02-02-2022, 01:59 PM   #41
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Gee, 335,000,000 people in this country and someone did something stupid, what are the odds.

The woman is a moron, the book didn't get removed, and it should have been a non-story. Moving right along.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-02-2022, 02:05 PM   #42
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Gee, 335,000,000 people in this country and someone did something stupid, what are the odds.

The woman is a moron, the book didn't get removed, and it should have been a non-story. Moving right along.
This type of whining is going to be more and more frequent. Snowflakes
Old 02-02-2022, 02:10 PM   #43
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Whatever floats your boat, Paul.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-04-2022, 08:36 AM   #44
PaulS

More R cancelations:

Members of the Republican National Committee are pushing forward with a resolution to censure Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger,

The measure rebukes Cheney and Kinzinger for their involvement on the Jan. 6 select committee investigating Donald Trump’s effort to overturn the result of the 2020 election,
Old 02-04-2022, 09:12 AM   #45
scottw

Quote:
More R cancelations:

Members of the Republican National Committee are pushing forward with a resolution to censure Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger,

The measure rebukes Cheney and Kinzinger for their involvement on the Jan. 6 select committee investigating Donald Trump’s effort to overturn the result of the 2020 election,
it's not really a cancellation....
Old 02-04-2022, 10:30 AM   #46
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
it's not really a cancellation....
The official position of the Republican Party will be that January 6 was "legitimate political discourse" and that the only people who deserve punishment are the two Republicans who opposed it.

GOP voters are ok with whatever happens. They'll adjust their "beliefs" accordingly.

Just watch

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-04-2022, 10:52 AM   #47
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The official position of the Republican Party will be that January 6 was "legitimate political discourse" and that the only people who deserve punishment are the two Republicans who opposed it.

GOP voters are ok with whatever happens. They'll adjust their "beliefs" accordingly.

Just watch
Big government supposition Pete strikes again with powerful speculation . . . and backs it up with the condition that we need to just watch. And, of course, his authoritative (authoritarian) tone is convincing enough to prove that the supposed Republican official position is a priori wrong.

Outstanding propaganda . . . er . . . information.
Old 02-04-2022, 11:11 AM   #48
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Just watch
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Big government supposition Pete strikes again with powerful speculation . . . and backs it up with the condition that we need to just watch. And, of course, his authoritative (authoritarian) tone is convincing enough to prove that the supposed Republican official position is a priori wrong.

Outstanding propaganda . . . er . . . information.
You prove my point

There is no speculation, this is a new low for the RNC. Beating cops is “legitimate political discourse”? Sad thing is they know it isn’t true but they put out the hostage tape for the 2x impeached sore loser to get $$.

How little faith they have in conservative winning issues.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-04-2022, 01:17 PM   #49
PaulS

More Canc:

Missouri’s top health official, a Republican who opposes mask and vaccine mandates but spoke approvingly of the Covid vaccine, was supposed to have been confirmed by State Senate by Friday.

Instead, conservative state legislators stonewalled the process earlier this week and Donald Kauerauf resigned on Tuesday, becoming the latest public health leader to be forced from office, as the politicized fight about masks, mandates and pandemic response rages on.
Old 02-04-2022, 01:35 PM   #50
scottw

Quote:
More Canc:

Missouri’s top health official, a Republican who opposes mask and vaccine mandates but spoke approvingly of the Covid vaccine, was supposed to have been confirmed by State Senate by Friday.

Instead, conservative state legislators stonewalled the process earlier this week and Donald Kauerauf resigned on Tuesday, becoming the latest public health leader to be forced from office, as the politicized fight about masks, mandates and pandemic response rages on.
I guess you won't be moving to Missouri...
Old 02-04-2022, 03:04 PM   #51
detbuch

Quote:
You prove my point

There is no speculation, this is a new low for the RNC. Beating cops is “legitimate political discourse”? Sad thing is they know it isn’t true but they put out the hostage tape for the 2x impeached sore loser to get $$.

How little faith they have in conservative winning issues.
It's hard to tell what your point was since you painted with such an all encompassing brush. "The official position of the Republican Party will be that January 6 was "legitimate political discourse" and that the only people who deserve punishment are the two Republicans who opposed it."

McDaniel didn't say the the only people who deserve punishment are Cheney and Kinzinger. Neither did she say that beating cops is legitimate political discourse.

She didn't say that everything that happened on Jan6 was legitimate political discourse. Excluding the property damage and any physical assaults that were not defense or retaliation against physical force imposed on them, the rest, the majority of protesters did participate in legitimate political discourse.

Some got caught up in misdemeanors such as trespassing. But, at least to some of us, there seems to be an intentionally abusive overreaction to what occurred, especially against the majority who were not actually seditious or conspiratorial in intent. Languishing for months in crappy imprisonment while waiting for indeterminately scheduled trials is an abuse of civil rights in the cases of even the most egregious crimes and certainly more so in cases of minor ones.

McDaniel supported what she considered the original purpose of the Jan6 congressional investigation including any legitimate punishment for actual serious crimes. She considers that what is actually happening has gone well beyond that and has become politically motivated.

Many of us tend to agree with her.

So, what are the conservative winning issues that you have faith in?
Old 02-04-2022, 04:12 PM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:
More Canc:

This week, Alexandra Ocasio Cortez told Senator Schumer to "make life as difficult as possible" for Senators Manchin and Sinema. Is that your idea of inclusion, tolerance, and embracing diversity of opinions?

I guess you're more concerned about the Missouri state government, than about the US Senate. Either that, or you only care when Republicans do it.
Old 02-04-2022, 04:21 PM   #53
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
This week, Alexandra Ocasio Cortez told Senator Schumer to "make life as difficult as possible" for Senators Manchin and Sinema. Is that your idea of inclusion, tolerance, and embracing diversity of opinions?

I guess you're more concerned about the Missouri state government, than about the US Senate. Either that, or you only care when Republicans do it.
looks to me that the Republican National Committee are trying to cancel Cheney and kinzinger.
But I thought it was only Democrats who cancel others? Isn't that one of those things you howl at the moon about?
Old 02-04-2022, 04:35 PM   #54
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
It's hard to tell what your point was since you painted with such an all encompassing brush. "The official position of the Republican Party will be that January 6 was "legitimate political discourse" and that the only people who deserve punishment are the two Republicans who opposed it."

McDaniel didn't say the the only people who deserve punishment are Cheney and Kinzinger. Neither did she say that beating cops is legitimate political discourse.

She didn't say that everything that happened on Jan6 was legitimate political discourse. Excluding the property damage and any physical assaults that were not defense or retaliation against physical force imposed on them, the rest, the majority of protesters did participate in legitimate political discourse.

Some got caught up in misdemeanors such as trespassing. But, at least to some of us, there seems to be an intentionally abusive overreaction to what occurred, especially against the majority who were not actually seditious or conspiratorial in intent. Languishing for months in crappy imprisonment while waiting for indeterminately scheduled trials is an abuse of civil rights in the cases of even the most egregious crimes and certainly more so in cases of minor ones.

McDaniel supported what she considered the original purpose of the Jan6 congressional investigation including any legitimate punishment for actual serious crimes. She considers that what is actually happening has gone well beyond that and has become politically motivated.

Many of us tend to agree with her.

So, what are the conservative winning issues that you have faith in?
Everything Trump Touchs Dies
Orwell said, “In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

The GOP is censuring Cheney and Kinzinger for one reason: They’re telling the truth about the party and Donald Trump's attempt to overturn an American election. And the GOP wants to shut them up.

To be clear, apparently Ronna's not calling the actual violent attack on the U.S. Capitol "legitimate political discourse" — she's just calling the preceding conspiracy to overturn the election, seize voting machines and execute a coup "legitimate political discourse."

As far as just tourists caught up in misdemeanors

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-04-2022, 04:37 PM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
looks to me that the Republican National Committee are trying to cancel Cheney and kinzinger.
But I thought it was only Democrats who cancel others? Isn't that one of those things you howl at the moon about?
So the RNC is supposed to support every Republican forever?

"But I thought it was only Democrats who cancel others?"

Can you point to where anyone here, said Republicans never do that? But we aren't obsessed with perfect conformity. The GOP had a little civil war recently, it's over, and the Liz Cheney/ Josh Bolton types lost. They lost resoundingly.

The Democrats civil war is between the moderates (very few left) and the progressives, and that's nowhere near over. But that's not a winning issue for you, so you pretend it doesn't exist.
Old 02-04-2022, 04:45 PM   #56
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
So the RNC is supposed to support every Republican forever?

"But I thought it was only Democrats who cancel others?"

Can you point to where anyone here, said Republicans never do that? But we aren't obsessed with perfect conformity. The GOP had a little civil war recently, it's over, and the Liz Cheney/ Josh Bolton types lost. They lost resoundingly.

The Democrats civil war is between the moderates (very few left) and the progressives, and that's nowhere near over. But that's not a winning issue for you, so you pretend it doesn't exist.
There's no Civil War amongst the Democrats. They're having legitimate disagreements. The DNC is not trying to kick people out and censure them like the RNC is at the national level. If you don't like the post I guess you could just ignore it maybe go start another thread about some democrat not wearing a mask .
Old 02-04-2022, 05:01 PM   #57
wdmso

They chose to join Nancy Pelosi in a Democrat-led persecution of ordinary citizens who engaged in legitimate political discourse that had nothing to do with violence at the Capitol. That's why Republican National Committee members and myself overwhelmingly support this resolution."

This is the newest republican and the far right mantra

you see it with Masks you See it with with school board protest and the DOJ you see it with Trump and those arrested after Jan 6th and Now with the RNC
They are petrified of Trump and their fring base .

"The leaders of the Republican Party have made themselves willing hostages to a man who admits he tried to overturn a presidential election and suggests he would pardon Jan. 6 defendants, some of whom have been charged with seditious conspiracy," Cheney tweeted

Ironic coming from one of the Most conservative women around who no is considered a Rino
Old 02-04-2022, 05:26 PM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:
There's no Civil War amongst the Democrats. They're having legitimate disagreements. The DNC is not trying to kick people out and censure them like the RNC is at the national level. If you don't like the post I guess you could just ignore it maybe go start another thread about some democrat not wearing a mask .
no civil war. that’s why biden went to congress twice to beg them
to
pass infastructure, and twice they told him to go kick rocks, only passed it when they got annihilated in VA.

can’t pass build back better despite controlling everything.

the progressives are telling the moderates to join the gop, AOC is telling schumer to make their lives as miserable as possible.

totally legitimate!!
Old 02-04-2022, 05:43 PM   #59
PaulS

Sounds like a good idea for another thread for you to start.
Old 02-04-2022, 06:04 PM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
Sounds like a good idea for another thread for you to start.
lobbing baseless insults is easier than defending a losing proposition.