Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-09-2022, 10:05 AM   #121
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

And Governor Ron DeSantis announced, Friday, the state has 15,000 more doses of monoclonal antibody drug, Regeneron. However, medical experts say it does not work against the omicron variant.

"None of the three monoclonals that are in the Regeneron cocktail show any activity whatsoever against the omicron variant," Dr. Thomas Unnasch, a distinguished health professor at The University of South Florida, said. "Zero activity.”

Unnasch cites four studies published in December that show Regeneron has no effectiveness in preventing an omicron infection. Eli Lilly, the company that created the treatment, admitted the same after its own tests of Regeneron.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
you know there is still some Delta in Florida....

hey, by the way...when you were attacking desantis for being out during the holidays recently.....

you do know he was with his wife who was getting chemo for her breast cancer...right?

and he didn't take two months off to change diapers

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 01-09-2022 at 11:09 AM..
Old 01-09-2022, 10:06 AM   #122
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
QAnon influencer who spread conspiracy theories and misinformation about COVID-19 dies after contracting the virus

Weldon is one of several conservative vaccine skeptics who have died from COVID-19 during the pandemic, including Phil Valentine, Marc Bernier, Doug Kuzma, and Pressley Stutts.

But People said Jim Jones was crazy his followers drank the koolaid and 900 died

How many people did these anti vaccine people take with them Normal people call them crazy and dangerous.

The right and conservatives call it freedom
freedom....
Old 01-09-2022, 12:34 PM   #123
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you know there is still some Delta in Florida....

hey, by the way...when you were attacking desantis for being out during the holidays recently.....

you do know he was with his wife who was getting chemo for her breast cancer...right?

and he didn't take two months off to change diapers
His staff claimed he was working.

A million tests expired while he was with his wife.

He returned and went to an event with his unmasked wife, who just had Chemo?

So who’s lying

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-09-2022, 05:13 PM   #124
scottw

Quote:

So who’s lying

are you suggesting he's lying about his wife having cancer?

or lying about her getting chemo treatments?

or lying about being with his wife for the treatments?

not sure what tests expiring has to do with anything, did you want him to change the expiration date or something?

I know who is insanely bitter
Old 01-09-2022, 07:32 PM   #125
Jim in CT

Quote:

not sure what tests expiring has to do with anything, did you want him to change the expiration date or something?

what you just did to pete, is like what happened to Sonny Corleone at the toll booth.
Old 01-09-2022, 07:59 PM   #126
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

I’m suggesting one of his or his staffs statements is a lie

Since people in Floriduh were waiting in lines for tests and the state controlled the distribution of them, yes I’m suggesting the guy in charge bears responsibility

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-09-2022, 08:43 PM   #127
Jim in CT

Quote:
I’m suggesting one of his or his staffs statements is a lie

Since people in Floriduh were waiting in lines for tests and the state controlled the distribution of them, yes I’m suggesting the guy in charge bears responsibility
you have said here many times, that trump was responsible for many covid deaths that happened on his watch.

let me take a wild guess….Biden isn’t similarly responsible
for the larger number of deaths in 2021?
Old 01-10-2022, 12:52 AM   #128
scottw

Quote:

responsibility for not distributing at the end of December, a batch of tests that expired in September?...
Old 01-10-2022, 07:18 AM   #129
wdmso

Republican governors are downplaying the rapid explosion of new Covid infections — but they still want Joe Biden’s help stopping it.

Shocking
Old 01-10-2022, 07:30 AM   #130
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you have said here many times, that trump was responsible for many covid deaths that happened on his watch.

let me take a wild guess….Biden isn’t similarly responsible
for the larger number of deaths in 2021?

Again Jim comparisons are not remotely relative ..

Funny you support a man who lied about Covid to his fellow Americans and wished it away. And support the unvaccinated as it’s about liberty and freedom

But you want to hold someone responsible who encourages Americans to get tested wear a mask get boosted with the goal of protect yourself and others at the same time . And still excuse the unvaccinated who are the ones actually dying and filling up American hospitals

Your ability to rationalize stuff with nonsense is unmatched

attempt to explain or justify (one's own or another's behavior or attitude) with logical, plausible reasons, even if these are not true or appropriate.

That’s you
Old 01-10-2022, 07:40 AM   #131
Jim in CT

Quote:
Again Jim comparisons are not remotely relative ..

Funny you support a man who lied about Covid to his fellow Americans and wished it away. And support the unvaccinated as it’s about liberty and freedom

But you want to hold someone responsible who encourages Americans to get tested wear a mask get boosted with the goal of protect yourself and others at the same time . And still excuse the unvaccinated who are the ones actually dying and filling up American hospitals

Your ability to rationalize stuff with nonsense is unmatched

attempt to explain or justify (one's own or another's behavior or attitude) with logical, plausible reasons, even if these are not true or appropriate.

That’s you
a complete dodge.

“false equivalency” is your go-to response to everything, to avoid holding democrats responsible for
anything.

biden didn’t lie? he said he had a plan to beat covid.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-10-2022 at 08:12 AM..
Old 01-10-2022, 07:55 AM   #132
scottw

Quote:
what you just did to pete, is like what happened to Sonny Corleone at the toll booth.
Old 01-10-2022, 09:07 AM   #133
wdmso

Quote:
a complete dodge.

“false equivalency” is your go-to response to everything, to avoid holding democrats responsible for
anything.

biden didn’t lie? he said he had a plan to beat covid.
Again facts and Truths are a dodge in Jim’s universe aka Maga universe

Staggering COVID-19 Statistic: 98% to 99% of Americans Dying are Unvaccinated

Dodge that Jim ! Can’t fix a problem if those dying don’t wish to participate in the plan..

But but Biden all you got. What a surprise
Old 01-10-2022, 09:13 AM   #134
Jim in CT

Quote:

Dodge that Jim ! Can’t fix a problem if those dying don’t wish to participate in the plan..

i agree you can’t blame
biden for people
not getting vaccinated.

but the vaccine didn’t even exist for
most of grumps
time dealing with covid, so why were all those deaths his fault?

you didn’t criticize cuomo for putting sick people in nursing homes. it’s all trumps fault.

wdmso, you posted recently that a record low number of americans identify as republican. yet biden’s approval numbers stink.

does that mean that a meaningful
number of independents and democrats disapprove? if so, how do you explain that?

Is there a single major policy issue, on which you think Biden has done a lousy job? or do you give him A’s across the board?
Old 01-10-2022, 09:26 AM   #135
Jim in CT

Quote:

it’s true you can’t blame biden for people not getting vaccinated.

but on what measure can you give him good grades for handling covid?

obviously we weren’t anywhere near prepared for omicron, even though the normal course with viruses is new variants which are more contagious, but thankfully less deadly, then the one before.

you used to be able to go to a clinic and get tested the same day yiu wanted to, now you have to wait days.

production of hime tests is way behind where it could be.

production of treatments like monoclonal antibodies is way behind where it should be. those are very effective, and unfortunately in short supply.

you’d have to give biden good grades on availability of vaccines. and that’s significant. but with the benefit of hindsight, it looks like we went all in on vaccines and let other things slip.
Old 01-11-2022, 03:45 AM   #136
scottw

Quote:

Staggering COVID-19 Statistic: 98% to 99% of Americans Dying are Unvaccinated but are they democrats or republicans...we need that data

Quote:

it looks like we went all in on vaccines and let other things slip.

that sounds like a statistic AOC would blurt out to be honest...don't worry we only have 12 years left on the planet anyway

Walensky said recently that 75% or more of the people who have died...oh, and I guess we are going to finally begin differentiating between "with and from" covid because it's now politically convenient, 75%+ percent had at least 4 co-morbidities and stated "So really these are people who were unwell to begin with" and yes, really encouraging news in the context of Omicron."

while some constitute conditions that are not behavioral, the majority of people who have 4 co-morbidities are people who have not taken care of themselves for decades....obesity, diabetes, smoking, chronic lung disease, chronic kidney disease, liver disease, substance use disorders, heart conditions

A) if someone doesn't take care of themselves should you be surprised that they don't get vaxxed?

B) even vaxxed, they are teetering on the edge probably running on large daily doses of pharmaceuticals

so Wayne...how are you going to keep these people from dying or killing themselves?

are you going to hold them down and vaccinate them, and then chase them around with each booster to make sure they are protected and then monitor their diet and exercise to protect them from themselves?
Old 01-11-2022, 04:11 AM   #137
scottw

Quote:

but on what measure can you give him good grades for handling covid?

well, he still wears his mask outdoors when he's by himself but not indoors when the sign on the door says "masks required"...so that's like...leading by example or something...

On the Fourth of July, President Biden said, “Two hundred and forty-five years ago, we declared our independence from a distant king. Today, we’re closer than ever to declaring our independence from a deadly virus.”

How’d that turn out?

he's also good at triumphantly making disastrously wrong statements and predictions
Old 01-11-2022, 06:16 AM   #138
scottw

Quote:

Since people in Floriduh were waiting in lines for tests

I had to go to Walgreens the other day to drop off a Fedex package...the parking lot was full and the lines inside were very long...it appeared that many people were there to buy test kits as their hands were full of test kits...there was not shortage of test kits, there were tables near the register stacked high with test kits...

the long lines were because there were a lot of people that wanted test kits...

clearly Walgreens was doing a terrible job selling the test kits in a timely manner
Old 01-11-2022, 06:22 AM   #139
Jim in CT

Quote:
I had to go to Walgreens the other day to drop off a Fedex package...the parking lot was full and the lines inside were very long...it appeared that many people were there to buy test kits as their hands were full of test kits...there was not shortage of test kits, there were tables near the register stacked high with test kits...

the long lines were because there were a lot of people that wanted test kits...

clearly Walgreens was doing a terrible job selling the test kits in a timely manner
i don’t know Scott, he did call it “Floridah”, it’s tough to argue with that logic. low unemployment, very low taxes, people flocking there in huge numbers, those hicks can’t do anything right.

same in hartford suburbs yesterday, huge lines at pharmacies as test kits came in ( people never heard of amazon i guess) and stores short staffed.
Old 01-11-2022, 06:23 AM   #140
Jim in CT

Quote:
well, he still wears his mask outdoors when he's by himself but not indoors when the sign on the door says "masks required"...so that's like...leading by example or something...

On the Fourth of July, President Biden said, “Two hundred and forty-five years ago, we declared our independence from a distant king. Today, we’re closer than ever to declaring our independence from a deadly virus.”

How’d that turn out?

he's also good at triumphantly making disastrously wrong statements and predictions
that photo in nantucket was perfect.

still waiting for that cancer cure.
Old 01-11-2022, 07:18 AM   #141
scottw

honest question....if you are young and healthy...why would you get vaccinated at this point?....the Pfizer CEO just admitted that his first two shots are not effective in stopping infection and spread same with the booster and also admitted that they are not as safe as they'd "hoped"....also said there would be an omicron booster in March which will be just in time for the disappearance of Omicron probably....Yale New Haven medical director believes Omicron wave will pass by March

the only reason for a young, healthy person to have an experimental drug injected into their body at this point, is that it "might" lessen some symptoms which they are highly unlikely to experience anyway without the injection....

if you are old and have lots of co-morbidities...sure...probably a good idea...otherwise sounds like drug pushers pushing more drugs

if they tell you the flu shot is not likely to stop you from getting and transmitting the flu and unless you are old and ill, it "might" lessen your symptoms a bit if you happen to catch it...are you getting the flu shot?
Old 01-11-2022, 07:30 AM   #142
scottw

Quote:

you didn’t criticize cuomo for putting sick people in nursing homes. it’s all trumps fault.

they wanted to hang every single covid death, whether "from" covid or "with" covid around trump's neck and it was entirely political...now they are trying to do everything they can to deflect, change definitions, shift blame, backpedal, skip rope and.....on ..

pretty remarkable to watch....no surprise though
Old 01-11-2022, 07:53 AM   #143
Jim in CT

Quote:
they wanted to hang every single covid death, whether "from" covid or "with" covid around trump's neck and it was entirely political...now they are trying to do everything they can to deflect, change definitions, shift blame, backpedal, skip rope and.....on ..

pretty remarkable to watch....no surprise though
but it’s fun watching them squirm when they get challenged in it.

sore reporter for the NYT who had said trump was responsible
for hundreds of thousands of deaths, is now saying that the death count isn’t something that the president can control, so let’s leave Biden alone.

Sounds fair. And perfectly consistent.
Old 01-11-2022, 08:44 AM   #144
wdmso

most of grumps

You are as dense a lead

Trump never tried to take Covid seriously he lied and lied to the American people he said it would disappear..

But in your world goals to cure cancer or to tackle Covid are considered lies .

You prefer a man who sat on hands during Covid . And this same man sat on his hands on Jan 6th ..

Why do you prefer people aka Trump who make no commitments to the American people or just refuse to act for them or tell the Truth. All in the name of his self preservation

Your a poor judge of character
Old 01-11-2022, 08:46 AM   #145
wdmso

Quote:
but it’s fun watching them squirm when they get challenged in it.

sore reporter for the NYT who had said trump was responsible
for hundreds of thousands of deaths, is now saying that the death count isn’t something that the president can control, so let’s leave Biden alone.

Sounds fair. And perfectly consistent.
Jim regurgitation of right wing talking points is not challenging anything or anyone

Your just trying to defend Trump for his inaction

You and the right are
suggesting that Biden has done a worse job handling the pandemic than Trump did, depend on several misleading bits of data. They also ignore the fact that coronavirus deaths in 2021 have disproportionately occurred in more-Republican areas.

And who feeds these people the lies against what would keep them alive.
The have Rs next to their names

Old 01-11-2022, 08:57 AM   #146
scottw

Quote:

You are as dense a lead

atta boy....
Old 01-11-2022, 08:58 AM   #147
scottw

Quote:

You prefer a man who sat on hands during Covid

ummmm....Operation WARP Speed
Old 01-11-2022, 09:02 AM   #148
scottw

Quote:

coronavirus deaths in 2021 have disproportionately occurred in more-Republican areas.

but what about the democrat areas within those more republican areas?....hmmmm?

and define "more"
Old 01-11-2022, 09:42 AM   #149
Jim in CT

Quote:
most of grumps

You are as dense a lead

Trump never tried to take Covid seriously he lied and lied to the American people he said it would disappear..

But in your world goals to cure cancer or to tackle Covid are considered lies .

You prefer a man who sat on hands during Covid . And this same man sat on his hands on Jan 6th ..

Why do you prefer people aka Trump who make no commitments to the American people or just refuse to act for them or tell the Truth. All in the name of his self preservation

Your a poor judge of character
"Trump never tried to take Covid seriously"

When he implemented travel restrictions, the entire left said it was an over-reaction.

So when he does something bold, it's an hysterical overreaction. When he doesn't do something bold, he didn't take it seriously enough. Whatever he does (it doesn't matter what it is), you'll say it's wrong.

He oversaw the creation of a testing and vaccine-creating infastructure that didn't exist. Within a year, you could get a test the day you wanted it (not anymore!) and they were vaccinating about a million people a day.

"he lied and lied to the American people he said it would disappear"

Biden also said he would make covid disappear. How's that working out? He promised to cure cancer too. But last time i checked, it's still around.

But Biden didn't lie., no sir. Only republicans do that.

liberal=good, conservative=bad.
Old 01-11-2022, 09:48 AM   #150
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim regurgitation of right wing talking points is not challenging anything or anyone

Your just trying to defend Trump for his inaction

You and the right are
suggesting that Biden has done a worse job handling the pandemic than Trump did, depend on several misleading bits of data. They also ignore the fact that coronavirus deaths in 2021 have disproportionately occurred in more-Republican areas.

And who feeds these people the lies against what would keep them alive.
The have Rs next to their names

"You and the right are suggesting that Biden has done a worse job handling the pandemic than Trump did"

The data makes that clear. More cases, more deaths, much harder time getting a test now.

Biden also acted, well, you might say like an authoritarian when he issued vaccine mandates that have been struck down in some courts.

I'm old enough to remember when liberals liked to say that personal medical decisions (at least in the case of abortion) were none of the governments business.

Every doctor will tell you that the normal course of new viruses, is that they mutate, and subsequent mutations tend to be more contagious, but less severe, than previous versions. We could have been ready for this.