Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-16-2017, 12:55 PM   #1
wdmso

New Cuba policy's

Another boggie man speech, back to the Stone Age.. communists Castro... Canadians are happy... back to failed approaches. FYI Cubans account for 0.66 of a percent of the us population

Last edited by wdmso; 06-16-2017 at 01:05 PM..
Old 06-16-2017, 03:02 PM   #2
Nebe

If the liberals are called 'Progressives', maybe we gotta start calling this crap the actions of 'regressives'.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:42 AM   #3
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

This was a distraction, plain and simple. Thanks was not high in the to do list, but 'Little Marco' was quick to be in board, so maybe that was the idea for Trump?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-18-2017, 10:19 AM   #4
buckman

When you're so butt hurt you like a communist dictator more the your President . Ask a Cuban how they feel .
Old 06-18-2017, 12:03 PM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
When you're so butt hurt you like a communist dictator more the your President . Ask a Cuban how they feel .

Trump's decision to roll back Cuba policy cheered, booed by Miami exile community

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...community.html

Not my Quote but sums it ups my point

The "best" idea of little Marco, Diaz-Balart and Ros-Lethinen is to go back and try AGAIN what has not worked for the past 50 years...awesome!! In the past two years, more progress towards democracy in Cuba has been made by allowing mainstream Cubans to become entrepreneurs and have direct contact with whoever wants to visit
Old 06-18-2017, 05:30 PM   #6
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Trump's decision to roll back Cuba policy cheered, booed by Miami exile community

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...community.html

Not my Quote but sums it ups my point

The "best" idea of little Marco, Diaz-Balart and Ros-Lethinen is to go back and try AGAIN what has not worked for the past 50 years...awesome!! In the past two years, more progress towards democracy in Cuba has been made by allowing mainstream Cubans to become entrepreneurs and have direct contact with whoever wants to visit
Trump didn't roll back all of Obama's policy changes . Once again you blow things way out of proportion to try and make Trump look horrible .
Old 06-19-2017, 04:56 AM   #7
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Trump didn't roll back all of Obama's policy changes . Once again you blow things way out of proportion to try and make Trump look horrible .
Absolutely. Hence this being DJT's attempt at a distraction. Little changed, but he needed an apparent victory

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 06-19-2017, 06:03 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Absolutely. Hence this being DJT's attempt at a distraction. Little changed, but he needed an apparent victory
distraction.....check

left and media(and Wayne) freak out over an "apparent victory where little change occurred"......check

Trump wins again

hey Eben....I'm trying to figure out this progressive/regressive thing...

"During the first six months of 2016, there were on average 1,095 short-term political detentions, according to the Cuban Commission on Human Rights and National Reconciliation....there were 718 on average in 2015. Obama announced the "thaw" in late 2014.

2016 Human Rights Report- The Cuban government continues to repress dissent and discourage public criticism. It now relies less on long-term prison sentences to punish its critics, but short-term arbitrary arrests of human rights defenders, independent journalists, and others have increased dramatically in recent years. Other repressive tactics employed by the government include beatings, public acts of shaming, and the termination of employment.

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/201...-chapters/cuba

seems the biggest benefactors of Obama's "thaw" are the:

airlines(big business)
cuban government(big government)
Americans who want to smoke cigars and enjoy cheap vacations in impoverished countries(big "insert word")

is this "Progress"?
Old 06-19-2017, 07:40 AM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
distraction.....check

left and media(and Wayne) freak out over an "apparent victory where little change occurred"......check

Trump wins again

hey Eben....I'm trying to figure out this progressive/regressive thing...

"During the first six months of 2016, there were on average 1,095 short-term political detentions, according to the Cuban Commission on Human Rights and National Reconciliation....there were 718 on average in 2015. Obama announced the "thaw" in late 2014.

2016 Human Rights Report- The Cuban government continues to repress dissent and discourage public criticism. It now relies less on long-term prison sentences to punish its critics, but short-term arbitrary arrests of human rights defenders, independent journalists, and others have increased dramatically in recent years. Other repressive tactics employed by the government include beatings, public acts of shaming, and the termination of employment.

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/201...-chapters/cuba

seems the biggest benefactors of Obama's "thaw" are the:

airlines(big business)
cuban government(big government)
Americans who want to smoke cigars and enjoy cheap vacations in impoverished countries(big "insert word")

is this "Progress"?
Whos freaking out just stating the obvious?? ( Another boggie man speech, back to the Stone Age.. communists Castro... Canadians are happy... back to failed approaches. )

nothing to do with human rights

but unfortunately it appears that it'll come down to a backroom political deal between the president and Cuban-American members of Congress."

The most prominent figures still seeking a reversal in the opening are Sen. Marco Rubio and Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart, both Cuban-Americans. The Trump government wants to maintain good relations with both Rubio, who sits on the Senate committee investigating Trump's relations with Russia, and Diaz-Balart, a member of the powerful House Appropriations Committee. http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2...mp-policy.html
Old 06-19-2017, 07:57 AM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
Trump needs no help looking horrible .. I suggest you watch his speech in Miami and see whos blowing things out of proportion ???

it was embarrassing to watch and worse to listen to True Cult of personality

Old 06-19-2017, 08:01 AM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Whos freaking out just stating the obvious?? you are and you didn't ( Another boggie man speech huh?, back to the Stone Age when exactly did cuba leave the stone age...read the report.. communists Castro yes, repressive communist thugs...read the human rights report... Canadians are happy
who cares about canadians
... back to failed approaches. according to the report obamas new approach is failing worse than the failing previous approach)"regressive"?

nothing to do with human rights seems those that run cuba have no interest in or regard for human rights

but unfortunately it appears that it'll come down to a backroom political deal between the president and Cuban-American members of Congress." maybe to avoid the "obstructionists"

The most prominent figures still seeking a reversal in the (CUBA) opening are Sen. Marco Rubio and Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart, both Cuban-Americans. The Trump government wants to maintain good relations with both Rubio, who sits on the Senate committee investigating Trump's relations with Russia, and Diaz-Balart, a member of the powerful House Appropriations Committee. ]
that last part is shocking?

Last edited by scottw; 06-19-2017 at 10:37 AM..
Old 06-19-2017, 08:08 AM   #12
scottw

[QUOTE=wdmso;1123810]Trump needs no help looking horrible ..

he's pretty funny....

out of proportion?

"Lazaro Yuri Valle Roca, a blogger and videographer who often covers the Sunday demonstrations of the Ladies in White, wrote that police arbitrarily detained him on June 7 and drove him 30 miles from Havana, where they took him from the car at gunpoint, made him kneel on the grass, and put the gun to his neck, telling him he was “on notice” to stay away from the demonstrations."

"Other repressive tactics employed by the government include beatings, public acts of shaming, and the termination of employment."

I guess based on what we see from the American left lately all of this might be admirable "Progressive" behavior.....
Old 06-19-2017, 12:23 PM   #13
wdmso

maybe to avoid the "obstructionists"

thats funny just had 8 years of "obstructionists" but only now you see them as an issue ..??

Trumps policys on coal taxes cuba are classic retro politics

doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

But hea nothing wrong with Trump getting his Facts from Info wars another issue of no concern for the Faithful
Old 06-19-2017, 12:39 PM   #14
scottw

Quote:
maybe to avoid the "obstructionists"

thats funny just had 8 years of "obstructionists"
thus the "quotes"