Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM   #151
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Poor Dictim
We know Republicans would never cut anything people need and never give to the people who don’t…

“We are under attack in a left-wing culture war we didn’t start and never wanted to fight. Every day, we are told that we must partake in their rituals, salute their flags, and worship their false idols.”

Do you really think this is a path to power on the national level? Because wow.

Of course it’s all the Trumplican Party has. If they ran on their policy positions of tax cuts for the wealthy and restricting women's reproductive rights, they wouldn't have much else to talk about.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
oh, republicans give TONS to people who don’t need it. Why would you claim i think otherwise? because you’re a deranged, schizophrenic liar?

how can the side that holds more state and federal offices, be the victim, exactly, pete?

“tax cuts for the wealthy”

total lie. trump doubled the standard deduction, helps people at the bottom. he lowered tax rates in every single tax bracket. there wasn’t a tax bracket that didn’t get a cut.

make that wrong, psycho liar. if actual facts proves your case, guy wouldn’t have to make stuff up.

crime is up. fentanyl deaths are up. illegal border crossings are up. effective wages are down thousands of dollars a year because of insane inflation

when trump was potus, you said here he was responsible for every covid death. biden oversaw more deaths. and you stopped beating that drum. How come? voices in your head stopped telling you to lead with that?
Old 02-09-2023, 06:48 PM   #152
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
she doesn’t have to specify waste. only a rabid political moron would presume she’s talking about cutting things that actually help people.
And only a rapid political moron would bring up things that weren't said
Old 02-09-2023, 06:51 PM   #153
PaulS

Quote:
oh, republicans give TONS to people who don’t need it. Why would you claim i think otherwise? because you’re a deranged, schizophrenic liar?

make that wrong, psycho liar. if actual facts proves your case, guy wouldn’t have to make stuff up. ?
Jim you're becoming more and more unstable and angry
Old 02-09-2023, 06:54 PM   #154
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

how can the side that holds more state and federal offices, be the victim, exactly, pete?

“tax cuts for the wealthy”

total lie. trump doubled the standard deduction, helps people at the bottom. he lowered tax rates in every single tax bracket. there wasn’t a tax bracket that didn’t get a cut.

make that wrong, psycho liar. if actual facts proves your case, guy wouldn’t have to make stuff up.

crime is up. fentanyl deaths are up. illegal border crossings are up. effective wages are down thousands of dollars a year because of insane inflation

when trump was potus, you said here he was responsible for every covid death. biden oversaw more deaths. and you stopped beating that drum. How come? voices in your head stopped telling you to lead with that?
Poor Dictim, are you off your meds?

If the Trumplican party actually controls the country as you claim, one would think the Republican run states would be leading, instead they’re failing.

2020 set records for murders, who was President then?
Are you proposing Congress actually do something about immigration and drug abuse, it looks like they’re more interested in playing victim. How’s that clown show going?

The Trump tax cuts were far more beneficial to the highest income Americans.

FACT; Trump imposed nearly $80 billion worth of new taxes on Americans by levying tariffs on 1000s of products, which is equivalent to one of the largest tax increases in decades. The tariffs amounted to a $52.6 billion tax increase in 2021.

Corporate profits have set all time records and are major inflation drivers, are you now advocating for price controls?
Or is it the minimum wage that’s driving inflation?

And actually, the crime capitol of the US is Kevin McCarthy's Republican-run Bakersfield, CA.

Last edited by Pete F.; 02-09-2023 at 11:28 PM.. Reason: Add

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-09-2023, 07:40 PM   #155
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
And only a rapid political moron would bring up things that weren't said
yet you assumed she’d cut things that we need, which she never said. It’s ok when you do it.

you think there’s any waste in the federal budget Paul? None?
Old 02-09-2023, 08:35 PM   #156
PaulS

Quote:
yet you assumed she’d cut things that we need, which she never said. It’s ok when you do it.

you think there’s any waste in the federal budget Paul? None?
Pull up where I said that moron
Old 02-09-2023, 09:13 PM   #157
Jim in CT

Quote:
Pull up where I said that moron
you criticized her for proposing cuts. does that not mean, that you believe she was proposing to cut things, that you don’t think should be cut?

this isn’t complicated.
Old 02-09-2023, 11:10 PM   #158
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You really are the Fox echo chamber, do some research and go back before Clinton and look at jobs each created during their entire four years, Biden blows them away in just two years. So if your contention is correct one or all of those guys would have created all those jobs and guess what they didn’t.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ek/ar-AA17hS4b

From the above article, this is #2 of "The seven biggest lies Biden told this week":

2. “We have created a record 12 million new jobs.”

Biden tries to count the jobs backfilled post-pandemic as “new” jobs, but these positions were already created and merely temporarily abandoned due to COVID-19. In reality, Biden has created 2.7 million net new jobs above what Donald Trump created. This job creation is only 60 percent of the 4.5 million net new jobs that Trump created in his first two years in office.
Old 02-10-2023, 06:38 AM   #159
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ek/ar-AA17hS4b

From the above article, this is #2 of "The seven biggest lies Biden told this week":

2. “We have created a record 12 million new jobs.”

Biden tries to count the jobs backfilled post-pandemic as “new” jobs, but these positions were already created and merely temporarily abandoned due to COVID-19. In reality, Biden has created 2.7 million net new jobs above what Donald Trump created. This job creation is only 60 percent of the 4.5 million net new jobs that Trump created in his first two years in office.
How long did it take to find something you liked? This recap of Trumps term says otherwise.

Summary
The statistics for the entirety of Donald Trump’s time in office are nearly all compiled. As we did for his predecessor four years ago, we present a final look at the numbers.

The economy lost 2.9 million jobs. The unemployment rate increased by 1.6 percentage points to 6.3%.
Paychecks grew faster than inflation. Average weekly earnings for all workers were up 8.7% after inflation.
After-tax corporate profits went up, and the stock market set new records. The S&P 500 index rose 67.8%.
The international trade deficit Trump promised to reduce went up. The U.S. trade deficit in goods and services in 2020 was the highest since 2008 and increased 40.5% from 2016.
The number of people lacking health insurance rose by 3 million.
The federal debt held by the public went up, from $14.4 trillion to $21.6 trillion.
Home prices rose 27.5%, and the homeownership rate increased 2.1 percentage points to 65.8%.
Illegal immigration increased. Apprehensions at the Southwest border rose 14.7% last year compared with 2016.
Coal production declined 26.5%, and coal-mining jobs dropped by 16.7%. Carbon emissions from energy consumption dropped 11.5%.
Handgun production rose 12.5% last year compared with 2016, setting a new record.
The murder rate last year rose to the highest level since 1997.
Trump filled one-third of the Supreme Court, nearly 30% of the appellate court seats and a quarter of District Court seats.
Old 02-10-2023, 07:08 AM   #160
Jim in CT

Quote:
How long did it take to find something you liked? This recap of Trumps term says otherwise.

Summary
The statistics for the entirety of Donald Trump’s time in office are nearly all compiled. As we did for his predecessor four years ago, we present a final look at the numbers.

The economy lost 2.9 million jobs. The unemployment rate increased by 1.6 percentage points to 6.3%.
Paychecks grew faster than inflation. Average weekly earnings for all workers were up 8.7% after inflation.
After-tax corporate profits went up, and the stock market set new records. The S&P 500 index rose 67.8%.
The international trade deficit Trump promised to reduce went up. The U.S. trade deficit in goods and services in 2020 was the highest since 2008 and increased 40.5% from 2016.
The number of people lacking health insurance rose by 3 million.
The federal debt held by the public went up, from $14.4 trillion to $21.6 trillion.
Home prices rose 27.5%, and the homeownership rate increased 2.1 percentage points to 65.8%.
Illegal immigration increased. Apprehensions at the Southwest border rose 14.7% last year compared with 2016.
Coal production declined 26.5%, and coal-mining jobs dropped by 16.7%. Carbon emissions from energy consumption dropped 11.5%.
Handgun production rose 12.5% last year compared with 2016, setting a new record.
The murder rate last year rose to the highest level since 1997.
Trump filled one-third of the Supreme Court, nearly 30% of the appellate court seats and a quarter of District Court seats.
so Det ich points out the laughable
lie that biden told about creating all the jobs lost during covid that i bet sky came back no thanks to him.

you respond by pivoting immediately to trump bashing.

Bob, what are you afraid would happen, if you just admitted Biden was being dishonest? What do you think would happen? What are you afraid of?

Biden has unemployment at 3.4. i think trumps lowest was 3.5. Biden can, and should, brag about that. A meaningful number of jobs have been created on his watch, and he absolutely deserves credit for that.

But most of the 12 million jobs weren’t created, they came back after covid let up. That started before biden took office. Trump and biden share credit for that recovery. Is that not accurate and fair?
Old 02-10-2023, 07:17 AM   #161
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
so Det ich points out the laughable
lie that biden told about creating all the jobs lost during covid that i bet sky came back no thanks to him.

you respond by pivoting immediately to trump bashing.

Bob, what are you afraid would happen, if you just admitted Biden was being dishonest? What do you think would happen? What are you afraid of?

Biden has unemployment at 3.4. i think trumps lowest was 3.5. Biden can, and should, brag about that. A meaningful number of jobs have been created on his watch, and he absolutely deserves credit for that.

But most of the 12 million jobs weren’t created, they came back after covid let up. That started before biden took office. Trump and biden share credit for that recovery. Is that not accurate and fair?
It’s simple math Jim, his numbers don’t work and since at this moment Trump is the number one candidate for the 24 run, with Ron nipping at his heels, should I be bashing Nikki, Pompeo or some other GOP candidate? With Ron suggesting like Scott, social security should be on the blocks every five years, unless Trump is charged, he could be your nominee. What about our disdain and focus on Trump don’t you get, are you not capable of grasping the obvious?
Old 02-10-2023, 07:22 AM   #162
Pete F.
Canceled

It’s obvious that despite his claims to the opposite, the dictim really wants Trump, because he reflects his real values.
Old 02-10-2023, 08:08 AM   #163
PaulS

Quote:
you criticized her for proposing cuts. does that not mean, that you believe she was proposing to cut things, that you don’t think should be cut?

this isn’t complicated.
This isn't complicated. For the second time, show me where I said that?
Old 02-10-2023, 09:38 AM   #164
Jim in CT

Quote:
This isn't complicated. For the second time, show me where I said that?
let’s start at the beginning. You attacked her for proposing cuts. Why did you do that? Am i wrong, for assuming that you’re saying her cuts would hurt people? after all, if her cuts would t hurt anyone, why would you opposer those cuts?

Paul, do you feel there’s any stupid waste in the entire federal budget? Any at all?

My bet is you won’t answer that, because if you say yes, that supports my position, and if you say no, you’re an idiot.
Old 02-10-2023, 09:44 AM   #165
PaulS

Quote:
let’s start at the beginning. You attacked her for proposing cuts. Why did you do that? Am i wrong, for assuming that you’re saying her cuts would hurt people? after all, if her cuts would t hurt anyone, why would you opposer those cuts?

Paul, do you feel there’s any stupid waste in the entire federal budget? Any at all?

My bet is you won’t answer that, because if you say yes, that supports my position, and if you say no, you’re an idiot.
Ok, for the 3rd time pls. show me where I criticized her for proposed cuts? That is a pretty simple ask.
Old 02-10-2023, 10:31 AM   #166
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ok, for the 3rd time pls. show me where I criticized her for proposed cuts? That is a pretty simple ask.
post 138.

Paul, people who receive welfare but also pay income taxes, have a vested interest in eliminating waste, right? you’re saying she has no right to a say. Unless you nosy zero tax, you’re better off of waste is eliminated

I answered your question exactly as you asked

Here’s mine for the third time. Is there meaningful waste in the federal budget.

i answered your question. grow a pair and answer mine.

and funny, when you bash the takers, it’s always bashing those in red states. I’ve never seen you attack the takers in blue states. The people in new haven and hartford and bridgeport are also taking more than they contribute. You’d never, ever attack them though.

Like everything else, it’s ok when democrats who are net takers, criticize the feds. you only start menstruating when republicans do it. I’d bet you can’t show us a single time where you held liberal takers to the same standard you want to hold conservative takers to.

So your concern with people who take more than they give, is quite selective, depending on politics. Which means your concern is completely fake.
Old 02-10-2023, 11:02 AM   #167
PaulS

Quote:
How is this for red state idiocy:

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the new governor of Arkansas, has pledged to get the “bureaucratic tyrants” of Washington “out of your wallets”; in 2019 the federal government spent almost twice as much in Arkansas as it collected in taxes, de facto providing the average Arkansas resident with $5,500 in aid.

Talk about ungrateful. Basic decency is to thank the people helping you out but instead the red states insult the blue donor states.
Never once mentioned "waste" like you claimed. You are an angry POS of person. You are quick to insult and call people schizophrenic when you are the one imagining things people never said. You mock liberals and post 2-3 times when you think they rushed to judgement when you did exactly the same thing here. So any distain you feel for them you should look in the mirror and you will see the samething expect you are far worse.

You've called me a moron a few time here. Is it any wonder you have no friends here (maybe you consider the "moderate" a friend?).

You are a scummy douchebag.
Old 02-10-2023, 11:15 AM   #168
Jim in CT

Quote:
Never once mentioned "waste" like you claimed. You are an angry POS of person. You are quick to insult and call people schizophrenic when you are the one imagining things people never said. You mock liberals and post 2-3 times when you think they rushed to judgement when you did exactly the same thing here. So any distain you feel for them you should look in the mirror and you will see the samething expect you are far worse.

You've called me a moron a few time here. Is it any wonder you have no friends here (maybe you consider the "moderate" a friend?).

You are a scummy douchebag.
You never, ever used the word "waste". But you did criticize her fpor wanting to keep DC's hands out of her citizens wallets, by which she was obviously referring to taxing and spending.

"You've called me a moron a few time here."

Do you need a list of what you've called me?

Paul, you said here, that citizens of states that take more from the feds than they give, shouldn't complain. Ok, fine. But do you feel the same way about people who live in poor cities in blue states? Obviously the city of Bridgeport receives more than it contributes. Do you feel those people also have no right to an opinion about taxes? Or, because those people happen to live in a state where, as a state, they contribute more than they receive, their right to have a say is restored?
Old 02-10-2023, 11:21 AM   #169
PaulS

Quote:
You never, ever used the word "waste". But you did criticize her fpor wanting to keep DC's hands out of her citizens wallets, by which she was obviously referring to taxing and spending.

"You've called me a moron a few time here."

Do you need a list of what you've called me?Sure and post the thread that I responded to when you insult me or claim I said something I never did. It is a pattern.

Paul, you said here, that citizens of states that take more from the feds than they give, shouldn't complain. Ok, fine. But do you feel the same way about people who live in poor cities in blue states? I don't hear them insulting the people who provide benefits to them like those poor red states seem to constantly do.Obviously the city of Bridgeport receives more than it contributes. Do you feel those people also have no right to an opinion about taxes? Or, because those people happen to live in a state where, as a state, they contribute more than they receive, their right to have a say is restored?
Seems like most of the time when Sanders' "bureaucratic tyrants”
are in her citizen's "wallets” are when they are leaving money. How ungrateful can someone be!
Old 02-10-2023, 11:34 AM   #170
Jim in CT

Quote:
Seems like most of the time when Sanders' "bureaucratic tyrants”
are in her citizen's "wallets” are when they are leaving money. How ungrateful can someone be!
"I don't hear them insulting the people who provide benefits to them like those poor red states seem to constantly do"

I see. So according to you, democrats in poor liberal cities, never insulted the people running the federal government, when Trump was in charge. That's what you're saying. The people in Baltimore, Chicago, etc.., never insulted Trump or his administration, when they were receiving federal benefits. Whenever they spoke of Trump, it was only to show gratitude for the benefits they were receiving?

That's good, Paul. Stick with that.
Old 02-10-2023, 11:53 AM   #171
PaulS

Quote:
"I don't hear them insulting the people who provide benefits to them like those poor red states seem to constantly do"

I see. So according to you, democrats in poor liberal cities, never insulted the people running the federal government, when Trump was in charge. That's what you're saying. The people in Baltimore, Chicago, etc.., never insulted Trump or his administration, when they were receiving federal benefits. Whenever they spoke of Trump, it was only to show gratitude for the benefits they were receiving?

That's good, Paul. Stick with that.
Face it you got caught lying again. You have done that in the past. You are a scummy liar.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:15 PM   #172
Pete F.
Canceled

I wonder why, Jim’s hero always does impressive things and who loves him baby….

Inside Trump’s Plot to Send Rapists and Killers To ‘Destabilize’ Liberal Cities

Donald Trump is privately fuming over Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis flying migrants from the Texas border to Martha’s Vineyard, telling confidants the potential 2024 rival stole “my idea” for weaponizing immigrants. Turns out, Trump was right — but his plans were more extreme than anything DeSantis has come up with to date.

In early 2019, three people familiar with the matter tell Rolling Stone, the then-president workshopped a plan to bus migrants suspected of violent crime from the border to liberal metropolitan areas. The plan, two of the sources say Trump explicitly told staff, was to “punish” his political rivals in Democratic controlled areas.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:18 PM   #173
detbuch

Quote:
It didn't take long at all. I wasn't even looking for it. Stumbled on the click bait about the seven lies told by Biden in his state of the union. I haven't watched a State of the Union speech in several years. It didn't take long for me to understand that those speeches were puff pieces for the speaker. Sprinkled heavily with stretches of truth, lies, and BS.

Out of curiosity, I clicked on the link. And there were the seven lies, to which I thought, OK, so what. What did we expect . And moved on with no thought of posting it on the forum.

Then you made your remark. And my first reaction was, OK, big deal, typical BS back and forth banter full of sound and fury but signifying nothing. But, then, driven by some stupid itch, I posted it as a reply to what you said. I should have let it go. You replied in a manner that I expected. Deflect and move on. The usual $hit, and I let myself get sucked into it. I've been resisting making responses to the usual mumbo jumbo, but had a stupid relapse.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:23 PM   #174
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I wonder why, Jim’s hero always does impressive things and who loves him baby….

Inside Trump’s Plot to Send Rapists and Killers To ‘Destabilize’ Liberal Cities

Donald Trump is privately fuming over Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis flying migrants from the Texas border to Martha’s Vineyard, telling confidants the potential 2024 rival stole “my idea” for weaponizing immigrants. Turns out, Trump was right — but his plans were more extreme than anything DeSantis has come up with to date.

In early 2019, three people familiar with the matter tell Rolling Stone, the then-president workshopped a plan to bus migrants suspected of violent crime from the border to liberal metropolitan areas. The plan, two of the sources say Trump explicitly told staff, was to “punish” his political rivals in Democratic controlled areas.
no names, no specifics, from a rag that made up the University of VA rape case...that's good enough for Pete though!

I'm surprised Pete, that you'd admit there are any violent criminals coming across the border illegally. But at least we cleared that up. You admit there are violent rapists among those who come across, yet you don't want a secure border. Brilliant.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:34 PM   #175
Jim in CT

Quote:
Face it you got caught lying again. You have done that in the past. You are a scummy liar.
To recap:

Paul: I have never heard a democrat in a poor state attack the federal government.

Jim: Not even during the Trump years?

Paul: You're a scummy liar. And a scummy douchebag. And you call people names! I'm clutching my pearls with both hands! And suck my d--K when you can, please?

Paul, I asked 3 times if there's waste in the federal government budget, you cannot come close to answering. It's not even a partisan issue Paul, there's just as much waste when the GOP is in charge. But you're so ideologically enslaved to liberalism, you cannot say anything which anyone could interpret as agreeing with the right.

You're embarassing yourself. Have a good weekend. You deserve it after the bad day you're having.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 02-10-2023 at 01:42 PM..
Old 02-10-2023, 02:29 PM   #176
PaulS

Quote:
To recap:to recap - Jim got caught lying again!

Paul: I have never heard a democrat in a poor state attack the federal government.

Jim: Not even during the Trump years?

Paul: You're a scummy liar.Yet I've repeatedly pointed out how you lie constantly And a scummy douchebag. Am I supposed to care what you think? The man who has zero friends here And you call people names! I'm clutching my pearls with both hands! And suck my d--K when you can, please?

Paul, I asked 3 times if there's waste in the federal government budget, you cannot come close to answering. It's not even a partisan issue Paul, there's just as much waste when the GOP is in charge. But you're so ideologically enslaved to liberalism, you cannot say anything which anyone could interpret as agreeing with the right.

You're embarassing yourself. your the douche who got called out for lying again. Have a good weekend. You deserve it after the bad day you're having.
Funny - you got caught lying again. scumbag.

Keep calling people moron - it is hilarious coming from you. Think about it before you call people that.
Old 02-10-2023, 03:11 PM   #177
Jim in CT

Quote:
Funny - you got caught lying again. scumbag.

Keep calling people moron - it is hilarious coming from you. Think about it before you call people that.
why post in a political forum, if you can’t face a question as ridiculously simple as “is there waste in the federal budget”? That is too radical a question for you Paul? Too difficult or controversial?

or can you only comment on topics ( and there are many) which paint liberals in a favorable light?
Old 02-10-2023, 03:26 PM   #178
PaulS

Quote:
why post in a political forum, if you can’t face a question as ridiculously simple as “is there waste in the federal budget”? That is too radical a question for you Paul? Too difficult or controversial?

or can you only comment on topics ( and there are many) which paint liberals in a favorable light?
If everyone responded to every question you asked John would need a new server. I have never felt the need to respond to everything I see or asked.
Old 02-10-2023, 04:22 PM   #179
wdmso

Republicans can’t make up their Minds Biden shoots down another balloon at 40 thousand feet in commercial airspace .

Now their. Claiming he shot this one down so quick was politically

I know conservatives want to forget Jan 6th as if it never happened

I saw this

CNN's SE Cupp says that Republicans criticizing President Joe Biden over his handling of the China spy balloon episode "seems so absurd" when compared to former President Donald Trump's role in the lead up to the January 6th insurrection.

YA THINK

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ostanr-vpx.cnn
Old 02-10-2023, 04:46 PM   #180
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

“is there waste in the federal budget”?

Yes!