Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 03-06-2006, 10:02 PM   #31
Striperknight
Plug Paladin

Ok... I'll bite. Why should you be allowed in early?
Striperknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:12 PM   #32
Diamond Tackle

Mac,
It was really great seeing you again, and you too SK .
Mac ,those 2 plugs are sweet, esp the Jointed EEL, a true Work of art. I will put them to good use.
Thanks again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diamond Tackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:49 AM   #33
NIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striperknight
Ok... I'll bite. Why should you be allowed in early?
Because I'm the Notrious NIB of course.
NIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:56 AM   #34
MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB
Yeah, I heard you were standing in line but never showed. I gave a plug to Charlie for you. He said he's see you at the meeting and would give it to you then.
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:15 AM   #35
NOREASTER

MAC, It was nice to meet you at the show and again .... great plugs. Enjoy the Floyd Roman.

For NIB - I am a member of the Berkeley Striper Club but I am speaking only for myself. Up until last year we used to let other club members in early but for what ever reasons the club decided not to do that this year. I've got news for you, unless you have a table or are a member of Asbury, your not getting into that show early either.
If you don't want to come to our show that's fine. Some great custom plugs and as well as some vintage lures came through the door as MAC can attest to.
NOREASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:59 AM   #36
NIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOREASTER
MAC, It was nice to meet you at the show and again .... great plugs. Enjoy the Floyd Roman.

For NIB I've got news for you, unless you have a table or are a member of Asbury, your not getting into that show early either.
If you don't want to come to our show that's fine. Some great custom plugs and as well as some vintage lures came through the door as MAC can attest to.
I'll wave to ya from the inside Of the Asbury show... I missed Newelly that sucked.Not worried bout dave i'll run into him sometime in the future.he's always been a great guy.nothing personal.Seems there's always some turmoil in ur club.Frankie Z is a good friend of mine The guy at the door didn't even know who he was???apparently he's not runnin things any more thats too bad.I stood on line for like 2 mins.an I left.I was getting real close to rumbling with the other 30 morons on line.I would usually dump 2-3,4 bills in there.Not much in the scope of things.would make my donations to the club.All gone.Goin home was good therapy i got way too many plugs anyways.Went to fishermans supply an got that nice little VS bag for 79 bucks.I go mainly to see people I don't see much like John Jr.Haven't had a chance to wish my condolences on the passin of his dad.Others like Frank, Shelly,Gene..From what i understand some of the berkely guys had their feathers ruffled when they had to stand on line at the Asbury show last yr.So they came up with this great new rule. oh well If I had know in advance i would not have wasted the time or gas.I won't make that mistake in the future..Some one said why should I get in early.Other than being long time friends of some of the folks who ran things I can't really give a response.I really don't deserve any special treatment an don't want any.I don't play well with others standing on line in early march ain't my gig either.Good luck with future shows...
Old 03-07-2006, 10:33 AM   #37
Charlie M

nice meeting and gabbing with some of you guys. Lots of nice stuff there.
Charlie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:14 AM   #38
derf
wishin' i was fishin'

sweet paint job

ok , how do i do the "click on image for bigger picture thingy" ??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mac1.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	14529  

Last edited by derf; 03-07-2006 at 08:01 PM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:36 AM   #39
Skitterpop

Yes you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB

I would have let you in early Tony and made sure you got a few free plugs ..... some of the best parts of old school friendships and associations have gone bye bye with the advent of too many people being out there nowadays.

Respect

Good health and family
Skitterpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:42 PM   #40
PASurfer

Hey Mac

Good to see you, again, and glad you made it back home safe.

Fish that flaptail... I just got back from the local creek, showing one off to a friend, and caught a 10" smallie in the process. Lucky no warden was around, 'cause I still haven't picked up a 2006 freshwater license yet.
PASurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:29 PM   #41
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB
Pissed i didn't get to see ya Dave i had a needle for u to give to Tagger.
Geeeezz wilerkers !! I just missed out again. Spare me the agony Tony you little floozy plug tease. I will not enable your plug abuse any more . You Notorious bastage

Belcher Goonfoock (retired)
(dob 4-21-07)
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:25 PM   #42
NIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagger
Geeeezz wilerkers !! I just missed out again. Spare me the agony Tony you little floozy plug tease. I will not enable your plug abuse any more . You Notorious bastage
Been driving around wit it in my truck for a week with slips darter.I haven't gone to the po because i gotta check the darter to see how it swims.it swam great without paint an epoxy but u never know.well I haven't put hooks on it yet or put a fish pole in the truck.so thats where i stand. if i'm lucky u guys will have it by the time u'll need to use em.597 swap plugs where made in the meantime..Its no big deal but the colors will work for u.so u should fish it.