Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2018, 12:13 PM   #24
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Taking care of your gear goes a long way.
I think too many people are careless about how they treat their stuff, whether it's while they're using it, or how they clean and store it.
Lot a guys talk the talk...(about proper care of their gear)...but I think a good amount of folk, don't take the time, or make the time. Most people just aren't honest enough with themselves. (me included)

Rushing to bed, due to work in a couple of hours...and thinking that cleaning later on, after work...it'll all still be fine....or think, I'll be in em' again later, so no big deal...or just don't rinse enough in the right areas (been there, done that...but learned me lessonz$)

Boots have lasted me a lot longer due to adequate rinsing and being cognizant while in em'.
I've only had one pair fail within one season. They were cheap, so I wasn't surprised...some big-box store. But with the higher quality boots, I've had much success with proper care.
I've seen guys with loosely tied boots, dragging their feet on any surface, dirt path, asphalt, etc...and then before the season ends, they're complaining that the boots were junk? It doesn't work like that.
On the flip side, I know a guy who used to carry water bottles in the vehicle...as soon as he'd get back to the truck, he'd rinse all metals...eyelets, zippers, snaps, etc...

I wouldn't say I abused their policy with waders, but I definitely had no issues with returning them. Not surprised at all, that they're changing it either. If they made products that lasted forever, they'd be out of business....that thought process went out the window decades ago.

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote