Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-30-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

No opinon on the Black Panther election vote hooliganism

Charges against the three black panther party members who stood outside of a place to vote are being dropped by the Obama white house. The three individuals called both white and blacks alike who came to vote racial epithets.

My question is what if these were three white guys, one of whom was standing in front of the door with a billy club in his hand, were wearing white robes along with pointed white hats, would they not have been indicted allready and jailed pending trial?

My second question is why is the white house interferring with any pending court case?

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 05-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
spence

Perhaps there's just not a lot of substance to the case. I've never read that there was any actual voter suppression, more like a few guys behaving like dip%$%$%$%$s.

They do have legal injunctions to not behave in the same manner again.

-spence
Old 06-01-2009, 04:52 AM   #3
scottw

yep...probably nothing...just move along....

The three black panthers, Minister King Samir Shabazz, Malik Zulu Shabazz and Jerry Jackson were charged in a civil complaint with violating the voter rights act by using coercion, threats and intimidation. Shabazz allegedly held a nightstick or baton that prosecutors said he pointed at people and menacingly tapped it. Prosecutors also say he "supports racially motivated violence against non-blacks and Jews."

The Obama administration won the case last month, but moved to dismiss the charges on May 15.

Click to watch the incident on YouTube.

The complaint says the men hurled racial slurs at both blacks and whites.

A poll watcher who provided an affidavit to prosecutors in the case noted that Bartle Bull, who worked as a civil rights lawyer in the south in the 1960's and is a former campaign manager for Robert Kennedy, said it was the most blatant form of voter intimidation he had ever seen.

In his affidavit, Bull wrote "I watched the two uniformed men confront voters and attempt to intimidate voters. They were positioned in a location that forced every voter to pass in close proximity to them. The weapon was openly displayed and brandished in plain sight of voters."

He also said they tried to "interfere with the work of other poll observers ... whom the uniformed men apparently believed did not share their preferences politically," noting that one of the panthers turned toward the white poll observers and said "you are about to be ruled by the black man, cracker."

they were asked to leave the weapons at home the next time that they engage in voter intimidation
Old 06-01-2009, 04:59 AM   #4
Raven

kinda like an ant walking up your leg
with two fingers you flick it off
Old 06-01-2009, 06:20 AM   #5
Cool Beans

This is another one that pisses me off! If it would have been members of the clan or a white supremacist group from Idaho, these guys would be hammered and it wouldn't just be dismissed. Total BS!!!

If it would have been your mother that these jackasses were harassing at the poles, Spence, you would be singing a different tune.

So what does this tell the average "redneck"?

Since the law won't do anything to these guys, the next time it happens, take it into your own hands. Or at least thats how I see it and how I will react in the future.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:53 AM   #6
scottw

CB...don't get caught in the trap of making this a racial issue, it's a no win and this has nothing to do with race, doesn't matter what color these guys were, they're political persuasion is the reason that they had the charges dropped....had they been Mc Cain supporters, repubs. or conservatives of any color they would have been charged with voter intimidation/hate crimes(something at least) and the media would still be talking about it...they're no different than(actually a perfect reflection of) the rest of the current democrat politician thugs who use intimidation and threats to supress their opposition...they're not held to account because they hold themselves to absolutely no standards beyond furthering their ideaology and they are the first to cry foul when questioned, the mainstream media dutifully assails any opposition...democrat politicians don't care about race/minorities per se, they care about the political advantage that they gain through claiming to care about race/minorities...if they truly cared about race they would care about all blacks, hispanics etc...but they don't.... they hold up the individuals that vote for them(even the ones with clubs at polling places) and subscribe to their ideaology and beg to suffer on their programs and they urinate on the others...if you are not a member of the favored class you may suffer their wrath, especially if you speak out...

this explains how:

a tax cheat can remain as Treasury Secretary and head of the IRS

someone who undermined national security can remain Speaker of the House

someone who undermined our military can remain Senate majority leader

the people that aided in destroying the banking/financial system now make policy for and are seeking greater controls of it and those that oversaw the collapse of Fannie and Freddie have never been questioned

Obama can participate in an historic filibuster of a SC nominee and then squawk about fair treatment of his own...

Obama can tell Americans that they need to tighten their belts, be more responsible and SACRAFICE...then spend tens of thousands of tax payer dollars on a date with Michelle....AGAIN!!!

and three men can bring clubs to a polling place and intimidate, insult and threaten others and suffer no consequence...

SUPREME ARROGANCE, HYPOCRACY, SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT.....no accountability.....bad combination....

we need to revive those debt clocks that you used to see calculating the national debt....we need to use those to keep track of Obama and the "other peoples money" that he spends during his time as president......that will be HISTORIC

Last edited by scottw; 06-02-2009 at 01:40 AM..
Old 06-02-2009, 05:56 AM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
Since the law won't do anything to these guys, the next time it happens, take it into your own hands. Or at least thats how I see it and how I will react in the future.
Nice, let's take a situation about a potential Voter Rights Act infringement and turn it violent. I'll be sure to teach that lesson to my son tonight.

Quote:
"No voter has been denied the vote...this is the United States of America and unless [the men standing outside] break the law or do anything, they have the right to stand out there. We don't need anybody trying to trump up anything or generate any kind of excitement," said Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter.
It looks like the men weren't even really Black Panthers. They didn't actually do anything but stand in a public place and shout a few insults, and when asked by the local police to leave...they did.

With all the serious threats facing the people, you think this is the kind of case the DOJ should be obsessed with?

I'd rather they been looking for terrorist cells and fighting organized crime.

-spence
Old 06-02-2009, 08:59 AM   #8
scottw

that is so weak Spence, you are crumbling before our eyes....so you are FOR Black Panther intimidation with clubs at polling places?....that's productive...can't wait for the next election...ACORN got a lot of money....

SIMILARLY regarding what the left finds offensive/serious

Do you think it possible that the muslim extremist who gunned down a military recruiter outside of his office and wounded another may have been swayed by the anti-military rhetoric of the left?

Is it just as likely that the left is responsible for the death of this recruiter as the right is responsible for the death of Dr. Tiller - an incident which the left has already begun and will continue to use to bash the political opposition.

STRANGELY, only one of these incidents merited a Presidential response / statement and a Justice Department Investigation( I really wish they'd stick to serious threats, looking for terrorists and fighting organized criime)

how many shootings occured in the US in the last week and how many did Obama even notice? Had any one of us been gunned down in church.....I'm guessing the Pres. would not be sending his sympathies to OUR families....only in cases where political hay can be made to further the agenda....and abortion is BIG !!!

both case are quite sad, any guesses on what the sentences will be comparitively? which shooter will get the most sympathy from the left/media and who will the ACLU rush to the side of? we know that one story will dominate the media and the other is already forgotten...... Is it particularly ironic that an abortion doctor was shot in a church?....how exactly do your prayers go on Sunday after you've spent your week exterminating little babies?
Does a doctor who specializes in late term abortions even need malpractice insurance?
How long can Spence keep up this mindless defense of Obama and the new Amerikan Nomenklatura......
Just how far is the Obama Thugocracy willing to go and how exactly will this all end....

interesting times...at least the fishing is good
Old 06-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #9
Cool Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Nice, let's take a situation about a potential Voter Rights Act infringement and turn it violent. I'll be sure to teach that lesson to my son tonight.
[spence
Spence, if in the future I see this sort of thing happening, several people of any race, with some type of weapon (ie. billy clubs) harassing innocent voters that are trying to vote, I will step in and confront them. I will not stand by and do nothing if I witness something like that happen, even if the "innocent voter" is an extreme liberal named Spence. We cannot cave into this thuggery and I won't accept the slow giving up of our rights. Even if you would turn away and let them intimidate you from voting, I would stand up to defend your right to vote, even if that one vote was yours and it swung the election.

Sometimes I feel so disappointed when everyday I see people giving up more of what they are either for political correctness or fear of offending someone.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #10
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

I wondered why this hadn't been posted and talked about. So far I have only heard one person sticking up for these three dopes. Spence, because they were helping vote out an unpopular president, doesn't make what they did, intimidating voters, any less a crime. Individuals with civil rights pedigrees that were forged well before you were born Spence have come forword, out of the woodwork, to speak against what these guys did. I suppose because they intimidated two different races is why this is so trivial (to the Obama administartion), and lacks the merit necessary for criminal prosecution. There were numerous civil rights violations committed against blacks and white by these guys. They could still be sued civily by any victims who feel thier rights were infringed upon. That would be very interesting. The issuance of a restraining order, which has occurred, would help anyone pursuing civil litigation against them singularly and/or as a group. Many times during these types of investigations, a restraining order being issued supposedly forces the perpetrators of minor violations to cease thier agressive stance while not changing the ways. If no further instances occur the order will be eventually dropped.

They should have been arrested.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman