Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

No Palin threads?

What do we think?
If she wants to run in 2012, it is a risky strategy to quit your governor job...

I think something else is up... what that is.. who knows...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 07-06-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
Raven

Alaska's finest WOMAN

maybe she's gonna go be a NUN instead

a higher calling....
ALIEN abduction perhaps-yeah

but President PALIN ? that's a total delusion

Going on a 50 State tour of speaking engagements
for 50k a pop..... most likely for a 1/4 mill

BOOKS and movie deals quite possible

or.........she's gonna do a reverse Arnold Schwarzenegger
Old 07-06-2009, 06:32 PM   #3
spence

This may not exactly be PC, but if she wasn't hot we wouldn't be having this conversation.

-spence
Old 07-06-2009, 06:46 PM   #4
Duke41
got gas?

She is going to pose for Hustler. PlayBoy is too classy for her.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #5
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This may not exactly be PC, but if she wasn't hot we wouldn't be having this conversation.

-spence
Bingo. And I don't even find her all that attractive.

After the horror stories from the campaign, there is no way she'll be given a nod by the RNC. Some may think that she will drive the Conservative base, but there are far better candidates for that.

I, for one, would just like for her to go away.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #6
Raven

i think

she got a little taste of Hollywood and felt comfortable enough
with it to give it a shot....
Old 07-06-2009, 08:11 PM   #7
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post

Dream on Dude

she's a certified Diva
Old 07-06-2009, 08:45 PM   #8
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Dream on Dude

she's a certified Diva
Not a chance. She may be under the misconception that she's a diva in how she treated the campaign advisers. In the end, every time she opens her mouth, I want to go lay down in traffic.

She's her own worst enemy - unpredictable, a possible liability and already plagued by allegations of an abuse of power with Troopergate.

She has no future in politics and will eventually dissolve into nothingness.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:56 PM   #9
Cool Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

-spence
This conversation is going on, because she was the Vice Presidential Candidate for the Republican Party last year.

People would have been talking the same crap, if she was Dan Quaile.

And besides it's an easy forum for small minded people to get in a few jabs at her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke41 View Post
Wanna Bet?

Quote:
Bingo. And I don't even find her all that attractive.
Luckily she isn't expecting either of you 3 to vote for her.
Don't count on her going away.

Quote:
Some may think that she will drive the Conservative base, but there are far better candidates for that.
Name One.

Quote:
In the end, every time she opens her mouth, I want to go lay down in traffic.
As you will most likely be hearing a lot more of her, do me a favor and wait until you see a big brown Chevy Suburban before you lay down in traffic.

Such childish remarks, "She's ugly" "I don't like her" and such .....
Let's keep this "wise and intelligent" discussion going.
I look forward to your petty come backs and put downs.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:01 AM   #10
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
And besides it's an easy forum for small minded people to get in a few jabs at her.
The irony of this comment coming from a conservative is beyond dumbfounding.

Quote:
Wanna Bet?
Yes, I do

Quote:
Luckily she isn't expecting either of you 3 to vote for her.
Don't count on her going away.
She may not go away in the public eye sense, but she will not be in any major public office again.

Quote:
Name One.
Bobby Jindal

Quote:
Let's keep this "wise and intelligent" discussion going.
I look forward to your petty come backs and put downs.
Talking about "wise and intelligent" and calling people childish, then looking forward to "petty come backs and put downs" more than screams hypocritical.

So now not liking someone is childish? Thinking they're a liability is childish? Talking about how attractive she is isn't childish, but saying I don't find her attractive is?

I guess you're being childish every time you're walking down the street and check out a hot cougar.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:29 AM   #11
spence

Quote:
This conversation is going on, because she was the Vice Presidential Candidate for the Republican Party last year.
Ok, I agree I misspoke.

If she wasn't hot she wouldn't have been the Vice Presidential Candidate for the Republican Party last year...and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

-spence
Old 07-07-2009, 07:23 AM   #12
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Name One.

1. mark Sanford... oh.. right, forgot... ; Mitt the Hopple; Newt ? If she was the best the Republicans had to offer it is going to be a long 4 years for you guys...

2. There was an entire thread about Michelle Obama being ugly so this board does not have a track record of not commenting on stuff like that.

I think either Palin is going to cash in on this, or struggle to keep up her name.. I think she overestimates her likability and political prowess....

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 07-07-2009, 09:04 AM   #13
fishbones

I don't find Palin very attractive at all. I'm also a little concerned that she is what Spence would consider "hot". She wouldn't even get a second look from most guys if she was just some regular mom in suburbia. She's no better looking than Michelle Obama, she just has bigger boobs.

I can't see the Republicans getting behind her (no pun intended) for 2012. She's gone from the "hockey mom" to tabloid headline grabber. The party is probably breathing a sigh of relief now that she's resigned.

Jindal from LA is considered by some to be a good choice because he's not your typical white old man conservative. They think he could attract a lot of people who voted for Obama last year because of his youth and energy.

Romney will difinitely be on the radar as well. He's had his eye on 2012 for a while and is already building a very large campaign fund behind the scenes. If the economy doesn't improve significantly in the next couple of years, Mitt will start looking good to a lot of people.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 07-07-2009, 11:13 AM   #14
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Romney will difinitely be on the radar as well. He's had his eye on 2012 for a while and is already building a very large campaign fund behind the scenes. If the economy doesn't improve significantly in the next couple of years, Mitt will start looking good to a lot of people.
It would have been interesting to see how Mitt worked through this economy. He did a decent job in MA, working as the only major Republican in a Democratic-dominated state. The dynamic would not be much different if he were working with the current Congress.

I also think he had a much better chance of winning had he been the Republican nominee. Unless Palin was his running mate, he would have gotten my vote.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #15
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

. I think she overestimates her likability and political prowess....
Well she did look pretty good in Waders... so maybe she should
stick to fishing with her Hubby
Old 07-07-2009, 11:43 AM   #16
PaulS

I think Mitt is #1 at this point. I thought Jindal's rebutal to was it Obama's state of the Union address(?) turned off many people on him. I didn't hear it.

Palin ain't bad looking. She may have the ideology conservs. want but she doesn't have the smarts. She should have listened to her handlers and prepared better for the Couric interview.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:07 PM   #17
JohnnyD

This is one of many reasons why I see Palin dying a slow, agonizing political death:

Palin discussing the "false accusations" against here.
"I think on a national level, your department of law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out," she said.

Exactly which "department of law there in the White House" is she talking about that could "automatically throw" out lawsuits?

She maybe be educated by Alaskan standards, but as I said from the moment of her first interview, she is completely disassociated from the reality of politics when it pertains to the contiguous 48 states.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #18
Joe

Book deal, syndicated radio show, maybe an interview show on Fox. She has a bright green future.
Mitt Romney has no chance of being president.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #19
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I wouldn't say 'no chance' but I'm sure the chances aren't too good. Which is unfortunate.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #20
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke41 View Post
Thats a wonderful thing to say about a working mother and governor. What has she done to deserve your comment? The left never ceases to amaze me.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 07-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #21
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Book deal, syndicated radio show, maybe an interview show on Fox. She has a bright green future.
Now if you could just get her into a "Fish Hard, Live Long - AK" shirt with a picture of a salmon or halibut, you'd have a green future too.

Care to make a wager on your Romney statement?

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 07-07-2009, 02:38 PM   #22
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Thats a wonderful thing to say about a working mother and governor. What has she done to deserve your comment? The left never ceases to amaze me.
Don't try to delude yourself into thinking those on the Right walk a higher path.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #23
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
1. mark Sanford... oh.. right, forgot... ; Mitt the Hopple; Newt ? If she was the best the Republicans had to offer it is going to be a long 4 years for you guys...

2. There was an entire thread about Michelle Obama being ugly so this board does not have a track record of not commenting on stuff like that.

I think either Palin is going to cash in on this, or struggle to keep up her name.. I think she overestimates her likability and political prowess....
no no Brian, there was a thread about THE MEDIAS obsession with Michelle Obama. They have called her attactive, hip, glamorous, etc. Notice you dont see that with Palin? She is a white, hard working family woman who is successful and everyone hates that. besides, Palin is religious, and although this country was founded by those seeking religious freedom, its now ok to condemn others.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #24
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Don't try to delude yourself into thinking those on the Right walk a higher path.
If you're a crack whore, raising 20 kids, on welfare and a lesbian, the left would stand up and salute you. i dont want Palin as president or vp, BUT she is a hard working, successful woman who seems to have a tight family and able to balance work/life. I respect her for what she has accomplished. I think the world would be a better place if more woman looked up to her. there is nothing wrong with her values. Johnny - look at the non-stop attack on this woman. she is the pretty girl that walks into a restaurant that all the other woman cant stand.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:57 PM   #25
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
no no Brian, there was a thread about THE MEDIAS obsession with Michelle Obama. They have called her attactive, hip, glamorous, etc. Notice you dont see that with Palin? She is a white, hard working family woman who is successful and everyone hates that. besides, Palin is religious, and although this country was founded by those seeking religious freedom, its now ok to condemn others.
Who is BrIan?

Thats how it was started by you, but it quickly changed it's course...
I would be very scared w/ Palin as a VP or POTUS, BUT I don't dislike her personally. I disagree with a lot of her beliefs, and think she just committed political career suicide...

Bryan

Old 07-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #26
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

sorry BRYAN.....you can call me jamz now

Old 07-07-2009, 03:53 PM   #27
stcroixman

Palin is an attractive woman. She is also too controversial to be our President but will be in the primary field in 2012. I am a Democrat but I call it like it is.

I am not afraid of a woman President, if she is qualified, but many men are afraid and many women are jealous, which I can't figure out.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #28
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Now if you could just get her into a "Fish Hard, Live Long - AK" shirt with a picture of a salmon or halibut, you'd have a green future too.

Care to make a wager on your Romney statement?
I watched a republican congresswoman on t.v. and she was talking about increasing the size of the republican tent by being willing to accept a canidate who departs from the traditional beliefs of the republican base on one or two issues. She said as it is now, there is a litmus test for republican national canidates: they have to be anti-abortion, they can't endorse expanded health care, they can't accept gay marriage, they have to take a hard line on immigration, they can't be pro-labor, etc, etc.
But when pressed for which issue it would be ok to moderate on, she would not name one - probably out of fear that another republican would run against her in a primary for doing so.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:15 PM   #29
JohnnyD

This mad me laugh a little:

Old 07-07-2009, 05:10 PM   #30
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
It would have been interesting to see how Mitt worked through this economy. He did a decent job in MA, working as the only major Republican in a Democratic-dominated state. The dynamic would not be much different if he were working with the current Congress.

Actually, the dynamic would be a little different, because the Democrats don't control 80% of Congress like they do Beacon Hill---so his vetoes would stick

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.