Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-05-2015, 05:19 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Hilary peddling racially divisive bullsh*t

Her remarks at a black college (any why isn't the notion of a 'black' college racist, by the way? save that for another day)...

"What is happening is a sweeping effort to dis-empower and disenfranchise people of color, poor people, and young people from one end of our country to the other... Today, Republicans are systematically and deliberately trying to stop millions of American citizens from voting. What part of democracy are they afraid of? I believe every citizen has the right to vote. And I believe we should do everything we can to make it easier for every citizen to vote.”
-that great uniter, Hillary Clinton

Oh, goody, just what the doctor ordered: someone who wants to peddle more of this divisive race hustling gibberish. Well, Republicans, looks like she's on to us. I guess we have to stop hating everyone, and trying to keep citizens from voting, or something. we have seen what happens when we elect someone President who hates this country, and who hates anyone who disagrees with him, and the result is a Balkanized house divided against itself. Are we going to inflict yet another hatemongering demagogue upon the body politic? Probably...
Old 06-05-2015, 06:46 AM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Where have Republicans "systematically and deliberately trying to stop millions of American citizens from voting" ?

The only check on voting I have heard is to confirm you are a citizen (ID) so you can prove your eligibility, as a citizen, to exercise your right.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-05-2015, 07:25 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Where have Republicans "systematically and deliberately trying to stop millions of American citizens from voting" ?

The only check on voting I have heard is to confirm you are a citizen (ID) so you can prove your eligibility, as a citizen, to exercise your right.
How can you spew such racist bile?
Old 06-05-2015, 11:53 AM   #4
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
How can you spew such racist bile?

Because I am a middle aged while male - by default that makes me raassist

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-05-2015, 02:03 PM   #5
Redsoxticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Because I am a middle aged while male - by default that makes me raassist
Let us know when you change gender I'll get you a Hillary campaign sign.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:39 PM   #6
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

"What is happening is a sweeping effort to dis-empower and disenfranchise people of color, poor people, and young people from one end of our country to the other... Today, Republicans are systematically and deliberately trying to stop millions of American citizens from voting. What part of democracy are they afraid of? I believe every citizen has the right to vote. And I believe we should do everything we can to make it easier for every citizen to vote.”
-that great uniter, Hillary Clinton
Just put it on the pile. Remember when she was running for NY State Senator and told New Yorkers she had always been a Yankee fan??? Round and round the BS goes, depending on her audience.

" Choose Life "