Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-24-2018, 11:15 AM   #61
Pete F.
Canceled

If you look at some of the designs for new gender neutral bathrooms it will make more sense.
Instead of having a room with sinks and somewhat of an enclosure around toilet/urinals, they have a common washing room and private toilet rooms with no gaps to look thru (either way).
Pretty scary apparently

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-24-2018, 12:04 PM   #62
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If you look at some of the designs for new gender neutral bathrooms it will make more sense.
Instead of having a room with sinks and somewhat of an enclosure around toilet/urinals, they have a common washing room and private toilet rooms with no gaps to look thru (either way).
Pretty scary apparently
You're missing the point. Lots of women don't want to be in the room with a man, doesn't matter if the toilet stalls go to the ground. I can't say I'd be comfortable with a woman sharing a rest room with me, but at least I know I don't need to fear of getting attacked. Women don't have that luxury.

If you had the ability to put yourself in someone else's shoes for just a moment, you'd see it. But liberals struggle to accept that some people disagree with them, and some who disagree, are actually normal, rational, nice people. We aren't all sub-human. But in this case, you are mocking the notion that any woman could ever have a legitimate reason to not want to share a restroom with a man. Nit everyone is exactly like you, not everyone feels exactly the same way. Solipsism (the belief that everyone is just like me), is rabid among liberals.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:13 PM   #63
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I have baby-sat my nieces a zillion times, and I can't tell you how many times, when they were around 9 years old, I walked them to the entrance of a public women's room and waited. It never occurred to me that I'm narrow-minded for not being comfortable with a grown man walking in there with my nieces. It never occurred to be that if Willie Horton said "I'm a woman", that courtesy suggests that I hold the door open for him/her so he could follow my nieces in there.

In a perfect world, all public restrooms would be single toilet and gender neutral. But they weren't built that way originally (because the people who built them never fathomed we'd go this far over the edge), and we can't retroactively modify all of them to make it so.

So someone is going to have to sacrifice personal comfort for the comfort of others. I don't especially like the idea of asking little girls to make the sacrifice so that adult males can go into the ladies room. I don't want to see those people harassed in the mens room either, but I'm of the opinion that adults make sacrifices for children, not the other way around.
My thoughts exactly.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 10-24-2018, 12:50 PM   #64
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You're missing the point. Lots of women don't want to be in the room with a man, doesn't matter if the toilet stalls go to the ground. I can't say I'd be comfortable with a woman sharing a rest room with me, but at least I know I don't need to fear of getting attacked. Women don't have that luxury.

If you had the ability to put yourself in someone else's shoes for just a moment, you'd see it. But liberals struggle to accept that some people disagree with them, and some who disagree, are actually normal, rational, nice people. We aren't all sub-human. But in this case, you are mocking the notion that any woman could ever have a legitimate reason to not want to share a restroom with a man. Nit everyone is exactly like you, not everyone feels exactly the same way. Solipsism (the belief that everyone is just like me), is rabid among liberals.
It’s a bunch of single stall baths off a hallway with a common sink area
They have locked doors
If each one had a sink inside so it met your idea of a bathroom it would it be acceptable wouldn’t it
Open up a little bit, you’re getting a bit rabid

I suppose the touchless restrooms with no door bothers you also

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-24-2018, 01:06 PM   #65
spence

Quote:
Have you ever heard of a transgender woman attacking another woman?
Old 10-24-2018, 01:12 PM   #66
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
i’ve heard of men claiming to identify as a woman, attack and harass women in the ladies room. if you can’t foresee that this could happen, you are the most naive person who ever lived.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:17 PM   #67
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i’ve heard of men claiming to identify as a woman, attack and harass women in the ladies room. if you can’t foresee that this could happen, you are the most naive person who ever lived.
I’ve heard of straight men going into women’s restrooms and attacking them
I’d bet it’s far more common than cross dressing rapists

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-24-2018, 01:21 PM   #68
scottw

Quote:
is a "transgender woman" a guy that thinks he's a girl or a girl that thinks she's a guy?...I get these confused...or does it just work either way?
Old 10-24-2018, 01:24 PM   #69
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
is a "transgender woman" a guy that thinks he's a girl or a girl that thinks she's a guy?...I get these confused...or does it just work either way?
Confusion is typical for you, isn’t it?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-24-2018, 01:27 PM   #70
spence

Quote:
Never heard of it happening. Rarely a man goes into the woman's bathroom but there's nothing stopping them from doing this already.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:33 PM   #71
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Its not about being attacked, its about the fact that it just makes some women feel uncomfortable. And the fact that they aren't comfortable with it is being completely ignored because they are worried about the comfort of a smaller group of people.

Basically the fact that a Trans-gendered woman not feeling comfortable using a restroom with Cis-gendered Males is more important than Cis-gendered women not feeling comfortable using a restroom with a Trans-gendered woman.

Some women don't like male doctors, they just don't feel comfortable with them.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-24-2018, 01:36 PM   #72
scottw

Quote:
Confusion is typical for you, isn’t it?
I'm usually confused and amused by the nonsense you post..care to provide an answer?
Old 10-24-2018, 01:37 PM   #73
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

what is wrong with these women???
Old 10-24-2018, 01:38 PM   #74
scottw

Quote:
Never heard of it happening. Rarely a man goes into the woman's bathroom
so you are what?...studying this?
Old 10-24-2018, 01:43 PM   #75
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I'm usually confused and amused by the nonsense you post..care to provide an answer?
Look for yourself if you’re that interested

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-24-2018, 01:43 PM   #76
Jim in CT

Quote:
I’ve heard of straight men going into women’s restrooms and attacking them
I’d bet it’s far more common than cross dressing rapists
That's what I mean, straight men. And you would make it much easier for them to get access to ladies rooms, all they need to do is say "I identify as a woman", and you'd hold the door for them to stroll right in. It's the heterosexual predators that women need to worry about. It never occurs to you that one of them would lie about identifying as a woman, just to get access to the ladies room? Seriously?
Old 10-24-2018, 01:44 PM   #77
Jim in CT

Quote:
Its not about being attacked, its about the fact that it just makes some women feel uncomfortable. And the fact that they aren't comfortable with it is being completely ignored because they are worried about the comfort of a smaller group of people.

Basically the fact that a Trans-gendered woman not feeling comfortable using a restroom with Cis-gendered Males is more important than Cis-gendered women not feeling comfortable using a restroom with a Trans-gendered woman.

"And the fact that they aren't comfortable with it is being completely ignored because they are worried about the comfort of a smaller group of people."

A small group, anointed by liberal with victim status. And I don't deny these people have a really tough time fitting in.

"Basically the fact that a Trans-gendered woman not feeling comfortable using a restroom with Cis-gendered Males is more important than Cis-gendered women not feeling comfortable using a restroom with a Trans-gendered woman."

Blech.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:45 PM   #78
Jim in CT

Quote:

Exactly. Exactly, exactly.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:49 PM   #79
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
It never occurs to you that one of them would lie about identifying as a woman, just to get access to the ladies room? Seriously?
I've decided to become Gender-Fluid, I figure I can claim I'm female when it's convenient so I can get into all the different Ladies Nights and get $3 draughts.

Old 10-24-2018, 01:55 PM   #80
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
That's what I mean, straight men. And you would make it much easier for them to get access to ladies rooms, all they need to do is say "I identify as a woman", and you'd hold the door for them to stroll right in. It's the heterosexual predators that women need to worry about. It never occurs to you that one of them would lie about identifying as a woman, just to get access to the ladies room? Seriously?
Ever seen a drag queen?
You’d hold the door and never know
Probably stare at their ass also

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-24-2018, 01:57 PM   #81
Cool Beans

Quote:
I've decided to become Gender-Fluid, I figure I can claim I'm female when it's convenient .
So should we start referring to you as Spence 2.0?
Old 10-24-2018, 01:59 PM   #82
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
So should we start referring to you as Spence 2.0?
I ain’t that fluid

Old 10-24-2018, 03:02 PM   #83
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ever seen a drag queen?
You’d hold the door and never know
Probably stare at their ass also
Where is it written, that for men to use the ladies room, they have to be unrecognizable as a man? Where did you get that from?

I've seen drag queens who had full beards, but wore ladies' wigs. If a guy is happy with a beard and a wig, I say he should go for it. But I don't want him in a public restroom with my wife, and sure as hell not with my daughter if I had daughters. You are making stuff up as you go along, in a desperate attempt to justify your opinion.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:06 PM   #84
Jim in CT

Quote:
I've decided to become Gender-Fluid, I figure I can claim I'm female when it's convenient so I can get into all the different Ladies Nights and get $3 draughts.
I identify as a millionaire, so where can I get my Bentley?

Here's the difference between the parties. If I said "I am a bird", a conservative would tell me I need to see a psychiatrist. A liberal would help me knock down my house, and build a nest where my house once stood. Honest to God that's just about where we are. Liberals are just about at the point where every conceivable human impulse is to be encouraged and celebrated, the weirder the better.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:32 PM   #85
wdmso

the bathroom bill has been on the books for 2 years and no of the fear mongering presented by conservatives has happened ...

I work at a female correctional facility I can assure you. the women I have seen with transgender dysphoria if they walked into a men's room you would not even notice them ...

if forced to use a women's restroom all the little girls and your wifes who you fear will be attacked would be saying WTF is this man doing in a ladies rest room..

But seeing many people have zero encounters that they know of or know any of these people personally .. these fairy tales come to life until it happens in their family then their tune changes

the same fairy tales were associated with desegregation ,Gays , gay marriage and I would guess by some who are using fairy tail of we need the protection of innocent women and children from Men claiming to be a women
Old 10-24-2018, 04:35 PM   #86
Cool Beans

Quote:
If I said "I am a bird", a conservative would tell me I need to see a psychiatrist. A liberal would help me knock down my house, and build a nest where my house once stood.
That is about the most accurate statement that I think I have ever read in the political forum! Perfect depiction of where we are as a country today!
Old 10-24-2018, 05:46 PM   #87
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Look for yourself if you’re that interested
This is the same defense Spence uses when feeling trapped

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 10-24-2018, 05:46 PM   #88
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Where is it written, that for men to use the ladies room, they have to be unrecognizable as a man? Where did you get that from?

I've seen drag queens who had full beards, but wore ladies' wigs. If a guy is happy with a beard and a wig, I say he should go for it. But I don't want him in a public restroom with my wife, and sure as hell not with my daughter if I had daughters. You are making stuff up as you go along, in a desperate attempt to justify your opinion.
How far apart do mens and women’s rooms need to be
You are somehow under the impression that all that would happen is a couple of new signs
Yet you are concerned about sending young children into a bathroom that has a typical configuration today
Have you even looked at what is proposed for gender neutral restrooms
Your attitude towards women is very similar to conservatives throughout the world, Christian and Muslim alike

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-24-2018, 06:20 PM   #89
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
This is the same defense Spence uses when feeling trapped
No just when some are being intellectually lazy.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:00 PM   #90
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
well my whole ira is in the stock market and i love trump for it. true about the debt. he is judged by his whole term, not one year. the market is up nicely since january 2107.
How you doing today?