Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Old 04-11-2020, 04:47 AM   #1
Rmarsh

Had a very productive week. No commute...no unloading tools and setting up.....no one getting in the way....no breaks or interuptions. Walk out the door of the house and into the shop.

Last edited by Rmarsh; 08-26-2023 at 05:55 AM..
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 06:44 AM   #2
Hookedagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
Had a very productive week. No commute...no unloading tools and setting up.....no one getting in the way....no breaks or interuptions. Walk out the door of the house and into the shop.
The guys I work with don't get it. I try to explain to them that I get so much more accomplished when I work alone compared to working with the whole crew. No-one asking me to help them, questions about what they're doing, can I borrow a tool.....alone is much more peaceful and productive. I your case, being at your own shop is an added bonus.
Hookedagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 05:52 AM   #3
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookedagain View Post
The guys I work with don't get it. I try to explain to them that I get so much more accomplished when I work alone compared to working with the whole crew. No-one asking me to help them, questions about what they're doing, can I borrow a tool.....alone is much more peaceful and productive. I your case, being at your own shop is an added bonus.
No doubt about it.....working alone is way more productive and a lot less aggravation. Last kitchen I installed, while finishing up the soffit and crown, the electricians new helper, decided to switch and plug the kitchen receptacles. Well i could tell this kid was pretty green, so I nicely told him...."I cant have you in my way while I do my work here." He seem startled that I would claim that area as my own workspace.
Next day as I just finish putting the island cabinets in place, same youngster comes in and piles all his supplies in the upper drawers. This time I said loudly "Dont put your stuff there"
He must have told his boss....because he came in and asked "why you yelling at my guy"
I said "Well... either you teach him some job etiquette or i will"
Old 04-17-2020, 06:47 AM   #4
Guppy
User

How about the Estwing I drove through the plumbers TOO freaken loud boom box... god that felt good... LOL
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 11:41 AM   #5
Slipknot
Super Moderator

The stories we could tell, I feel your pain you guys

no shortage of ignorance and incompetence

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 11:47 AM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
How about the Estwing I drove through the plumbers TOO freaken loud boom box... god that felt good... LOL
I did something similar once. A sales guy wasn't paying attention so I changed the font size on one of his PowerPoint slides. BAM! That's never going to happen again
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 03:43 AM   #7
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post

Yeah Ray....music too loud is one thing....I can tolerate most of it...
it's the white boys playing ghetto rap music...like the one with the lyric "mutha fucan nica whatchu want" repeated over and over....that kind of garbage upsets me. Some of it with much worse language....wish you had been there with your estwing. LOL
Old 04-22-2020, 05:42 PM   #8
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Got more dividers installed at another large dental practice. (actually remembered to take pics) Two counters. Amazing how out of plumb some commercial construction is...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lexan1.jpg
Views:	709
Size:	209.9 KB
ID:	67079   Click image for larger version

Name:	lexan2.jpg
Views:	714
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	67080   Click image for larger version

Name:	lexan3.jpg
Views:	709
Size:	228.3 KB
ID:	67081  

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 03:49 AM   #9
Rmarsh

Nice work Ross! The receptionists there must be relieved to have some protection. The cashier girls working at the gas stations were very pleased with the shields that i built...say they want them to stay permanently.....which seems appropriate now.

Another project that will keep me working alone in my shop for a little while.... I have a sign to build, which will be an exact replica of one that i did six or seven years ago. All pvc construction....cutting out the lettering from 1/2" sheet stock was easy......i will do all the painting as I did on the original which is a little faded but still looks good. Hard to tell....but the sign is 7' wide and 4' tall.

Last edited by Rmarsh; 08-26-2023 at 05:55 AM..