Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-30-2018, 08:36 PM   #1
Nebe

Interesting trump fact

He has spent more than 20% of the days he has been in office playing golf. It has cost us tax payers over $83,000,000.00

What a turd
Old 11-30-2018, 09:08 PM   #2
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Yup, a turd

Doesn’t sound like limited government to me, good thing there are term limits
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-30-2018, 09:33 PM   #3
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Yup, a turd

Doesn’t sound like limited government to me, good thing there are term limits
And also a hypocrit. How many times did he tweet about Obama playing golf.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:54 AM   #4
scottw

amazing he can golf that much and still get so much done...
Old 12-01-2018, 08:08 AM   #5
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
And also a hypocrit. How many times did he tweet about Obama playing golf.
That was different

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-01-2018, 08:56 AM   #6
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
amazing he can golf that much and still do so much harm...
fixed it for you
Old 12-01-2018, 09:19 AM   #7
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
That was different
LOL
Old 12-01-2018, 11:30 AM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
He has spent more than 20% of the days he has been in office playing golf. It has cost us tax payers over $83,000,000.00

What a turd
That's a ridiculously high cost for around 140 rounds of golf (20% of the days in office for two years, actually a bit more than 20%). Let's say he paid $600 dollars a round, which is a Pretty steep price, that would come out to $84,000. If he played his own courses, that amount would be $0.

His salary for 20% of days in office for two years would be $160,000. Of course, that's considering he did nothing but play golf 24 hours a day. If he played golf 24 hours a day for those 140 days, the high end cost (salary plus cost of golf) would be somewhere around $240,000. If we deduct the $78,333 of his first year's salary he donated to the national park service, we're down to around the $160,000 salary he would have earned. And if we deduct the $84,000 cost of golf if he played his own courses, we're down to around an $80,000 cost for golf plus time.

That leaves, if you're $83,000,000 figure is correct, about 82.2 million dollars for travel and security. I didn't realize we pay that much for a President's travel and security.

Now, if we consider that the President is on call 24/7, (not to mention that most of us who are employed get nearly 30% of our weekdays off, plus vacation and holiday time, plus time to relax and even play golf after we finish the 8 hours work) then that 82.2 million would be paid whether he played golf or not. And it is very probable that he did not play golf 24/7 on his golf days. It is very probable that, considering the workaholic that he is, he also did President stuff on his golf days--sometimtes almost as much on a normal day as when he didn't play golf. If we consider all that, your $83 million cost to us is absurdly high. In actuality, the cost is probably hyuuugely closer to $0.

Last edited by detbuch; 12-01-2018 at 11:45 AM..
Old 12-01-2018, 11:38 AM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
That's a ridiculously high cost for around 140 rounds of golf (20% of the days in office, actually a bit more than 20%). Let's say he paid $600 dollars a round, which is a Pretty steep price, that would come out to $84,000. If he played his own courses, that amount would be $0.

His salary for 20% of days in office for two years would be $160,000. Of course, that's considering he did nothing but play golf 24 hours a day. If he played golf 24 hours a day for those 140 days, the high end cost (salary plus cost of golf) would be somewhere around $240,000. If we deduct the $78,333 he donated to the park service we're down to around the $160,000 salary he would have earned. And if we deduct the $84,000 cost of golf if he played his own courses, we're down to around an $80,000 cost for golf plus time.

That leaves, if you're $83,000,000 figure is correct, about 82.2 million dollars for travel and security.

Now, if we consider that the President is on call 24/7, (not to mention that most of us who are employed get nearly 30% of our weekdays off, plus vacation and holiday time, plus time to relax and even play golf after we finish the 8 hours work) then that 82.2 million would be paid whether he played golf or not. And it is very probable that he did not play golf 24/7 on his golf days. It is very probable that, considering the workaholic that he is, he also did President stuff on his golf days--probably as much as when he didn't play golf. If we consider all that, your $83 million cost to us is absurdly high. In actuality, the cost is probably hyugely closer to $0.

pretty sure that figure was not based on just a round of golf .. But seeing you have a tendency to not see the bigger picture when it come to Trump your answer is understandable
Old 12-01-2018, 11:47 AM   #10
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
pretty sure that figure was not based on just a round of golf .. But seeing you have a tendency to not see the bigger picture when it come to Trump your answer is understandable
Actually, I was looking at the bigger picture. That you don't see that is understandable.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:42 PM   #11
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

He walked so no cart fee🤪
Old 12-01-2018, 05:03 PM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
Actually, I was looking at the bigger picture. That you don't see that is understandable.

the cost is probably hyugely closer to $0. yep i didn't see that big ZERO
Old 12-01-2018, 07:41 PM   #13
Nebe

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder if you are high on amphetamines ...
Here’s the article that I read that had me facepalming.

https://qz.com/1481003/trumps-secret...al-golf-carts/
Old 12-01-2018, 09:51 PM   #14
Sea Dangles

Ha, more fake news for Nebula.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:00 PM   #15
Nebe

I’m not so sure about that.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:02 PM   #16
Nebe

Let’s see how your reading comprehension is and your capacity for rational thought. Read that article and click on all the links.
Unless you too are high on amphetamines as well.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:10 AM   #17
detbuch

Quote:
Let’s see how your reading comprehension is and your capacity for rational thought. Read that article and click on all the links.
Unless you too are high on amphetamines as well.
According to former White House aide Bradley H. Patterson Jr. (in his book titled To Serve the President, published in 2010) the estimated cost of running the White House for fiscal year 2008 (during Bush's presidency) was nearly $1.6 billion dollars.
Now about half of that figure (more than $800 million) was related to the Secret Service budget (accounts for almost 57% of the total allocated budget to that agency for 2008) to protect the president and the White House.
https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-dail...ican-president

So it cost $1.6 billion dollars for 2 years (2x2008 fiscal year at $800 million a year) for secret service to protect the President at that time. 20% of 1.6 billion is $320 million. So the $83 million that it supposedly cost to protect Trump when he played golf for 20% of his two years is only about one fourth of the total for protecting the President at 2008 prices for 20% of two years. That's a lot of money to protect the President. I didn't realize it cost that much. But Trump's costs certainly don't seem out of line. It appears that the golf time wasn't costing more that the normal average cost. Maybe even less.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...LION-year.html
Old 12-02-2018, 08:51 AM   #18
scottw

Quote:
He has spent more than 20% of the days he has been in office playing golf. It has cost us tax payers over $83 Bazillion!

What a turd
fixed it
Old 12-02-2018, 09:24 AM   #19
Nebe

Quote:
According to former White House aide Bradley H. Patterson Jr. (in his book titled To Serve the President, published in 2010) the estimated cost of running the White House for fiscal year 2008 (during Bush's presidency) was nearly $1.6 billion dollars.
Now about half of that figure (more than $800 million) was related to the Secret Service budget (accounts for almost 57% of the total allocated budget to that agency for 2008) to protect the president and the White House.
https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-dail...ican-president

So it cost $1.6 billion dollars for 2 years (2x2008 fiscal year at $800 million a year) for secret service to protect the President at that time. 20% of 1.6 billion is $320 million. So the $83 million that it supposedly cost to protect Trump when he played golf for 20% of his two years is only about one fourth of the total for protecting the President at 2008 prices for 20% of two years. That's a lot of money to protect the President. I didn't realize it cost that much. But Trump's costs certainly don't seem out of line. It appears that the golf time wasn't costing more that the normal average cost. Maybe even less.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...LION-year.html
Your logic is flawed. The cost to run the whitehouse doesn’t stop when trump plays golf.
Nice try.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:46 AM   #20
scottw

trumpgolfcount.com that's hilarious
Old 12-02-2018, 09:50 AM   #21
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
trumpgolfcount.com that's hilarious
The fact that you don’t care about the con job this clown has pulled on this country is hilarious.

Drain that swamp. Less government waste. Fiscal conservatism. Family values. All solid republican attributes that I don’t see very much of.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:08 AM   #22
scottw

Quote:

Drain that swamp. Less government waste. Fiscal conservatism. Family values. All solid republican attributes that I don’t see very much of.
shouldn't this make you happy?
Old 12-02-2018, 10:10 AM   #23
Sea Dangles

The country is doing great,what is your issue? Things are getting fixed and the future looks great.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:16 AM   #24
detbuch

Quote:
Your logic is flawed. The cost to run the whitehouse doesn’t stop when trump plays golf.
Nice try.
That's toward my point. To begin with, I separated the cost of running the White House and the cost for secret service protection. The secret service protection is continuous. It doesn't stop when he plays golf. Does it all of a sudden become $83 million more expensive when he plays golf? He plays golf for fiver hours. Protection is 24/7. How much of the $83 million is the continuous cost of protecting him, including the five hours for golf and how much is added to the fixed cost? Is there even any significant added cost? Does it cost more for the protection during that five hours?

Apparently, it is ridiculously expensive to protect a President 24/7. He is protected every time he poops. Presidential poop has got to be the most expensive poop in the world. Like much, or most, of our tax money, it is flushed down the toilet.

I would guess, perhaps wrongly, that most of that $83 million is the continuous cost of secret service protection. So the added cost, if any, is closer to zero than to the full $83 million.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:23 AM   #25
Jim in CT

the potus can do the job anywhere, golf doesnt bother me
much, republicans made too big a deal when obama played. Maybe if the left wasn’t so deranged with hate for trump, he wouldn’t need so much expensive security.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:25 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
The country is doing great,what is your issue? Things are getting fixed and the future looks great.
their issue, is that it’s not only a republican doing good things, but a republican who beats them
at their own game ( fighting dirty) and who loves taunting them.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:26 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
The fact that you don’t care about the con job this clown has pulled on this country is hilarious.

i notice you didn’t mention the economy or employment in that list of complaints. Or ensuring our safety.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:37 AM   #28
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i notice you didn’t mention the economy or employment in that list of complaints. Or ensuring our safety.
Why should I comment on those things? I’m talking about his flagrant hypocrisy of criticizing pass Presidents for their behavior and saying whatever he had to say to get elected and then to go forth and do even worse by far surpassing what he criticized with his own actions. But if you want to talk about the economy perhaps we can discuss the bankrupted farmers who are suffering from his tariffs. The car plants that are shutting down perhaps due to his Terrace it all just seems to me that he is a fraud. In fact anyone with a brain knows he’s a fraud the question is is his fraudulent behavior in powering your side? Or the other side? And you want to support it or ignore it or resist It.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:40 AM   #29
scottw

Quote:
Why should I comment on those things? I’m talking about his flagrant hypocrisy of criticizing pass Presidents for their behavior and saying whatever he had to say to get elected and then to go forth and do even worse by far surpassing what he criticized with his own actions.
sounds like most recent previous presidents except Bush, Bush, Regan
Old 12-02-2018, 12:15 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Why should I comment on those things? I’m talking about his flagrant hypocrisy of criticizing pass Presidents for their behavior and saying whatever he had to say to get elected and then to go forth and do even worse by far surpassing what he criticized with his own actions. But if you want to talk about the economy perhaps we can discuss the bankrupted farmers who are suffering from his tariffs. The car plants that are shutting down perhaps due to his Terrace it all just seems to me that he is a fraud. In fact anyone with a brain knows he’s a fraud the question is is his fraudulent behavior in powering your side? Or the other side? And you want to support it or ignore it or resist It.
everyone knows he’s a fraud? he’s not a real estate billionaire? all
those buildings that have his name on them, the thousands of employees he has who get paid every two weeks, it’s all
a fraud? tell
us more, please!