Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-21-2008, 05:44 PM   #1
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Anyone hear

what Biden said about a world crisis in the next 6 months?

Can anyone shed some light on his statement?

" Choose Life "
Old 10-21-2008, 06:11 PM   #2
Nebe

well... To sum it up, he said that other global leaders are just waiting to screw with him IF he is elected..to test his gumption.

I wouldnt read into it at all.. Biden is known to ramble about nothing..
Old 10-21-2008, 07:49 PM   #3
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
well... To sum it up, he said that other global leaders are just waiting to screw with him IF he is elected..to test his gumption.

I wouldnt read into it at all.. Biden is known to ramble about nothing..
lol....nice spin. You are brighter than that. I know you can't say it, but you know what he is preparing america for....

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 10-21-2008, 08:13 PM   #4
Nebe

An OBAMA WIN??
Old 10-21-2008, 09:30 PM   #5
striperman36
Old Guy

At a fundraiser Sunday night, Biden, the Democratic vice presidential nominee, said that after taking office, "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. ... We're going to have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."
He added that the Obama administration would need people to stand with it at the time because "it's not going to be apparent initially ... that we're right."

Khrushchev did that with Kennedy 1960-61
Old 10-22-2008, 07:31 AM   #6
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
An OBAMA WIN??
I think you already have that locked up.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 10-22-2008, 07:58 AM   #7
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronko View Post
I think you already have that locked up.

I dont. I have lost much faith in the ethics of this country long ago..
Old 10-22-2008, 08:38 AM   #8
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

ethics has nothing to do with it.
Some people just may beleive that less than 2 yrs in the Senate and a Law degree are not what it takes to run the United States.
personally, even if I agreed with Obamas policies, I could not vote for him purely on his asociation with Wright and the fact that he attended that church for 20yrs. I could not put my children on my knee and go to you-tube and tell them we are going to watch some scenes that were filmed in our presidents church and have them watch Wright. I cannot beleive our country has come to a point where someone can attend a church that preaches hatred and ignornace can be elected president.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 10-22-2008, 08:54 AM   #9
Raven

the crowds lookin like old woodstock video

tell it all....
Old 10-22-2008, 08:55 AM   #10
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Former CBS anchorman Dan Rather says there is a huge double-standard in the media when it comes to coverage the Barack Obama campaign receives, which is clearly made evident in the lack of scrutiny given to comments Obama’s vice presidential running mate Sen. Joe Biden made earlier this week.

On Sunday, Biden said that electing Obama president will generate “an international crisis” within the first six months of his new administration because America’s enemies will want to test Obama.

“Watch — we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy,” Biden assured. “I don’t know what the decision is going to be, but I promise you it will occur. As a student of history, and having served with seven presidents, I guarantee you it is going to happen.”

Rather, speaking today on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” cable program, told host Joe Scarborough that if Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin had said such a thing about her running mate John McCain, it would be “the top story in every major American paper and on every network.”

Rather says the Obama campaign “can’t be happy” about Biden’s comments and is surprised there haven’t been more political ramifications to Biden’s gaffe.

“Certainly if Sarah Palin had said this, it would be above the fold in most newspapers today," Rather said. "But let me point out that what happens on the Internet may be as important, or more important, than what’s happening in newspapers,” he added, referring to the spotty mainstream media coverage.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:07 AM   #11
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Nobody here is denying that he said it, We just aren't losing our friggin minds over the fact that he did.

Just like nobody is losing there minds over palin spending $130,000 on Clothes or expensing her kids airfare

Or that McCain is trying to get Russia to fund his campaign

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-22-2008, 09:14 AM   #12
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Nobody here is denying that he said it, We just aren't losing our friggin minds over the fact that he did.

Just like nobody is losing there minds over palin spending $130,000 on Clothes or expensing her kids airfare

Or that McCain is trying to get Russia to fund his campaign

Your just using your lib-o-meter to discount the importance of it. Of course your not losing your mind over him saying it, because you rationalize it as " That crazy ole Biden shooting his mouth off again"
Whatever works for you.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:21 AM   #13
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Just like we discounted that "Crazy Old Palin Shooting her Mouth off Again" when she called Obama a Terrorist.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-22-2008, 09:34 AM   #14
Raven

Arrow

from my reading(s) it seems to be more related to
our economy influencing the world economy in domino fashion rather than our presidential election but
that's just my impression.

---------------------------------------------------------------
after thought.... this is where we need president
fish wee wee's financial analysis and input
Old 10-22-2008, 12:27 PM   #15
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Sounds from the actual quote, Biden should be on McCaine's ticket.

He sure isn't helping Obama talking about one of his biggest weaknesses.

Obama will be tested FOR SURE, and while everybody is thinking and voting their pocketbooks right now,

there will be ALOT of people wishing they had their vote back when it happens, if they're still alive.

" Choose Life "