Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Boat Fishing & Boating

Boat Fishing & Boating A new forum at Striped-Bass.com for those fishing from boats and for boating in general

Old 12-09-2004, 01:34 PM   #1
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

So that everyone is on the same page about Advertising...

I want to clarify the advertising policy on S-B so people know what is acceptable and what is not.

Sponsors - The only true commercial entities that are allowed to advertise their wares on this website. That means that it is OK for Captain Bill of Bill -n- Jules to post a fishing report or for M&D's/CapeCodTackle to post a fishing report is they so chose. That means it is OK if Hab's Custom Plugs wants to advertise their product and the locations to get them (even places that are not sponsors here). If Joe from SRI wants to say he got a shipment of Bernzys in, he can post it up.

Non-sponsors - Those who own, represent, are affiliated with, or extremely chummy with a company - especially marine/fishing/boating/recreational - that is NOT an official sponsor here and those that sign up with the intention of "helping" a friend announce a product, are VERBOTEN, no way no how. Why? Our selectsponsors help keep the lights on. We are selective on who we allow for sponsors in both location and product quality. I think S-B has some of the best & nicest members out there and deserve excellent sponsors and it is in your best interest that you all have the best sponsors on this site. I also think it works well for our sponsors to have the potential of a great group of class (mostly) people to advertise to. We have the best sponsors because they are people I have personally dealt with and would recommend to you or small local businesses that have been highly recommended to me by a lot of you. The newest likely soon to be addition of NJTackle was our first POLL of a quality potential sponsor . As much as my wallet would appreciate the 5 requests for sponsorship I get EVERY WEEK, I don't want to flood everyone with ads, have 80 sponsors, and saturate the boards with Buy Me links. I think we strike the right balance for all of you.

If you are not a sponsor and you us or encourage some to us, you will be found and digitally spindled, humiliated, and made the fool that you are - And were pretty good at figuring out when we're getting spammed. So I cordially invite those that want to us to not us.

For those non-sponsors that have commercial ventures and participate as members here on the board please remember that without official sponsorship, contact by Private Message, E-mail, or other ways as a result of this board does go against our policy. This has always been this way. PLEASE keep it open and honest and not promote your business or take advantage of the openness of S-B and our members to make a buck...

For everyone else? Same as always, you get a good deal at a tackle shop that isn't a sponsor? No problem as long as you are not schlepping stuff for a friend. You like a particular product that is not a sponsor, fine. Someone asks where to get left handed eddy creating waders? I would like to see our sponsors get a look but mentioning other sites and shops is fine. Someone asks where to get a somethingorother and you say you saw a sale on the other site, that's OK. In fact, you can even mention the name of the othersite(s) around here without fear of being edited out.

What we don't need is spamming, spamming for others, or a general disregard for the rules... I hope all this doesn't seem to harsh, just trying to keep S-B open, free, and honest - that's all...

Thanks!

John

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 02:59 PM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Thanks JohnR....keep up the great work, that goes for your moderators also!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 03:54 PM   #3
Moses

Everyone on this site is great. And the few sponsor's I've dealt with have provided high quality goods & service consistently!!!!

Mike Malone
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:13 PM   #4
Clammer

AHHHHHHHHHH and I was about to sell the Jamestown bridge

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 08:30 AM   #5
JHABS
Needlefish Nazi

Thanks JohnR and Thank You to All, Any Questions or if Your Looking for something Don't hesitate to call. Will Try to Help in any way...................................

Over the Last Several Years HAB'S NEEDLEFISH Have Caught More "Confirmed" 30, 40, 50, and even 60 pound Striped Bass than any other Wooden Needlefish on the Market today. 2 Over 50lbs. and 1 Over 60lbs. in 2005 alone........... "HOOK UP WITH HAB'S" Your Best Bet For BIG BASS.....
JHABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:00 AM   #6
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Habs....heard some mention of a "buy one Mur-eel get an Atom 40 free" deal? Any truth to this?

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:10 AM   #7
JohnR

I just want to clarify that the main thing I don't want to see is Joe Somebody signing up to promote his business (like Penetrator, Mike Bartlett, CrabHawk, et all) overtly or covertly. I still want the regular and new members to feel welcome to talk about most anything just not to have commercial interests taking advantage of you and the board to drum up some extra business...

Thanks!

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-10-2004, 09:15 AM   #8
tlapinski
All up in the Interweb!

and beware of the police.....

Co-Host of The Surfcast Podcast

"Out there in the surf is where it's at, that's where the line gets drawn in the sand between those who talk fishing and those who live it."
- a wise man.

One good fish, a sharpie does not make...

Certified rock hopping billy goat.
tlapinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 08:54 AM   #9
bassmaster
Dave's Guide Service

Master says..............

Pro Tool Club....
bassmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 02:24 PM   #10
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Thats funny clammer.. I figured I'd buy plum point light for a dollar and fix it up, then sell it as high rise condos... damn restorers... beat me too it...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 12:30 PM   #11
Iwannakeeper
fishing the pacific

Send a message via AIM to Iwannakeeper
Hear-Hear JohnR.

You run an outstanding site.....and I am sure I speak for all of us when I thank you for running a tight ship.

-IWK

Keep lines wet and tight in the pacific
Iwannakeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 01:46 PM   #12
JohnR

IWK - it's tough to find the right balance and I probably miss as often as I hit but I still think we do the right thing here... most of the time

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 03-09-2005, 10:17 PM   #13
Rockhound

Send a message via ICQ to Rockhound
Good job JohnR

This is a great site and would not want a bunch of junk ruining a great thing.

Fishing is life, the rest is just details
Rockhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 07:21 PM   #14
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
ok

Last edited by Raider Ronnie; 09-02-2005 at 04:15 PM..
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:49 PM   #15
Hooper
Southsider

Thanks John, Love S-B!
Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #16
Raven

old wooden boat

Wooden boat
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote