Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-17-2016, 10:08 PM   #31
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Maybe you should give it up about the media bias without recognizing he lies or insults people daily. He shoots himself in the foot, the media covers it and then his followers complain about the media.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

most of the media is spewing propaganda instead of news, they are no longer journalists, cnn,msnbc,new york times, post etc. all bash trump while hiding disparaging stuff that would hurt Clinton. Those accusers of trump have been debunked one after another but you don't see it because you don't look and the word won't get out unless trump does the media's job for them. Fox news will cover it all but liberals and brainwashed people don't watch that. The proof of corruption on all those emails is overwhelming but the left media won't cover it other than saying it is false when the truth is, they are real and the corruption is so eggregious it's unreal. Our judicial system is over-run with lawlessness, they aren't going to admit it. The Democrats will stop at nothing to squash everything.

Clinton is the most corrupt, two faced lying candidate ever to be nominated for President. It is absolutely appalling. And if the collusion of this machine actually gets her elected, you all will own it and the destruction of our country will be on all of you. God help us if she gets enough electoral votes.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:09 PM   #32
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Jim,

ya I'm all broken up about Michelle's shaken core

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:58 PM   #33
ecduzitgood
time to go

I am confused is this woman a sexist or is she implying Joan Rivers was killed by the Obamas.

https://youtu.be/eOIExYGFB5s
Old 11-06-2016, 08:55 AM   #34
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
most of the media is spewing propaganda instead of news, they are no longer journalists, cnn,msnbc,new york times, post etc. all bash trump while hiding disparaging stuff that would hurt Clinton. Those accusers of trump have been debunked one after another but you don't see it because you don't look and the word won't get out unless trump does the media's job for them. Fox news will cover it all but liberals and brainwashed people don't watch that. The proof of corruption on all those emails is overwhelming but the left media won't cover it other than saying it is false when the truth is, they are real and the corruption is so eggregious it's unreal. Our judicial system is over-run with lawlessness, they aren't going to admit it. The Democrats will stop at nothing to squash everything.

Clinton is the most corrupt, two faced lying candidate ever to be nominated for President. It is absolutely appalling. And if the collusion of this machine actually gets her elected, you all will own it and the destruction of our country will be on all of you. God help us if she gets enough electoral votes.
Curious to see the proof all the accusers statements have been debunked? I would suppose those that feel all those accusers suddenly came forward to hurt the trump campaign also believe all the accusers of Bill Cosby are all looking for their fifteen minutes of fame.

I don't like either candidate, but I'd put Trump right in the same category as Cosby, the fox CEO and a few men in a position of power I've seen abuse women because they could. My better have has had a career as an HR manager and has seen it first hand as well and we both see him for what he is.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:59 AM   #35
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Curious to see the proof all the accusers statements have been debunked? I would suppose those that feel all those accusers suddenly came forward to hurt the trump campaign also believe all the accusers of Bill Cosby are all looking for their fifteen minutes of fame.

I don't like either candidate, but I'd put Trump right in the same category as Cosby, the fox CEO and a few men in a position of power I've seen abuse women because they could. My better have has had a career as an HR manager and has seen it first hand as well and we both see him for what he is.
Where do you put Clinton?
Old 11-06-2016, 09:04 AM   #36
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
different rules for left wing icons...

seriously...if these stories and accusations had real merit the MSM would be hammering them night and day...odd that they are not
Old 11-06-2016, 09:37 AM   #37
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Bill Clinton is right there with them all, powerful man abusing his power because he can; oh I assume you did mean Bill. Still power corrupts absolutely and it isn't gender specific, so the guys don't have a monopoly on that behavior, but if we are going to do the math; I'm sure the men abusing women far overshadows the same happening to men. Certainly Bill Clinton wasn't and probably won't be the last man in the oval office to get away with behavior which in today's corporate world, would likely lead to trouble or termination.

I don't like Hillary, but man I've come to detest Trump. I think he is a corporate bully, the definition of a narcissist, he is abusive to women clearly and I don't trust him to not take our country to the brink of military action that will do more harm to our economy, than the policies the democratic party brings to the table.

But he knows more the all the generals combined, so I guess he might not be as dangerous as all that. Bombing the sh*t out of countries sounds really promising to route out the terrorists, but how many countries are you going to go at, its not like they are all in one camp just hoping Trump doesn't get elected.

Like I said, I've voted and left the oval office ticket blank, I can't wait until it's over and fear for what might be yet to come.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:46 AM   #38
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I didn't say "all" accusers' statements have been debunked.

Both he and she can be and have been horrible people, having said that take emotion out of it and choose based on policy and what you think is better for the freedoms we enjoy as a nation. I am not pleased with his morals in regards to women and not happy with his treatment of subcontractors, but I would never ever vote for Hillary knowing what we know and have learned of her. One side wants more government control over us, the other wants to preserve our constitutional freedoms, it's that simple. Trump will be a strong leader that we need for better trade deals to get America working again, he has the right formula, as opposed to hers which will continue to ruin this country with higher taxes and bankruptcy. Trump will work to keep radicals and terrorists out of our country and she will allow them into here. I know he is a bully and not politically correct all the time but maybe we need that as opposed to the apologist we have in there now.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:48 AM   #39
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Obama has bombed more countries than Bush

In my opinion, Hillary would be more likely to get us in a war than Trump

Old 11-06-2016, 11:44 AM   #40
detbuch

Quote:
Bill Clinton is right there with them all, powerful man abusing his power because he can; oh I assume you did mean Bill. Still power corrupts absolutely and it isn't gender specific, so the guys don't have a monopoly on that behavior, but if we are going to do the math; I'm sure the men abusing women far overshadows the same happening to men.

Since far more men, at this point in time, have had political or corporate power than women, it stands to reason that the number of men corrupting that power far overshadows the number of women who have. Really not an indicator of anything.

Certainly Bill Clinton wasn't and probably won't be the last man in the oval office to get away with behavior which in today's corporate world, would likely lead to trouble or termination.

Which provokes the question: if so many men who were morally corrupt in sexual behavior were so successful in governing or making corporations profitable, how relevant was their sexual behavior to their ability to perform their jobs? Would it have been better to have morally pure incompetents as Presidents or corporate leaders? That's not to condone immorality, but if the choice is between two corrupt candidates, shouldn't the concern be how they will govern not how they diddle?

And as far as the bullying goes, Hillary doesn't take a back seat to Trump in that respect.

I don't like Hillary, but man I've come to detest Trump. I think he is a corporate bully, the definition of a narcissist, he is abusive to women clearly and I don't trust him to not take our country to the brink of military action that will do more harm to our economy, than the policies the democratic party brings to the table.

Hillary has been a political bully. She is an ideological narcissist, which is more dangerous than run-of-the-mill narcissism, and she has abused the women who were Bill's victims. And her defense of her husband's sexual depravity is as equally corrupt as his immorality.

And I thought that Hillary was militarily considered a hawk. How does she now get a pass on ability to start a war? And I thought the conventional wisdom per WWII was that war brought us out of the depression. I don't agree with that, but I agree with Slipknot that Hillary is more likely to start a war than is Trump.

And, besides, Trump's economic policies will be more beneficial to our economy than Hillary's policies.

But he knows more the all the generals combined, so I guess he might not be as dangerous as all that. Bombing the sh*t out of countries sounds really promising to route out the terrorists, but how many countries are you going to go at, its not like they are all in one camp just hoping Trump doesn't get elected.

I think he said, or meant, that he would bomb the sh*t out of ISIS not out of countries. And it's that old notion of cutting off the head of the snake--bomb them where their power resides. Kill the movement before it becomes a country.

Like I said, I've voted and left the oval office ticket blank, I can't wait until it's over and fear for what might be yet to come.
If our concern was over our system of government rather than the personalities of our candidates, we might have a clearer vision of how to cure that which makes us afraid.

A limited government which retains most power in the hands of the populace and its local governments is less fearful than an unlimited one which can bully us with its abuse of power. It is that bullying and abuse that should frighten us far more than corporate or sexual bullies.

The relevant choice is between a candidate who represents the trajectory toward unlimited government, and one who may retard or reverse that trend, especially in the choices of Supreme Court Judges.

Last edited by detbuch; 11-06-2016 at 12:12 PM..
Old 11-06-2016, 02:07 PM   #41
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

As an independent voter, I have voted both sides of the political fence, based on my belief in their ability to govern and take the country where I'd like to see it go. No I don't want more government and i definitely am tired of paying for a large number of people who just would rather milk the system than work.

Is a loose cannon, a man who can piss off half of his own party members, a large majority of women, in addition to a very large ethic population which make up a growing percentage of this country (sort of the way it started), capable of governing; absolutely not IMHO. He has run companies into bankruptcy and has no experience in the political arena and while I agree with a lot of what he wants to change, I just don't think he is the right man to do it correctly and without putting us at risk.

We all are voting our hearts and minds and both of mine tell me this man is not to be trusted with my vote. Hillary is the lesser of the two evils in this race and I'd rather have 4 more years of the same, than 4 years of what I think he brings to the table.
Old 11-06-2016, 02:42 PM   #42
buckman

Quote:
As an independent voter, I have voted both sides of the political fence, based on my belief in their ability to govern and take the country where I'd like to see it go. No I don't want more government and i definitely am tired of paying for a large number of people who just would rather milk the system than work.

Is a loose cannon, a man who can piss off half of his own party members, a large majority of women, in addition to a very large ethic population which make up a growing percentage of this country (sort of the way it started), capable of governing; absolutely not IMHO. He has run companies into bankruptcy and has no experience in the political arena and while I agree with a lot of what he wants to change, I just don't think he is the right man to do it correctly and without putting us at risk.

We all are voting our hearts and minds and both of mine tell me this man is not to be trusted with my vote. Hillary is the lesser of the two evils in this race and I'd rather have 4 more years of the same, than 4 years of what I think he brings to the table.
Most of what you say about Trump are cute little talking points without substance .
Hillary will sell our national security and your kids future to the highest bidder. The devil you know is as bad as it gets .
Old 11-06-2016, 03:03 PM   #43
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The beauty of the good old USA, we can voice our differences of opinion and not worry about someone coming to our door in the middle of the night. I agree I'm not happy what we have, but he isn't the answer for me anyway.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:05 PM   #44
detbuch

Quote:
As an independent voter, I have voted both sides of the political fence, based on my belief in their ability to govern and take the country where I'd like to see it go.
Where would you like to see it go?

Last edited by detbuch; 11-06-2016 at 05:30 PM..
Old 11-06-2016, 05:41 PM   #45
detbuch

Quote:
The beauty of the good old USA, we can voice our differences of opinion and not worry about someone coming to our door in the middle of the night.
Actually, our freedom of speech is not as safe as that now. Ask some Christian bakers in Colorado, for instance, how freely they can speak. It is not the good old USA anymore. It's an expanding and different one where all the "old" freedoms are no longer guaranteed.

If you've followed the "evolution" of the Constitution as "interpreted" by Progressive Judges, you would have seen that what was once a severe limitation on governmental power along with what was once called by the Founders a "vast residuum of rights" (all those rights remaining outside of the limited rights given to government) guaranteed to the people, all transformed by Progressive "interpretation" into a document which grants greatly expanded power to government and progressively limits the rights of the people.