Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Classifieds Area - NO COMMERCIAL POSTS WHATSOEVER » Classifieds

Classifieds Buy,Sell, or Swap for members only please. NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING - thanks... And if you sell something like a boat through here - throw us a couple bucks for the site please :D

Old 03-10-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
cheferson

WTB High speed drill

Im looking for a high speed ( 8-10,000 rpm) hand drill. ANyone have one laying around collecting dust??

Or a angle grinder with a 5/8-11 spindle

Last edited by cheferson; 03-11-2009 at 11:03 AM..
cheferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheferson View Post
Im looking for a high speed ( 8-10,000 rpm) hand drill. ANyone have one laying around collecting dust??
Not sure anyone even makes one. You may need to go with a dremel or a die grinder.
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
Charleston
Certified Mass-hole

The only drill motor that will turn up that fast is pneumatic.
Charleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
fishaholic18
Finally

Tyler, I have a dremel and drill if you need to borrow one... I can part with them for a few weeks if that works.

Dave

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º >¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((( º>
fishaholic18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:11 AM   #5
cheferson

They supposedly make one, all the books ive read say the one most important item is a high speed drill 10,000 rpm. Im looking to use it for drilling holes in logs. They also mentioned converting an angle grinder to drill , but not how to do it. I searched online and did not see any other then one made from an auto blower. I have a hand drill , but its not very good. Thanks for the offer F18, I already have a dremel and a drill though, was looking for the high speed. Ill send one of the spawn providers an email , maybe they know.

Last edited by cheferson; 03-11-2009 at 09:58 AM..
Old 03-11-2009, 08:15 AM   #6
cheferson

Mac , would a die grinder take drill bits and hold up to drilling 5000 holes into white oak logs?
Old 03-11-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
eastendlu

What Dia. Drill do you plan on using?

Originally Posted by Flaptail
"Throw plugs like we do that will cause them to suffer humility. Pogies make any fisherman look good when bass are around. Bait is easy."
eastendlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:03 AM   #8
cheferson

7/16 or 12mm. I also found an adapter for an angle grinder that Fits on a 5/8-11 spindle. Anyone have an angle grinder they wanna sell???

Last edited by cheferson; 03-11-2009 at 11:34 AM..
Old 03-11-2009, 12:45 PM   #9
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I don't know what books you're reading but drilling a 7/16" hole in white oak at 10,000 rpm will not be very productive in my opinion, it will just heat the bit up needlessly and most likely dull it unless you are the hulk or something and can go like hell.
A nice heavy duty Milwaukee holeshooter drill or Magnum with the side handle would drill holes just fine in white oak, no need for 8,000 rpm.
I've drilled thousands of holes, believe me.

How deep are you drilling those holes?
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:25 PM   #10
cheferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
I don't know what books you're reading but drilling a 7/16" hole in white oak at 10,000 rpm will not be very productive in my opinion, it will just heat the bit up needlessly and most likely dull it unless you are the hulk or something and can go like hell.
A nice heavy duty Milwaukee holeshooter drill or Magnum with the side handle would drill holes just fine in white oak, no need for 8,000 rpm.
I've drilled thousands of holes, believe me.

How deep are you drilling those holes?
This is what all the books and literature online have said. I found out that these drills are special japanese %$%$%$%$ake drills, so maybe thats why im having a hard time finding them. The guy said its so much faster/easier with high speed, you just touch the log and its done. The holes are just an inch or 2 , but i need to do like 5000 holes! I found a high speed bit and a adapter for an angle grinder. Just looking for a used angle grinder now.