Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-08-2017, 09:50 PM   #1
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Comey

Thought his testimony was good and honest and enlightening for what could be said in open (clearly would love classified transcript but...).

Short version: Trump is a tool and a fool. Suggested with firmness to drop. As someone I follow (former Navy Captain( stated, in mil/fgov organization "I think" and "I'd like" are more than suggestions but guidance to follow.

That said, not sure if this is obstruction. Interesting he blew the NYT reporting out of the water. And Trump is not the subject of an investigation in the unclass testimony, but some of his "satellites" may be.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-09-2017, 04:04 AM   #2
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Comey admits he is leak, desperation? Proper? He sounded political the way he defended Hillary and the Dems.
Trump may foolish but is no fool, he did not collude with Russians so left politicians can stop their squawking now.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-09-2017, 04:44 AM   #3
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Comey admits he is leak, desperation? Proper? He sounded political the way he defended Hillary and the Dems.
Trump may foolish but is no fool, he did not collude with Russians so left politicians can stop their squawking now.
Clearly a partisan . Trumps instinks for asking his loyalty and firing him proved right .
Comey perhaps the weakest FBI director ever
Old 06-09-2017, 05:02 AM   #4
Slipknot
Super Moderator

He was afraid of being murdered by Clinton
Old 06-09-2017, 07:26 AM   #5
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Thought his testimony was good and honest and enlightening for what could be said in open (clearly would love classified transcript but...).

Short version: Trump is a tool and a fool. Suggested with firmness to drop. As someone I follow (former Navy Captain( stated, in mil/fgov organization "I think" and "I'd like" are more than suggestions but guidance to follow.

That said, not sure if this is obstruction. Interesting he blew the NYT reporting out of the water. And Trump is not the subject of an investigation in the unclass testimony, but some of his "satellites" may be.
Unlike the others I agree with you. The Pres. says "I hope" - you do it. But doubt it is obstruction.

Believe he said he knew Trump would lie. Another bad day for Trump (although it got off the front page how he did more illegal stuff w/his charity and how they basically took $ away from kids w/cancer).

Last edited by PaulS; 06-09-2017 at 08:06 AM..
Old 06-09-2017, 07:33 AM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

Another bad day for Trump.
?...seems Trump was exonerated for many of the things the left has been dogging him about.....

Trump has an odd way of turning bad days and awful moments into "covfefe bigly"

he will continue to play the left and the left will continue to overreact to everything to the point of having less credibility than Trump...which is an impressive feat
Old 06-09-2017, 08:06 AM   #7
PaulS

Maybe they should have another hearing on Bengahzi instead of examining all the $ paid to Trump assoc and the contacts that they constantly lie about.

My favorite line from his lawyer was "the President is not a liar". Must have a different definition than most not partisian Americans.

Trump would have rather have loyalty than honesty and the Constitution.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:09 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:
Maybe they should have another hearing on Bengahzi instead of examining all the $ paid to Trump assoc and the contacts that they constantly lie about.

My favorite line from his lawyer was "the President is not a liar". Must have a different definition than most not partisian Americans.

probably depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is....
Old 06-09-2017, 08:19 AM   #9
boot man

At what point does a government abuse whistle blower become a leak and a traitor?

Pretty sure if you do something by the book, you don't have to worry about either.

Applies to both parties equally really.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:45 AM   #10
buckman

Quote:

"Double standard " ... applies to your every response
Old 06-09-2017, 08:58 AM   #11
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
"Double standard " ... applies to your every response
Point them out by pulling up some quotes?

I've asked you to do that repeatedly, yet you never do.

Pathetic.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:58 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
how he did more illegal stuff w/his charity and how they basically took $ away from kids w/cancer).
I saw a piece that said if Trump charities paid Trump Corp to use their golf resorts, that's not necessarily illegal, but man doe it appear ugly. Same article said that the Trump charity (I presume you're talking about the Foundation that gives money to St Jude's Childrens Hospital) has a fairly admirable expense ratio. But it sure looks gross if that money found its way to him. Sort of like someone using the Clinton Foundation for personal gain.

It seems morally bankrupt, like other things he has done. I hope he chooses not to run in 20.
Old 06-09-2017, 11:01 AM   #13
buckman

Quote:
Point them out by pulling up some quotes?

I've asked you to do that repeatedly, yet you never do.

Pathetic.
You repeatedly made excuses for the Clinton foundation.

Does it bother you that Loretta Lynch clearly worked with the Clinton campaign to minimize the damage from an FBI investigation ?
Hillary Clinton repeatedly lied. "I never destroyed any emails, " "I never sent classified emails " etc. etc ......
Old 06-09-2017, 12:08 PM   #14
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I saw a piece that said if Trump charities paid Trump Corp to use their golf resorts, that's not necessarily illegal, but man doe it appear ugly. Same article said that the Trump charity (I presume you're talking about the Foundation that gives money to St Jude's Childrens Hospital) has a fairly admirable expense ratio. But it sure looks gross if that money found its way to him. Sort of like someone using the Clinton Foundation for personal gain.

It seems morally bankrupt, like other things he has done. I hope he chooses not to run in 20.
The Trump charity gave money to the son's charity/fund raiser - that is illegal. And then the same amount was given back to the golf course. Expenses went way up beyond was was normal for a golf outing - not illegal unless they found they padded the expenses.
Old 06-09-2017, 12:18 PM   #15
PaulS

Quote:
You repeatedly made excuses for the Clinton foundation. No, I didn't. That is a lie - so pull up the "repeated" posts (bc that implies constantly/many postings). I commented but show me the many posts where I made "repeated excuses" or the "double standard" where I criticized the $ given to Ivanka's charity. Bc w/o comments on another charity there is no double standard - keep trying. (unless you don't even know what a "double standard" is.)

Does it bother you that Loretta Lynch clearly worked with the Clinton campaign to minimize the damage from an FBI investigation ?What does that have to do with "double standard" - stick with the topic.
Hillary Clinton repeatedly lied. "I never destroyed any emails, " "I never sent classified emails " etc. etc ......Again, stick with the topic.
Posted fr om my iPhone/Mobile device
Show me examples of my "every post"? I'd hate for people to read that accusation and think it was sleazy of you w/o any back up.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:53 PM   #16
buckman

Quote:
Show me examples of my "every post"? I'd hate for people to read that accusation and think it was sleazy of you w/o any back up.
Sorry Paul ... I'll stick to topic. I'm sorry for the personal attack . Just please apply your good ethics and morals In a non partisan way 😊

The only one that is in trouble after Comey's testimony is Comey . He is sleazy
Old 06-09-2017, 03:46 PM   #17
boot man

I'll go with Comey's story. He admitted his errors, his "weakness" in not calling 45 out.

Trump's latest lie: "I'm not a liar"

The tapes of the conversation are this years Kenya birth claim. Neither exists.

Integrity trumps "loyalty".
Old 06-09-2017, 03:54 PM   #18
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by boot man View Post
I'll go with Comey's story. He admitted his errors, his "weakness" in not calling 45 out.

Trump's latest lie: "I'm not a liar"

The tapes of the conversation are this years Kenya birth claim. Neither exists.

Integrity trumps "loyalty".
What integrity ??? Name a Comey accomplishment . The man is like a millennial female . ( I stole that but it fits perfectly ) Go listen to his testimony please as it clearly shows his hatred for Trump and Comey's complete lack of balls .
If he's the best the FBI has then no wonder it took 20 years to find Whitey .
Old 06-09-2017, 05:11 PM   #19
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I never trusted him as far as I could throw him and nothing has changed to alter my opinion of Trump. I was never a Hillary fan, but I've always felt I'd need to count my fingers after shaking hands with this man. What a corporate bully thinks he can get away with in the private sector just isn't going to play well in the White House. I'm so tired of the drama, it's not good governing at this point, too many distractions; mostly brought on by his own actions.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:15 PM   #20
boot man

Watched it live. Saw reps on both sides praise his honesty. He admitted his errors, his regrets. The guy served under both parties, 3 separate presidents, only spoke to the last guy twice, once to say goodbye.

The guy you're defending started the birther movement, accused an opponent's dad of killing JFK, and has been caught in many many lies and hypocrisies

Save the Hillary/Obama comparison excuses. As an independent I can see their faults clear as a bell also.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:43 PM   #21
buckman

Quote:
Watched it live. Saw reps on both sides praise his honesty. He admitted his errors, his regrets. The guy served under both parties, 3 separate presidents, only spoke to the last guy twice, once to say goodbye.

The guy you're defending started the birther movement, accused an opponent's dad of killing JFK, and has been caught in many many lies and hypocrisies

Save the Hillary/Obama comparison excuses. As an independent I can see their faults clear as a bell also.
Hillary's campaign started the birther movement .
The guy your defending didn't investigate leaks because he was the leak and quite possible tried to take down the President for retribution .
Old 06-09-2017, 06:46 PM   #22
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I never trusted him as far as I could throw him and nothing has changed to alter my opinion of Trump. I was never a Hillary fan, but I've always felt I'd need to count my fingers after shaking hands with this man. What a corporate bully thinks he can get away with in the private sector just isn't going to play well in the White House. I'm so tired of the drama, it's not good governing at this point, too many distractions; mostly brought on by his own actions.
Saying once " I hope you can let this go " isn't bullying and Comey said in subsequent meetlmgs Trump never mentioned it again . Perhaps Comey needs his safe space . Good God , he's was the head of the FBI .
Old 06-09-2017, 07:13 PM   #23
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Bull#^&#^&#^&#^& and redirect is how Trump rolls.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:43 PM   #24
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Bull#^&#^&#^&#^& and redirect is how Trump rolls.
Redirect ???? Culusion was a lie .
Now they are demanding the "tapes" lmao
People can't be this stupid . He said "Comey better hope (there's that scary word again ) there are no tapes . Idiots .... played for fools . Trump must piss himself laughing
Old 06-10-2017, 08:05 AM   #25
boot man

Quote:
Hillary's campaign started the birther movement .
The guy your defending didn't investigate leaks because he was the leak and quite possible tried to take down the President for retribution .
Ok, in your world, Hillary was the driver of the birther movement. Funny how she never mentioned it in any campaign speeches, no?

And all the leaks just started after Comey was fired. Ok, sounds right.

I'll take "the sin is worse than the exposure of the sin" for $500, Pat.
Old 06-10-2017, 10:40 AM   #26
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Redirect ???? Culusion was a lie .
Now they are demanding the "tapes" lmao
People can't be this stupid . He said "Comey better hope (there's that scary word again ) there are no tapes . Idiots .... played for fools . Trump must piss himself laughing

I think he pisses himself lying, crying, or laughing.

I don't think he has aged well in the last 4 months

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-10-2017, 11:04 AM   #27
buckman

Quote:
Ok, in your world, Hillary was the driver of the birther movement. Funny how she never mentioned it in any campaign speeches, no?

And all the leaks just started after Comey was fired. Ok, sounds right.

I'll take "the sin is worse than the exposure of the sin" for $500, Pat.
Not my world , it's their world and you didn't say who was the driving force you said Trump started it .
There is no proof this was Comey's first leak . I agree
Now did he do it to try to take down the Ptesident ? Yes according to him .
This troubles me
Old 06-10-2017, 11:53 AM   #28
boot man

It's true. He could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and his followers would still love him.

If you want to take pride in that, God bless you.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:47 PM   #29
buckman

Quote:
It's true. He could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and his followers would still love him.

If you want to take pride in that, God bless you.
Logical response
Old 06-10-2017, 03:03 PM   #30
wdmso

It's called capt of the ship Trump owns what his people may have or may not have done to include Flynn. And asking comey to hope he could leave it alone .. no sure how Trump supports can't understand his meaning.. but yet again they love telling us what he ment to say.. even though we all understand the suggestion