Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-12-2019, 01:14 PM   #31
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post

but under no circumstances do I doubt that she lied. There’s a distinct fact missing when people call her out in lieing. She has simply exaggerated the truth.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
this is fabulous..........
Old 02-12-2019, 02:34 PM   #32
Sea Dangles

Spence is over Nebe house
Old 02-12-2019, 03:22 PM   #33
spence

To say she lied means you can prove she knew it wasn’t true, I don’t think there’s any evidence she intentionally made a false claim. I’ve also never seen any data that suggests she ever received any preferential treatment because of her claim. Harvard even has formally rebuked the accusation that it was even a factor in her hiring.

She’s got one hell of a resume that has zero to do with this issue.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:41 PM   #34
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

I don’t think there’s any evidence she intentionally made a false claim.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	694940094001_5999220449001_5999209701001-vs.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	65986  

Last edited by scottw; 02-12-2019 at 03:47 PM..
Old 02-12-2019, 03:58 PM   #35
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Stupid question, did she lie or knowingly deceive, I’d take a stupid lie made years ago, over the hundreds or thousands coming out of Trump. While I hope she doesn’t get the nomination, I don’t know if I could take another four years of Lying Cheeto.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:04 PM   #36
Nebe

This is just low hanging fruit for the challenged.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:06 PM   #37
scottw

Quote:
This is just low hanging fruit for the challenged.
I can spell "lying"
Old 02-12-2019, 04:08 PM   #38
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I can spell "lying"
So can eye. Dam spel chek
Old 02-12-2019, 04:20 PM   #39
scottw

Quote:
So can eye. Dam spel chek
so you spelled it correctly and spell check changed it to a word that does not exist? or you spelled it incorrectly and spell check didn't notify you or try to change it to a word that does exist?
Old 02-12-2019, 04:23 PM   #40
Nebe

Damn auto fill
Old 02-12-2019, 04:33 PM   #41
scottw

Quote:
Damn auto fill
you are starting to sound challenged
Old 02-12-2019, 04:36 PM   #42
Nebe

Yes. My life is a complete failure
Old 02-12-2019, 04:54 PM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
To say she lied means you can prove she knew it wasn’t true, I don’t think there’s any evidence she intentionally made a false claim. I’ve also never seen any data that suggests she ever received any preferential treatment because of her claim. Harvard even has formally rebuked the accusation that it was even a factor in her hiring.

She’s got one hell of a resume that has zero to do with this issue.
"Harvard even has formally rebuked the accusation that it was even a factor in her hiring."

Yet Harvard touted her as a minority law professor. They went out of their way to brand her as a minority, so obviously it mattered to them.

Put down the damn Kool aid and think rationally for just two seconds.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:58 PM   #44
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Stupid question, did she lie or knowingly deceive, I’d take a stupid lie made years ago, over the hundreds or thousands coming out of Trump. While I hope she doesn’t get the nomination, I don’t know if I could take another four years of Lying Cheeto.
No one is saying she's the moral equivalent of Trump. But let's call her what she is. A disgusting, hypocritical liar.

She attacks banks for profiting from student loans, but it was OK for her to make 400k a year at Harvard.

She attacked banks for profiting from subprime mortgages, but she and her husband made money flipping houses.

She can profit this way, but no one else is allowed to. That's OK with Spence.

It wasn't a "stupid" lie, it was done for a very specific reason, and from her perspective, it worked like a charm. She got rich at Harvard. But other rich people, not her naturally, are bad.

She would get creamed by Trump.

Not only is she not a Native American, she is a descendent of an enforcer from the Trail Of Tears. This is like Himmler claiming to be a Holocaust survivor.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:24 PM   #45
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
No one is saying she's the moral equivalent of Trump. But let's call her what she is. A disgusting, hypocritical liar.

She attacks banks for profiting from student loans, but it was OK for her to make 400k a year at Harvard.

She attacked banks for profiting from subprime mortgages, but she and her husband made money flipping houses.

She can profit this way, but no one else is allowed to. That's OK with Spence.

It wasn't a "stupid" lie, it was done for a very specific reason, and from her perspective, it worked like a charm. She got rich at Harvard. But other rich people, not her naturally, are bad.

She would get creamed by Trump.

Not only is she not a Native American, she is a descendent of an enforcer from the Trail Of Tears. This is like Himmler claiming to be a Holocaust survivor.
I’m not so sure about that. She’ll get creamed in the primaries
Old 02-12-2019, 05:28 PM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
I’m not so sure about that. She’ll get creamed in the primaries
We'll see about the primaries.

The senator from MN, Kloubachar, seems like a fairly serious, fairly moderate, person. That's what they need.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:17 AM   #47
scottw

WARREN-DOLEZAL 2020

the first Native American(identifies) African American(identifies) ticket in American history...breaking lots of barriers there!
Old 02-13-2019, 09:18 AM   #48
scottw

Quote:
We'll see about the primaries.

The senator from MN, Kloubachar, seems like a fairly serious, fairly moderate, person. That's what they need.
yeah....she's not sounding like she fits in to the "party of love" too well
Old 02-13-2019, 09:49 AM   #49
Nebe

Quote:
As opposed to the party of hate?
Old 02-13-2019, 10:53 AM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
That's the irony, she's exactly what they need (from what I have seen, which is not much), but the party is WAAAAY to the left of where she is.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:54 AM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
Which party gives more time and donates more money, to charity? Want to guess?
Old 02-13-2019, 10:58 AM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:
Have you seen ANYTHING from the mouth of the democrat Muslim congresswoman from MN? Can't remember her name. Look up her opinions of Jews. She also said explicitly that she wants to de-fund Homeland Security, and she pled for lenience for Americans who joined ISIS.

Alexandra Cortez is hugely, hugely entertaining. This woman is deranged. She makes Alan Greyson look grounded and thoughtful. And she hates Jews.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:26 AM   #53
PaulS

Quote:
That isn't a correct statement. They like straight white folks with some money. Brown or black, gay, bi, poor not so much.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:31 AM   #54
Pete F.
Canceled

Why do you claim they hate Jews?
Perhaps they too are concerned about the actions of the Israeli government?
Some think that Israel has ghettoized the Palestinians, whose land they took.
But any authoritarian government seems to be OK with you.

Israel's violent rule increasingly driving liberal American Jews on to the streets
At odds with established Jewish organizations, many younger groups are rejecting the notion of being progressive except for Palestine.
The massacre by Israeli soldiers of dozens of Palestinians in Gaza this week has prompted a new round of protests by progressive Jewish-American groups who object to the relocation of the US embassy to Jerusalem – and who lump the Donald Trump and Benjamin Netanyahu administrations together as enemies of peace in the region.
Groups such as IfNotNow, Jewish Voice for Peace, J Street, Jews for Racial and Economic Justice and others began to step up protest activity – marches, vigils and community meet-ups – in late March, when Israeli forces killed 17 Palestinians and wounded at least 1,400 in Gaza.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-13-2019, 11:52 AM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Why do you claim they hate Jews?
Perhaps they too are concerned about the actions of the Israeli government?
Some think that Israel has ghettoized the Palestinians, whose land they took.
But any authoritarian government seems to be OK with you.

Israel's violent rule increasingly driving liberal American Jews on to the streets
At odds with established Jewish organizations, many younger groups are rejecting the notion of being progressive except for Palestine.
The massacre by Israeli soldiers of dozens of Palestinians in Gaza this week has prompted a new round of protests by progressive Jewish-American groups who object to the relocation of the US embassy to Jerusalem – and who lump the Donald Trump and Benjamin Netanyahu administrations together as enemies of peace in the region.
Groups such as IfNotNow, Jewish Voice for Peace, J Street, Jews for Racial and Economic Justice and others began to step up protest activity – marches, vigils and community meet-ups – in late March, when Israeli forces killed 17 Palestinians and wounded at least 1,400 in Gaza.
"Why do you claim they hate Jews?"

who is this "they", that you claim, I said hate Jews? I was talking about one Muslim congresswoman, who hates Jews. She obviously hates Jews. Here is a famous tweet of hers, which she stands by...

"Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.” "

She says Israel is evil, and she hopes that Allah of all people, inspires us all to see that. She views her religion, Islam, as a vehicle to arrive at a dislike for the evil Israel. And now she's writing federal laws. Hooray!!!

I claim she hates Jews. I claim that anyone who denies that, is bonkers.

"any authoritarian government seems to be OK with you"

Boy do you have me pegged. You are very bright...

"The massacre by Israeli soldiers of dozens of Palestinians "

Oh, it was a massacre? The Israeli soldiers say the Palestinians were throwing explosives and rocks at them. I wasn't there. Neither were you. But you know who you believe...
Old 02-13-2019, 11:53 AM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
They like straight white folks with some money. Brown or black, gay, bi, poor not so much.
So why do republicans give more time and money to charity, than democrats?
Old 02-13-2019, 12:02 PM   #57
PaulS

Quote:
So why do republicans give more time and money to charity, than democrats?
As with many things you post over and over again and expect people to answer every time, this has been addressed numerous times.

Has to do with giving to their churches mostly.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:10 PM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
As with many things you post over and over again and expect people to answer every time, this has been addressed numerous times.

Has to do with giving to their churches mostly.
And the churches give a lot of that to the community.

Earth to Paul, most charitable giving isn't individuals handing money directly to the final recipients. Most involves giving money to an organization, in the hopes that the organization will use the money to help people.

Tell Mother Theresa that the Catholic Church only cares about white people who have a little bit of money. Go to the Catholic hospitals in CT which will treat anyone for free if they can't pay, and ask if they only admit patients who are white and have a little money. The Catholic hospitals are in big cities - New Haven, Waterbury, Hartford. You seriously think they only help white people with money?

That's about the weakest argument you'll ever make, would be generous to call it flimsy, you are better than that.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:11 PM   #59
PaulS

Quote:
And the churches give a lot of that to the community.

Earth to Paul, most charitable giving isn't individuals handing money directly to the final recipients. Most involves giving money to an organization, in the hopes that the organization will use the money to help people.And pls. tell me how much that is donated to churches is used for charity? What is that %?

Tell Mother Theresa that the Catholic Church only cares about white people who have a little bit of money. I never said that so either show me where I said that or admit you lied.Go to the Catholic hospitals in CT which will treat anyone for free if they can't pay, and ask if they only admit patients who are white and have a little money. The Catholic hospitals are in big cities - New Haven, Waterbury, Hartford. You seriously think they only help white people with money?Can hospitals deny people coverage?

That's about the weakest argument you'll ever make, would be generous to call it flimsy, you are better than that.
So the money I give to my church and they use to pay off the mortgage benefits some poor person in the community by putting food in their stomach - How exactly does that occur when they are taking a large % off the top for salaries and building, etc.

Edit - This isn't about churches giving to charity. It is about the Republican party and their bias towards whitey (of which I am one).

Your arguement just fell apart.

Last edited by PaulS; 02-13-2019 at 02:16 PM..
Old 02-13-2019, 01:16 PM   #60
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Have you seen ANYTHING from the mouth of the democrat Muslim congresswoman from MN? Can't remember her name. Look up her opinions of Jews. She also said explicitly that she wants to de-fund Homeland Security, and she pled for lenience for Americans who joined ISIS.

Alexandra Cortez is hugely, hugely entertaining. This woman is deranged. She makes Alan Greyson look grounded and thoughtful. And she hates Jews.
Quote:
"Why do you claim they hate Jews?"

who is this "they", that you claim, I said hate Jews? I was talking about one Muslim congresswoman, who hates Jews. She obviously hates Jews. Here is a famous tweet of hers, which she stands by...

"Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.” "

She says Israel is evil, and she hopes that Allah of all people, inspires us all to see that. She views her religion, Islam, as a vehicle to arrive at a dislike for the evil Israel. And now she's writing federal laws. Hooray!!!

I claim she hates Jews. I claim that anyone who denies that, is bonkers.

"any authoritarian government seems to be OK with you"

Boy do you have me pegged. You are very bright...

"The massacre by Israeli soldiers of dozens of Palestinians "

Oh, it was a massacre? The Israeli soldiers say the Palestinians were throwing explosives and rocks at them. I wasn't there. Neither were you. But you know who you believe...
Neither of them hate Jews, you as usual are misinformed by right wing media attempting to portray them as evil.

They have concerns about the actions of Israel oppressing the Palestinians.

Read the tweet you cite "evil doings" does not mean Israel is inherently evil, unless you are bonkers.

I assume you know very little about Palestine and Israel other than the rhetoric of the US political machine.
Here is a site that is concerned about the Palestinians, as is much of the world outside the US.
https://jewishvoiceforpeace.org/isra...-conflict-101/

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin