Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 07-01-2016, 06:28 PM   #1
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Traffic

So it turns out that today of all days I finally install a small mudroom built-in in the town of Dover.
This job was custom built, started last year and had it ready in January but the customer was not yet ready, so I had some room to keep it a month or so until he was ready, that turned well into March and at that time he says definitely by April. That did not happen either so May comes around I I had to get sit out of my place so I made an extra trip to ship it just so I can get room to work in my small shop. He said he needed to schedule painters, OK no problem. 3 weeks ago he let me know he was ready, I told him best I can do is this week as I had other obligations. So today was the day that worked for both of us and it was a struggle enough with this heat, it came out great but I forgot the shelf pins for the adjustable shelves, now that makes another extra trip for me
Long exhausting day meticulously installing this job and then I get the joy of returning home to Middleboro in all of the holiday weekend cape crusader traffic Thankful for sirus radio and put on some Dead to chill out for the ride. I am getting old I guess

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:10 PM   #2
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Are you saying you are going to drive to Dover for shelf pins???????

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 05:21 AM   #3
Guppy
User

Slip, you're too nice... Tough trade you are in with regard to scheduling....

Good weekend to kick back...🐟🍺🐟🍺🐟🍺 enjoy
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 06:48 AM   #4
Slipknot
Super Moderator

ya I should tell him to come get them but I get home and look at the check and it's short 50 bucks
believe me I earned every dollar of this job so I will see it thru
I would rather mail them but these people are happy with my work and I want to keep it that way

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 07-02-2016, 02:40 PM   #5
Guppy
User

Happy customers bring more customers but it ain't easy sometimes...

Slip, I hope someday you'll be sitting on your back porch like I am right now chugging on a cold one and instead of thinking about all the work u have to do next week you'll be thinking about all tne fishing you'll be doing next week. :-), happy 4th

Retired slacker
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 04:11 PM   #6
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Gup,
I took the morning off work and went shooting this morning braving more traffic to get there(Monument Beach) and got to shoot with Andy and Ty and had fun.

I will go see if there is a beer downstairs in the fridge and toast one to you sir

Old 07-10-2016, 10:53 AM   #7
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Would have mailed them.....they made you wait!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 05:18 PM   #8
Slipknot
Super Moderator

They did get mailed
and the balance got mailed too
so happy ending

Traffic from the Cape still sucks

we will have to go to Maine next year Larry

Old 07-11-2016, 11:28 AM   #9
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
They did get mailed
and the balance got mailed too
so happy ending

Traffic from the Cape still sucks

we will have to go to Maine next year Larry
Dover NH?... should have let me know... you could have crashed at my place and done a little fishing ....

traffic has been awful everywhere... I'm thinking it's more the people behind the wheel rather than the volume...

glad to hear it's a happy ending...

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:40 AM   #10
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Mass Joe
it's near Walpole and Westwood

I hope all is well with you and Nancy

Old 07-11-2016, 02:18 PM   #11
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Mass Joe
it's near Walpole and Westwood

I hope all is well with you and Nancy
AH... I never knew...At least your busy...that's a good thing...
all is well .. Thanks...

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:50 PM   #12
Gloucester2

Only people from Dover have built-ins in the mud room

Glad everything worked out Slip.
Gloucester2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 05:43 PM   #13
Slipknot
Super Moderator

another country heard from!
How are you? Have not seen you in a long time, yes those are the towns I get that kind of work in, it pays the bills.
I still fish those jigs you gave me and sometimes actually catch some fish

Old 07-12-2016, 11:05 AM   #14
Gloucester2

Doing good Slip. I had spinal surgery in 2015 that put me on the shelf for awhile but I'm back at it . . . just not ready to gorilla jig the canal. I've been harassing the schoolies and bluefish to satisfy the urge
Gloucester2 is offline   Reply With Quote