Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-21-2020, 10:58 AM   #151
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

So...
If the laptop was in possession of the FBI since December...
this is going to get much, much better....well, maybe not for the biden crime family...just be patient

ps....these are much more credible and likely that the kavanaugh allegations
Old 10-21-2020, 11:08 AM   #152
Pete F.
Canceled

Recently DNI Ratcliffe asserted that Hunter Biden’s laptop is not part of a Russian disinformation campaign. But Radcliffe misses the point. It is part of Russia’s efforts to interfere in the election.

Let me explain.

This is what we know as fact:

1) Russia interfered in the 2016 election to help Trump.

2) Russia never stopped trying to undermine our democracy and to support Trump.

3) Russia is trying to interfere in the 2020 election to support Trump. Ratcliffe’s own agency said so.

4) Russia, at war with Ukraine, has been promoting a disinformation campaign to smear Joe and Hunter Biden with bogus allegations related to Ukraine.

5) Giuliani and Trump latched onto this sham allegation and tried to extort Ukraine to announce an investig into the Bidens.

6) Trump was impeached over this abuse of power, and the impeachment definitively determined that Biden acted appropriately at all times.

7) Yet Giuliani continued to promote this disinformation campaign, and coordinated his efforts with a known Russian agent.

8) Trump was informed of Russia’s efforts to use Giuliani to promote disinformation to interfere in the election and he did nothing, welcoming the assistance.

9) Giuliani is the source of the Hunter Biden laptop.

10) Giuliani and Trump allies point to the contents of the laptop to support the bogus allegations against the Bidens promoted by Russia and its agent working with Giuliani.

11) The laptop does not support those allegations, which are still — and will always be — false.

12) The laptop is therefore part and parcel of Russia’s disinformation campaign designed to illegally interfere in the 2020 election in support of Trump.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-21-2020, 11:09 AM   #153
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is going to get much, much better....well, maybe not for the biden crime family...just be patient

ps....these are much more credible and likely that the kavanaugh allegations
Is it?
So did the FBI or Rudy not give it to the Senate investigation? Seems like it would have been key evidence for the FBI to provide the Senate Homeland Security and Finance committee... Maybe, you know deep state... There was a chance to charge Hunter right then and there and maybe even embarrass Joe (or worse) 2-months before the election.

It makes me sad to see what Rudy has become after his great work following 9/11.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-21-2020, 12:09 PM   #154
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Really the Senate all ready found nothing ,GOP investigation in an attempt to harm Joseph Biden’s presidential campaign blew a fuse. There was no evidence of corruption or wrongdoing.

but that wasn't enough so this magically appears. ... its not defending hunter is call BS on typical scummy Republicans who can help themselves slinging mud because they don't have a message ... so the resort the same old same old and the avg American isn't buying jt.. how ever the mindless base loves it
the senate investigated the emails on the laptop? when?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-21-2020, 02:15 PM   #155
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the senate investigated the emails on the laptop? when?
See rockhounds post and Jim if they found nothing aka illegal money transfers or actual meeting with Joe Biden or were they able to hide that .. but you think theses emails equal smoking Gun ? Keep at it

Meanwhile

Comrade Trump’: Jokes rife regarding Donald Trump’s tax payments to China on Chinese social media
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_115019108_comradetrump.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	67398  
Old 10-21-2020, 03:32 PM   #156
Jim in CT

Quote:
See rockhounds post and Jim if they found nothing aka illegal money transfers or actual meeting with Joe Biden or were they able to hide that .. but you think theses emails equal smoking Gun ? Keep at it

Meanwhile

Comrade Trump’: Jokes rife regarding Donald Trump’s tax payments to China on Chinese social media
I saw his post. I didn't know the Senate investigated the laptop.

Wayne, your defense/excuse changes daily.

It's all fake. It's not his laptop. It was the Russians. Trump also is bad. The Senate already looked into the laptop. No smoking gun.

The fact that his son is a coked up weirdo with no experience in Ukraine, who got rich there while his daddy was VP and the point man in our policy in Ukraine, is a coincidence. Of all places Hunter could have gotten a high paying gig, it had to be (1) in the Ukraine, and (2) while his dad was the point man for our policy there.

Of all the countries in the world, its a coincidence that Hunter got rich in the one country where VP Biden was point man?

Heck of a coincidence.

Add "harmless coincidence" to your ever growing list of defenses.
Old 10-21-2020, 05:23 PM   #157
PaulS

Quote:

The fact that his son is a coked up weirdo
I thought kids were off limits isn't that what you used to say constantly with the Palin kids?
Old 10-21-2020, 05:28 PM   #158
wdmso

Quote:
I saw his post. I didn't know the Senate investigated the laptop.

Wayne, your defense/excuse changes daily.

It's all fake. It's not his laptop. It was the Russians. Trump also is bad. The Senate already looked into the laptop. No smoking gun.

The fact that his son is a coked up weirdo with no experience in Ukraine, who got rich there while his daddy was VP and the point man in our policy in Ukraine, is a coincidence. Of all places Hunter could have gotten a high paying gig, it had to be (1) in the Ukraine, and (2) while his dad was the point man for our policy there.

Of all the countries in the world, its a coincidence that Hunter got rich in the one country where VP Biden was point man?

Heck of a coincidence.

Add "harmless coincidence" to your ever growing list of defenses.
If he was a republican you'd praise his initiative for getting paid.

Clearly he was making this money for years. But its a heck of a coincidence you now care 12 days before the election

Ps did hunter comment fraud. If people hired hunter to gain influence is that a crime ? If people asked hunter for meetings or favors is that a crime? Because no matter what he got paid and the intentions of who hired might have been nefarious

If Hunter Biden never provided the access and policy wasn't changed than their is no crime , its that easy

Russian Lawyer Says Trump Jr. Offered Her a Deal: Hillary Dirt for a Change to U.S. Law

See the difference hunter never offered a thing JR did
Old 10-21-2020, 05:52 PM   #159
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Is Hunter running for President what did I miss?
Old 10-21-2020, 07:42 PM   #160
wdmso

Now he wants to Fire the FBI Director and not pleased with Barr
seem he's looking for someone who will arrest and plant evidence and lie as he does. Shocking
Old 10-21-2020, 08:11 PM   #161
wdmso

The fake/foreign emails told people to vote for Trump (I’ve seen them). DNI Ratcliffe (the guy who lied about prosecuting terrorism cases) said the fake emails ARE TRYING TO HURT TRUMP! This is disinformation from Ratcliffe designed to energize Trump’s base!

From a tweet

Shockingly this rushed DNI news conference came 30 min after Obamas speech
Old 10-21-2020, 08:33 PM   #162
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

It is amazing how grown adults can so easily be sold these conspiracy theories. Today for me was a perfect example, getting paired with a couple cool aid drunken give me another conspiracy theory golfers. Of course it’s the last f*cking thing I want to hear on the golf course, like there isn’t enough politics. I had to bite my tongue listening to these two clowns absolutely convinced Covid is a political hoax and it will be gone after the November election. I can’t wait for these two weeks and this entire year to be behind us.
Old 10-22-2020, 04:05 AM   #163
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
It is amazing how grown adults can so easily be sold these conspiracy theories. Today for me was a perfect example, getting paired with a couple cool aid drunken give me another conspiracy theory golfers. Of course it’s the last f*cking thing I want to hear on the golf course, like there isn’t enough politics. I had to bite my tongue listening to these two clowns absolutely convinced Covid is a political hoax and it will be gone after the November election. I can’t wait for these two weeks and this entire year to be behind us.
I'm sure you had a lot to educate them about...
Old 10-22-2020, 07:06 AM   #164
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
I'm sure you had a lot to educate them about...
Absolutely not when your that stupid it’s a lost cause. They would be the same type of idiots sitting shoulder to shoulder at a Trump super spreader rally. I say let evolution take care of that.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:52 AM   #165
Jim in CT

Quote:
It is amazing how grown adults can so easily be sold these conspiracy theories. .
Like the idea that the Russians are behind Hunter's laptop?
Old 10-22-2020, 07:58 AM   #166
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I thought kids were off limits isn't that what you used to say constantly with the Palin kids?
Innocent kids who didn't ask to be a part of what their parents do, should be left out. If adult kids choose to get involved, they are fair game for fair reporting. That means Hunter, and it means Trumps older kids. Not sure how it can be explained simpler than that.

Plus, he said that Hunter wouldn't be stupid enough to drop off his laptop in Delaware. So his past is relevant as to whether or not it he can be called rational, and clearly he can't.

Hunter is a deeply broken person who nonetheless obviously made millions off his dads influence. I'm not saying it's a crime, I'm certainly not saying Joe Biden is the first or last one to do it. I'm saying it happened, and we shouldn't reflexively bury the story because Joe is a democrat. If you make a huge deal about Trump profiting, as many of you have, it's a wee bit hypocritical to ignore this.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:01 AM   #167
Jim in CT

Quote:
If he was a republican you'd praise his initiative for getting paid.
You are desperate. And full of crap. I don't praise trump for potentially profiting inappropriately. I said all along, 100 times, he should have divested completely from his prior businesses.

Good luck finding hypocrisy there.

The TDS gang hare has made a big deal about every single time there was a chance Trump profited from his office. You've expressed a lot of concern about that. But you stick your head in the sand when the allegations are made about Biden.

You are the hypocrite. Not me.

Try. Making. That . Wrong.

You keep trying to make me out to be someone who can never criticize Trump. That makes you either a liar or an illiterate.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:04 AM   #168
Jim in CT

Quote:
Is Hunter running for President what did I miss?
The one who used his influence to enrich his son, is.

The Trump haters here have spent a lot of time expressing concern over the years, that the Trump family is personally cashing in on Trumps office. As a group, it's been a pretty big concern.

Yet when the same allegation is made against the Bidens, you stick your heads in the sand and circle the wagons.

If it's wrong when Trump does it, why isn't it wrong when Biden did it?
Old 10-22-2020, 08:04 AM   #169
wdmso

Quote:
Like the idea that the Russians are behind Hunter's laptop?
I think he was referring to adults like you who think the laptop and its magical appearance is legit

Questions The DNI could figure out those emails sent to voter were from Iran in a week. Yet this laptop been in FBI possession for how long?? and all thats out there is conjecture and all the (SOURCES) have only sopke and sent info to FOX
Old 10-22-2020, 08:06 AM   #170
PaulS

Quote:
Innocent kids who didn't ask to be a part of what their parents do, should be left out. If adult kids choose to get involved, they are fair game for fair reporting. That means Hunter, and it means Trumps older kids. Not sure how it can be explained simpler than that.

Plus, he said that Hunter wouldn't be stupid enough to drop off his laptop in Delaware. So his past is relevant as to whether or not it he can be called rational, and clearly he can't.

Hunter is a deeply broken person who nonetheless obviously made millions off his dads influence. I'm not saying it's a crime, I'm certainly not saying Joe Biden is the first or last one to do it. I'm saying it happened, and we shouldn't reflexively bury the story because Joe is a democrat. If you make a huge deal about Trump profiting, as many of you have, it's a wee bit hypocritical to ignore this.
You're a hypocrite. I couldn't even recognize Hunter and don't think I've ever seen a quote from him.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:12 AM   #171
Jim in CT

Quote:
I think he was referring to adults like you who think the laptop and its magical appearance is legit

Questions The DNI could figure out those emails sent to voter were from Iran in a week. Yet this laptop been in FBI possession for how long?? and all thats out there is conjecture and all the (SOURCES) have only sopke and sent info to FOX
Again, I posted a video of a Biden spokeswoman, saying explicitly that the Biden campaign isn't denying the authenticity of the emails. You are saying things that even the Biden campaign isn't saying.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:13 AM   #172
PaulS

And for everyone who quotes the FBI statement on the computer it would be nice to see the whole statement.

By not disputing accusations leveled by Democrats and some former intelligence officials that the laptop's late-season reveal could be another form of foreign election interference, the FBI gave tacit support to the idea that the emails in question are genuine. But the bureau's letter to Johnson was not that explicit, noting the criticism leveled by Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz over Comey's actions in 2016.

The FBI "can neither confirm nor deny the existence of any ongoing investigation or persons or entities under investigation, including to Members of Congress," Tuesday's letter from Assistant Director Jill Tyson said. "As the Inspector General firmly reminded the Department and the FBI in recent years, this policy is designed to preserve the integrity of all Justice Department investigations and the Department's ability to effectively administer justice without political or other undue outside influences
Old 10-22-2020, 08:16 AM   #173
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You're a hypocrite. I couldn't even recognize Hunter and don't think I've ever seen a quote from him.
Jim: If adult children choose to get involved, it's fair to accurately cover them. That holds true for Hunter Biden and for Trumps kids.

Paul: You're a hypocrite.

That makes all kinds of sense Paul.

"I couldn't even recognize Hunter"

He's too busy flying on Air Force II with Dad to shake down foreign oligarchs.

"don't think I've ever seen a quote from him"

He's not all that bright or articulate.

You're saying that because Hunter isn't on TV, that means hes a private citizen disconnected from his dads scrutiny?

How do you explain the fact that of all the countries on the globe, Hunter gets a hugely lucrative board spot for which he had no practical experience, in the one country where Joe was our nation's point man? You can tell us that's a coincidence?

"Of all the gin joints in all the world, she has to walk into mine..."
Old 10-22-2020, 08:23 AM   #174
scottw

this is REALLY bad for biden inc.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:26 AM   #175
scottw

sorry...I meant..."the big guy"
Old 10-22-2020, 08:45 AM   #176
wdmso

Quote:
You are desperate. And full of crap. I don't praise trump for potentially profiting inappropriately. I said all along, 100 times, he should have divested completely from his prior businesses.

Good luck finding hypocrisy there.

The TDS gang hare has made a big deal about every single time there was a chance Trump profited from his office. You've expressed a lot of concern about that. But you stick your head in the sand when the allegations are made about Biden.

You are the hypocrite. Not me.

Try. Making. That . Wrong.

You keep trying to make me out to be someone who can never criticize Trump. That makes you either a liar or an illiterate.
Your criticism carry no weight and have no credibility. When it comes to Trump , any criticism you present is layered with excuse

Here an example
big deal about every single time there was a chance Trump profited from his office

Jim its not a chance its happening Trump has made 500 visits to his properties while in office

Again what law did hunter Break if no meeting happened ( Shouldn't be hard VP has a historic record of where and who he meets with ) and what was bought seeing the VP doesn't do policy and has no power to do so .. oh wait this has already be looked into and the bipartisan committee found no evidence of wrong doing

So in. A normal world not your conspiracies laden world , an email would come 1st maybe several with times and places and expectations of the one providing the meeting and the expectations of the one requesting the meeting..

Then there would be an email or phone arrangement, the who what where and when details

Lastly would be the actual meeting and then the change in policy

JIM even if the emails are legit , no meetings ever happen no policy was charged

the extent to which Hunter Biden's role on Burisma's board affected U.S. policy toward Ukraine is not clear. " guess they couldn't commit to use we couldn't find any evidence. PS stolen emails ain't evidence id love to see the chain of custody of that laptop and these supposed emails
Old 10-22-2020, 08:56 AM   #177
wdmso

Hunter Biden paid nonresident women who were nationals of Russia or other Eastern European countries and who appear to be linked to an “Eastern European prostitution or human trafficking ring.”

So the Senate report can find hookers. But not meetings or no influence sold for favors

But but these emails are a game changer ya ��
Old 10-22-2020, 09:04 AM   #178
Jim in CT

Quote:
sorry...I meant..."the big guy"
c'mon, man!
Old 10-22-2020, 09:06 AM   #179
Jim in CT

Quote:
Your criticism carry no weight and have no credibility. When it comes to Trump , any criticism you present is layered with excuse

Here an example
big deal about every single time there was a chance Trump profited from his office

Jim its not a chance its happening Trump has made 500 visits to his properties while in office

Again what law did hunter Break if no meeting happened ( Shouldn't be hard VP has a historic record of where and who he meets with ) and what was bought seeing the VP doesn't do policy and has no power to do so .. oh wait this has already be looked into and the bipartisan committee found no evidence of wrong doing

So in. A normal world not your conspiracies laden world , an email would come 1st maybe several with times and places and expectations of the one providing the meeting and the expectations of the one requesting the meeting..

Then there would be an email or phone arrangement, the who what where and when details

Lastly would be the actual meeting and then the change in policy

JIM even if the emails are legit , no meetings ever happen no policy was charged

the extent to which Hunter Biden's role on Burisma's board affected U.S. policy toward Ukraine is not clear. " guess they couldn't commit to use we couldn't find any evidence. PS stolen emails ain't evidence id love to see the chain of custody of that laptop and these supposed emails
"Trump has made 500 visits to his properties while in office"

I don't defend it. If it's illegal, throw him out and arrest him. But I fit's wrong for his family to profit from his holding elected office, isn't it also wrong for Biden's family to profit from him holding elected office?
Old 10-22-2020, 09:08 AM   #180
Jim in CT

Quote:

But but these emails are a game changer ya ��
I never said that. I assume most of them at that level, have no morals and will look to get rich if they can. And I keep saying Trump gets creamed in November.

But the emails are yet another example of the endless hypocrisy that exists on both sides, but the majority of the media doesn't cover things up to help republicans.