Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-24-2018, 01:44 PM   #61
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Most of what A H and C T said dealt with he said she said. In this instance(s) there are other witnessess. One said he was there and it didn't occur but doesn't want to testify - well put him under oath. With the new person - some say they remember hearing about it that night or the following morning. Put them under oath and see if they are credible.

The Repubs are saying a vote needs to occur - why the self imposed deadline? There is no reason for a deadline for such an important position.
"In this instance(s) there are other witnesses"

All of whom deny the accusations as far as I know.

"The Repubs are saying a vote needs to occur - why the self imposed deadline? There is no reason for a deadline for such an important position"

I agree, do an investigation, I just think it's a sham because if the FBI concludes he didn't do anything, it's not as if the liberals and the media are all going to admit he got screwed. None of them will admit that (you might, I mean the politicians and people on TV).

The reason for a deadline is that if he fails, they need to get someone else in before the midterms. If Trump makes another nomination, you can bet it will be that Catholic woman, can't recall her name. Feinstein hates her, Trump will pick her for that reason alone.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:53 PM   #62
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I agree, do an investigation, I just think it's a sham because if the FBI concludes he didn't do anything, it's not as if the liberals and the media are all going to admit he got screwed. None of them will admit that (you might, I mean the politicians and people on TV).

You don't know that but if an investigation occurs, then you can rightfully say "what more did you want to happen?"

The reason for a deadline is that if he fails, they need to get someone else in before the midterms. If Trump makes another nomination, you can bet it will be that Catholic woman, can't recall her name. Feinstein hates her, Trump will pick her for that reason alone.
Coney Barrett (I think)???

They don't "need" to get someone bf the midterms, they "want" to get someone before the midterms.

I thought it was they wanted someone before the start of the next supreme court session which I thought starts Oct 1??
Old 09-24-2018, 02:13 PM   #63
Jim in CT

Quote:
Coney Barrett (I think)???

They don't "need" to get someone bf the midterms, they "want" to get someone before the midterms.

I thought it was they wanted someone before the start of the next supreme court session which I thought starts Oct 1??
"You don't know that "

I know what happened to Clarence Thomas after the FBI found nothing...and we are a LOT more polarized now.

"Coney Barrett (I think)???"

I think that's right.

'They don't "need" to get someone bf the midterms, they "want" to get someone before the midterms."

True, I desperately want someone conservative in there, before the midterms, although I feel there's little chance the dems take the senate. If the whole senate was up for re-election that would be different, but the GOP got amazingly lucky with which seats are up.

"I thought it was they wanted someone before the start of the next supreme court session which I thought starts Oct 1?? "

That could be too, that's an astute guess.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:38 AM   #64
scottw

Quote:
"

The reason for a deadline is ....

the reason for a deadline is lunatic democrats have no interest in fairness or process...they have organized from the beginning to prevent and ensure that Kavanaugh is never confirmed by any means necessary and will continue to do so if they are not stopped......censure feinstein, censure hiromo.... hold the vote....
Old 09-25-2018, 04:09 AM   #65
wdmso

Quote:
And i like my bigger paycheck and insane IRA balance.

And I like how he's sticking by Kavanaugh, I do admire that. Trump could care less.

thanks you just made my point

its like being friends with a wife beater .. because he's a good fisherman...

you cant have it both ways .. but you still try .. one day you dont like him now you Admire him
Old 09-25-2018, 05:46 AM   #66
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
thanks you just made my point

its like being friends with a wife beater .. because he's a good fisherman...

you cant have it both ways .. but you still try .. one day you dont like him now you Admire him
So I am a constant, bling Trump apologist? That's what you're saying? I never criticize him? Sorry, I thought you knew how to read.

"you cant have it both ways"

Not trying to have it both ways. Trump is a horrible person. That doesn't mean there aren't a small number of things I can admire. I admire his loyalty to Kavanaugh.

Bill Clinton was also a lying snake. But he did great things with the economy.

You are the one who is off, because you think it's all or nothing. Because Trump is (on balance) not a good guy, you think that means that there can't be any good qualities about him. Life isn't that simple.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:35 AM   #67
Pete F.
Canceled

I think if they don't replace Kavanaugh, but ram him thru and Congress flips in the midterms, they will move to impeach Kavanaugh.........and Thomas
Then refuse to hold a hearing for any replacements

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-25-2018, 07:52 AM   #68
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

I think if they don't replace Kavanaugh, but ram him thru and Congress flips in the midterms, they will move to impeach Kavanaugh.........and Thomas
based on what?
Old 09-25-2018, 08:00 AM   #69
Fishpart
Keep The Change

Interestingly enough there is only one person in this case who has not testified under oath....THE ACCUSER

I hope this type of legal abuse never happens to you or your sons...

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Old 09-25-2018, 08:12 AM   #70
scottw

Quote:

Trump is a horrible person.
we were told repeatedly that clinton could be a sexual predator(horrible person) in his personal life and still be a great president

the same people chanting "i support her" now were chanting " let he who is without sin cast the first stone" during the clinton years

I think it's great that the democraps and media accomplices decided to show America just how despicable they can be right before an important election

they probably think they are winning
Old 09-25-2018, 08:21 AM   #71
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpart View Post
Interestingly enough there is only one person in this case who has not testified under oath....THE ACCUSER

I hope this type of legal abuse never happens to you or your sons...
I know you usually make a post and then never come back to defend it when people question it but isn't the answer to have the FBI investigate as all parties will be under oath - right?

Is the abuse that someone makes a claim and people can have the FBI investigate it and yet they refuse to do it?
Old 09-25-2018, 08:23 AM   #72
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Then refuse to hold a hearing for any replacements
So to the liberals here, a mere allegation is enough? Do any of you remember Al Sharpton and the Tawanna Brawley case? Or the Duke lacrosse players?

Sorry, in these politically charged times, a mere allegation is nowhere near enough. If no additional evidence is presented, if all we know is what we now know, he's going to get confirmed.

There's a great chance the dems take the house, so they can make a big show of impeachment. Impeachment requires a two-thirds vote in the Senate, and that will never happen. Never.

Yes, I think the dems should vote to impeach Kavanaugh and Thomas, and explain to the voters why none of them even mentions the name "Keith Ellison".

Here's a fascinating, crazy idea. How about we talk about whether or not any of Kavanaugh's judicial rulings were wrong on the law, or constitutionally un-sound? Does that factor into this, at all?

Worst case scenario, if the withdraw Kavanaugh (hopefully not before more evidence comes to light), they'll nominate Barrett. There is no way that seat is vacant going into the midterms. If Jeb Bush was POTUS, maybe the democrats could bully him into waiting. Not this guy. They still, after two years, have absolutely no idea who they're dealing with. They think they can slap him around the way they did to Bush, McCain, Romney, etc. Trump isn't them.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:26 AM   #73
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
we were told repeatedly that clinton could be a sexual predator(horrible person) in his personal life and still be a great president

the same people chanting "i support her" now were chanting " let he who is without sin cast the first stone" during the clinton years

I think it's great that the democraps and media accomplices decided to show America just how despicable they can be right before an important election

they probably think they are winning
Scott, with this issue, the entire left has shown itself to be the fringe they are. Did you see what happened to Ted Cruz and his wife at a DC restaurant? They were driven out by protestors. He was with his wife. But they are going to lecture me about chivalry?

Sadly, I am not sure they aren't winning. A fox poll shows more voters disbelieve Kavanaugh than believe him. We'll know in a few weeks.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:27 AM   #74
Jim in CT

Quote:
I know you usually make a post and then never come back to defend it when people question it but isn't the answer to have the FBI investigate as all parties will be under oath - right?

Is the abuse that someone makes a claim and people can have the FBI investigate it and yet they refuse to do it?
Who is the "they" that refuse an FBI investigation? Who is it, that you think can tell the FBI what to do? That's on Trump. Kavanaugh doesn't have the authority to launch an FBI investigation.

If only Feinstein had bothered to mention this to the FBI when they were already investigating him.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:35 AM   #75
scottw

Quote:
Scott, with this issue, the entire left has shown itself to be the fringe they are. Did you see what happened to Ted Cruz and his wife at a DC restaurant? They were driven out by protestors. He was with his wife. But they are going to lecture me about chivalry?

Sadly, I am not sure they aren't winning. A fox poll shows more voters disbelieve Kavanaugh than believe him. We'll know in a few weeks.
apparently a lot of democrat protesters can't find jobs in the trump recovery

yeah but fox viewers are stupid
Old 09-25-2018, 09:03 AM   #76
PaulS

Quote:
Who is the "they" that refuse an FBI investigation? Who is it, that you think can tell the FBI what to do? That's on Trump. Kavanaugh doesn't have the authority to launch an FBI investigation.

If only Feinstein had bothered to mention this to the FBI when they were already investigating him.
The Pres. can ask the FBI to investigate - but you knew that didn't you?

And you knew that Ford asked Feinstein not to release her name.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:11 AM   #77
Jim in CT

Quote:
The Pres. can ask the FBI to investigate - but you knew that didn't you?

And you knew that Ford asked Feinstein not to release her name.
I did know that, which is why I included it in my post. You said "they", I was sincerely curious who you meant by "they".

"And you knew that Ford asked Feinstein not to release her name"

yes, and I know that didn't stop the democrats from leaking her name to the press when it suited them. And I know that Feinstein could have asked them to look into the claim, without revealing the name, she could have said look into an allegation of assault from high school.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:12 AM   #78
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
apparently a lot of democrat protesters can't find jobs in the trump recovery

yeah but fox viewers are stupid
Fox also said that Hilary was going to win big, so I'm skeptical about all pollsters where Trump is concerned. We'll soon see. I really hope you're right, and that the democrats went too far, and awakened a sleeping giant.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:22 AM   #79
Fishpart
Keep The Change

Quote:

Was only sharing facts, why do facts need defense? Fiend stein should have requested an FBI investigation when her office received the letter in July.

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Old 09-25-2018, 12:10 PM   #80
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpart View Post
Was only sharing facts, why do facts need defense? Fiend stein Are you trying to make fun of a Jewish name?should have requested an FBI investigation when her office received the letter in July.
The way you presented "facts" was a way to make it seems the she is lying. That is pathetic. You don't know more than anyone else. The only one who can request a FBI investigation is Trump and he has shown no inclination to do so - why do you think that is?

And what is this "legal abuse" you're complaining about?

Stick around for a while.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:24 PM   #81
scottw

Quote:

The only one who can request a FBI investigation is Trump and he has shown no inclination to do so - why do you think that is?
because he's CRAZY!!!
Old 09-25-2018, 12:25 PM   #82
scottw

Quote:

Fiend stein... Are you trying to make fun of a Jewish name?
go ahead....you know you want to...
Old 09-25-2018, 12:38 PM   #83
Fishpart
Keep The Change

No.....

Old 09-25-2018, 05:03 PM   #84
Sea Dangles

Why would somebody make fun of a name? That is hurtful
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device