Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-09-2018, 09:08 AM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Gamble vs United States

If you are wondering why it was so important to some to have a full court right now.
Interesting argument with very current political overtones.
Supported by both the ACLU and Lindsey Graham(AKA Don the Cons new Roy Cohn and soon to be AG)

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-09-2018, 01:09 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Lindsay Graham stands up to liberals once in his career, one time, and all of a sudden he's the new Roy Cohn? You people need to re-calibrate. Graham was from the John McCain and Susan Collins wing of the Republican party, Republican senators whose mission was to be the favorite Republican of the New York Times. I can't believe it took him this long to see that he's always the one reaching across the aisle, never the democrats.

Graham said a couple of nights ago, that he has never is his career, campaigned for a Republican senate challenger who was going against an incumbent Democrat senator. Not once in his career has he tried to help a Republican in any state, un-seat a sitting democrat senator. He said that will change this year.

The democrats made their most staunch ally in the GOP, turn against them. Maybe the bump this gets them in the midterm was worth it. Maybe this was a huge blunder for them. We'll soon see.

Lindsay Graham is Roy Cohn!!
Old 10-09-2018, 02:09 PM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

So Lindsay Graham had not yet, but will now campaign against a person who he identifies as a member of a group that he opposes. Not because he has a problem with the person but because he has a problem with the group. So he has joined the world of identity politics because he too is a victim. Sounds a lot like someone else
The Republicans are becoming the party of victims.
Everybody is taking advantage of them
Mexicans
Liberals
Never Trumpers
Immigrants
Chinese
Women
Refugees
Fiscal Conservatives
Intellectuals
Illegal aliens
Poor people
Sick people
even Colin Powell
They are all trying to take from you
but fear not:
Here he comes to save the day, Don the Con

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-09-2018, 02:14 PM   #4
spence

Graham is just interviewing for a cabinet position. He’s a playa pure and simple.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-09-2018, 02:56 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
So Lindsay Graham had not yet, but will now campaign against a person who he identifies as a member of a group that he opposes. Not because he has a problem with the person but because he has a problem with the group. So he has joined the world of identity politics because he too is a victim. Sounds a lot like someone else
Mexicans
Liberals
Never Trumpers
Immigrants
Chinese
Women
Refugees
Fiscal Conservatives
Intellectuals
Illegal aliens
Poor people
Sick people
even Colin Powell
but fear not:
Interesting, Graham hasn’t said who he will campaign against yet, but you are already making it personal and not policy-based. Well unless he campaigns against Manchin, it’s based in the disgusting liberal behavior of the last several supreme court nominations. Graham keeps voting for justices nominated by democrat presidents, and he finally had enough with democrats refusing to repay the favor. Why shouldn’t he be ticked? time and time again he had done what the democrats asked, he got tired of not getting anything in return.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:03 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Graham is just interviewing for a cabinet position. He’s a playa pure and simple.
You're talking about the senator from SC? What he has been, is someone who for his whole career, has been more concerned with being popular with democrats, than he has been with advancing republican principles.

Also worth noting that since the Kavanaugh matter, the left is making fun of him for the rumors that he's gay. When did 'gay' become an insult to liberals?
Old 10-09-2018, 03:14 PM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Kavanaugh was confirmed with the lowest number of votes ever.
The republicans are now victims because they got abused in the Supreme court process.
There has been plenty of disgusting behavior regarding the Courts in the last few presidential terms and it's not confined to the supreme court.
McConnell held up every federal court appointment he could for years, the payback will come.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-09-2018, 03:17 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Also worth noting that since the Kavanaugh matter, the left is making fun of him for the rumors that he's gay. When did 'gay' become an insult to liberals?
You must be watching Faux or another state station, that is the ONLY place i saw that, they are always looking for the crazy uncle to equal Don the Con

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-09-2018, 03:38 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Kavanaugh was confirmed with the lowest number of votes ever.
The republicans are now victims because they got abused in the Supreme court process.
There has been plenty of disgusting behavior regarding the Courts in the last few presidential terms and it's not confined to the supreme court.
McConnell held up every federal court appointment he could for years, the payback will come.
kavanaugh got a low number of bites because dems refuse to cooperate because they hate trump above all else. gorsuch only got a few more votes, and he was superb. the gop aren’t victims, were kicking azz all over the map since 2008. too successful
to be victims.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:39 PM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
Mexicans
Liberals
Never Trumpers
Immigrants
Chinese
Women
Refugees
Fiscal Conservatives
Intellectuals
Illegal aliens
Poor people
Sick people
even Colin Powell
but fear not:

^^^^ hit the nail on the head ^^^^^
Old 10-09-2018, 04:06 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
You must be watching Faux or another state station, that is the ONLY place i saw that, they are always looking for the crazy uncle to equal Don the Con
Is Saturday Nught Live and Bill Maher on Faux News?

no one equals trump for obnoxious behavior, but he doesn’t have a monopoly. he’s just better at it than the democrats, which is why he won, and continues to win.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:09 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Mexicans
Liberals
Never Trumpers
Immigrants
Chinese
Women
Refugees
Fiscal Conservatives
Intellectuals
Illegal aliens
Poor people
Sick people
even Colin Powell
but fear not:
because the left doesn’t engage in fear tactics?

If we confirm Kavamaugh, the women will die.

if you’re pro life, you hate women.

if you want immigration laws enforced, you hate mexicans.

if you think many terrorists are muslims, you are an islamaphobe.

if you believe in gay marriage you are a homophobe.

and if yiybare anythingbti the right of hilary, you are a racist. .

the left doesn’t engage in these smear tactics? No?
Old 10-09-2018, 05:53 PM   #13
Sea Dangles

I am actually starting to pity Pete F and Wayne. Grasping at straws every step.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:11 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

no one equals trump for obnoxious behavior, but he doesn’t have a monopoly. he’s just better at it than the democrats, which is why he won, and continues to win.
Jim
Though SNL and Bill Maher are about as truthful as Fox, they actually are comedians

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-09-2018, 06:15 PM   #15
spence

Quote:
You're talking about the senator from SC? What he has been, is someone who for his whole career, has been more concerned with being popular with democrats, than he has been with advancing republican principles.

His shift to trump is telling. I’ve never heard of anyone saying he’s gay by the way.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:20 PM   #16
spence

Quote:

What exactly is he winning? Tax cuts that are deepening the national debt? Trade deals that are hurting American farmers? Health care limitations that are leaving more uninsured and raising rates on those that are? Environmental protections that infringe our water supply, climate change and national parks? Etc... etc...

What does winning really look like to you? Please describe your ideal end state.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:00 PM   #17
scottw

Quote:

What exactly is he winning?

pretty much everything
Old 10-09-2018, 07:01 PM   #18
Sea Dangles

Spence, your information is useless. You have been wrong at almost every turn with your political predictions. Instead of the instant gratification you are used to,let Trump do the unpopular dirty work and the future generations can be the ones that say Thank You. Safety and prosperity will outlast his orange face.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:52 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Spence, your information is useless. You have been wrong at almost every turn with your political predictions. Instead of the instant gratification you are used to,let Trump do the unpopular dirty work and the future generations can be the ones that say Thank You. Safety and prosperity will outlast his orange face.
Dream on
When quantitative tightening takes the place of quantitative easing
The market will crash and Don the Con will be looking for someone to blame
He and the Trumplicans will have controlled all branches of government for at least two of the previous years and a majority for four.
He already increased the debt in an expansion, what is he going to do in a contraction
Declare bankruptcy?
He has no idea what he is doing, why do you think Haley bailed?
Because the next years would help her political career?
Or she’s better off to disassociate herself now?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-09-2018, 08:07 PM   #20
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Dream on
When quantitative tightening takes the place of quantitative easing
The market will crash and Don the Con will be looking for someone to blame
He and the Trumplicans will have controlled all branches of government for at least two of the previous years and a majority for four.
He already increased the debt in an expansion, what is he going to do in a contraction
Declare bankruptcy?
He has no idea what he is doing, why do you think Haley bailed?
Because the next years would help her political career?
Or she’s better off to disassociate herself now?
We will see PeteF. But you are another lemming praying for failure. Think about that.

And btw,who was the last president to not increase the debt during expansion?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 10-09-2018, 08:13 PM   #21
Sea Dangles

Speaking of water supply, what the funk happened in Flint is worse and more disgraceful than anything Cheeto has done. Check yourself
Old 10-09-2018, 08:22 PM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
We will see PeteF. But you are another lemming praying for failure. Think about that.

And btw,who was the last president to not increase the debt during expansion?
Bill Clinton, husband of the evil Hillary

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-09-2018, 08:35 PM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
We will see PeteF. But you are another lemming praying for failure. Think about that
I can guarantee you that a contraction is coming
Cohn and Kudlow have been doing everything possible to delay it beyond 2019
Maybe listen to Ray Dalio talk about markets debt and politics instead of idiot politicians

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-09-2018, 08:38 PM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Speaking of water supply, what the funk happened in Flint is worse and more disgraceful than anything Cheeto has done. Check yourself
The federal government is as responsible for Flint as the current federal government is responsible for Puerto Rico

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-09-2018, 08:49 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
What exactly is he winning? Tax cuts that are deepening the national debt? Trade deals that are hurting American farmers? Health care limitations that are leaving more uninsured and raising rates on those that are? Environmental protections that infringe our water supply, climate change and national parks? Etc... etc...

What does winning really look like to you? Please describe your ideal end state.
"What does winning really look like to you?"

I said Trump is winning. If you want me to describe what Trump winning looks like, I'd say winning an election that no one thought he had a chance to win (which rendered you MIA for a long time from here), the nation has been safe from jihadists, the economy is soaring, his numbers are rising, he has filled two SCOTUS vacancies with people he likes. And finally, a barometer for him that he's winning, is the complete and total meltdown that the left is experiencing He is living rent-free in all of your heads, and he loves it. He's winning.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:51 PM   #26
Sea Dangles

I don’t remember blaming the federal government. Perhaps you can point out where I did.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:54 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
His shift to trump is telling. I’ve never heard of anyone saying he’s gay by the way.
Graham did not shift to Trump (my God, everything is about Trump to you people). He defended Kavanaugh from a smear campaign. I don 't like Trump any more today than I did last month, but I defended Kavanaugh. Defending the presumption of innocence, and embracing Trump, aren't the same thing. The fact that you can't differentiate these things shows that Trump Derangement Syndrome is strong in you. EVERYTHING to you, is about Trump.

Here's the difference between the 2 parties. In 2008, the GOP was annihilated. Completely annihilated. In response, the GOP formed the tea party, and we went to work. And for the most part, we did it with civility, and with a lot of help from Obama in the form of liberal over-reaching.

When the Democrats started losing, they formed Occupy Wall Street, Black Lives Matter, and ANTIFA. Compare that to the tea party?

Hilary says it's impossible to be civil with Republicans. Not with Trump, but with all Republicans. Good thing she's not bitter.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:56 PM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I don’t remember blaming the federal government. Perhaps you can point out where I did.
Then what’s your point
Trump is better than some state or city government?
Just ask him he’s fantastic

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-10-2018, 07:53 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Bill Clinton, husband of the evil Hillary
And how did he do it? Do you remember? Did he do it by embracing liberal economics? Or did he do it by signing Newt Gingrich's budget?
Old 10-10-2018, 08:35 AM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
And how did he do it? Do you remember? Did he do it by embracing liberal economics? Or did he do it by signing Newt Gingrich's budget?
Are you claiming that Newt was responsible for later collapse of the economy, housing bubble etc.
Did you forget the "largest" tax increase in history signed by Clinton in his first year?
The dot com bubble, booming stock market along with a surge in capital gains taxes paid

Lets Go Darwin