Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-03-2010, 04:41 AM   #1
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

too depressed to comment

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 11-03-2010, 04:50 AM   #2
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
too depressed to comment
it's tough to eject entrenched pols Jimmy ..particularly senators...but some really bad people lost their seats last night so that's a good thing..of course RI is replacing Patrick K with the most corrupt midget on the planet(not sure if it's an upgrade or not) and now has a governor that is nothing more than a union shill with a big trust fund who will roll over and lay on his back for the crooks at the state house(definitely a giant leap in the wrong direction) so we're screwed....and Mass appears to be a confused colony of people with battered woman syndrome...
just gazing at the election maps for gov, sen and the house is pretty revealing....Mass and RI are pretty sure that the rest of the country is completely out of step with them..

Last edited by scottw; 11-03-2010 at 05:01 AM..
Old 11-03-2010, 06:10 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
too depressed to comment
RIJIMMY, in the big picture, this was a colossal success for the GOP, and a disaster for the Democrats. Huge wins in the House, 6 wins in the Senate is nothing to sneeze at (and we might pick up CO or WA), and we did well with the governerships. Pelosi is out as speaker.

We have ALL of the momentum, my friend. All of it.

I did horribly locally, hope you did better. On the national scene, bear in mind we won BIG.

Lessons to be learned though...the tea party has to consider electability in general elections, not just the primaries. That cost us DE and NV.

Remember, it doesn't much matter if we have 47 senate seats or 51, that doesn't change much. Better to take the house. And governorships are big as well.

Keep the faith.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:31 AM   #4
Bronko

Overall fantastic. Obliterated the house and cruised in most gov. races. Pelosi loses the chair, Grayson and Feingold are gone. Only thing that gets me (and I should know better) is that Mass keeps electing these fools. But, great day for conservatives. Let's hope they GET the message and work their asses off to right this ship.

Last edited by Bronko; 11-03-2010 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: typo

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 11-03-2010, 07:02 AM   #5
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
too depressed to comment
Extra anti-depressants for me this morning.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:05 AM   #6
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Disappointed with Chafee winning. Fortuantely "Hope" is RI's theme so I "Hope" he doesn't crush us with further taxes, fees, etc.

I didn't expect Langevin to get overthrown. Even though he is pretty liberal (and I have voted for him in he past) he is no David Cilliline

I can't believe enough people voted for him. He is a financial DISASTER hack. Though Likwid probably would have voted for him if he had the chance .

Disappointed about Deval & Frank too..

Nationally, Republicans better get their bleep together or the free surface effect of the general voting middle with swing the other way in 12.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 11-03-2010, 08:12 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Fortuantely "Hope" is RI's theme so I "Hope" he doesn't crush us with further taxes, fees, etc.

in a state that ranks at the bottom of every measurable category financially, economically and at the top of every category for government dependence after nearly 100 years of democrat control....all that is really left is HOPE....oh...and...TRUST CHAFFEE