Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 11-10-2006, 09:22 PM   #1
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Music Downloading

Where does everyone go now to do ther illegal downloading of music nowadays or have they all been closed down. I have not done any looking in a year or so and I used to use Kazaar but that is gone . I used to go on the site in the morning and set up 100 or more downloads and let them go all day long. Filled my hard drive with great hard to find recordings. Was so great to have one place to look for millions of tunes. Is that stuff gone forever. P.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:24 PM   #2
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

check out limewire?

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:29 PM   #3
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I used that too Don, although not as good as Kazzar but if it is up and running I will try it again. Hell I wouldn't mind spending a few cents per song to find the hard to find stuff that these sites offered. I never got into the movie downloading crap. Too long per flick. I need some college or high school age kid to let me in on the newest technique.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
Old 11-10-2006, 10:05 PM   #4
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

I'll ask the kids ... I asked them to make me a disk for the car of the site they use to go to .. they said it was to dirty .. screwing up computer .

Belcher Goonfoock (retired)
(dob 4-21-07)
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:15 PM   #5
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

thank you

Old 11-10-2006, 10:19 PM   #6
Skip N

I used to use Kazaa but got way to many viruses using that site. I just use Itunes or Napster, yes you have to pay, but the sound quality of the songs is WAY better off the legal sites.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:30 PM   #7
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Do you find the selection as vast as what Kazaa used to carry. I don't mind paying for what I want.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:38 PM   #8
Katie
Scuttlebutt

Send a message via AIM to Katie Send a message via MSN to Katie Send a message via Skype™ to Katie
is it safe for me to admit i used limewire pro.. sept its a crack?

Wasajigifying -[ was - a - jig-i-fy-ing] - the concept of not knowing what the hell your saying.

My Photography Page!
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:45 PM   #9
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I won't tell a soul. Besides everyone is in bed

Old 11-10-2006, 10:49 PM   #10
Skip N

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
Do you find the selection as vast as what Kazaa used to carry. I don't mind paying for what I want.

I think if you're into the older more obscure tunes, the free places might be your best bet. I think Itunes and napster aremore for current/popular music. But i could be wrong, do some searching on there and see what you find.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:51 PM   #11
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I shall thank you

Old 11-10-2006, 11:05 PM   #12
lurch
You rang?

news groups!
lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:06 PM   #13
Katie
Scuttlebutt

Send a message via AIM to Katie Send a message via MSN to Katie Send a message via Skype™ to Katie
itunes and napster are good.. and most of the time have the stuff your looking for.. the one thing i dont like about itunes though, is that they edit the music right off the back and don't have the unedited versions.. i found this out because i was checking out the new Deftones Cd. but then 5 minutes later, 3 days before the cd had been released i had it from a friend who got it from a torrent.. woopsie..

Wasajigifying -[ was - a - jig-i-fy-ing] - the concept of not knowing what the hell your saying.

My Photography Page!
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:01 AM   #14
crash
Professional dumba$$

I use limewire on occasion, used to use it a lot, but I picked up a virus and Adelphia hit me with a contract violation. Big PITA, I played dumb, which was difficult since I'm a network admin, and a dozen phone calls and three hours of my life later, I was back up. I started going the legal route after that, not worth the trouble when you can order the same song in less time for .88 from walmart.com
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:18 AM   #15
teaser
Wave Jumper

I use a pay site and Morpheus, if you want the download for Morpheus pm me with and e-mail address and I sent it out to you.
It's a free site owned by Kazaar and the downloads are fast, many and very easy site to use.

Insanity is a long and winding road ... I think I finally made it there.
teaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:12 AM   #16
smokefish

Emule, has everything I've ever looked for without the added junk loaded onto your PC.
smokefish is offline   Reply With Quote