Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-25-2016, 09:09 AM   #121
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Yes, what a meltdown...it's tragic really. I'm at a loss for what to do
You are a good guy, and a smart guy, you have gotten the better of me more times than I care to admit On this topic, on this thread, you are imploding.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:38 AM   #122
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Is this your interpretation Jeff? Because unless she is allergic to flowers she was not exactly in harms way.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Back when I was explaining this to Jim for the seventh time I did find reporting that the passengers were briefed on sniper activity in the area and how they would likely need to exit the aircraft.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:45 AM   #123
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You are a good guy, and a smart guy, you have gotten the better of me more times than I care to admit On this topic, on this thread, you are imploding.
I think you mean TDF, he's the one resorting to the sexist and racist remarks.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:17 AM   #124
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Back when I was explaining this to Jim for the seventh time I did find reporting that the passengers were briefed on sniper activity in the area and how they would likely need to exit the aircraft.
However,the reality is that she never did have to duck and run from this "potential" danger. She only had to make up this story for her own benefit. Sleep deprived,coffee deprived...yeah,that's the ticket. The only deprivation she truly suffers from is honesty. The video Nebe posted is uncomfortable to watch,especially when you take into consideration she is a candidate for the presidency.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 02-25-2016, 10:18 AM   #125
Jim in CT

Quote:
I think you mean TDF, he's the one resorting to the sexist and racist remarks.
What did TDF say that was racist, exactly?

Again, your incredible double-standard. He uses the phrase 'trophy wife', and you criticize him for being sexist (as if ANYONE would seriously describe her that way). Yet Hilary says that pro-lifers are attacking women's health,m and you brush that off as "just an expression". Hilary will always blame whitey, preferably if said whitey wworks on Wall Street and wears a Brooks Brothers suit. Never mind that Chelsea's husband is a hedge fund manager, THAT Hilary is OK with, for reasons as yet unexplained.

Obama says that everyone on my side are a bunch of racist, bitter clingers, and you have no problem with that. TDF says that Hilary was a trophy wife at a conference, and you make him out to be Archie Bunker.

You go ahead and defend that double standard, please.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:44 AM   #126
Fly Rod

hillary lies about under sniper fire....brian williams figures he could lie too, "shot down by enemy fire."....he did not get away with that and caused him to B suspended.....

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 02-25-2016, 11:16 AM   #127
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Yet Hilary says that pro-lifers are attacking women's health,m and you brush that off as "just an expression".
They are.

Quote:
Hilary will always blame whitey, preferably if said whitey wworks on Wall Street and wears a Brooks Brothers suit.
Did you see her comment talking about white privilege? She wasn't blaming whitey, she was just stating the obvious that blacks and whites are treated differently and we shouldn't ignore this.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:16 AM   #128
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
However,the reality is that she never did have to duck and run from this "potential" danger. She only had to make up this story for her own benefit. Sleep deprived,coffee deprived...yeah,that's the ticket. The only deprivation she truly suffers from is honesty. The video Nebe posted is uncomfortable to watch,especially when you take into consideration she is a candidate for the presidency.
Correct, at the time, Bill's explanation was that she was tired. No sane person believes that, but let's pretend that's true. Fine. If, when she's tired, she's unable to distinguish between fantasy and reality, that's a problem if you want to be POTUS. What if she imagines that Putin took a shot at her?

We traded Daniel Patrrick Moynihan for her. God Almighty, she shows up in NY with a Yankees cap on, and says "good news! I'm your new senator!"
Old 02-25-2016, 11:21 AM   #129
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Did you actually read what she said?
“Tackling and ending systemic racism requires contributions from all of us. White Americans, we need to do a better job of listening when African Americans talk about the seen and unseen barriers they face every day,” Mrs. Clinton said. “We need to recognize our privilege and practice humility rather than assume our experiences are everyone’s experiences.”

Quote:
Did you see her comment talking about white privilege? She wasn't blaming whitey, she was just stating the obvious that blacks and whites are treated differently and we shouldn't ignore this.
Then who are these White Americans that NEED to do a better job.....and who is this "WE" that needs to recognize OUR privilege?

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 02-25-2016 at 11:27 AM..

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-25-2016, 11:23 AM   #130
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
“Tackling and ending systemic racism requires contributions from all of us. White Americans, we need to do a better job of listening when African Americans talk about the seen and unseen barriers they face every day,” Mrs. Clinton said. “We need to recognize our privilege and practice humility rather than assume our experiences are everyone’s experiences.”
And that's wrong how?
Old 02-25-2016, 11:27 AM   #131
Jim in CT

Quote:
They are.

"They are"

No, they aren't. Because abortion has always been legal, when the "health" of the mother was in jeopardy. Roe V Wade didn't change that. We are, for the most part, talking baout elective abortions, where the woman's health is not in jeopardy. Your statement is demonstrably false.

"she was just stating the obvious that blacks and whites are treated differently"

Not by most people, they aren't.

Did she talk about black men abandoning their children? That's the catalyst for all the problems, and democrats are very reluctant to say it out loud. Because as usual with you people, this has absolutely nothing to do with actually solving problems, and everything to do with getting votes, which liberals do by telling blacks that notihng i stheir fault, it's all because the system is rigged against them. Bullsh*t. Blacks who have 2 loving parents at home, do well. And whites from poor, fractured families will struggle. It's not about race, it's about socioeconomics. But that doesn't get you votes, so no one on yoru side will say that out loud.

It's not about white priviledge. It's about the priviledge that some kids are born lucky enough to have at the start, the priviledge of having loving parents, and some financial stability. It has zero to do with race.

How can you be unaware of how completely wrong you, and she, are on this? White pepole in the suburbs are somehow responsible for what's happening in Chicago? But not the political party that has run that city for 50 years? And not the people who keep having kids and then not raising them?
Old 02-25-2016, 11:32 AM   #132
Jim in CT

Quote:

Then who are these White Americans that NEED to do a better job.....and who is this "WE" that needs to recognize OUR privilege?
Pure liberal horesh*t.

"we need to do a better job of listening when African Americans talk "

Oh, that's rich. Back during the 2008 primaries, blacks spoke out and said they wanted Barack Obama to be President. Did she "listen" to them, as she is demanding that we all do, and step aside and say "OK, if that's what you want, then in recognition of my priviledge, I will practice humility and get out of his way"? Or did she spend tens of millions of dollars to fight him, right up until the convention? What did she do to "listen"? When a black man was between her and what she wanted for herself, did she step aside? Not as I recall!

It's ALWAYS do as I say, not as I do.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:41 AM   #133
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
And that's wrong how?
Did you even read my post?

Old 02-25-2016, 12:04 PM   #134
spence

Quote:
Did you even read my post?
You edited it after I responded.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:10 PM   #135
Jim in CT

Quote:
And that's wrong how?
Spence, answer me this.

Hilary says we nee dto do a better job of listening when blacks speak, and of showing humility, and of admitting our priviledge.

How is that consistent with what she did during the 2008 primary season...back then, the blacks said they wanted Obama to be President. Did she show humility, listen, admit her priviledge, and step aside to get out of Obama's way? Or did she spend tens of millions of dollars fighting him, right up until the convention, using everything at her disposal to take the nomination from him?

Clearly, she feels no obligation to make any personal sacrifices as reparations for her white priviledge? So where does she get the moral authourity to ask everyine else to do that which she clearly had no intention of doing?

Have fun with that!
Old 02-25-2016, 01:00 PM   #136
spence

Quote:
She's giving her perspective on a collective we.

I know a black guy who get's pulled over by cops all the time, yet it never happens to me. Do you deny this doesn't exist?
Old 02-25-2016, 01:22 PM   #137
Jim in CT

Quote:

I know a black guy who get's pulled over by cops all the time, yet it never happens to me. Do you deny this doesn't exist?
(1) In a nation of 300 million, the observed sample of two people, means exactly zilch.

(2) that being said, yes it happens in law enforcement. Does that contribute to black poverty or unemployment? No. It efefcts quality of life, not economic disparities.

(3) and there was that black "knockout game" last year, where youngblacks would sucker-punch innocent white people. Racism, sadly, exists. In a diverse nation of 300 million people, it always will. And it goes in both directions.

As I said (and you conveniently ignored), if a black kid is born into a stable, loving, well-to-do family, he will likely do well. If a white kid is born to a single mom who is a drug addict, that kid will struggle. So race isn't the determining factor. The determining factor, is the dynamic o fthe family that you are born into. Do you deny that? If so, I'd just love to hear why.

It gets tiresome.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:24 PM   #138
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Let me put it this way...

I don't NEED to do a #^&#^&#^&#^&ing thing....PERIOD.

I didn't have anything even close to privilege growing up.

So SHE can take her collective WE and stick it up her ass.

I will stay in my little world where the Beer is cold, the jokes are politically incorrect, and I treat people the same regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation......if people want to embrace my philosophy.....they are more than welcome to join me.

Hillary has no place in my world

Old 02-25-2016, 01:26 PM   #139
detbuch

Quote:

Yes, it doesn't exist. From my perspective the black guy is lying. And as far as it "never" happens to you, your not dead yet. And, I am white (at least that's my perspective), and it has happened to me. Though not all the time. I would still be stuck somewhere getting a ticket if it happened all the time.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:11 PM   #140
Jim in CT

Quote:
I didn't have anything even close to privilege growing up.
I had no financial priviledge. I had a different kind of priviledge, one that no white person is depriving any bkack oerson of. What I had, was two (dirt poor) parents who loved each other, loved their kids to death, worked hard, and broke their backs to keep us all on the path to productivity. No TV during dinner, everyone at the table talking to each other. Strict rules on completing homework. Encouragement for putting forth our best effort. Church every single Sunday wihtout exception.

That was my priviledge, and mankind knows no better blueprint for upward economic mobility. But those values that serve as the foundation for upward economic mobility, are exactly the values that are mocked and rejected by liberals like Hilary. My parents took absolutely nohting from any African American, so as TDF said, Hilary can keep her white guilt to herself. But she won't keep it to herself, because the more she talks about it, the more votes she gets.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:22 PM   #141
Nebe

Jim, it is a slippery slope for you to say you have never had white privlidge on your side, just as much as it is for a person of color to tell you that you have. Unless you have lived as a minority, you will never know what life can be like when you are constantly oppressed by racists. So I would shut your pie hole about saying you had to claw your way to get to where you are today... A black man would have to claw his way a lot harder.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:35 PM   #142
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Jim, it is a slippery slope for you to say you have never had white privlidge on your side, just as much as it is for a person of color to tell you that you have. Unless you have lived as a minority, you will never know what life can be like when you are constantly oppressed by racists. So I would shut your pie hole about saying you had to claw your way to get to where you are today... A black man would have to claw his way a lot harder.
I don't know if I'd go so far as to say constantly oppressed by racists. The bigger issue Clinton was so eloquently speaking to was the more subtle aspects of discrimination that black people often deal with but are disregarded by whites. Really, all Clinton was saying is be mindful, there are multiple perspectives.

This idea seems to make Jim and TDF foam at the mouth and snap at imaginary flies for some reason.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:47 PM   #143
buckman

Quote:
I don't know if I'd go so far as to say constantly oppressed by racists. The bigger issue Clinton was so eloquently speaking to was the more subtle aspects of discrimination that black people often deal with but are disregarded by whites. Really, all Clinton was saying is be mindful, there are multiple perspectives.

This idea seems to make Jim and TDF foam at the mouth and snap at imaginary flies for some reason.
"Clinton was so eloquently speaking to " Tell me, Were you feeling a tingle running down your leg ?
Old 02-25-2016, 02:51 PM   #144
buckman

Quote:
It's all about personal responsibility versus excuses . I have plenty of Dominican and Jamaican friends that are doing just fine . They came from very poor and oppressed areas . They are just good honest hard-working folks who take care of their families . To a man they would agree with Jim on this
Old 02-25-2016, 02:52 PM   #145
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

She's doing it for votes....Period. If she gets elected what exactly can she do to fix white privilege? nothing...that's what. Because its a BS fantasy that doesn't exist.

And stop with the BS of a black man having to claw his way harder than a white man......there is ALWAYS going to be people in this world who have it easier than someone else....regardless of the color of their skin....that's called life.

There are black kids from rich black families going to top tier schools and white kids from poor white families going to community college.....is that Black Privilege we are seeing? No....just an example of somebody having it better than somebody else....that's all.

I'm getting tired, as a White Heterosexual Male, of always being made out like I'm the root cause of everybody's problems.

Do good in school, stay out of trouble, work hard, and continue to strive....and guess what, good things will start to happen.....notice that all of those things have absolutely nothing to do with the color of anybody's skin.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:57 PM   #146
Nebe

Ehh I didn't say Any white person is a default reason for someone else's problems.

Get arrested with 5 ounces of weed and see what happens if you are white or black. Look at the prison population... Mostly black. Look at the water situation in flint Michigan. It's a mostly black town.. I would imagine if that was a mostly white town the water situation would have been fixed.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:01 PM   #147
Jim in CT

Quote:
Maybe I would have been pulle dover a few more times if I was black. So maybe that's white privildege. But ta the same time, if I was black, I woul dhave gotten a free ride (and a monthly stipend) to go to UCONN, instead of taking out loans. It works both ways.

If my family was black instead of white, and everything else was the same, there is no earthly reason to believe my life would be less fulfilling to me, or that it would have been harder.

"you will never know what life can be like when you are constantly oppressed by racists"

Who is being 'constantly oppressed by racists'? This isn't the 1950s. I reject that widespread, institutional racism exists.

"So I would shut your pie hole about saying you had to claw your way to get to where you are today"

And I would tell you to shut your pie hole about telling me to shut my pie hole. If I was black, I would've gone to UCONN for free, that is a fact based on the grades I had in high school - we joked about it at the time. Please tell me how, specifically, my life would have been harder if I was black. I can't wait to hear this...maybe i would have been pulled over more by the police. Maybe not.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:08 PM   #148
Jim in CT

Quote:

Here's what gets me going...I ask you a very simple question (where does Hilary get off lecturing anyone about this, when she did EVERYTHING in her power to deny the blacks the candidate they wanted in 2008...that's a simple question, and very fair given her statements. And you won't answer. Because you can't.

Everyone, except her I guess, owes it to them to make sacrifices.

"I don't know if I'd go so far as to say constantly oppressed by racists."

What a concession. We have a 2-term black President.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:12 PM   #149
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Get arrested with 5 ounces of weed and see what happens if you are white or black. Look at the prison population... Mostly black.
Well, maybe if they followed TDF's 4 step program they wouldn't be there

Quote:
Look at the water situation in flint Michigan. It's a mostly black town.. I would imagine if that was a mostly white town the water situation would have been fixed.
That had absolutely nothing to do with skin color.....that was about money. people need to stop making everything a race issue. 37% of flint's population is white.

Just because Black People get screwed.....doesn't always mean its about skin color.

An Ass-hole is an Ass-hole....regardless of skin color too.....

Old 02-25-2016, 03:14 PM   #150
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
It's all about personal responsibility versus excuses . I have plenty of Dominican and Jamaican friends that are doing just fine . They came from very poor and oppressed areas . They are just good honest hard-working folks who take care of their families . To a man they would agree with Jim on this
"I have plenty of Dominican and Jamaican friends that are doing just fine "

DING DING DING, we have a winner again!!

Every Sunday, I fill up my truck with gas at the local Shell, and stop in to get the paper. The family that owns the station, is from the African nation of Liberia, one of the last places on the planet you'd want to be born. Every singlke time I go in there, the husband and wife are working, all smiles. Their two kids are either studying or working. They even manage to pull their pants uo high enough so I don't have to see their underwear. They cam here with nohting, worked at the store, git some kind o ffederal loan to help them by the store. They work 7 days a week. And their kids both go to college for free.

I have spoken to this man countless times. He always asks me why anyone would claim this is an overtly racist nation, sinc ethis is the only nation on th eplanet where he could come with nothing, own a business, and give his kids a world-class education.

He has said to me, many times, that if you are black, it's better NOT to have been born here, but rather to immigrate. And not because of white people. But because of the culture embraced by too many American blacks.

His story is not unique. Every town in every state, has a similar family. And we have a black President. And still, we have Hilary asking "when will we overcome?"