Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-23-2019, 07:18 AM   #121
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Eisenhower?

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I was talking current......
Old 02-23-2019, 08:20 AM   #122
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
that’s the
most current one i can think of.
Old 02-23-2019, 08:22 AM   #123
Jim in CT

Quote:
Senator Tom Cotton, R-AR. cum laude graduate of harvard and harvard law, decorated combat officer in the army in afghanistan. he’s going places.
Old 02-23-2019, 08:23 AM   #124
Jim in CT

Quote:
Senator Tom Cotton, R-AR. cum laude graduate of harvard and harvard law, decorated combat officer in the army in afghanistan. he’s going places.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:41 AM   #125
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Never heard of this poor guy before this hoax (assuming that's what it was), feel bad for the guy, probably a desperate cry for attention and sympathy.

ONCE AGAIN, the media and the far left (sorry for the redundancy there) saw an opportunity to smear the right, and jumped the gun before anything like due process took place.

HOW MANY TIMES do these morons have to end up with egg on their faces, before they just wait for investigations to take place? Duke lacrosse, hands up don't shoot, the Rolling Stone U-VA rape case, the Covington kids, now this.

This is a great opportunity for us to collectively take a deep breath, and start over. But it won't happen, Trump Derangement Syndrome is way too powerful.

Hope this guy doesn't commit suicide. Pathetic.
Now they have dropped the charges.
Sometimes things are not as they seem and morons rush to judgement.
Perhaps you should have taken a deep breath.
I know it's hard being a victim.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-26-2019, 10:58 AM   #126
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
That’s great, did you hear OJ was innocent too?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-26-2019, 10:58 AM   #127
wdmso

Will Jim now support him if he files a law suite against those who spoke poorly about him? like Nick Sandmann, the Covington Catholic High School student..
Old 03-26-2019, 11:06 AM   #128
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Maybe they should have gotten Meuller to investigate

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-26-2019, 12:03 PM   #129
PaulS

Seems stupid to let him off.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:35 PM   #130
Jim in CT

Quote:
not sure if you can read, but my post which you quoted, specifically says i feel bad for the guy, and specifically says i don’t know what happened.

swing and a miss...
Old 03-26-2019, 12:36 PM   #131
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Will Jim now support him if he files a law suite against those who spoke poorly about him? like Nick Sandmann, the Covington Catholic High School student..
there’s hours of video evidence showing that Sandman did nothing wrong, and that the media was lying to serve the liberal narrative.

this actor paid two friends to attack him, and claimed it was white trump supporters. is any of that in dispute?
Old 03-26-2019, 12:55 PM   #132
Jim in CT

we know that state’s attorney Fixx had previously been contacted by a Smoklett relative who worked on Michelle Obama’s staff. surely that played no role.

Time for the feds to investigate whether or not he mailed that letter to himself that had white powder on it. if it did, try him, convict him, then trump should
pardon him, and then everyone at MSNBC and CNN will jump off a cliff.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:30 PM   #133
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
not sure if you can read, but my post which you quoted, specifically says i feel bad for the guy, and specifically says i don’t know what happened.

swing and a miss...
As you claimed in your post, which I read, perhaps you did not, so for your edification I will quote it here.
"HOW MANY TIMES do these morons have to end up with egg on their faces, before they just wait for investigations to take place? Duke lacrosse, hands up don't shoot, the Rolling Stone U-VA rape case, the Covington kids, now this."

Of course he's been exonerated now, that's defined as not going forward with a prosecution in your book, isn't it?

https://abovethelaw.com/2019/03/juss...-no-collusion/

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-26-2019, 01:31 PM   #134
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
we know that state’s attorney Fixx had previously been contacted by a Smoklett relative who worked on Michelle Obama’s staff. surely that played no role.

Time for the feds to investigate whether or not he mailed that letter to himself that had white powder on it. if it did, try him, convict him, then trump should
pardon him, and then everyone at MSNBC and CNN will jump off a cliff.
I found it interesting that all charges were dropped but yet he voluntarily forfieted his bail. That is a tad strange.

Old 03-26-2019, 01:40 PM   #135
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Doesn't look like its going to be all sunshine and unicorns.

10:45 AM PT -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel is very strongly hinting at corruption in the State's Attorney's Office, calling the decision to drop the charges against Smollett a "whitewash of justice."

The Mayor added, "From top to bottom, this is not on the level." He called for accountability from the prosecutors.

Emanuel was joined by Chicago PD Superintendent Eddie Johnson who said he didn't feel justice was served by letting Smollett off the hook.

What's more, Johnson said if Jussie was, in fact, innocent ... he should've taken his day in court, and not broker a backdoor deal in secrecy. Bigger picture -- Johnson feels the City of Chicago is still owed an apology, as he believes Jussie carried out a hoax.

Old 03-26-2019, 03:08 PM   #136
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I found it interesting that all charges were dropped but yet he voluntarily forfieted his bail. That is a tad strange.
The prosecutors said it's not an exoneration, almost sounds like they fined him $10,000 and called it a day. Then they sealed the file, so we may never know what the heck happened.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:11 PM   #137
Jim in CT

Quote:
As you claimed in your post, which I read, perhaps you did not, so for your edification I will quote it here.
"HOW MANY TIMES do these morons have to end up with egg on their faces, before they just wait for investigations to take place? Duke lacrosse, hands up don't shoot, the Rolling Stone U-VA rape case, the Covington kids, now this."

Of course he's been exonerated now, that's defined as not going forward with a prosecution in your book, isn't it?

"Of course he's been exonerated now"

The hell he has. The prosecutors specifically said, "this is not an exoneration".

Paul, we know he said it was white guys wearing MAGA hats who attacked him, we know in reality it was black friends of his, we know he paid them, we know they bought the rope. We know he refused to turn over his phone, and when he did, it had been cleansed. Is any of that in dispute?

Let's let the FBI look into whether or not he emailed the letter to himself with white powder. I will happily live with whatever they conclude.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:20 PM   #138
Jim in CT

Quote:

the people with egg on their faces, are the monsters in the media who yet again, rushed to judgment and spun the story in a way to bash Trump supporters, and also to fan the flames of racial unrest. it’s disgusting.

the prosecutors specifically said its not an exoneration, and that they believe he lied to the police. there’s absolutely no way of knowing what happened, but if he was exonerated, he’d get his bail back, wouldn’t he?
Old 03-26-2019, 03:23 PM   #139
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Doesn't look like its going to be all sunshine and unicorns.

10:45 AM PT -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel is very strongly hinting at corruption in the State's Attorney's Office, calling the decision to drop the charges against Smollett a "whitewash of justice."

The Mayor added, "From top to bottom, this is not on the level." He called for accountability from the prosecutors.

Emanuel was joined by Chicago PD Superintendent Eddie Johnson who said he didn't feel justice was served by letting Smollett off the hook.

What's more, Johnson said if Jussie was, in fact, innocent ... he should've taken his day in court, and not broker a backdoor deal in secrecy. Bigger picture -- Johnson feels the City of Chicago is still owed an apology, as he believes Jussie carried out a hoax.
Jussie has a family member who worked for Michelle Obama. This family member reaches out to the lead prosecutor, who then recused herself from the case.

now the file is sealed. very strange.

and he’s not out of the woods with the feds because he likely mailed himself a letter with white powder, and given the vindictive nature of Trump, if i was this jerk actor, i’d be expecting a visit from the FBI.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-26-2019 at 03:50 PM..
Old 03-26-2019, 03:27 PM   #140
scottw

Quote:

Of course he's been exonerated now

]
you can't be this dumb
Old 03-26-2019, 04:33 PM   #141
Sea Dangles

Quote:
you can't be this dumb
Constantly providing proof

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-26-2019, 05:07 PM   #142
Jim in CT

Prosecutors are saying he forfeited his bond, and tjeybagreed to drop the charges in response
to community service he has done. That's not an exoneration, but not what you'd expect if he was convicted either.

Very strange.

Bring on the feds.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-26-2019 at 05:14 PM..
Old 03-27-2019, 07:58 AM   #143
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

the prosecutors specifically said its not an exoneration, and that they believe he lied to the police. there’s absolutely no way of knowing what happened, but if he was exonerated, he’d get his bail back, wouldn’t he?
I thought it worked like this:

No Collusion, No Obstruction, Complete and Total EXONERATION. KEEP AMERICA GREAT!

“while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-27-2019, 08:15 AM   #144
Sea Dangles

Quote:

No Collusion, No Obstruction, Complete and Total EXONERATION. KEEP AMERICA GREAT!

“while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.”
Stop confirming your lack of comprehension PeteF. Unless you are just being contrarian. In which case you have accomplished nothing. Go play with more straws.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-27-2019, 08:39 AM   #145
Jim in CT

Quote:

here’s the thing. there’s no evidence trump colluded. there’s all kinds of evidence that Smlet stages this.

what do you think happened here? what do you think is the most likely story? is it more likely that he truly staged this, or that the police framed him for that?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-27-2019 at 08:56 AM..
Old 03-27-2019, 10:24 AM   #146
detbuch

Quote:

If the Special Counsel did not conclude that Trump committed a crime, then there could not be an indictment. The matter was thoroughly investigated. There was no crime found. End of matter. Nothing more need, nor should, be said. There is no need to "exonerate" someone for what has not been concluded to be a crime. And the DOJ concluded that there was not sufficient evidence to prosecute for a crime. The DOJ's conclusion was part of the whole process of the investigation. Therefor, part of the final report.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:42 AM   #147
Sea Dangles

Ha, the state AG recuses herself and the assistant AG drops the charges and proclaims that Smollet is guilty.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:04 AM   #148
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
If the Special Counsel did not conclude that Trump committed a crime, then there could not be an indictment. The matter was thoroughly investigated. There was no crime found.
Barr reported this “the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with Russia in its efforts to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election”
End of matter. Nothing more need, nor should, be said. There is no need to "exonerate" someone for what has not been concluded to be a crime. And the DOJ concluded that there was not sufficient evidence to prosecute for a crime. The DOJ's conclusion was part of the whole process of the investigation. Therefor, part of the final report.
What we currently know about the Mueller report is as conclusive as what we know about Benghazi and the email investigation.
Lock him up

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-27-2019, 11:29 AM   #149
Jim in CT

Quote:
What we currently know about the Mueller report is as conclusive as what we know about Benghazi and the email investigation.
Lock him up
Pete, do you think Smullett staged this?
Old 03-27-2019, 11:33 AM   #150
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete, do you think Smullett staged this?
Waiting for due process to take place

Lets Go Darwin