Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-11-2019, 10:00 AM   #241
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Trumptown
is that in Florida?
Old 11-11-2019, 10:32 AM   #242
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
is that in Florida?
It's in the Golan Heights, and the name Netanyahu actually gave it is Trump Heights.
It would be a fitting location for the Trump Library, since we are the only country to claim that it belongs to Israel.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-11-2019, 10:51 AM   #243
Sea Dangles

👍🏿🍔
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-11-2019, 09:28 PM   #244
ReelinRod

Quote:
Print that out and save it so you can show Floridaman how you defended him when he goes slithering away.

SMH. Another in a long list of replies from you that show you only write what the voices in your head tell you to. Nothing that I wrote was a defense of Trump; it was all an indictment of you and your comrades here who can not communicate with thinking people.

YOU were wandering in self-imposed ignorance about what Durham was investigating, I provided part of the answer to YOU. You reply with nonsense and then a long stolen screed, copied and pasted without attribution or link. It is your complete ability to discuss let alone debate on display, and your duplicitous tactics and practices of stealing someone else's words and posting them as your own is exhibit one . . .

Quote:
By the way Paula White said you’re behind in your tithing, you’ll lose your place in Trumptown and you won’t get your share of the koolaid when things don’t work out
I had to Google Paula White. It is freaking amazing the worthless crap that you know just to throw it out as an insult. An insult that speaks more to your character than any command of pertinent facts. Actual facts you have no time for and remain uninterested in.

Typical leftist.

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:35 PM   #245
ReelinRod

Quote:
Cult members just keep blindly following the conman to Trumptown

Since we’re really concerned about corruption
Let’s just invite the President of Turkey to the White House
1. Laundered Iranian funds
2. Bought Russian missile system
3. Feel free to do a quick google search https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C....0.G48c7Xnx4lI
WASHINGTON – In a remarkable rebuke of a NATO ally, the House on Tuesday approved a biting sanctions bill that could cripple Turkey's economy and would punish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan personally by requiring an assessment of his net worth amid questions about his finances in Turkey.

Sure seems to be concerned with corruption, except if it’s a mutual friend of Putin’s

And Vindman testified that he thought Obozo sold Javelins to Ukraine . . . When in truth Obozo denied all lethal aid.

Where was Vindman's concern for Ukraine when Obozo was sending them blankets, where was his deception and behind the scenes sedition when Obozo was denying Ukraine effective defensive tools to fight Putin?

Don't bother looking on Vox, I looked, they haven't issued talking points on this yet.

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:12 AM   #246
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelinRod View Post
And Vindman testified that he thought Obozo sold Javelins to Ukraine . . . When in truth Obozo denied all lethal aid.

Where was Vindman's concern for Ukraine when Obozo was sending them blankets, where was his deception and behind the scenes sedition when Obozo was denying Ukraine effective defensive tools to fight Putin?

Don't bother looking on Vox, I looked, they haven't issued talking points on this yet.
Vindman is not the one being impeached so don’t deflect with that and yet another but Obama.

Calling Floridaman’s actions “foreign policy” won’t change the fact that he attempted to secretly subvert Congress’ constitutional authority by coercing a foreign government to investigate a U.S. citizen for his own personal gain.

A high crime by another name is still a crime.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-12-2019, 08:40 AM   #247
Sea Dangles

🙈🍔
Old 11-12-2019, 10:32 AM   #248
Pete F.
Canceled

🍑🤡
Old 11-12-2019, 10:38 AM   #249
Sea Dangles

👍🏿🍔
Old 11-12-2019, 11:33 AM   #250
Pete F.
Canceled

Roger Stone trial witness Rick Gates exposing things re Wikileaks that the Stable Genius with one of the great memories of all time “did not recall” in his written testimony to the Mueller investigation.

🍑🤡
Old 11-12-2019, 01:14 PM   #251
Sea Dangles

🙀🍔
Old 11-12-2019, 01:21 PM   #252
ReelinRod

Quote:
Vindman is not the one being impeached so don’t deflect with that and yet another but Obama.

Vindman's allegiance to Ukraine and his feeling that Trump was threatening opportunities for Ukraine to get US assistance, is the entire reason for all of this. Without Vindman's "concern" that Ukraine lives were at risk without this aid, none of this would be happening. It is within reason to wonder if he has fully expressed his motivation for this 2019 action (and to be curious about his previous inaction on behalf of Ukraine, when Obozo refused to help) . . .

We could ask what was Obozo's reasoning for substituting blankets for Javelins as Russian tanks were rolling, and just who the hell did he think he was, deciding by himself and in opposition to his diplomatic corps, such an important foreign policy position when Ukraininan lives were in the balance?

Was Vindman either too stupid or too much of a yes man working in Obozo's White House back then to "resist" or share with others his concern that Ukraine was under threat of being sacrificed to Russia by the actions of a rogue President?

I believe those are questions Vindman should be asked.

Quote:
Calling Floridaman’s actions “foreign policy” won’t change the fact that he attempted to secretly subvert Congress’ constitutional authority by coercing a foreign government to investigate a U.S. citizen for his own personal gain.
Again, a characterization based in feelings that flow from your political agenda, supported by confirmation bias (AKA, a propagandized personal opinion).

Quote:
A high crime by another name is still a crime.
And leftist Trump haters using the impeachment process when no crime has been committed just to interfere with an upcoming election, is just as criminal.

Old 11-12-2019, 01:43 PM   #253
spence

Quote:
Vindman's allegiance to Ukraine
Shameful.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:57 PM   #254
PaulS

I was thinking more along the lines of scummy when I just read that post.

Sedition!
Old 11-12-2019, 02:12 PM   #255
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Vindman's allegiance to Ukraine and his feeling that Trump was threatening opportunities for Ukraine to get US assistance, is the entire reason for all of this. Without Vindman's "concern" that Ukraine lives were at risk without this aid, none of this would be happening. It is within reason to wonder if he has fully expressed his motivation for this 2019 action (and to be curious about his previous inaction on behalf of Ukraine, when Obozo refused to help) . . .

The phone call is the reason, Vindman was by no means alone in his reaction to Trumps actions but if you want to use as you say "Again, a characterization based in feelings that flow from your political agenda, supported by confirmation bias (AKA, a propagandized personal opinion)."

We could ask what was Obozo's reasoning for substituting blankets for Javelins as Russian tanks were rolling, and just who the hell did he think he was, deciding by himself and in opposition to his diplomatic corps, such an important foreign policy position when Ukraininan lives were in the balance?

Was Vindman either too stupid or too much of a yes man working in Obozo's White House back then to "resist" or share with others his concern that Ukraine was under threat of being sacrificed to Russia by the actions of a rogue President?

I believe those are questions Vindman should be asked.

Obama rejected a request from Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko for lethal aid in 2014, though the White House approved a $53 million aid package that included vehicles, patrol boats, body armor and night-vision goggles, as well as humanitarian assistance.

U.S. officials were concerned that providing the Javelins to Ukraine would escalate their conflict with Russia. Key allies, including Germany, were not keen on sending weapons into the conflict zone, said Michael Kofman, an expert on Russia and senior research scientist at the CNA Corporation.

Between 2014 and 2016, the United States committed more than $600 million in security assistance to Ukraine.

Under Obama, the federal government started the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative, which sent other kinds of U.S. military equipment to the country. From 2016 to 2019, Congress appropriated $850 million.

In the last year of the Obama administration, Congress authorized lethal aid, but it didn’t include the Javelins.

But it's all Obama or is it your Trumplican narrative

Again, a characterization based in feelings that flow from your political agenda, supported by confirmation bias (AKA, a propagandized personal opinion).

And leftist Trump haters using the impeachment process when no crime has been committed just to interfere with an upcoming election, is just as criminal.

Keep acting as another of Putin's Puppets, Floridaman is still the conman he has been for his entire life. It's catching up with him now, in his private life and business he was always able to throw up a smokescreen and you can waste a lot of resources pursuing an idiot.
People dealt with him in business and knew how to restrain him, bankers and investors just made it so he couldn't get his hand in the cookie jar. He was willing to do or say anything as long as you threw him a few bucks and he could get you lots of media exposure. Always a balancing act.
What he is doing now matters, there are few restraints on the position of president, his lack of skill is showing and his con isn't holding up.

He is committing crimes in plain view, claiming everyone does it.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-12-2019, 02:12 PM   #256
ReelinRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Shameful.

Do you need a tissue?

Vindman's concern was first framed in how he "didn't think it proper" to ask the Ukraine to assist an investigation into "a US citizen".

He felt "the call" could impact US assistance to Ukraine because if Ukraine did help it could be perceived to be partisan. Such a perception could result in a negative feeling in Congress, eroding support for Ukraine being awarded aid packages in the future.

He applied his feelings to conjure these "conclusions" and couched that concern in the magic words "national security".

He then "reported his concerns" to the NSC's legal counsel . . . AKA, his twin brother.

I stand by my statement that Vindman's (both of them) primary concern was perpetuating and enhancing pro- Ukrainian positions within the US government . . . As such, his motivations and actions are certainly subject to inquiry.

Old 11-12-2019, 02:16 PM   #257
Pete F.
Canceled

That's a whole lot of smoke.............

So what was Trump's reason for withholding aid to Ukraine?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-12-2019, 02:22 PM   #258
ReelinRod

Quote:
Keep acting as another of Putin's Puppets,

Old 11-12-2019, 02:35 PM   #259
scottw

Quote:

Do you need a tissue?

postimg.cc/43WhX5Rj/Vindman18-19.jpg[/IMG]
spence is pretty fragile
Old 11-12-2019, 02:38 PM   #260
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Do you need a tissue?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-12-2019, 02:40 PM   #261
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump holds a rally for Matt Bevin in Kentucky last week, and Matt Bevin loses.

Trump goes to the Alabama football game this weekend, and Alabama loses.

Trump tweets his support for Sean Spicer on Dancing with the Stars, and Sean Spicer loses.

Donald Trump is a loser, get over it.

Expect Trump to force Bill Barr to open an investigation on how Sean Spicer got voted off Dancing with the Stars

Trump deleted his tweet asking for votes for Spicy, can't handle a loser.

Nov 11, 2019 08:33:57 PM
Vote for Sean Spicer on Dancing with the Stars. He is a great and very loyal guy who is working very hard. He is in the quarterfinals - all the way with Sean! #MAGA #KAG

Last edited by Pete F.; 11-12-2019 at 02:46 PM..

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-12-2019, 02:44 PM   #262
scottw

Quote:
Trump holds a rally for Matt Bevin in Kentucky last week, and Matt Bevin loses.

Trump goes to the Alabama football game this weekend, and Alabama loses.

Trump tweets his support for Sean Spicer on Dancing with the Stars, and Sean Spicer loses.

Donald Trump is a loser, get over it.

Expect Trump to force Bill Barr to open an investigation on how Sean Spicer got voted off Dancing with the Stars
also...he's caused you to lose your mind sooooo....
Old 11-12-2019, 03:03 PM   #263
Sea Dangles

He sure as #^&#^&#^&#^& did not lose to Hilarity.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:13 PM   #264
ReelinRod

Quote:
That's a whole lot of smoke.............

Trump stated it many times; even in the call when Trump said Zelenskyy was "surrounding himself with the same people" . . . That would be the same corrupt people that colluded and conspired with the DNC in 2016, and covered for Crowdstrike and coddled Burisma.

Trump feared that those "very bad people" would have significant roles in the new administration, that was why the aid was held up . . .

You should familiarize yourself with the timeline of events; the July 18th suspension of aid, the July 21st parliamentary elections and the July 25th call. In the call, Zelenskyy reassured Trump that he won a significant majority and he would get to choose the government and no remnants of the old government would be in power.

Another view can be seen in how Trump's concerns were perceived by someone who has testified, you should read Volker's statement where he relates his concerns about the "negative narratives" pertaining to Ukrainian corruption that Trump was hearing from Giuliani and others.

Feel free to not bother yourself with such trivialities though, you have your spoon-fed narrative that fits your politics and it has served you well so far.

Problem is, since your narrative is reliant on everything being completely mischaracterized and misrepresented, you should hope that deception won't be remedied anytime soon.

Old 11-12-2019, 04:00 PM   #265
Pete F.
Canceled

You should look before your narrow timeline

June 8, 2017 – Giuliani meets with Ukrainian leaders

July 25, 2017 – President Trump issues a public call for an investigation of the 2016 Manafort revelations in Ukraine

May-June 2018 — Ukrainian-American businessman Lev Parnas presses then-U.S. Congressman Pete Sessions, a Texas Republican, to urge the administration to remove or recall Ambassador Yovanovitch from her post in Kyiv, around the same time as Parnas and Belarusian-American associate Igor Fruman, both residents of Florida, commit to raising money for Session’s re-election campaign.

August 2018 — Lev Parnas’ company, Boca Raton, Florida-based Fraud Guarantee (its website says it aims to “reduce and mitigate fraud”), hires Giuliani Partners, the former mayor’s management and security consulting firm, according to Reuters. “Giuliani said he was hired to consult on Fraud Guarantee’s technologies and provide legal advice on regulatory issues,” Reuters reported. Giuliani ultimately is paid $500,000 for the work. Parnas and Fruman work with Giuliani in spring 2019 to press for Ambassador Yovanovitch’s ouster

Sept. 28, 2018 — Congress passes a spending bill for the Department of Defense that includes $250 million in military aid under the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative (USAI). The money must be disbursed by Sept. 30, 2019.

Late 2018 — Parnas and Fruman arrange a Skype call between Giuliani and Shokin, according to a joint investigation by the nonprofit Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP) and BuzzFeed News, as published by OCCRP. The two businessmen also connect Giuliani with then-Prosecutor General Lutsenko. Giuliani invites Lutsenko to his office in New York, a meeting they arrange for January.

Lutsenko told the LA Times that he had numerous conversations with Guiliani on the phone. He also tells the paper that Giuliani pressed him repeatedly to open an investigation on the Bidens and Burisma, even though Lutsenko had seen no evidence of legal wrongdoing.

January 2019 — Giuliani and Ukraine general prosecutor Lutsenko meet for first time, New York

Giuliani and Lutsenko meet in New York over the space of two-to-three days. They discuss “the Ukrainian political situation and the fight against corruption,” Bloomberg News reports, paraphrasing Lutsenko. “Giuliani asked him about investigations into the owner of Burisma, Mykola Zlochevsky, as well as whether the U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch, was `not loyal to President Trump,’” the article says.

The two met “multiple times” during those days in New York, and Lutsenko told associates that, during their first meeting in January, Giuliani excitedly called Trump to brief the President on what he had found, the New York Times reported. Giuliani “acknowledged that he has discussed the matter with the president on multiple occasions,” the Times wrote.

Mid-February 2019 — Giuliani and Ukraine general prosecutor Lutsenko meet for second time, Warsaw

Giuliani meets with Lutsenko again in Warsaw, joined by Parnas, according to the OCCRP/BuzzFeed report, as published by Buzzfeed. U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Russian President Vladimir Putin reportedly were in town, too, for a U.S.-led Middle East conference.

Early March 2019 — State Department asks Ambassador Yovanovitch to extend her term in Ukraine until 2020, according to her prepared remarks to the House investigation.

March 2019 –- Ukraine Prosecutor General Lutsenko opens two investigations — one into the 2016 U.S. presidential election and a second into Burisma and Biden.

Following his meetings with Giuliani, Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko announces he is opening two investigations.

“The decision to reopen the investigation into Burisma was made … by the current Ukrainian prosecutor general [Lutsenko], who had cleared Hunter Biden’s employer more than two years ago. The announcement … was seen in some quarters as an effort by the prosecutor general, Yuriy Lutsenko, to curry favor from the Trump administration for his boss and ally, the incumbent president,” the New York Times reported (in May 2019).

Lutsenko also tells the Hill’s conservative columnist John Solomon, “Today we will launch a criminal investigation about” the Manafort disclosure in the 2016 election.

March 20, 2019 – The Hill’s conservative opinion writer John Solomon publishes an interview with Ukrainian Prosecutor General Lutsenko, who by this point has been widely criticized as ineffective and likely corrupt.

[Note: Lutsenko later retracts many of his allegations, including against the Bidens (May 16 Bloomberg interview, Sept. 29 LA Times interview) and the U.S. Embassy‘s involvement in the 2016 election.]

March 24, 2019 – Donald Trump Jr. tweets criticism of U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Yovanovitch, calling her a “joker” and linking to a conservative media outlet’s article about calls for her ouster. The two incidents are part of a pattern of conservative attacks against the ambassador. Within less than two months, Yovanovitch is recalled to Washington.

March 31, 2019 — First round of Ukraine’s presidential election, which results in runoff between Zelenskyy and Poroshenko scheduled for April 21.

April 1, 2019 – The Hill newspaper publishes another article online by the same conservative investigative columnist John Solomon that advances the Trump-Giuliani story about Biden. The article reports that Shokin had said in written answers to questions that he had planned an investigation of Burisma before he was fired, including questioning all executive board members. The article says Lutsenko, Shokin’s successor, and “a case file” indicate that the Prosecutor General’s Office had handled three cases related to Burisma, and that the “most prominent” case was transferred to the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine (NABU), which Solomon describes suggestively as “closely aligned with the U.S. Embassy in Kiev,” even though it had long been public knowledge that Western supporters of Ukraine and Ukrainian anti-corruption activists strongly backed the bureau. The article says NABU closed that case.

April 2019 – Hunter Biden leaves the board of Burisma Holdings, as his father announces his candidacy for the Democratic presidential nomination.

April 18, 2019 — Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s redacted report is publicly released, outlining the findings of his investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

April 21, 2019 – New Ukrainian President elected on anti-corruption agenda

Volodymyr Zelenskyy is elected president of Ukraine, to succeed Petro Poroshenko. He ran on a “zero tolerance” anti-corruption agenda.

Not long before the Ukrainian president was inaugurated in May, an associate of Rudolph W. Giuliani’s journeyed to Kiev to deliver a warning to the country’s new leadership, a lawyer for Lev Parnas said.

The associate, Lev Parnas, told a representative of the incoming government that it had to announce an investigation into Mr. Trump’s political rival, Joseph R. Biden Jr., and his son, or else Vice President Mike Pence would not attend the swearing-in of the new president, and the United States would freeze aid, the lawyer said.

Now your timeline starts, so just keep believing. As usual if you follow the money around Floridaman it leads to Russia.
Just who did Rudy want money from in his buttdial and who was the source?
Who was funding Parnas and Fruman?
Who is funding Rudy?

the July 18th suspension of aid, the July 21st parliamentary elections and the July 25th call. In the call, Zelenskyy reassured Trump that he won a significant majority and he would get to choose the government and no remnants of the old government would be in power.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-12-2019, 04:06 PM   #266
wdmso

Quote:
Trump stated it many times; even in the call when Trump said Zelenskyy was "surrounding himself with the same people" . . . That would be the same corrupt people that colluded and conspired with the DNC in 2016, and covered for Crowdstrike and coddled Burisma.

Trump feared that those "very bad people" would have significant roles in the new administration, that was why the aid was held up . . .

You should familiarize yourself with the timeline of events; the July 18th suspension of aid, the July 21st parliamentary elections and the July 25th call. In the call, Zelenskyy reassured Trump that he won a significant majority and he would get to choose the government and no remnants of the old government would be in power.

Another view can be seen in how Trump's concerns were perceived by someone who has testified, you should read Volker's statement where he relates his concerns about the "negative narratives" pertaining to Ukrainian corruption that Trump was hearing from Giuliani and others.

Feel free to not bother yourself with such trivialities though, you have your spoon-fed narrative that fits your politics and it has served you well so far.

Problem is, since your narrative is reliant on everything being completely mischaracterized and misrepresented, you should hope that deception won't be remedied anytime soon.

Take about being spoon feed .. hell your on IV kool aid .. is info wars your source material. How about some supporting link or factual info or is regurgitating conspiracy theories all you have?

Or are you one of the Trump cult that loves to tell us what he ment to say and do. Even after hearing what he said and did?? . Amazing
Old 11-12-2019, 04:24 PM   #267
ReelinRod

Quote:
You should look before your narrow timeline. . .
Who is funding Rudy?

Old 11-12-2019, 04:39 PM   #268
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
https://www.google.com/search?q=idio...w=1098&bih=466

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-12-2019, 04:47 PM   #269
ReelinRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Take about being spoon feed .. hell your on IV kool aid .. is info wars your source material. How about some supporting link or factual info or is regurgitating conspiracy theories all you have?

Or are you one of the Trump cult that loves to tell us what he ment to say and do. Even after hearing what he said and did?? . Amazing

What do you want to see, screengrabs of the call that I mention, quotes from Volker's statement?

This entire "thing" is about Trump's intent, why was the aid held up????

I contend the reason is simply what Trump has always maintained; he wasn't sending millions of dollars to a corrupt government.

Plenty of people have said that was a primary concern of Trump's, plenty of people have acknowledged that corruption was Normal Operating Procedure for all things Ukrainian and Zelenskyy ran on a platform of eradicating it . . . Trump wanted assurances that was happening before he released the $$$$$$.

OTOH, you guys have an ever evolving Rube Goldberg of feelings and interpretations of impressions of second hand water-cooler innuendo and gossip of Trump-hating leftist A-holes.

A-holes who resented to their core that Trump would dare proceed with any foreign policy without their direction, approval and hand-holding, thus the Marxist pogrom of seditious leaks and duplicitous backstabbing of Trump, all towards undermining him with supporters and culminating in this attempted soft coup, disguised as impeachment intended to influence the 2020 election.

May you cry inconsolably when he is reelected and be rendered so emotionally incapacitated that no therapy can help; you deserve nothing less!

Old 11-12-2019, 04:53 PM   #270
ReelinRod

Quote:
I'm an idiot who can't use the quote function correctly, let alone image tags