Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Meet & Greet Forum

Meet & Greet Forum S-B is an online Community dedicated to angling for Striped Bass. Come in, say hello and tell us a little bit about you. Thanks! Team Striped-Bass.com

Old 08-29-2007, 11:49 PM   #31
Clueless

Hi, I'm Mark. I'm 44 and live in Stoneham. I'm a software engineer.

Dad taught me to fish sweetwater when I was a kid, but I didn't appreciate the peace, quiet and relaxation, so I stopped. My sons love of fishing got me back into it the last few years, and we've been surf fishing for a couple of years now, often with Dad alongside us. I've been lurking and occasionally spewing my wisdom on this site for a little over a year now. In all seriousness, this place rocks, and I hope to know a tenth of what some of you guys know someday.

Some interesting facts about me:

- I chose the name Clueless so people would think I don't know what I'm doing.

- I do know what I'm doing though. In fact, I'm a legend. I know this because all the guys I fish next to know about me already, because without even telling them, they all call me by the same nickname a wise fisherman once gave me, "Googan". He said it's Irish for "master of the deep".

- I can kill a thread quicker than anyone. Watch how no one will post in this thread once I click "Submit Reply".

- I am the reason Salty will be able to afford to send his son to an Ivy League school. Wacky Wednesdays are my kryptonite.

Nice to meet you all

I'm lucky if I can find the water...
Clueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:07 AM   #32
Squibby17

Send a message via AIM to Squibby17
clueless nice to meet you. Hope my response can turn the tide of your thread killing

"You should have been here yesterday"
Squibby17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:34 PM   #33
capecodkid

I'm Randy, I'm 13, I live in Falmouth, MA in the summer and weekends in spring and fall, and Quincy everytime else. I do just about every kind of fishing out there. We run 2 boats so it opens that up for me. Boat fish DO count as long as there caught on artificials. I am a complete Albie NUT. I only do albies on the long wand. Hope to meet some of you.
capecodkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:06 PM   #34
whiplash
Sand pounder

Howdy

Jim Here aka Whiplash. I've been around this board for 3-4 years and i'm on a few others, but this is the old go to board .
I live in Mattapoisett and have been fishing Cape Cod to Rockport to Napatree fro the past 45 years. Now that makes me feel old! Right now it's mainly the canal and Cape Ann with about 6 trips a year to Montauk . I recently bought a cottage in Sag Harbor / Noyack NY so I've been down there alot only 25 miles to Montauk. Finally put a bike together for the canal - what took me so long ?So I'm set for the fall migration. You'll see me around the canal day ( I work about 5 mins from it) and night. I drive a black suburban so say hi.
whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:30 PM   #35
Tburg

Hi, Im Tom.

Originally from God Dam Waltham, then the Irish Riviera ( Green Harbor/ Marsh Vegas) and now Sandwich... I work in the communications - managing cell towers...

I got 2 kids ( boys--THANK GOD) , an understanding first wife and a few bad habits - Fishing and Hunting..drinking use to be another but life has changed and I only get out a few times a year...

Found this site about six years back but joined in 2005....been mostly a lurker but I have learned many things about fishing and people from this site as well as another bad habit........PlugBuilding..thanks.

I want to thank John for this site and the many cast of characters that over the past few years have entertained me and enlightened me.... I am sure that I have fished next to and talked to a few members on this site while fishing the Ditch and I hope to meet many more out there away from our monitors and key boards....

As Summer winds down and the Fall season begins , may everyone be safe, catch large and enjoy....
Tburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:56 PM   #36
RickBomba

God Dam Waltham is right!!!
I hate it!!!
I keep getting out but they pull me back in.
How old you, Tburg???
Later,
Rbomba

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
RickBomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:03 PM   #37
Trunky

Strong Island

My name is Dan, I live in the fabulous Hamptons busting my butt making the landscapes beautiful
I found this site searching for info, and I keep coming back because you guys are a wicked pissah and every once in while you sell off some nice gear. I like reading how its going up north and seeing #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& nailing back to back monsters etc. I fish from Shinnecock Inlet east to Montauk, where I'm scratching a hole in some rocks ...
You got cool sponsors and members here. I hope to make it to Block I. in September and Rhody too. Everybody go Laaahhgge. dancowski
Trunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:04 PM   #38
Clogston29
xxx

Hi, I'm josh. I'm a structural engineer, mostly bridge inspection, rating, design and rehab work. I'm a surf guy and really don't have much interest in anything else - though I really want to get out and do some plugging for SBFT. I've learned a ton from this site in the last few years, especially after hanging around long enough to figure out who to listen to and who to dismiss. I'm a long way from being where I want to be as a surf fisherman but I'm alot closer than I would be if I was just figureing things out on my own. I feel that I owe alot to guys like DZ, Bassmaster (hey, that's his needle in my avatar) and #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& for the information that they've provide here and wish those guys came around more often - tons on information and experience there, not to mention entertainment in the winter.

Met alot of great people though this site on the cuttyhunk trips and other events and look forward to meeting more. I'm pissed that I have to miss the fall cutty trip this year - though I usually feel like my chances for fish are better in my home waters, the company will be missed. ok, i'm really just pissed that I'm missing JohnR's wife's shepards pie.

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker" - Van Helsing
Clogston29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:20 PM   #39
Tburg

I think the movie Amityville Horror said it best...." GET OUT".........I did and did not look back........
Tburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:59 AM   #40
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Thanks and Hello!

My name is John and I reside in Marshfield. Before I got on this site a few years ago I knew very little about surfcasting and fishing in general. I still feel that way at times with all the experience on this site. I'm thankful to have met some nice people through here and I have gained so much knowledge through picking the many brains on this site. Thanks again John for an AWESOME site and I look forward to the future.

John Cap

"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:04 AM   #41
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Cool

in all seriousness, you can learn a little more about me in this video (I'm a star ):

fishpoopoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:36 AM   #42
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I guess I should be serious......for once.

My name is Kevin, I'm an IT/Network Admin...(also known as a handy excuse for why somebody didn't get there work done) for a company in Salem MA. I have two Rugra...er Kids 1 Boy and 1 Girl. I am a product of the Lynn Public School System (explains a lot) but have since escaped.

I've been fishing since i was a kid but only got into chasing the striped ones about 5 years ago....been on the board for about 4 years now. Not only have I picked up the Striper addiction but I also picked up the plug making addiction. I have learned a TON from the people on this board and have also met a lot of great guys through it. There were 2 peices of advice given me here that are probably the most important....Get Involved in a Club and come to the Events, I've done both and you would be amazed at the great people you meet.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:05 PM   #43
InTheHole

My name is Don, I grew up in Waltham but was l#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g enough to escape to Littleton back in 1991. Married, 3 boys, 4, 7 and 11 ( counting my lucky stars! ). I am head of engineering for a company that makes precision tooling used to assemble printed circuit boards. I have been passionate about all types of fishing and hunting since I can remember which I now enjoy sharing with my boys. I keep a boat in Fairhaven and fish mainly around the Vineyard and Nomans. Hi to all this is a great site.
By the way -- boat fish do count !

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day ...
show him where to fish and ... you'll be sorry
InTheHole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:18 PM   #44
Fishin' Blues

My name's Tom, grew up and live in Weymouth. Married with children. I maintain telephone cables in manholes in Boston. Just bought my first boat this spring, a 23' 1972 Chris Craft Lancer w/ a 350cc inboard. I live about an 8 iron away from the ramp in Weymouth, so thats where I launch from, until I get a mooring put in, that is.

Now that I own a boat, I hope to frequent this place more often. What a resource! Thanks!

Last edited by Fishin' Blues; 09-01-2007 at 12:25 AM..
Fishin' Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:02 AM   #45
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Hi Frank here, I am a therapist. Mostly one on one, but sometimes groups. More money in groups, no doubt, but getting people to open up in front of others is extremely difficult and time consuming, but hey thats where the money is, time, in my line.

Been fishing since I was a little kid on Muddy Pond in Eastham. I can't remember when I started salt water fishing. Enjoyed Eastham and all it had to offer when I was a kid.

Started in on S-B.com after Bill and Jul's told me about fellow club member (MSBA), and former Massachusetts resident, JR, starting his own web site. I have only insulted (and apologized) a couple of people here and find some of the friendships I have made here to have been very rewarding. But then again I have never met anyone I didn't like, truly.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:07 AM   #46
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
My name is Ronnie.
I'm an Oakland Raiders fan !
I hate the Pats !
I have to drive by their F***ing stadium on a daily basis

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:17 AM   #47
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
My name is Ronnie.
I hate the Pats !
: rotfl:

Thats the three time world champion Pats!

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:25 PM   #48
Goose

Although it may not always seem like it I try and put God and the Christian life first,not alwasy easy.
I fish the surf a little in the spring and fall, out of a boat the rest of the time.
I try and target bottem fish too.
I respect women who like it natural and I feel the same way about bass whatever that means.
I love the other half of the earth up in a tree with a bow or gun.
I hate people who are negative or complainers. I've lost fish & time because of people like that.
Some times getting away from the computer is the best thing for you, you fish more you catch more you spend more time with family, some of you oughta try it some time.

P.S. don't sweat it Ronnie, I say 1 1/2 and Vic will be on your gang.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:12 PM   #49
fishaholic18
Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
My name is Ronnie.
I hate the Pats !
OOOOOHHH...That's gotta hurt..

I'd move to Oakland...

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º >¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((( º>
fishaholic18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:00 AM   #50
Raven

no worries

the Oakland raiders will never make it to a super Bowl.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:30 PM   #51
RImike

Send a message via Yahoo to RImike
Hi Im Mike from RI 34 no kids , work as deskside computer tech in a cubicle world in Raynham, hate computers, love guitars, been lurking on this site for like 4 yrs,been striper fishing the same amount of time, fish Rhody 2-4 nights a week
RImike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:51 AM   #52
reelecstasy
Boston Anglah

Location: Sitting on top of the world with my legs hangin free
Otay I will play, My name is Chris and currently President of MSBA. I surfcast and kayak fish. I work for "a" phone company, actually I just show up everyday and surf the web. Not sure how long I have been here at S-B, but I do know I have meet some great friends because of it, just too many to list. I have had the privilege to fish with many members and each and everyone has taught me something that i apply to my fishing. S-B has made me a better surfcaster, and i am grateful to be a part of it. Someday I hope to be able to give back at least half of what I have learned.
Thanks John R...

Used hard and put away dirty....
reelecstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:07 AM   #53
Diamondwrapper

Hi, I'm John and I retired last Friday from 37 years in the H.V.A.C field, local 28 N.Y.C. I'll tell ya, you guys have the best group of members that I've come across on the net. I check in all the time but don't post as much as I should. I just bought a new slide-on camper (Host Yellowstone) and I'll be spending more time at Montauk then at home. Life is good. 62 years old and life is just starting.

John
LIBBA 440
MSA 791
Diamondwrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #54
striperman36
Old Guy

Hi my name is Bill. It has been 3 weeks since my last fix.
I live, physically, in Mansfield MA, but mentally stay sane by reading all the fishing activity others share on this board. I have a family who does not crave to fish so with balancing work and family time my fishing hours have been steadily declining for the last 10 years.
My 10 year old keeps us focussed on other non-fishing activities

I have been in IT for 30 years, currently managing QA for a global IT organization in Lexington MA.
I have a 2090 maritime with a T - Top and a Johnson 90 elp that when not on the trailer beside my garage can be seen somewhere around Westport MA.
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:08 PM   #55
fishbones

My name is John and I have been fishing since I was 3 years old (almost 34 years). I live in Easton and am fortunate to have a wife and young son who both like to fish. Unfortunatley, my wife only likes to fish for about an hour at a time and only on boats and my son is too young to have the attention span for "real" fishing. I used to fish from shore and boat, but am now mostly shorebound after selling the boat this spring. I've been a member on this site for a long time, but was not very active until recently. It's great having a job that allows a lot of time on the net. Lots of great information and always some funny stuff here. I hope to meet some of the SB community out on the beaches during the fall run. Good luck to everyone.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:43 PM   #56
striperman36
Old Guy

If I sold the boat I would require much more medication
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:55 PM   #57
Crow

Tony here in beautiful Staten Island NY. No not really. I am a Chef for a living and have been fishing since I was a kid. I fish the beach and sometimes a small boat up on the Cape. I am a single parent and just got my oldest son in college the younger brother is still home with me. I do try to get up north to the Cape twice a year and fish with my lifelong bud. Looking forward to a better fall than last and I'm ready for anything.
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:23 AM   #58
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
the Oakland raiders will never make it to a super Bowl.

"Never" Has happened 5 times
3 wins
2 loss

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:27 AM   #59
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Just not this century!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote