Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 04-26-2015, 02:58 PM   #1
bart
Red Eye Jedi

Punta Cana

Has anyone ever been to Punta Cana? My girlfriend and I are looking at a trip there next Feb. Trying to decide between a condo or a less expensive all-inclusive. Has anyone bought groceries down there? We figure we'll probably pay around 500 each for airfare. Then would have another 2 grand total for accommodations and spending money.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. I hear the fishing is pretty good from the beach!
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:18 PM   #2
ThrowingTimber
It's about respect baby!

Talking

Have been yes, its a blast! Speaking the language was a HUGE help! $20 US to the front desk got us an insane room upgrade and the front desk guy would not allow us to make calls and he'd dial out off the front desk for us etc. Tips of 1-2$ here and there are better than a larger sum all at once because they know they'll have a steady stream of dough coming their way for the week. You over tip and they call game over of the super service.

We did all inclusive(s) only way to fly. Riu Palace (night club was undergoing upgrades when we were there) and Paradisus, Paradisus was the FIRE at night literally, fire eating go go dancers etc on the beach

If you do Saona bring bug spray from here with deet and a waterproof camera.

No matter what your choice bring your own sun block! 75$ on resort for what you get here. sunglasses and sublock on the tarmac for sure, Candi is French Canadian she legit got a sunburn walking from the plane to customs.

Dont buy cigars on the beach, ever. Real cubans are in the cigar shops. We asked for a few empty dominican cigar boxes on the way home (from the hotel cigar shop). take the cuban boxes and fill them with a "sewing kit" then re-assemble the right puros in the right boxes back at home water looked like junk when I was there and I didnt feel like paying for a shared charter to watch some other guys hurl. We partied and pay the towel dude 5$ to lay out some towels for you early in a nice cabana The good ones go quick

Domination takes full concentration..
ThrowingTimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:23 PM   #3
bart
Red Eye Jedi

Nice, Vic! Thanks for the info. You got me "fired" up now lol

What you said about towels, drinking and tipping seems consistent with what I've researched (we would do it anyways).

That sucks you thought the water looked like junk. I definitely want to get in it. I know the beaches to the North are nicer, but i think we are set on staying in PC for the sake of convenience. Will probably do an excursion or 2.

Did you fish at all?

Thanks, man. I appreciate it
Old 04-27-2015, 03:58 PM   #4
ThrowingTimber
It's about respect baby!

For swimming the water was super nice, the red headed topless girl talking to my wife and I thought so too.

Offshore for fishing (white marlin) it was ick...

Highly recommend it, like anything stay aware of your surroundings etc and you will be fine. Going through customs IN make sure they stamp your passport, same thing leaving. They like to play the haha you got no stamp game, but for a few dollars more... they also detour you through the duty free shop leaving gotta get that money!

Place was insane! We had 1 guy in charge of setting up or excursions etc, and transportation, big big help. I took his card and just gave it to our buddy at the front desk.

no fishing was doing other stuff

Last edited by ThrowingTimber; 04-27-2015 at 04:05 PM..

Domination takes full concentration..
ThrowingTimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:20 PM   #5
bart
Red Eye Jedi

Ok thanks man I appreciate it
Old 04-27-2015, 08:22 PM   #6
flyvice11787

FWIW, never buy Cubans anywhere but Casa Habanos. They are the only places authorized by Cuba to sell Cubanos.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
flyvice11787 is offline   Reply With Quote