Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

View Poll Results: Should this guy be removed as a politician?
YES 11 91.67%
NO 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Should he be removed?

Sen. Who Left Crash 'Panicked' Because Of Driving History - Politics News Story - WCVB Boston

Can't prove it now but based on his driving history I'm betting he was drunk...and knew it so he screwed. Even so it says to me the guy isn't on the up and up/is sneaky like alot of politicians. Should he be removed?
Old 10-06-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
Bronko

Lets look at the facts shall we?

A moon-bat liberal state senator from the peoples republic of Cambridge, from Teddy Kennedy's home state (insert leaving the scene of a homicide joke here) gets in an accident and drives away.....

I am pretty sure his job is safe.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 10-06-2009, 03:52 PM   #3
fishbones

He has 2 prior drunk driving convictions, although he was pardoned once by Gov. Weld. That's in addition to the 2005 allegations where charges weren't filed. Wonder why he would have left the scene? Could he have been out somewhere tipping a few back while watching football? The thing that burns me is that there were kids in the car he hit. He said he left because he thought there were no injuries. How would he know?

Should he be removed from his Senate seat? He should be put in jail for leaving the scene causing injury with his driving record. I hope the victims sue his a$s off.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 10-06-2009, 04:41 PM   #4
Backbeach Jake

At the least, censure and loss of license.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Old 10-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #5
Fly Rod

Well, If it were you or me, we would have been in front of a majestrate on Monday probably shackled.

Yes! he should lose his state senate seat and lose his right to drive like Joe citizen. Can't prove that he was drinking or drunk.

On the other hand you have the "like farther like son team," Ted & Patrick, professional drunks and Patrick went a little futher with the drug scene, who hide behind their position. Patrick even wiped out the jersey barriers near the white house and was swept away and nothing happened.

WOW! After that paragraph I'm beginning to have second thoughts. Oh! wait a minute I just remembered another, Barney. He had sex with a male page when he first became a senator, but that was consensual.

Back to point of subject. Sorry that I drifted.

We need more senators like Galluccio and the others above.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
Karl F

Scott...it's Mass., he is a politician...therefore, it NEVER happened...

this will be a smaller headline each day, nothing will come of it, and it will go away..... or..some other political hack, will pardon him... AND...he will get re-elected... that's the Mass. way....
Old 10-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
Well, If it were you or me, we would have been in front of a majestrate on Monday probably shackled.

Yes! he should lose his state senate seat and lose his right to drive like Joe citizen. Can't prove that he was drinking or drunk.

On the other hand you have the "like farther like son team," Ted & Patrick, professional drunks and Patrick went a little futher with the drug scene, who hide behind their position. Patrick even wiped out the jersey barriers near the white house and was swept away and nothing happened.

WOW! After that paragraph I'm beginning to have second thoughts. Oh! wait a minute I just remembered another, Barney. He had sex with a male page when he first became a senator, but that was consensual.

Back to point of subject. Sorry that I drifted.

We need more senators like Galluccio and the others above.
you are confusing your reprobates...I think Barney is a congressman and he and Hot Bottom were running a male prostitution ring out of Barneys home, Studds was the guy bopping the pages, I think they named an elementary school after him....Patrick nearly ran over a couple of cops in DC and had a grossly underreported incident at a grocery store in Portsmouth just prior, but all is well, he blamed it all on Big Pharma and now he's a "Champion for Mental Health"....and Ted....well...he's dead and still getting laws changed to benefit himself..

these things are all resume enhancement for democrats...
Old 10-06-2009, 07:36 PM   #8
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronko View Post

A moon-bat liberal state senator from the peoples republic of Cambridge, from Teddy Kennedy's home state (insert leaving the scene of a homicide joke here) gets in an accident and drives away.....

At least you made an effective, objective answer.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #9
fishsmith
DDG-51

I say again, 2 judicial systems one for the rich (or connected) and one for the rest of us.

not a politician, but why wasn't Miguel Cabrara arrested the other day, his wife called 911 and said he hit her?? his BAC was 3x the limit.

any regular joe would be cuffed and stuffed.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:34 PM   #10
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronko View Post

Thats pissa !!!

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 10-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #11
striperman36
Old Guy

He's a senior member of the club, nothing will come of it.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #12
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishsmith View Post
I say again, 2 judicial systems one for the rich (or connected) and one for the rest of us.

not a politician, but why wasn't Miguel Cabrara arrested the other day, his wife called 911 and said he hit her?? his BAC was 3x the limit.

I think it's because his wife refused to press charges. Also, it sounded like he got the worst of the little fight.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 10-07-2009, 06:15 AM   #13
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishsmith View Post

They deserve each other.......the reason he wasn't arrested was because she wasn't much better in the situation....she may actually have hit him 1st. I think the cops handled it the way it should have been handled. They diffused the situation and had him remove himself from the home until cooler heads could prevail.

Chief defends decision not to arrest Cabrera | Detroit Free Press | Freep.com

I don't believe in hitting a woman....but I've definitely met a few that it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they got the crap kicked out of them sometime in the future.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-07-2009, 07:14 AM   #14
buckman

I voted NO, Cambridge, Arlington, Concord, all havens of hypocracy. The jokes on them. let him continue to represent.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:49 AM   #15
FishermanTim

Since nothing will change, and these idiots will continue to abuse their priviledges, let's hope that WHEN it happens again, it happens only to them and no one else. Why don't more of these worthless hacks just drive off a cliff?

If any one of us had been in the same situation, we'd have been sitting in jail and looking at a hefty fine ('cause the state needs our $$) and maybe some jail time. If you're a senator or congressman in the samne situation, you'd get a raise and a medal of honor.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:40 PM   #16
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Yes, he should be removed.

No, he won't be removed.

Yes, on the off chance that even the Hackerama gags at the thought of this guy in their midst and boots him, he'll be promptly elected again by the Cambridge red diaper babies.

So--to steal Flap's sig---why even try?

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:19 AM   #17
Slipknot
Super Moderator

If he was a police officer, he would be let go after a public hanging, but he is a senator so he'll get his wrist slapped

They should investigate where he was before the accident, was he drinking? etc.
Then ask the investigators why they did not go immediately to his home after the accident, they had a plate number, and there should be answers to why not. special treatment?
If that were you or I and we had 2 prior convictions, we'd be doing 5 months minimum and lost license for 10 years, why shouldn't he?