Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 03-21-2021, 08:07 AM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

The Vaccine

For those wondering what they might expect, here is my report;

I received first shot of Pfizer vaccine yesterday afternoon. Arm got sore within an hour and by last night felt like I had gotten a two hander with a hockey stick. Heart rate was elevated. Still sore this morning but was able to sleep ok, even though I normally sleep on that side. No particulars on my night of sleep to mention out of the ordinary other than being very thirsty. Foggy head this morning, but would not call it a headache. No temperature at any point and heart rate back down.

Wife works for health insurance company, doing travel management, but has had to sit in on calls about vaccine, etc. She thinks my symptoms could be telling that I had it earlier and was asymptomatic. Who knows? Her 85 yo mother had no symptoms or soreness from the Pfizer. And if I had it earlier, one would think it would/could have taken her out....

This was at local physicians group office. 940 people scheduled to get vaccinated yesterday. Very well organized, just a lot more folks than I expected.

That is my report. I am a believer in the science and hope you all can get yours soon.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 08:44 AM   #2
Rmarsh

Getting my second dose of Maderna vaccine in ten days.
First injection earlier this month at Fall River CVS went well.
A lot of the guys I work with got covid at some point over the last year
and one of my bosses almost died from a blood clot while he was very sick with covid. My wife has been fully vaccinated for a while now....works at a nursing home. So we are looking forward with some hope of a return to normal life. Mostly being able to get together with family and friends with less worry
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 09:24 AM   #3
clambo

vacine

Got first shot Sat . in Dartmouth. Wife is ER charge nurse and has had 2 shots months ago. Just a little sore at injection site.
clambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 09:38 AM   #4
Nebe

Can you feel the signal from the Bill Gates 5G Microchip that was in the vaccine?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 09:56 AM   #5
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Can you feel the signal from the Bill Gates 5G Microchip that was in the vaccine?
Should be interesting to see what happens after Patch Tuesdays

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 10:10 AM   #6
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
You funny boy.... I don't have any time for that conspiracy crap.

What I do have time for is making public my thoughts on Microsoft's piracy and censorship.... Bastids

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 03-21-2021, 10:33 AM   #7
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Jeanne and I got our 2nd (Pfizer)on Wednesday. Jeanne was tired Thursday. I was finishing a job building a deck. No issues.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 11:11 AM   #8
Slipknot
Super Moderator

What I have learned about those 2 vaccines is that they are very different from the usual flu or chicken pox type vaccines, because they provide the info to your body of what to fight as opposed to the others that include low concentration, small amounts of the virus to help your body prepare and build immunities. The real money in this is if this type works, they will then be able to fight cancer with this technology instead of indiscriminately killing cells with chemo etc. I am not an anti-vaccer and when the time comes I will carefully weigh the risk/reward.
My parents have gotten the shots, my Mom gets her second next Saturday.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 12:57 PM   #9
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
You funny boy.... I don't have any time for that conspiracy crap.

What I do have time for is making public my thoughts on Microsoft's piracy and censorship.... Bastids
I know you are smarter than the average knuckle dragging bear
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:20 AM   #10
Rappin Mikey
My brother is bald

I've had both Pfizer shots. Barely felt a thing. But... I am the Rappin One.

seals + plovers =
Rappin Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 09:55 AM   #11
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I got an appointment for Tuesday to get my first. They are using the Moderna. We’ll see how it goes.
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 09:57 AM   #12
bart
Red Eye Jedi

Got my second dose of Moderna at Gillette a week ago. Both times I was tired for a couple days afterwards. My arm was a little sore the second go around.

My mother felt like she had the flu for a couple days after the second dose. My father was fine. My 89 year old grandparents were fine after receiving both shots of Pfizer.

My grandmother has been really sick on and off this past year - she was down to 90#s - but the vaccine didn’t phase her at all. Same with my father- really bad year, but no issues. Go figure.

I will say Gillette has been awesome. It’s been smooth sailing since they worked out the initial kinks. The longest we waited was the 30 min to make sure my mother didn’t have an allergic reaction. The staff, top to bottom, have been excellent. Haven’t waited in any lines. Top notch operation.
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 12:11 PM   #13
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I getting my first next Sunday. My daughter has gotten both, nursing major, plus she had Covid. First no issues 2nd felt like #^&#^&#^&#^& for day of and next day.
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 12:33 PM   #14
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Still waiting we are scheduled for our first April 1st and 2nd in Plymouth, no way to know what we are getting, although she is first so I will know come my turn.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:22 AM   #15
Guppy
User

Just got my #1 at Prov. VA. :-)
Things are lookin up..... :-)
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:57 AM   #16
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Good report, Ray
I was off my game through day two, yesterday, but all systems go today. Arm pain gone, as was slight headache. MIL told me to take off the band aid and the pain would go away....

Old 03-22-2021, 12:03 PM   #17
niko

Hot the J/J a couple of weeks ago. No side effects. Wifey got moderna in January- she felt like #^&#^&#^&#^& the next day
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 03:56 PM   #18
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko View Post
Hot the J/J a couple of weeks ago. No side effects. Wifey got moderna in January- she felt like #^&#^&#^&#^& the next day
You may have caused that..... ;-)
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 07:11 PM   #19
niko

I can’t rule that out ray
Old 03-22-2021, 08:13 PM   #20
rphud
GrandBob

anecdotal evidence (from what I am hearing) is the Moderna 2nd shot is the one most likely to result in significant side effects. I got one Pfizer so far and just a tiny bit sore at the injection location. Shot two in three weeks.
rphud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 02:24 AM   #21
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rphud View Post
anecdotal evidence (from what I am hearing) is the Moderna 2nd shot is the one most likely to result in significant side effects. I got one Pfizer so far and just a tiny bit sore at the injection location. Shot two in three weeks.
Posted before. Jeanne and I both got 2nd shot of Pfizer. Week ago and no after effects.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 09:44 AM   #22
PaulS

Glad to see so many people are getting the vaccine. Just heard my oldest cousin's husband (around 67 years old) passed last night from the virus. Supposedly she and he said they weren't getting the vaccine. The whole family was always afraid of going to the Dr.

Just saw on FB a friend's sister was very, very sick and it seemed touch and go. She is really overweight and if it is from Covid, I think she will have a tough time.

Last edited by PaulS; 03-23-2021 at 09:50 AM..
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 02:14 PM   #23
Ian
Idiot

Older you are, milder the side effects all around

Pfizer has lower side effects between it and Moderna
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:12 AM   #24
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Couple observations; Had the J&J one shot last week, felt lightly crappy for 2 days.

Was told to drink lots of electrolytes prior and after. My wife had shot 2 weeks ago and was feeling terrible first day and was told to drink a lot of Gatorade, which helped.

So if you have any shots coming up - drink lots of Gatorade before, and after, and it *may* help - surely cannot hurt.

So lucky that the Democrats pulled all the stops to get these vaccines into early production and I can thank them for the early progress of the 3rd arm growing from my back.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:03 AM   #25
wdmso

to bad Many those praising Trump for the Early Vaccine refuse to take it???
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 11:29 AM   #26
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
to bad Many those praising Trump for the Early Vaccine refuse to take it???
Why’s that too bad? Can’t people support something even if they don’t necessarily want to do it? I’m all for gay marriage but I’m not going to marry a dude.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 01:06 PM   #27
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Why’s that too bad? Can’t people support something even if they don’t necessarily want to do it? I’m all for gay marriage but I’m not going to marry a dude.
Apples and oranges here. Getting vaccinated is an individual part in helping the greater good of society getting rid of a pandemic. Not sure two individuals getting married can be construed the same way.
Maybe just a por choice of comparison.

Old 03-24-2021, 07:48 PM   #28
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Apples and oranges here. Getting vaccinated is an individual part in helping the greater good of society getting rid of a pandemic. Not sure two individuals getting married can be construed the same way.
Maybe just a por choice of comparison.
You’re wrong, Ross. It’s a personal choice whether or not it’s for the greater good. I’m all for people doing what they want to do, and for the record I’ve been fully vaccinated
for weeks. But I don’t expect others to get the vaccine if they’re not comfortable.
I also have some very liberal friends who refuse to get the vaccination because they’re afraid that it might have bad side effects in the future. I don’t tell them they’re stupid or inconsiderate of others. It’s their personal choice.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:58 PM   #29
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
You’re wrong, Ross. It’s a personal choice whether or not it’s for the greater good. I’m all for people doing what they want to do, and for the record I’ve been fully vaccinated
for weeks. But I don’t expect others to get the vaccine if they’re not comfortable.
I also have some very liberal friends who refuse to get the vaccination because they’re afraid that it might have bad side effects in the future. I don’t tell them they’re stupid or inconsiderate of others. It’s their personal choice.
I see your point, if I don't fully agree. But I do resent those who choose an (in)action that likely prolongs the pandemic for the whole.

Old 03-24-2021, 01:51 PM   #30
niko

Maybe the right dude just hasn’t asked you yet