Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 06-09-2006, 04:10 PM   #1
Skip N

Comcast-High deffinition

My old man just purchased a sweet new flat panel high def TV. High def is freakin amazing if you havent seen it yet. Anyway, as of know comcast only carries about a dozen channels in HD. Anyone in the know have any idea when ALL channels will be broadcast in HD via comcast?` Seems kinda lame they onny carry a handful of channels in HD. Whats up with that?? I meen, once you watch HD, everything non HD looks like crap!
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:37 PM   #2
jmonte45

Its not their fault....

I work for adelphia (soon to be comcast). Every channel will be digital or high-definition within a few years, per order of the F.C.C.. But if the channel itself doesn't broadcast their shows in H/D, the cable company can't send it out that way. That's why if you notice, channels 4,5,6, etc. only broadcast their shows in H/D after 8:00 or so, its because it costs more money to send it out that way. So they only choose to show them in H/D during primetime hours. Hopefully that helped.
jmonte45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 04:34 PM   #3
MakoMike

Look into the satellite services. I think they carry all the major networks in HD. The probalem is the the local stations don't broadcast much in HD so cable has nothing to carry. I think The sat services get the feed right from the networks.

****MakoMike****

Http://www.Makomania.net

Official S-B Sponsor
MakoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 06:39 AM   #4
protty31
Love em and leave em

Yea,it kind of sucks only having about 12 hd channels with comcast,but like skip said it truly is so much better than standard tv.Comcast adds channels once in a while.The other day they finally added espn2. Dish Network has I think 23 hd channels.What makes me mad is there are alot of channels that comcast carries that broadcast in hd,but they still don't offer them.From what I understand there will be alot more in the future.
protty31 is offline   Reply With Quote