Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
BMEUPSCOTTY

Thumbs up The Grinch...

... is on tonight, and I'll be the first to admit that I still enjoy the Christmas specials from my youth. (namely The Grinch, Merry Christmas Charlie Brown, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, the original Frosty, and Rudolph). Who here (over the age of 40) will admit the same? I don't get the same feeling at all from anything made after that era, which could be a generational thing. (I could have missed a classic or two from my list, and I will admit that I might give the new Spongebob special a try if it's on again.)

I still enjoy Christmas, and agree that it is MOSTLY for the kids, but I try VERY hard to not let the hustle and bustle turn ME into a Grinch. You will never catch me saying that I hate Christmas... It's not Christmas' fault that some retailers (as well as the types that don't want Christmas trees in public places, etc.) take away from the Christmas spirit that I enjoyed as a kid. I was lucky to have been adopted by a terrific family that, to this day, enjoys Christmas as much as the people in, say, an Old Navy commercial. Lots of people (understandably) prefer Thanksgiving to Christmas these days, with the focus on spending time with family and friends. Christmas for me was like Thanksgiving with presents, and I try to keep that spirit alive. I believe it's OK to let Christmas bring out the kid in all of us!
BMEUPSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote