Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-07-2021, 12:46 PM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
why is this a problem?

do you want to mandate that they get an injection that they may not want but mock them for taking something that they want to take?

maybe we should offer them clean needles and an injection site for deworming so it's safer...or something?
Majorities of Americans now favor businesses mandating proof of vaccination to travel by plane, stay in a hotel, attended crowded events, eat at restaurants and go to the office.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-07-2021, 01:20 PM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Why can't you answer the question?

The antifa/blm riots, and the January 6th riot, were both cases where a group of babies couldn't handle that they didn't get their way, and they threw a temper tantrum. They have that in common.

Do you think it's justified to shoot trespassers on sight? When they are women who are an intimidating 5'2", unarmed, and you give them no warning? We KNOW that's what happened to the one rioter who was killed, and NO ONE in the mainstream media is asking why she had to die.

All your pals in the media who said the Duke lacrosse players were guilty, who said Michael Brown was innocent, who said Nick Sandman was a skinhead, NONE of them asked any questions about why that woman was killed.

But when a black person is killed by a white cop, now that's a story that liberals will care about. If she was black and the cop who killed her was white, and if she was protesting on behalf of a liberal cause, the reaction would have been a lot different.

Please make that wrong.
She was former USAF security forces. There are LITERAL RED LINES around aircraft & base gates, weapons bunkers where she was authorized to shoot to kill if necessary. She decided to cross a Red Line to overthrow Democracy ... this was the result.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-07-2021, 01:44 PM   #33
wdmso

Quote:
Why can't you answer the question?

The antifa/blm riots, and the January 6th riot, were both cases where a group of babies couldn't handle that they didn't get their way, and they threw a temper tantrum. They have that in common.

Do you think it's justified to shoot trespassers on sight? When they are women who are an intimidating 5'2", unarmed, and you give them no warning? We KNOW that's what happened to the one rioter who was killed, and NO ONE in the mainstream media is asking why she had to die.

All your pals in the media who said the Duke lacrosse players were guilty, who said Michael Brown was innocent, who said Nick Sandman was a skinhead, NONE of them asked any questions about why that woman was killed.

But when a black person is killed by a white cop, now that's a story that liberals will care about. If she was black and the cop who killed her was white, and if she was protesting on behalf of a liberal cause, the reaction would have been a lot different.

Please make that wrong.

Jim I get it you think Jan 6th was no big deal just cry babies .. And babbitt was a hero . and it's all the media's fault ...

Classic
Old 09-07-2021, 01:50 PM   #34
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
And this link says its moving to the left
https://tennesseelookout.com/2020/12...ation-express/
This supports Jim's point. "moving to the left" means it's not there yet. And the tax policies and cost of living are still a result of "conservative" policies, not Democrat policies. And, yes, if enough Dems move there, and they continue to vote Democrat with the typical Democrat tax polices, and the state flips to Democrat, then it will "move to the left" and become like that from which they fled. Which is pretty stupid.

But maybe the transplanted Dems will wise up and force their party to copy some "conservative" tax and other policies and become more like JFK Democrats. Probably not.
Old 09-07-2021, 01:58 PM   #35
detbuch

Quote:
She was former USAF security forces. There are LITERAL RED LINES around aircraft & base gates, weapons bunkers where she was authorized to shoot to kill if necessary. She decided to cross a Red Line to overthrow Democracy ... this was the result.
You incorrigibly maintain your style of stretching, twisting, to the point of lying. A "Red Line"? And she decided to "overthrow Democracy"? You really believe that she wanted to "overthrow Democracy"? You don't think she believed that she wanted to save or restore Democracy?

Ahh . . . that's right . . . I forget . . . you read minds from afar . . . even after death.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:20 PM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You incorrigibly maintain your style of stretching, twisting, to the point of lying. A "Red Line"? And she decided to "overthrow Democracy"? You really believe that she wanted to "overthrow Democracy"? You don't think she believed that she wanted to save or restore Democracy?

Ahh . . . that's right . . . I forget . . . you read minds from afar . . . even after death.
Perhaps you can explain what the goal of smashing her way in and crawling through a broken window was?

Every one of the protesters would shoot me if I broke their door or window and was climbing through. Find me one who would not have stood their ground. I’ll wait.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-07-2021, 02:33 PM   #37
spence

So a violent mob is within seconds of breeching the last doors and having full access to the House Chamber. Two armed police officers have their weapons drawn, then lower them and is over run. The insurrectionists capture and injure many House members, some with life threatening injuries or even beaten to death.

Imagine how that would go on your yearly performance review.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:56 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So a violent mob is within seconds of breeching the last doors and having full access to the House Chamber. Two armed police officers have their weapons drawn, then lower them and is over run. The insurrectionists capture and injure many House members, some with life threatening injuries or even beaten to death.

which house members were captured and beaten to death?
Old 09-07-2021, 03:07 PM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
which house members were captured and beaten to death?
Luckily none, but listen to the tourists....ahh they were saying hang mike's pants....

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-07-2021, 03:09 PM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

as for my poor performance review, Id justly get fired.

how come your side doesn’t hold
antifa or blm rioters to the same standard?

even just the appearance of consistent standards, would
go a long, long way towards healing the divide. because what i see, is a huge double standard. what i see, are elected democrats in dc encouraging the unrest when the rioters are fighting for a liberal cause. there aren’t many who do that, but there are some. and there are very few prominent democrats who go in tv and tell blm/antifa to knock it off. what i see, is people
saying the summer riots were mostly peaceful. any objective analysis would say they were a lot less peaceful, than the conservative thugs who rioted on january 6. in terms of deaths and property damage, there’s absolutely no comparison. none.
Old 09-07-2021, 04:28 PM   #41
detbuch

Quote:
Perhaps you can explain what the goal of smashing her way in and crawling through a broken window was?

I don't have the power you seem to think you have of reading minds. Where do you get the notion that she was trying to "overthrow Democracy"? That's a very tall order. She was going to get rid of Democracy . . . by breaking through a window . . . unarmed? I'm fairly confident that Democracy would still be solidly around had she not been shot. So, what her specific, personal, goal was, I don't really know. And she's not available to answer that. From what the rioters seem to claim, they were trying to "stop the steal." It seems that they believed that Democracy was "overthrown" by election fraud. So it seems that in their minds they were trying to restore Democracy.

And there were probably other types who just wanted to create chaos for other reasons, political or ideological, from the "left" and "right."

Every one of the protesters would shoot me if I broke their door or window and was climbing through. Find me one who would not have stood their ground. I’ll wait.
Wait forever if that floats your boat. I haven't commented on whether she should have been, or deserved to be, shot. You, obviously, think she should have been shot and that she deserved it.

I don't have a strong opinion on that. It seemed to me to be a bit of an overreaction. But I don't have enough info to make any claims on whether she should or shouldn't have been shot. I kind of go along with Jim's supposition that if the officer were white and she were black, the left would probably have made a fuss about it. Maybe not. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.
Old 09-07-2021, 06:54 PM   #42
wdmso

[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1213744]as for my poor performance review, Id justly get fired.

Jim because we are not delusional.. but please keep running in a circle yelling what about Antifa and BLM

Ps get back to me when they try to overthrow the government based on a seditious lying Donald Trump the election was stolen nonsense

Also it’s odd cops killing unarmed citizens suddenly bothers you? Why is that .. ?
Old 09-07-2021, 07:09 PM   #43
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Wait forever if that floats your boat. I haven't commented on whether she should have been, or deserved to be, shot. You, obviously, think she should have been shot and that she deserved it.

I don't have a strong opinion on that. It seemed to me to be a bit of an overreaction. But I don't have enough info to make any claims on whether she should or shouldn't have been shot. I kind of go along with Jim's supposition that if the officer were white and she were black, the left would probably have made a fuss about it. Maybe not. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.
Of course because being the victim fits your narrative

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-07-2021, 07:29 PM   #44
detbuch

Quote:
Of course because being the victim fits your narrative
There you go with your phony labels. I never mentioned a "victim" nor did I say she was a "victim." But it's what you do. Conjecture, insinuate, label, lie.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:34 PM   #45
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=wdmso;1213751]
Quote:
as for my poor performance review, Id justly get fired.

Jim because we are not delusional.. but please keep running in a circle yelling what about Antifa and BLM

Ps get back to me when they try to overthrow the government based on a seditious lying Donald Trump the election was stolen nonsense

Also it’s odd cops killing unarmed citizens suddenly bothers you? Why is that .. ?
cops unjustly using force always bothers me. we agree on that. blacks murdered by other blacks in gang violence also bothers me, but not you. That’s the difference. show me a post where you decry urban violence in america, which literally takes thousands of times as many lives as white cops. but the left spends all their time talking about cops.

i addressed your question head in. can you show me the same courtesy?

what was their plan, exactly, to overthrow the government? it makes zero sense, there’s zero evidence that was their goal.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:49 PM   #46
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
There you go with your phony labels. I never mentioned a "victim" nor did I say she was a "victim." But it's what you do. Conjecture, insinuate, label, lie.
Then what was she, what was her objective and how did she hope to accomplish it by crawling through a broken window?
Just a tourist?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-07-2021, 07:53 PM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
Then what was she, what was her objective and how did she hope to accomplish it by crawling through a broken window?
Just a tourist?
she was a crybaby rioter. please provide ANY facts to show that this group had any kind of collective plan?

do you ever stop making gibberish up?
Old 09-07-2021, 07:54 PM   #48
Pete F.
Canceled

[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1213756]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

cops unjustly using force always bothers me. we agree on that. blacks murdered by other blacks in gang violence also bothers me, but not you. That’s the difference. show me a post where you decry urban violence in america, which literally takes thousands of times as many lives as white cops. but the left spends all their time talking about cops.

i addressed your question head in. can you show me the same courtesy?

what was their plan, exactly, to overthrow the government? it makes zero sense, there’s zero evidence that was their goal.
If that was not their goal, even though they chanted hang Mike Pence (odd, how a mob decided that) then perhaps you could explain the objective of the “tourists”?
Just a bunch of sightseers, wanting to assist the elected officials?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-07-2021, 07:56 PM   #49
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=Pete F.;1213760]
Quote:

If that was not their goal, even though they chanted hang Mike Pence (odd, how a mob decided that) then perhaps you could explain the objective of the “tourists”?
easy. their objective was too blow off steam and do some vandalism. i conclude that was their objective, based in the fact that this is what they did. there’s no evidence there was any kind of plan.

take off the tin foil hat
Old 09-07-2021, 08:00 PM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
she was a crybaby rioter. please provide ANY facts to show that this group had any kind of collective plan?

do you ever stop making gibberish up?
There are more than 600 people currently being prosecuted for breaking the law on January 6th, there’s a congressional committee investigating it and numerous investigations across the country into that day and the events preceding it.
The truth will come out, what are you and the rest of the Trumplicans so worried about?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-07-2021, 08:00 PM   #51
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=Pete F.;1213760]
Quote:

how come you’ve never called out liberal rioters who cha t for dead cops? how come you give liberal
rioters a pass, but hold
the capital rioters to a completely different standard?

which mob killed more people, destroyed more property? antifa/blm, or the capital
rioters?

in one of the liberal riots, they doused a police station with gas and tried to set it on fire, after barricading cops inside. you never, ever called them out.
Old 09-07-2021, 08:18 PM   #52
Pete F.
Canceled

[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1213763]
Quote:

how come you’ve never called out liberal rioters who cha t for dead cops? how come you give liberal
rioters a pass, but hold
the capital rioters to a completely different standard?

which mob killed more people, destroyed more property? antifa/blm, or the capital
rioters?

in one of the liberal riots, they doused a police station with gas and tried to set it on fire, after barricading cops inside. you never, ever called them out.
Let’s see, one wants police prosecuted for what they see as illegal executions and the others want to stop the legitimate functions of our elected officials
But what about…….

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-07-2021, 08:31 PM   #53
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=Pete F.;1213764]
Quote:

Let’s see, one wants police prosecuted for what they see as illegal executions and the others want to stop the legitimate functions of our elected officials
But what about…….
they chanted dead cops. not “prosecute the bad apples to the fullest extent of the law.”

i forgot what a shameless
liar you are. back to blocked.
Old 09-07-2021, 08:51 PM   #54
Pete F.
Canceled

Weak man, runs when his false equivalents are exposed
Old 09-07-2021, 09:46 PM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1213767]
Quote:

they chanted dead cops. not “prosecute the bad apples to the fullest extent of the law.”

i forgot what a shameless
liar you are. back to blocked.
As usual you twist words to fit your narrative and put it in quotes, then call me a liar
SAD

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-07-2021, 11:04 PM   #56
detbuch

Quote:
Just a tourist?
I can't claim to know for sure what her objective was. She was probably misled into thinking that the rioters were going to somehow convince everybody that the election was stolen. Probably caught up in the enthusiasm for such an outcome, actually thinking that would happen. If so, she was obviously naive. But to claim that her goal was to "overthrow Democracy" is hyperbolic characterization most likely meant to paint her as an "insurrectionist" who was a hair's breath of overthrowing the government rather than a foolish rioter. Even your implication that she broke the window and smashed her way in is not correct. The window had already been removed and she didn't smash anything--other than her hope of seeing any kind of new victorious day, or any day at all.
Old 09-08-2021, 05:58 AM   #57
Jim in CT

Quote:
I can't claim to know for sure what her objective was. She was probably misled into thinking that the rioters were going to somehow convince everybody that the election was stolen. Probably caught up in the enthusiasm for such an outcome, actually thinking that would happen. If so, she was obviously naive. But to claim that her goal was to "overthrow Democracy" is hyperbolic characterization most likely meant to paint her as an "insurrectionist" who was a hair's breath of overthrowing the government rather than a foolish rioter. Even your implication that she broke the window and smashed her way in is not correct. The window had already been removed and she didn't smash anything--other than her hope of seeing any kind of new victorious day, or any day at all.
and it’s ok when conservative rioters get shot to death by police without warning. it’s only a big deal when same happens to liberal rioters. if she was protesting for a liberal cause, we’d all know every detail
of what happened. as it is, no one in the media bothered to ask any questions, simply reporting she was an insurrectionist who got exactly what was coming to her.
Old 09-08-2021, 06:10 AM   #58
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

If a group of drunk thieves are breaking into your home in spite of your warning your armed, you can protect yourself and your home by firing your weapon. This was a mob of angry rioters who refused warnings to stand down and were threatening to kill people, I think it is ridiculous the right is making her our to be an innocent victim. I also think it’s ridiculous for Jim or anyone else on this thread to ask anyone here to show them proof of any organized attempt to overthrow the government, what are we the FBI, the CIA, or inside the investigation ongoing? I think the jury is out, but Kevin Macarthy and others are fighting hard to avoid giving up their phone records, they probably have much to do with inciting the effort to support the big lie and push the weak minded sheep to the 6th effort to stop the steel.
Old 09-08-2021, 06:18 AM   #59
Pete F.
Canceled

I am looking forward to the "Jan 6th was a completely spontaneous demonstration of patriotism, not an attempt to overthrow the government, completely unrelated to today's identical demonstrations in Brazil attempting to overthrow the government, organized by the same people."
Old 09-08-2021, 06:46 AM   #60
Pete F.
Canceled

"The president bears responsibility for Wednesday's attack on Congress by mob rioters. He should have immediately denounced the mob when he saw what was unfolding...And a fact-finding commission would be prudent."
-- Kevin McCarthy, January 13, 2021