Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-16-2021, 07:48 PM   #61
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
So if you would have shot him, why did you bring the gun? You claimed that shooting him would be self defense. Did you bring the gun to defend yourself?
As I understand it, I have the right to arm myself and that is an unalienable right.
Do you think that is bad?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-16-2021, 07:50 PM   #62
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
As I understand it, I have the right to arm myself and that is an inalienable right.
Do you think that is bad?
I think Rittenhouse would agree with you. And would believe he has the same right.
Old 11-16-2021, 07:55 PM   #63
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I think Rittenhouse would agree with you. And would believe he has the same right.
That’s what you think his answer would be, what’s yours?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-16-2021, 07:59 PM   #64
detbuch

Quote:
The evidence presented in the trial, in my opinion, validates his claim of self-defense.
Old 11-16-2021, 08:14 PM   #65
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:

Let me guess.
Someone attacks you & threaten your life will fight back with kindness
And if that doesn’t work you will fight back with your Dildo or your Bong.
Old 11-16-2021, 08:37 PM   #66
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Let me guess.
Someone attacks you & threaten your life will fight back with kindness
And if that doesn’t work you will fight back with your Dildo or your Bong.
Ah well, as they say FAFO

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-16-2021, 09:20 PM   #67
Raider Ronnie

This should cause a few to loose sleep tonight
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15E9F158-3C28-4C8D-AEF9-A15CC3C557D4.jpeg
Views:	106
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	68562  
Old 11-17-2021, 06:33 AM   #68
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
It's a reference to an old marketing campaign by Holiday Inn Express

"I didn't know you were a surgeon"
"I'm not, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night."

it was his attempt at Humor and Sarcasm but it fell flat because the delivery was terrible, he really should stick to his nonsensical ramblings and let the professionals handle the Sarcasm
No it fell flat because those 2 are disconnected with anything current or mainstream … and the inability to do a 1second google search LOL
Old 11-17-2021, 06:51 AM   #69
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
No it fell flat because those 2 are disconnected with anything current or mainstream … and the inability to do a 1second google search LOL
i’m proud to be disconnected from most of what’s current and mainstream. You can keep most of what you’d call current and mainstream.

You ended with LOL, that was a great zinger there at the end.

As for “current”, I just googled it, when was the last time those commercials ran?

Finally wayne, we assume that reference was your attempt to poke fun at us for weighing in in things outside our lane. Isn’t that pretty much what we, including you, do all the time here?

unless the listings about keeping prisoners in line, or about the math behind insurance, you and i are both posting about things that we aren’t professional
experts at.

in your case, you do it with astonishing thoughtlessness. Every single person here, knows exactly what you’re going to say before you say it, on every single issue. Every single time, no exceptions, not once, not ever. The liberal is always right, and when you know you can’t respond to what was said, respond
to something no one said.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-17-2021 at 06:56 AM..
Old 11-17-2021, 06:59 AM   #70
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Ashli Babbitt should not have been killed as a rioter while breaking into the Speakers' Lobby at the Capitol"

Whose life did Ashley Babbitt put in imminent danger?

"Kyle Rittenhouse is hailed as a hero for killing rioters "

Who said this?

Loosen the straps on the tin foil hat, buddy.
Whose life did Ashley Babbitt put in imminent danger?

Jim you can’t have if it both ways upset when one of your MAGA hero’s is shot

By a trained police officer who felt the threat was reasonable

But demand it reasonable that a child shoots a man 4 times who threw a empty trash bag at him ? Who injected himself into the chaos

We’re the people who chased down the jogger justified when he grab their gun . To claim self defense ..?

This Wild West mentality of conservatives seems only acceptable if the shooter support their ideas .. Kyle is just what Trump and his followers wanted to mobilize in Kenosha and in Portland..and across the United States all they got was a child until they lost the election then the rest decided to make an appearance

I have no dog in this fight the jury will decide .. and that’s that

I may agree or disagree with the verdict. But that’s how our system of justice works..

And I expect to see the usual comments from both sides blaming something or someone when they decide
Old 11-17-2021, 07:24 AM   #71
wdmso

i’m proud to be disconnected from most of what’s current and mainstream. You can keep most of what you’d call current and mainstream.

As I’ve said you’ve been radicalized by the the honey poured in your ear from you sources and inbox .. far from the free thinker you attempt to present yourself as.. you spew the most Hate on this site … you get upset because your endless posts get push back .. and that upsetting you think every response is just about you your myopic unable to see the larger conversations going on in the nation …. I acknowledge I never been able to convey my thoughts on papers I suck at it.. However I don’t try to see the world as I wish it was.. I see the world as it .. because I’ve actually seen the the world to include the good bad and the ugly . And that’s served me better than a A in creative writing
Old 11-17-2021, 07:56 AM   #72
Jim in CT

Quote:

As I’ve said you’ve been radicalized by the the honey poured in your ear from you sources and inbox .. far from the free thinker you attempt to present yourself as.. you spew the most Hate on this site … you get upset because your endless posts get push back .. and that upsetting you think every response is just about you your myopic unable to see the larger conversations going on in the nation …. I acknowledge I never been able to convey my thoughts on papers I suck at it.. However I don’t try to see the world as I wish it was.. I see the world as it .. because I’ve actually seen the the world to include the good bad and the ugly . And that’s served me better than a A in creative writing
"As I’ve said you’ve been radicalized"

Right, the one who can praise and criticize both sides is the radical, not the one who refuses to ever concede the other side can ever have a good point on anything.

"you spew the most Hate on this site"

Nonsense, I respond to vileness after someone else engages in it.

"you get upset because your endless posts get push back"

Nonsense, I respond when you claim I said something I never came close to saying. You and Pete do it every day.

"I see the world as it is"

Seriously? You keep saying that Rittenhouse is my hero, and that I condone everything he did. "See the world as it is"? Wayne, you can't get through a single thread without completely lying about what it is that conservatives say.

You said maybe a month ago that Republicans are incapable of doing anything for other Americans. I believe that you sincerely believe that. And it's stupid, it's demonstrably false. The data show that there is very little difference in generosity between conservatives and liberals, and to the extent there is a difference, it suggests conservatives are more charitable, even though they have lower average incomes.

You see the world as CNN tells you it is. That's a far, far cry from seeing the world as it is.

We'd get along great if you could just respond to what I actually say, rather than accusing me of being a Trumplican who thinks Rittenhouse is a hero and all the other nonsensical craziness you claim that I say.

Sincerely, have a great day. Beautiful day today. Taking my golden for a long walk.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-17-2021 at 08:36 AM..
Old 11-17-2021, 08:00 AM   #73
scottw

Quote:

i’m proud to be disconnected

Old 11-17-2021, 08:01 AM   #74
scottw

Quote:

As I’ve said you’ve been radicalized by the the honey poured in your ear from you sources and inbox .. far from the free thinker you attempt to present yourself as..

have you looked in the mirror?
Old 11-17-2021, 09:08 AM   #75
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

Glad to see you’ve abandoned the sarcasm and went back to your nonsensical ramblings.

You do you, know your limitations

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-18-2021, 10:02 AM   #76
Raider Ronnie

Funny how the fake media makes up lies like the kid crossed state lines with the gun & should never have been in Kenosha.
Turns out his father lives there, the kid is there all the time as well as where his mother lives.
The gun was also stored at his fathers house.
Old 11-18-2021, 07:52 PM   #77
Pete F.
Canceled

Matt Gaetz wants to hire Kyle Rittenhouse as a congressional intern.
I'm pretty sure that Matt Gaetz is looking for a wingman to find teenage girls, not an intern.
Old 11-18-2021, 08:19 PM   #78
detbuch

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that Matt Gaetz is looking for a wingman to find teenage girls, not an intern.
Not that it matters much to me, but I hope you're not as nasty outside this forum as you are in it.
Old 11-20-2021, 02:36 PM   #79
spence

Quote:
He’s got competition with his douchebag in crime Gosar.

It’s pretty sickening, kid obtains a firearm illegally, uses it in display of mind-bending reckless manner, kills people and they want to celebrate him as a hero. Just because he was acquitted of federal charges doesn’t mean he’s not a lessen for what wrong looks like.

Looks like civil charges are likely.
Old 11-20-2021, 03:41 PM   #80
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
He’s got competition with his douchebag in crime Gosar.

It’s pretty sickening, kid obtains a firearm illegally, uses it in display of mind-bending reckless manner, kills people and they want to celebrate him as a hero. Just because he was acquitted of federal charges doesn’t mean he’s not a lessen for what wrong looks like.

Looks like civil charges are likely.
you talking about rittenhouse? that’s so off, it’s hard to tell? what federal charges? what laws were broken to obtain the firearm?

he’s no hero. but he is a victim of your sides deranged slander cartel, and he’s going to be win a ton in defamation suits. but you say no, and obviously you know
more than alan dershowitz on the subject of tort law. you’re never stupidly wrong

if you’re not talking about rittenhouse, and again your points were so wrong on the rittenhouse facts you may not have been, i apologize

if you were talking about rittenhouse TDF was correct to ask if you are the dictionary definition of wrong.
Old 11-20-2021, 04:40 PM   #81
spence

Quote:
you talking about rittenhouse? that’s so off, it’s hard to tell? what federal charges? what laws were broken to obtain the firearm?
Meant felony charges. His firearm was purchased through a straw man because he wasn’t old enough at the time. I believe that trial begins soon and his buddy may be in deep do do.
Old 11-20-2021, 05:02 PM   #82
scottw

Quote:
Meant felony charges. His firearm was purchased through a straw man because he wasn’t old enough at the time. I believe that trial begins soon and his buddy may be in deep do do.
Grabbing at straws
Old 11-20-2021, 05:04 PM   #83
scottw

Quote:

Just because he was acquitted of federal charges doesn’t mean he’s not a lessen for what wrong looks like.

Your posts are what wrong looks like
Old 11-20-2021, 05:45 PM   #84
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Your posts are what wrong looks like
rittenhouse is going to have to build a bank to put the proceeds from his libel suits. they wanted to win a presidential
we too. so badly, they were going to smear this kid to the point where it jeopardizes his entire life. and they’re going to answer for it this time.
Old 11-20-2021, 05:52 PM   #85
spence

Quote:
rittenhouse is going to have to build a bank to put the proceeds from his libel suits. they wanted to win a presidential
we too. so badly, they were going to smear this kid to the point where it jeopardizes his entire life. and they’re going to answer for it this time.
Who is he going to sue for libel???
Old 11-20-2021, 06:27 PM   #86
Jim in CT

Quote:
Who is he going to sue for libel???
everyone who called him a white supremacist, everyone who said he illegally transported a rifle across state lines, anyone who spewed lies that were knowable as lies. that’s the standard. it’s not a good situation for
msnbc and cnn to be in.

i’m sure you doubted Sandmann would get anything. because to you, liberals cannot be wrong. what they did to this kid was way way way worse. they tried to deny him a life, so that they could beat trump. f-ck them.

republicans have had enough. lawyers will be lined up
to represent him for fee in the suits that are coming.
Old 11-20-2021, 06:42 PM   #87
spence

Quote:
everyone who called him a white supremacist, everyone who said he illegally transported a rifle across state lines, anyone who spewed lies that were knowable as lies. that’s the standard. it’s not a good situation for
msnbc and cnn to be in.
He’s going to get nothing aside from maybe a civil conviction on lesser charges.
Old 11-20-2021, 06:47 PM   #88
Jim in CT

Quote:
He’s going to get nothing aside from maybe a civil conviction on lesser charges.
your instinct is to deny that your side did anything wrong. despite experts saying he’s got great claims.

you know more about everything, then everyone. and every single opinion is the same. liberal=good.

i took a screen shot if you saying he’s not going to get
anything. when he buys his own pacific archipelago, i’ll repost it for you.

your side shot themselves in the foot here. we all saw the way this was spun, and then we all
saw the facts at trial . and we all
saw the reaction yesterday.

it was sick stuff. but it gives you that tingle you crave.
Old 11-21-2021, 06:03 AM   #89
scottw

there they go throwing urine again...nice people

(CNN)Protests broke out around the country Friday after a jury in Kenosha, Wisconsin, found Kyle Rittenhouse not guilty in the shooting deaths of two people during protests there last year.

In New York, demonstrators shut down the Brooklyn Bridge, and in Portland, Oregon, they forced open a jail gate, prompting the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office to declare a riot.
"The crowd, which was described as hostile, launched urine, alcoholic beverages, water bottles and batteries at deputies during the event," the sheriff's office said in a press release early Saturday morning.

At around 7:30 pm Friday, members of a crowd dressed in black to obscure their identities spray-painted the Justice Center. People chanted “Rittenhouse is guilty!” and “Kyle is a terrorist!” to the accompaniment of drums.

the same people that have been terrorizing that city for over a year and a half chanting "Kyle is a terrorist"....this is precious
Old 11-21-2021, 03:12 PM   #90
spence

Quote:
your instinct is to deny that your side did anything wrong. despite experts saying he’s got great claims.
I don't really ascribe to any sides, you know this.

Quote:
you know more about everything, then everyone. and every single opinion is the same. liberal=good.
The thing is the jury was acting on a very narrow set of charges with very specific rules and the judge made it even more difficult for the prosecuting by not allowing evidence of the broader situation. Because he was acquitted of those 5 counts does not mean he is innocent. I'm curious what lesser charges might have been considered and not acted on.