Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-21-2021, 03:24 PM   #91
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don't really ascribe to any sides, you know this.
did you really type that with a straight face?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-21-2021, 04:30 PM   #92
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
he has said he’s not a liberal. he also admitted there’s not a single policy issue, on which he disagrees with liberals.
Old 11-21-2021, 04:38 PM   #93
Jim in CT

Quote:

The thing is the jury was acting on a very narrow set of charges with very specific rules and the judge made it even more difficult for the prosecuting by not allowing evidence of the broader situation. Because he was acquitted of those 5 counts does not mean he is innocent. I'm curious what lesser charges might have been considered and not acted on.
he killed those people. there’s no argument to be made he broke a law. you are now to the left of chris cuomo, who is saying he didn’t break any laws as written.

you’re right, there’s a very narrow set of circumstances under which you can kill someone and not deserve prison. this was one of those times.

the way your side ( and every single person who ever spoke to you knows what side you’re on) handled this, is going to hurt them. and they absolutely deserve it. they deserve to suffer for what they did to this kid. he was 17. they tried to ruin his life, which was a small price to pay to help improve the chances of beating trump. and they will suffer. ratings will drop on the stations where you get indoctrinated, people
will donate to the gop, polling will
continue to look good for the gop.

covid cases? dropping in FL, increasing in northern blue states. but nothing to see there . only republican governors are to blame for spiking covid cases, right?
Old 11-21-2021, 05:08 PM   #94
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
he also admitted there’s not a single policy issue, on which he disagrees with liberals.
I've never said this.
Old 11-21-2021, 05:29 PM   #95
Jim in CT

Quote:
I've never said this.
the hell you didn’t!

the closest you’d
come to disagreeing with the liberals, you said, was “peace through strength.”

since there is no liberal position of “peace through weakness”, that’s means that there’s not a single actual policy issue in which you disagree with liberalism.

am i wrong? fine. tell us which official democrat policy position held by liberals today, that you think is 100% wrong, and on which you agree 100% with republicans.
Old 11-21-2021, 05:56 PM   #96
scottw

Quote:

Posted from my Hillary Shrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

Quote:

This is perhaps the most deranged thing I’ve ever posted here.
Posted from my Hillary Shrine

it qualifies....

Last edited by scottw; 11-21-2021 at 06:37 PM..
Old 11-22-2021, 09:37 AM   #97
wdmso

I saw this on Newsmax. And it sums up the GOP and their response to this trial

“But an acquittal does not make a foolish man a hero. A political movement that turns a deadly and ineffective vigilante into a role model is a movement that is courting more violence and encouraging more young men to recklessly brandish weapons in dangerous places, and that will spill more blood in America’s streets.”
Old 11-22-2021, 10:26 AM   #98
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I saw this on Newsmax. And it sums up the GOP and their response to this trial

“But an acquittal does not make a foolish man a hero. A political movement that turns a deadly and ineffective vigilante into a role model is a movement that is courting more violence and encouraging more young men to recklessly brandish weapons in dangerous places, and that will spill more blood in America’s streets.”
yes the entire gop is telling 17 year olds everywhere to charge into riots with ar-15s. that’s what we’re all saying.

and no prominent democrats did anything to support the violent rioters hat whole summer wayne?

you have no problem with riots that resulted in actual murders, god knows how many billions in property damage, with sometimes explicit encouragement from prominent democrats. chris cuomo said on national tv, “show me where it says protests have to be peaceful?”. ( hey dummy, it says exactly that in every criminal code ever written).

none of that concerns you at all.

most republicans aren’t celebrating what rittenhouse did ( defending it, isn’t celebrating it). what we are celebrating, is the relief we felt at knowing that our system of justice stood up to your sides baseless, horribly dishonest, liberal bloodlust aimed at a child.

your side humiliated themselves again, and they never deserved it more than with what they tried to do to this kid. they will pay. they’ll pay in civil court, and they’ll pay at the polls. you showed america what you’re capable of. let’s see how america responds. recent polling seems to be consistently saying that america doesn’t like whet it’s seeing.

a guy who you aren’t threatening in
any way, points a gun at your face from 5 feet away, and that’s not self defense? we have to have that conversation? seriously?

a guy who says “i’m going to kill you” and tries to wrestle your gun away from you, and you’ve done absolutely nothing to that guy, and that’s not a threat wayne?

what bothers me is the guy with the skateboard. he may have actually thought he was trying to subdue a murderer. his motives may have been decent. but when you look at it from rittenhouses perspective, it’s still clearly self defense.

that’s why riots are bad, and encouraging rioters for political gain, is also dangerous.
Old 11-22-2021, 11:06 AM   #99
wdmso

Quote:
yes the entire gop is telling 17 year olds everywhere to charge into riots with ar-15s. that’s what we’re all saying.

and no prominent democrats did anything to support the violent rioters hat whole summer wayne?

you have no problem with riots that resulted in actual murders, god knows how many billions in property damage, with sometimes explicit encouragement from prominent democrats. chris cuomo said on national tv, “show me where it says protests have to be peaceful?”. ( hey dummy, it says exactly that in every criminal code ever written).

none of that concerns you at all.

most republicans aren’t celebrating what rittenhouse did ( defending it, isn’t celebrating it). what we are celebrating, is the relief we felt at knowing that our system of justice stood up to your sides baseless, horribly dishonest, liberal bloodlust aimed at a child.

your side humiliated themselves again, and they never deserved it more than with what they tried to do to this kid. they will pay. they’ll pay in civil court, and they’ll pay at the polls. you showed america what you’re capable of. let’s see how america responds. recent polling seems to be consistently saying that america doesn’t like whet it’s seeing.

a guy who you aren’t threatening in
any way, points a gun at your face from 5 feet away, and that’s not self defense? we have to have that conversation? seriously?

a guy who says “i’m going to kill you” and tries to wrestle your gun away from you, and you’ve done absolutely nothing to that guy, and that’s not a threat wayne?

what bothers me is the guy with the skateboard. he may have actually thought he was trying to subdue a murderer. his motives may have been decent. but when you look at it from rittenhouses perspective, it’s still clearly self defense.

that’s why riots are bad, and encouraging rioters for political gain, is also dangerous.
Keep convincing yourself their not celebrating

Gym Jordon I think it's a win for our country. Really

Rep. Madison Cawthorn of North Carolina told supporters in a video that “you have a right to defend yourself” and advised them to “be armed, be dangerous and be moral.”

Rittenhouse an instant conservative celebrity. His mother received a standing ovation at a Republican Party dinner last year in Waukesha County, Wisconsin, a month after the shooting.

His own attorney has criticised Republican lawmakers he has accused of trying to capitalise on his client and has called their behaviour “disgusting”.

But you don’t see celebrating you call in defending ya ok
Old 11-22-2021, 11:09 AM   #100
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Rep. Madison Cawthorn of North Carolina told supporters in a video that “you have a right to defend yourself”

this is disgusting....what is wrong with him??!!
Old 11-22-2021, 11:30 AM   #101
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is disgusting....what is wrong with him??!!
doesn’t Cawthorn know that conservatives (and cops too) are just supposed to stand there and let others kill us?
Old 11-22-2021, 02:05 PM   #102
Pete F.
Canceled

I’m not a fan of Congresswoman Ilhan Omar but can you imagine what would be the reaction on Fox News if she told her supporters “be armed, be dangerous” as GOP Congressman Madison Cawthorn did?
Old 11-22-2021, 02:47 PM   #103
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I’m not a fan of Congresswoman Ilhan Omar but can you imagine what would be the reaction on Fox News if she told her supporters “be armed, be dangerous” as GOP Congressman Madison Cawthorn did?

"Kyle Rittenhouse is not guilty, my friends. You have a right to defend yourself," Cawthorn said in a video posted Friday to his Instagram stories. "Be armed, be dangerous, be moral."

this is probably good advise when dealing with unruly rioters with violent criminal histories who are attacking you.....
Old 11-22-2021, 03:10 PM   #104
Jim in CT

CBS said yesterday that he illegally transported the rifle across state lines. They had to correct that.

They're not even trying to hide what they're trying to accomplish. STILL spreading lies.
Old 11-22-2021, 03:12 PM   #105
Jim in CT

Quote:
"Kyle Rittenhouse is not guilty, my friends. You have a right to defend yourself," Cawthorn said in a video posted Friday to his Instagram stories. "Be armed, be dangerous, be moral."

Oh, Pete edited that, to leave out the imperative to "be moral"? Gee, I wonder why Pete edited it that way.

There's liberalism. Right. There.

Pete, I'd just LOVE IT if you'd explain why you left out the part where Hawthorn said to also be moral?
Old 11-22-2021, 05:40 PM   #106
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Oh, Pete edited that, to leave out the imperative to "be moral"? Gee, I wonder why Pete edited it that way.

There's liberalism. Right. There.

Pete, I'd just LOVE IT if you'd explain why you left out the part where Hawthorn said to also be moral?

You’re claiming that Hawthorn is a moral authority?

Quite comical coming from a guy who doesn’t care if his leaders even have morals, only that they’re billionaires or close.

Maybe your kid can be a moral y’all queda hero like Kyle

Would he make Dad proud?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-22-2021, 05:44 PM   #107
Jim in CT

Quote:
You’re claiming that Hawthorn is a moral authority?

Quite comical coming from a guy who doesn’t care if his leaders even have morals, only that they’re billionaires or close.

Maybe your kid can be a moral y’all queda hero like Kyle

Would he make Dad proud?
I'm claiming that he said what he said. Like a good liberal, you very deceptively edited what he said, to make it easier for your deranged intellect to respond to.

Why did you leave out the part where he asked people to "be moral"?

Maybe he's not a moral authority, but he's not the national armorer either. So if you don't take him seriously when he says "be moral", why do you take him literally when he said to be armed?

You're a liar. You got caught red-handed, with exactly zero room for deniability. Z-e-r-o.

Bitch. Slapped.
Old 11-22-2021, 05:50 PM   #108
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I'm claiming that he said what he said. Like a good liberal, you very deceptively edited what he said, to make it easier for your deranged intellect to respond to.

Why did you leave out the part where he asked people to "be moral"?

Maybe he's not a moral authority, but he's not the national armorer either. So if you don't take him seriously when he says "be moral", why do you take him literally when he said to be armed?

You're a liar. You got caught red-handed, with exactly zero room for deniability. Z-e-r-o.

Bitch. Slapped.
You didn’t catch me doing anything, little girl, perhaps you can explain the moral imperatives of Kyle killing two people, just something Jesus would do?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-22-2021, 05:58 PM   #109
scottw

Quote:

perhaps you can explain the moral imperatives of Kyle killing two people, just something Jesus would do?
well, Jesus probably wouldn't have a gun...but if you happen to have a gun...and crazy people attack you...you get to shoot them...it's their fault...they asked for it...
Old 11-22-2021, 06:17 PM   #110
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
well, Jesus probably wouldn't have a gun...but if you happen to have a gun...and crazy people attack you...you get to shoot them...it's their fault...they asked for it...
Maybe if he had a gun, his government wouldn’t have killed him.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-22-2021, 06:55 PM   #111
Jim in CT

Quote:
You didn’t catch me doing anything, little girl, perhaps you can explain the moral imperatives of Kyle killing two people, just something Jesus would do?
oh my god you’re a lunatic. so self defense is immoral?

guy caught red handed in a lie, and you’re coming un- glued.
Old 11-22-2021, 07:39 PM   #112
Pete F.
Canceled

If a black guy walked into Kenosha from out of town with an assault rifle and killed two people while severely wounding another we would have had a very different verdict.
Old 11-22-2021, 07:54 PM   #113
Jim in CT

Quote:
If a black guy walked into Kenosha from out of town with an assault rifle and killed two people while severely wounding another we would have had a very different verdict.
that’s all you got?

Tell that story to OJ Simpson.

broke brain. you got broke brain.

Old 11-22-2021, 08:00 PM   #114
Jim in CT

Quote:
so you’re best zinger comeback is:

“if the facts were different, I bet you wouldn’t like the outcome!”

i’m not saying there aren’t serious racial inequalities in the criminal
justice system ( and guess who advocated for criminal justice reform which blacks have been begging for, for decades? did obama
do it when his side controlled the legislature? or was it trump?).

the solution, isnt to
increase the wrongful convictions of whites.

this case never should have some to trial, like everything else that’s happened lately it’s completely blown up in the liberals faces. and your side hasn’t begun to pay yet. f this vehicular rampage is believed to be retaliation for Rittenhouse ( no evidence of that, but it’s a heck of a coincidence, and you don’t aim for people if you’re fleeing a prior crime scene) the rights reaction will be volcanic.
Old 11-22-2021, 08:07 PM   #115
Pete F.
Canceled

So just what is the right wing media making out of that, an attack on Christmas?
Be very afraid
Old 11-23-2021, 07:00 AM   #116
Jim in CT

Quote:
So just what is the right wing media making out of that, an attack on Christmas?
Be very afraid
right now, unlike what the lefty media does, the right wing media is reporting what is happening. as far as i know, they aren’t jumping to dangerous but politically convenient conclusions like the entire left did with Rittenhouse. they aren’t telling conservatives that liberals have declared war, which is how cnn and msnbc spun the rittenhouse tragedy.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:05 AM   #117
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
I hope this kid sues everyone involved for everything they have, starting with Joe Biden
Old 11-23-2021, 08:47 AM   #118
scottw

Quote:

unlike what the lefty media does
this is a good one....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	259098638_439271070900934_3781124968625681301_n.jpeg
Views:	110
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	68581  
Old 11-23-2021, 09:19 AM   #119
Jim in CT

Quote:
this is a good one....
saw that.

that’s about all you need to know. same person, two messages, ten days apart.

deflect the bad news, give him ( and our pal china!) credit for the good news.
Old 11-23-2021, 04:54 PM   #120
spence

Quote:
saw that.

that’s about all you need to know. same person, two messages, ten days apart.

deflect the bad news, give him ( and our pal china!) credit for the good news.
I actually took the time to read both articles. There's no contradiction. She is reporting on two interviews with different industry experts on two related subjects.