Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-30-2021, 03:17 PM   #1
wdmso

Trump

Former President Donald Trump decried the lack of "takers" for his challenge for a televised debate over the results of the 2020 election.

His comments came in a statement issued through his Save America PAC on Tuesday.

He said: "It’s really interesting, everybody wants me on television, I get the highest ratings by far, they need ratings to survive, and yet I put out a challenge to debate me about the massive election fraud, which took place in the 2020 presidential election, and there are no takers — think of it, zero takers for the so-called 'ratings machine.'

"The reason is, they know they can’t win. All I have to do is lay out the facts — they are irrefutable. I’ve supposedly won all my political debates, but this would be the easiest of them all!

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/tru...CommentSection

BUt But Biden seen with out a Mask
Old 11-30-2021, 04:01 PM   #2
Jim in CT

This may be a stretch for you, but two things can be true at once.

First, Trump is a morally bankrupt, unbelievably obnoxious egomaniac.

Second, our sitting POTUS violated his own suggestions, as well as local guidelines and a sign on the door, by taking his mask off.

Both of those things can be true at the same time. Nobody said that a maskless Biden was a huge, massive story.

Jeesh. You're doing more damage control on this, than Bidens team is doing. It's not a big deal, it was a minor, minor gaffe that has bad optics.

but Trump!

When do you stop responding to all Biden criticism, with "but Trump..."? What's the statute of limitations on that?
Old 12-01-2021, 08:21 AM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
This may be a stretch for you, but two things can be true at once.

First, Trump is a morally bankrupt, unbelievably obnoxious egomaniac.

Second, our sitting POTUS violated his own suggestions, as well as local guidelines and a sign on the door, by taking his mask off.

Both of those things can be true at the same time. Nobody said that a maskless Biden was a huge, massive story.

Jeesh. You're doing more damage control on this, than Bidens team is doing. It's not a big deal, it was a minor, minor gaffe that has bad optics.

but Trump!

When do you stop responding to all Biden criticism, with "but Trump..."? What's the statute of limitations on that?

Only you have the ability to these 2 issues as the same it’s a gift you have

As I have said I look at Biden’s history of wearing a mask ..

and as someone who wore a mask on a Trip to California! even as the perfect liberal you think I am.

A few times i removed my mask to drink or eat . And I made the cardinal sin like Biden , I forgot to instantly put it back on!

Offending many conservatives like your self and many conservatives Who refuse to wear a mask to begin with

But seems You can’t see the Irony

In you Faux outrage

Taking a snap shot in time twisting it into 5 pages of out rage …
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-01-2021, 08:26 AM   #4
wdmso

Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday released a statement criticizing Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., for "abandoning her former country," as a child and repeating a conspiracy theory that her ex-husband is her brother.

"Congresswoman Ilhan Omar should apologize for marrying her brother, committing large-scale immigration and election fraud,

Let me guess Nothing xenophobic or islamophobic in that statement just the facts LOL
Old 12-01-2021, 08:42 AM   #5
scottw

^^^^^^^
Quote:

but Trump!

never
Old 12-01-2021, 08:44 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
^^^^^^^

never
why stop at trump? why not point out all the mistakes made by Martin Van Buren while we’re at it?
Old 12-01-2021, 08:47 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Taking a snap shot in time twisting it into 5 pages of out rage …

everyone is laughing at him because he's a hypocritical dope...how is that outrage?...it's amusement....you seem outraged over our amusement
Old 12-01-2021, 09:30 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
everyone is laughing at him because he's a hypocritical dope...how is that outrage?...it's amusement....you seem outraged over our amusement
as we said, they have no sense of humor, and for sure zero ability to laugh at themselves.
Old 12-01-2021, 11:35 AM   #9
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
as we said, they have no sense of humor, and for sure zero ability to laugh at themselves.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-01-2021, 11:38 AM   #10
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

Actually most just think that the people who chant that stupid phrase are barely capable of forming a cohesive sentence structure and are not expecting much more.
Old 12-01-2021, 12:49 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

exactly. where we respond with laughter, their only response is to spit hate.

it says a lot that one side has a sense of humor and the other has none.
Old 12-01-2021, 12:52 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Actually most just think that the people who chant that stupid phrase are barely capable of forming a cohesive sentence structure and are not expecting much more.
you think that. doesn’t mean anyone else does.

ron desantis and dan crenshaw have degrees from harvard, and both use that phrase with humor.

it’s hysterical. the crowd was obviously chanting one thing, and the reporter ( quite symbolic of the entire media) came to the defense of biden and insisted they were saying something else. it’s a riot.

you want the entire media to
serve as the public relations department of the DNC, fine. we get to laugh about it.
Old 12-01-2021, 01:11 PM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Trumplicans never measured his success by what he did for them, they measured by what he did AGAINST people they don't like.
That's why they see him as being "successful" and why they will never abandon him.
His tormenting of "the others" sustains them.

Deplorable isn't it.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-01-2021, 01:18 PM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trumplicans never measured his success by what he did for them, they measured by what he did AGAINST people they don't like.
That's why they see him as being "successful" and why they will never abandon him.

Deplorable isn't it.
i measure trumps success in terms of things he did to help everyone - tax cuts, net energy independence, ridiculously low unemployment ( especially minorities), increased funding for black schools, creation of economic opportunity zones in our cities, tax cuts, keeping us safe

because i’m not a liberal, i can also measure his failures in terms of things he didn’t do that would have helped us all, like lack of improving health insurance, lack of building the wall, not putting down riots in the summer of 2020. i don’t have to pretend he had no failures. he had some
doozies.
Old 12-01-2021, 01:30 PM   #15
PaulS

Quote:

Deplorable isn't it.
That is exactly right. If the right thinks they can "own" someone they are happy.

Deplorable seems to be the perfect word for today's R party.
Old 12-01-2021, 02:11 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

Deplorable seems to be the perfect word for today's R party.
i think that’s being too kind.
Old 12-01-2021, 02:42 PM   #17
detbuch

Quote:

Deplorable isn't it.
Swami Pete preaches to the cult.

And in sotto voce they religiously reply the mantra --"That is exactly right. If the right thinks they can 'own' someone they are happy. Deplorable seems to be the perfect word for today's R party."

Ommmmm . . . . . . alleluia alleluia alleluia . . . do not fear! Swami Pete will save us from the devil Trump! Halleluja!
Old 12-01-2021, 02:55 PM   #18
PaulS

You even have people who don't fish come here just to insult people - classy.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:23 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
i fished a ton this year, , if you were referring to me.

and i think it’s funny that someone who clearly thinks that insulting people is devoid of class, is comfortable referring to everyone who disagrees with him, as deplorable. so insults are only ok when you do it.

get over yourself Paul, you like to hurl insults as much as anyone.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:23 PM   #20
detbuch

Quote:
Heh-heh
Old 12-01-2021, 03:39 PM   #21
PaulS

Quote:
i fished a ton this year, , if you were referring to me.

and i think it’s funny that someone who clearly thinks that insulting people is devoid of class, is comfortable referring to everyone who disagrees with him, as deplorable. so insults are only ok when you do it.

get over yourself Paul, you like to hurl insults as much as anyone.
75% of R's believe the election was stolen. Pretty deplorable wouldn't you say?
Old 12-01-2021, 03:43 PM   #22
wdmso

Seems some here fail to grasp who’s actually In control of the GOP.
And it’s Trump

Ps the majority of Conservatives have no sense of humor and never have …. Hence their love for nicknames it’s retro for them it reminds them of their time on the play ground
Old 12-01-2021, 03:57 PM   #23
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Because there are some real Rhodes Scholars running around on the other side.

Old 12-01-2021, 03:59 PM   #24
wdmso

Quote:
Everybody. Is laughing? It must be crowed in that bubble you inhabit….

What’s amusing is the people who are the most outrage about Biden without a mask for a minute

Are the ones who refuse to wear them or cry endlessly about wearing one or insist they don’t work..

That’s not hypocritical it’s just moronic

And if you need to criticize Biden for not wearing a mask. you stink of frivolous desperation .
Old 12-01-2021, 04:04 PM   #25
scottw

Quote:

this may be true...biden may be too dumb or detached to realize he looks like a complete hypocrite
Old 12-01-2021, 04:17 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
75% of R's believe the election was stolen. Pretty deplorable wouldn't you say?
it’s stupid to believe that, for sure.

stacey abrams, who claims she was robbed of an election victory, is pretty visible and influential
in the democratic party. if fake, baseless claims of
election fraud are deplorable, why haven’t the democrats cast her off? guy can’t embrace those who make fake claims of cheating, and chastise those in the other side who do the same thing Paul. I’m not saying stacey abrams is trump, but she shows up in a lot of lefty circles, and nobody ever asks her to stop making false claims of fraud. as always, it’s ok when democrats do it.

the democrats are trying to convince america that cops are hell bent on assassinating blacks. pretty deplorable, wouldn’t you say?

i’m not saying there aren’t republicans who are repugnant. of course there are. but i can give you as many examples as you’d like, of democrats being equally repugnant.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:24 PM   #27
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
barely capable of forming a cohesive sentence structure.......

Quote:
Everybody. Is laughing? It must be crowed in that bubble you inhabit….

What’s amusing is the people who are the most outrage about Biden without a mask for a minute

Are the ones who refuse to wear them or cry endlessly about wearing one or insist they don’t work..

And if you need to criticize Biden for not wearing a mask. you stink of frivolous desperation .

Old 12-01-2021, 04:38 PM   #28
spence

Quote:
stacey abrams, who claims she was robbed of an election victory, is pretty visible and influential
election fraud are deplorable, why haven’t the democrats cast her off?
She's not making fake, baseless claims of election fraud. She said the election wasn't fair. Her opponent, who as secretary of state at the time managed elections, refused to recuse himself and instead ordered a massive purge of voter rolls after his announcement to run and cancelled pending voter registrations mostly impacting black people a month before the election. This is well established fact.

Doesn't mean she would have won but Kemp's behavior was a serious conflict of interest and I believe a judge ruled some of his office's actions were illegal.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:40 PM   #29
PaulS

Quote:
it’s stupid to believe that, for sure.

election fraud are deplorable, why haven’t the democrats cast her off? guy can’t embrace those who make fake claims of cheating, and chastise those in the other side who do the same thing Paul. I’m not saying stacey abrams is trump, but she shows up in a lot of lefty circles, and nobody ever asks her to stop making false claims of fraud. as always, it’s ok when democrats do it. was it claims of fraud or that voting rolls where purged, etc?

the democrats are trying to convince america that cops are hell bent on assassinating blacks. pretty deplorable, wouldn’t you say? what % of cop shootings are deemed not justified?
There has to be some % that are not justified?

i’m not saying there aren’t republicans who are repugnant. of course there are. but i can give you as many examples as you’d like, of democrats being equally repugnant.
Certainly not 75% or whatever high % it is.

And I could care less how much you fish other than if you like to fish, it is too bad you (or anyone else) doesn't get out more.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:43 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Certainly not 75% or whatever high % it is.

And I could care less how much you fish other than if you like to fish, it is too bad you (or anyone else) doesn't get out more.
sure some cop shootings aren’t justified. but it’s a very low %. and that’s not what gets reported, that’s not what BLM believes or says. You don’t think democrats are throwing cops under the bus for political gain? ,