Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-28-2020, 06:56 AM   #61
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i can admit what trump did. you guys cannot admit how liberals responded to what he did, you can’t admit to what pelosi and diblasio did. only trump makes decisions, we don’t have congress and governors.

wdmso, what’s your opinion on biden saying that trumps travel restrictions were just fear mongering? or on pelosi and diblasio advising constituents in late february to go
to crowded public places? can you comment on that? or can you only comment on trump?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I am assuming you are referring to this Trump Lie

Trump also falsely said Pelosi visited Chinatown “to show that this thing doesn’t exist,” referring to the novel coronavirus. Pelosi never suggested that it didn’t exist. She stressed the need for “prevention, prevention, prevention” — urging people to be “concerned and vigilant,” but not “afraid.”

As for On Jan. 24, de Blasio said New Yorkers should "continue living as you have"; on Feb. 14 he said, "this should not stop you from going about your life ... from going out to Chinatown and going out to eat"; and on March 13, he reiterated "we wanted people to go on about their lives."

As mayor of New Your seem he was following Trump's lead on the topic now did he have the same info the Administration or just a crystal ball.. But clearly one have evolved on covid 19 and one has moved on back to but hurt mode

Trump to 'sign executive order about social media'
Old 05-28-2020, 07:10 AM   #62
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
for the tenth time to the trump haters here...what was Biden saying in december/january that would allow any reasonable person to conclude, that we’d be better off today if he were president? back then he wasn’t calling for a drastic response. since then, most of what he says are the ramblings of someone clearly in the early stages of senility. so tell us what biden said back then, that makes you confident he’d have done a better job?

again, is there a reason none of you will touch this question? kind of a theme ( dodging obvious questions) with you guys, isn’t it?
OMG if you give me that easy a question I have to answer, absolutely Biden having the same and better (since he wouldn’t
trash a pandemic team) intel would have saved so many lives and brought us back quicker. Oh and by the way all the crappy poorly thought out policy decisions wouldn’t have been made, our environment wouldn’t be under Trump’s attack, the list of benefits is a long one. Jim if your trying to stump me you really need to up your game.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 05-28-2020 at 07:46 AM..
Old 05-28-2020, 07:17 AM   #63
Sea Dangles

Quite the debater

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-28-2020, 09:00 AM   #64
Jim in CT

GS so nancy visits chinatown i’m late february, tells people its safe to go there, and all you can do is bash trump for his take on it.

the idea that trump ended the pandemic team, has been disputed or debunked.

if the intel existed that a good leader would
have reacted differently to to save more lives, how come no one of prominence was calling for drastic steps in december or january? the speaker of the house and mayor of NYC were telling people
to go out to crowded places in late february. you’re acting like any idiot should have known
in december to take drastic steps. what democrats were calling for that? none. yet only trump made the wrong call.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:03 AM   #65
Pete F.
Canceled

Who knew

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden
We are not prepared for a pandemic. Trump has rolled back progress President Obama and I made to strengthen global health security. We need leadership that builds public trust, focuses on real threats, and mobilizes the world to stop outbreaks before they reach our shores.
Quote Tweet

The Washington Post
@washingtonpost
· Oct 24, 2019
None of these 195 countries — the U.S. included — is fully prepared for a pandemic, report says https://wapo.st/361AXE3
4:32 PM · Oct 25, 2019·Twitter Web Client

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-28-2020, 11:15 AM   #66
Sea Dangles

Clearly this man is gifted
Old 05-28-2020, 11:24 AM   #67
wdmso

We have reached 100 thousand deaths and yet jim is more concerned about what the dems should have done, even though they dont control the executive branch

Why hasn't trump commented on this death toll..greater than the Korean war Vietnam and the wars in the gulf and Afghanistan and this happened in 3 months

Yet Trump and many of his supporters think its over. Let's hope it is ...

but as if on cue Trump moved on changed gears hes done with the idea of responsibility.. hes only interested in topics that make him look good with his base who still think this is still just a hoax
Old 05-28-2020, 12:39 PM   #68
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
We have reached 100 thousand deaths and yet jim is more concerned about what the dems should have done, even though they dont control the executive branch

The Executive Branch Executes the will of the Congressional Branch.

Why hasn't trump commented on this death toll..greater than the Korean war Vietnam and the wars in the gulf and Afghanistan and this happened in 3 months

"President Trump on Thursday morning said that the United States had reached a "very sad milestone" in exceeding 100,000 deaths due to the novel coronavirus, expressing sympathy for those who have lost loved ones."--from The Hill.

Yet Trump and many of his supporters think its over. Let's hope it is ...

but as if on cue Trump moved on changed gears hes done with the idea of responsibility.. hes only interested in topics that make him look good with his base who still think this is still just a hoax
Obviously, since Trump is still invested in finding cures, including vaccines, he doesn't think it's over, maybe that the first phase is waning. He obvious feels a responsibility to fight the virus since he has spent so much time, effort, and political capital to do so. And it's a hoax to say that he claims the virus is a hoax. And it's kind of hoaxy to say he's responsible for 100,000 deaths, but claim he was not responsible for the good economy before the virus hit.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:29 PM   #69
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
trump made the wrong call.
Thankfully you finally got it.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:04 PM   #70
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Obviously, since Trump is still invested in finding cures, including vaccines, he doesn't think it's over, maybe that the first phase is waning. He obvious feels a responsibility to fight the virus since he has spent so much time, effort, and political capital to do so. And it's a hoax to say that he claims the virus is a hoax. And it's kind of hoaxy to say he's responsible for 100,000 deaths, but claim he was not responsible for the good economy before the virus hit.
No, actually he has spent his political capital claiming it was under control, that he had spoken with Xi, blaming anyone possible or not and claiming he took no responsibility.
Meanwhile more than 100,000 Americans died of Coronavirus.
His playing doctor on his reality presidency show is easily seen as the actions of a desperate narcissistic weak man with a total lack of empathy.

That’s why his “ratings” are dropping, why the downticket polls are tanking and why the anti anti Trump* fluffers are panicking.
Keep flailing and claiming the Emperor has clothes.
The big orange baby is babbling away on Twitter and proving you wrong.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-28-2020, 08:20 PM   #71
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
No, actually he has spent his political capital claiming it was under control, that he had spoken with Xi, blaming anyone possible or not and claiming he took no responsibility.
Meanwhile more than 100,000 Americans died of Coronavirus.
His playing doctor on his reality presidency show is easily seen as the actions of a desperate narcissistic weak man with a total lack of empathy.

That’s why his “ratings” are dropping, why the downticket polls are tanking and why the anti anti Trump* fluffers are panicking.
Keep flailing and claiming the Emperor has clothes.
The big orange baby is babbling away on Twitter and proving you wrong.
No, actually you're repeating biased stupid stuff much of which is simply untrue.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:05 AM   #72
wdmso

Funny he went from 90 minute briefing about covid 19 on national television

Yet 100 thousands deaths get a tweet

Not sure how a Trump supporter doesn't see this for what it is..

S
Old 05-29-2020, 07:13 AM   #73
Sea Dangles

Per Johns Hopkins, over 399000 Americans have recovered from corona virus

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-29-2020, 07:20 AM   #74
wdmso

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Per Johns Hopkins, over 399000 Americans have recovered from corona virus
Old 05-29-2020, 09:03 AM   #75
detbuch

Quote:
Not sure how a Trump supporter doesn't see this for what it is..
They see you for what you are.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:04 PM   #76
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
No, actually you're repeating biased stupid stuff much of which is simply untrue.
Unfortunately it's not untrue.

Wait till this afternoon when we see Tweety in his Rose Garden Presser try and pivot the attention from the virus to the riots.
Just like in the 1968 race, when Roger Ailes told Nixon to pivot from Vietnam to the post-King riots.
Nixon went full-on "law and order" not only about African Americans but also about the hippy proto-Bernie Bros in Chicago.

Ailes knew the secret "law and order" was a code for race and for culture anxiety in 1968. The language, the "Silent Majority" crap, the aggrieved whining is 1968 all over again.

Tweety wants the coverage of burning buildings. Tweety wants the cops v protesters.

By later today, you'll see posts about law and order backing a lawless and orderless Administration led by a criminal. Bannon, Miller, and the rest of the Trump fluffers ADORE this culture war.

They're ALREADY modeling how the rioting plays for campaign messaging, I promise you.

Also, 103,000 Americans are dead.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-29-2020, 01:32 PM   #77
detbuch

Quote:
Unfortunately it's not untrue.

Unfortunately it's true.

Wait till this afternoon when we see Tweety in his Rose Garden Presser try and pivot the attention from the virus to the riots.
Just like in the 1968 race, when Roger Ailes told Nixon to pivot from Vietnam to the post-King riots.
Nixon went full-on "law and order" not only about African Americans but also about the hippy proto-Bernie Bros in Chicago.

Ailes knew the secret "law and order" was a code for race and for culture anxiety in 1968. The language, the "Silent Majority" crap, the aggrieved whining is 1968 all over again.

Tweety wants the coverage of burning buildings. Tweety wants the cops v protesters.

By later today, you'll see posts about law and order backing a lawless and orderless Administration led by a criminal. Bannon, Miller, and the rest of the Trump fluffers ADORE this culture war.

They're ALREADY modeling how the rioting plays for campaign messaging, I promise you.

You've already created another one of your models here, trying to shape the narrative in a negative light ahead of time. You do that a lot. I already saw a story posted today titled " 'Racist president': Democrats accuse Trump of inciting violence in Minneapolis." The spinners are joining you in doing their patented vicious character destruction campaign rhetoric.

Also, 103,000 Americans are dead.
And you've already modeled this number for us as meaning that is how many Trump has killed so far.
Old 05-29-2020, 01:35 PM   #78
wdmso

Quote:
They see you for what you are.
Yes not one of the faithful. Putting Trump before country
Old 05-29-2020, 01:42 PM   #79
detbuch

Quote:
Yes not one of the faithful. Putting Trump before country
Yes, you're one of the faithful leftist useful idiots.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:34 PM   #80
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
And you've already modeled this number for us as meaning that is how many Trump has killed so far.
Tweety announced the U.S. is officially leaving the World Health Organization in the middle of a pandemic.

WHO is currently coordinating international vaccine and drug trials to fight Covid19

Quite the trick for an American president to withdraw from leadership both at home and abroad in the same moment.

The White House promised that Tweety would hold a press conference, but the President came out, issued a statement, and ran for the door when reporters asked questions.

The whole event was a fiasco, and a disaster for Tweety, whose inability to take even the slightest bit of responsibility for his words leads to a perpetual cycle of political self-injury that he compounds by refusing to stand in front of reporters and answer the difficult questions.

When Tweety is in trouble, he hides.

The White House promised a press conference but delivered a panicked president in total collapse who took no questions.

Don't worry there's video

Last edited by Pete F.; 05-29-2020 at 03:39 PM..

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-29-2020, 05:06 PM   #81
Sea Dangles

America 1st

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-29-2020, 07:39 PM   #82
Pete F.
Canceled

Tweety today
"In order to show how mad I am at China, I will now cede more power and international leadership to the Chinese Communist Party."
Fluff him up followers
Old 06-19-2020, 08:43 PM   #83
Pete F.
Canceled

Covid is resurging,
30,000+ cases reported today—the highest total since May 1. Continue to pray for our country.
Meanwhile Tweety’s having his fluffer fest in a state with surging Covid-19
Old 06-21-2020, 05:01 AM   #84
Pete F.
Canceled

Just doing everything he can because it’s just the sniffles

"Here's the bad part: When you do testing to that extent, you're gonna find more people, you're gonna find more cases. So I said to my people, 'slow the testing down please!'" -- Tweety

Trump's failure to get us the testing we need has been one of the biggest reasons we haven't beat coronavirus. Now we know why.

Last edited by Pete F.; 06-21-2020 at 05:22 AM..
Old 06-21-2020, 07:06 AM   #85
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I guess the good news is a Trump invited over a million people and less than 7,000 show up, so maybe that means fewer stupid people spreading or taking the virus home to others.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 06-21-2020 at 07:34 AM..
Old 06-21-2020, 07:13 AM   #86
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I guess the good knees is a Trump invited over a million people and less than 7,000 show up, so many that means fewer stupid people spreading or taking the virus home to others.
What does this even mean, stop your racist BS.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-21-2020, 07:56 AM   #87
scottw

Quote:

Covid is resurging,

need more massive protests...
Old 06-21-2020, 08:00 AM   #88
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I guess the good news is a Trump invited over a million people and less than 7,000 show up, so maybe that means fewer stupid people spreading or taking the virus home to others.
What do a Tulsa Trump Rally and a Trump wife have in common? Nobody comes.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-21-2020, 10:42 AM   #89
RickBomba

I love the fact that all the trumpanzees weren’t wearing masks last night.

Come on,
Trump
Brains
Matter
Old 06-21-2020, 10:59 AM   #90
Pete F.
Canceled

And the great data they got?
Apparently, Parscale forgot to put the "I am over 18" checkbox on the Tulsa signup screen so now he has the personal information of a unknown number, possibly a million or so minors. So the Trump campaign is likely in violation of COPPA....

That makes it garbage at best.

Tweety’s campaign looks like it’s really the Deathstar and the TikTok/Kpop rebels blew it up.
Once again demonstrating that Tweety’s idea of the best people is laughable