Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2022, 10:21 AM   #91
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,063
NEW poll of the Ohio Senate race:
Tim Ryan (D) 46%
JD Vance (Moscow) 41%
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline  
Old 07-22-2022, 10:24 AM   #92
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,063
Here’s the GQPs winning strategy

96% of House Republicans voted against people having the freedom to use contraceptives.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline  
Old 07-22-2022, 10:24 AM   #93
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
NEW poll of the Ohio Senate race:
Tim Ryan (D) 46%
JD Vance (Moscow) 41%
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Is that the only election happening in November? Any house races? Any state races?

Ive said, I don't think the GOP takes the US senate, the democrats got lucky with which seats are up, not many vulnerable incumbent democrats in this rotation.
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 07-22-2022, 10:28 AM   #94
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,063
As he was walking on an elevator yesterday, GOP Sen. “little” Marco Rubio said that a vote on a bill to codify gay marriage was a "stupid waste of time."#^&
#^&
But when he said that, there was another senator on the elevator who heard him: Tammy Baldwin, who is gay.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline  
Old 07-22-2022, 10:33 AM   #95
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
As he was walking on an elevator yesterday, GOP Sen. “little” Marco Rubio said that a vote on a bill to codify gay marriage was a "stupid waste of time."#^&
#^&
But when he said that, there was another senator on the elevator who heard him: Tammy Baldwin, who is gay.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
So not all that long ago, when Obama and Hilary both stated very clearly that they opposed gay marriage for religious reasons, what was your reaction?
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 07-22-2022, 10:34 AM   #96
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,063
GQP platform

- Outlaw abortion nationwide
- End Medicare & Social Security
- Put a gun in every hand
- Outlaw same-sex marriage
- Outlaw contraception
- Let politicians decide election outcomes
- End the separation of church & state
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline  
Old 07-22-2022, 10:39 AM   #97
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
GQP platform

- Outlaw abortion nationwide
- End Medicare & Social Security
- Put a gun in every hand
- Outlaw same-sex marriage
- Outlaw contraception
- Let politicians decide election outcomes
- End the separation of church & state
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
you gotta wonder why the gop didn’t pursue any of those things when they had the white house and congress. they’d were just too stupid i guess.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 07-22-2022, 10:42 AM   #98
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,063
GQP had years to pass an alternative to Obamacare
Never did it
GQP had years to pass infrastructure
Never did it
Just the party of NO

Well, I've always been told if you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything. I think that explains a lot!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline  
Old 07-22-2022, 10:53 AM   #99
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,063
A man who organized buses to Washington on Jan. 6, tweeted during the riot that Vice President Mike Pence was a “traitor,” tried to impeach Governor Larry Hogan, and spoke at a QAnon conference, just won the Republican nomination for Maryland governor.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline  
Old 07-22-2022, 10:58 AM   #100
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,063
The Trumplican party is not unlike an organized political mafia. Disloyalty is harshly punished. Members are bound by a code of silence as they watch other members commit crimes against our political system. They shake down/threaten businesses. Females are 2nd class. How is it so different?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline  
Old 07-22-2022, 11:01 AM   #101
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,063
Another “Squad” progressive just lost in the Democratic primary in MD4 to a “Biden Democrat.”

While Republicans keep trying to elect extremists, pro insurrection candidates across the country, Democrats are(mostly) nominating more centrist-Biden Democrats candidates.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline  
Old 07-22-2022, 11:05 AM   #102
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,063
Would it be an exaggeration to say that Herschel Walker is the dumbest person in recent American history to run for the senate?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline  
Old 07-22-2022, 11:07 AM   #103
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,063
64% of independents hold Trump responsible for the Jan. 6 attack, and 59% hold “Trump Republicans in Congress” responsible as well.#^&
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline  
Old 07-22-2022, 11:23 AM   #104
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,427
pete you really need help.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 07-22-2022, 11:27 AM   #105
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,427
Pelosis husband, the drunk, buys a chip company just ahead of a congressional vote on chip subsidies.

Does it look fishy? Or does the fact that we’re talking about a democrat, provide sufficient proof that nothing wrong took place?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 07-22-2022, 11:28 AM   #106
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
64% of independents hold Trump responsible for the Jan. 6 attack, and 59% hold “Trump Republicans in Congress” responsible as well.#^&
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
problem is, the same people who hold him responsible, say the economy is a bigger concern.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 07-22-2022, 11:32 AM   #107
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,063
Criminalizing birth control and abortion isn’t popular.

Picking on gay kids isn’t popular.

Banning books isn’t popular.

Eliminating Obamacare isn’t popular.

Enabling criminal Presidents isn’t popular.

Democrats will take the fight to Republicans on their hard, mean, spiteful turn to the right.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline  
Old 07-22-2022, 11:38 AM   #108
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Criminalizing birth control and abortion isn’t popular.

Picking on gay kids isn’t popular.

Banning books isn’t popular.

Eliminating Obamacare isn’t popular.

Enabling criminal Presidents isn’t popular.

Democrats will take the fight to Republicans on their hard, mean, spiteful turn to the right.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
every poll says people care about the economy more.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 07-22-2022, 11:40 AM   #109
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Would it be an exaggeration to say that Herschel Walker is the dumbest person in recent American history to run for the senate?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
stop defaming former FBI agents.
PaulS is online now  
Old 07-22-2022, 11:50 AM   #110
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
every poll says people care about the economy more.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
FUN FACT: Of the 45 million jobs created since 1989, 43 million — nearly 96% — have been created under Democratic presidents.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline  
Old 07-22-2022, 11:54 AM   #111
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,063
Since Reagan, the only actual policy the GOP has had has been "take all the money there is and give it to people who are already rich."

That's it. Nothing else.

And they used racism to misdirect while they did it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline  
Old 07-22-2022, 12:01 PM   #112
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
FUN FACT: Of the 45 million jobs created since 1989, 43 million — nearly 96% — have been created under Democratic presidents.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Most jobs under Biden weren't created. They were restored after we opened back up.

You just aren't capable of honesty unless it totally favors the left.

So Biden owns the jobs that were restored, but not the covid deaths, not the inflation, not the crime spike, not the increase in illegal immigration, not the skyrocketing interest rates, not any of the things that are making life harder.

In other words, you give him credit for all the good things, but no blame for the bad things.

That's not how sane people evaluate a president. It would be convenient for you if you could get people to buy into that logic, but they don't.
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 07-22-2022, 12:03 PM   #113
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,063
FACT: Biden has cut the deficit by more this year than any President in history.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline  
Old 07-22-2022, 12:05 PM   #114
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Most jobs under Biden weren't created. They were restored after we opened back up.

You just aren't capable of honesty unless it totally favors the left.

So Biden owns the jobs that were restored, but not the covid deaths, not the inflation, not the crime spike, not the increase in illegal immigration, not the skyrocketing interest rates, not any of the things that are making life harder.

In other words, you give him credit for all the good things, but no blame for the bad things.

That's not how sane people evaluate a president. It would be convenient for you if you could get people to buy into that logic, but they don't.
Baloney

so then should you chastise republicans that vote against efforts to reduce the economic impact on people ? every republican voted no on the gas price gouging bill, american rescue plan, build back better, and climate change package that would all add large amounts of jobs ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline  
Old 07-22-2022, 01:44 PM   #115
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,063
Old conservative argument: judges shouldn't be determining if gay marriage is legal.

New conservative argument: Congress shouldn't be determining if gay marriage is legal
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline  
Old 07-23-2022, 03:29 PM   #116
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Old conservative argument: judges shouldn't be determining if gay marriage is legal.

New conservative argument: Congress shouldn't be determining if gay marriage is legal
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
yet you were ok when obama
and hilary opposed gay marriage, and they did so for religious reasons. it was ok when they did it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 07-23-2022, 03:33 PM   #117
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,427
CBS reporting on the Lee Zeldin attack, states that “Zeldin says” he was attacked.

they can’t just say he was attacked. They have tonstatebthatbwerentakung Zeldins word for it, that there’s no video or charges filed against the atta let

“Enemy of the people” isn’t that far off. Imply he’s making it up, because he has an R after his name.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 07-23-2022, 08:29 PM   #118
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
yet you were ok when obama
and hilary opposed gay marriage, and they did so for religious reasons. it was ok when they did it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
That’s a great example of why originalism is defective, things change, society changes and failure to accept that can lock you into an unacceptable position.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline  
Old 07-23-2022, 08:33 PM   #119
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
CBS reporting on the Lee Zeldin attack, states that “Zeldin says” he was attacked.

they can’t just say he was attacked. They have tonstatebthatbwerentakung Zeldins word for it, that there’s no video or charges filed against the atta let

“Enemy of the people” isn’t that far off. Imply he’s making it up, because he has an R after his name.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
What are you being victimized by now?

NY GOP rep Lee Zeldin is blaming the release of the man who allegedly attacked him on bail reform.

The man was released because the DA very strangely charged him with a non-bail eligible offense. That DA - Sandra Doorley - is co-chair of Zeldin's campaign.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline  
Old 07-23-2022, 08:48 PM   #120
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
That’s a great example of why originalism is defective, things change, society changes and failure to accept that can lock you into an unacceptable position.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
yes things changed. as soon as public opinion polling said it would benefit them, then they were in favor of gay marriage. how principled!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com