Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-12-2009, 07:32 AM   #1
Fly Rod

Apology

Seems like the democrats are not satisfied with Joe Wilson's quick apology to your President and a quick acceptance by the President and his quote, "lets move on." Your favorite lady of the house Nancy Polosi and the dems want Wilson to apologize in front of Congress. If he does not Polosi wants to admonish the fella.

How quickly one side forgets how the other side was treated during their term as President. Yes there were burst of out cry from the Dems while your past President was addressing Congress.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:42 AM   #2
spence

Not much of an apology was it? I'm sorry about the outburst but I still think you're a liar?

And no, the Dems have never done this. Grumbling or other noises showing discontent is a lllllooooonnnnnggggg way from an accusation of dishonesty.

Wilson embarrassed the entire house with his gaff, but to be honest, Pelosi is just giving him more airtime by stringing things along.

-spence
Old 09-12-2009, 08:59 AM   #3
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Puh Leeeze. The past 20 years have been showing more and more disrespect by both parties to the office of the president.

It's the same thing over and over, Repubs growl and go all nasty and the Democrats get their panties all in a bunch.

The democrats get the spolied brat militant look and show no respect of the office of President either.

All a bunch of hypocrites.

I'm 40 years old, my windows of following this stuff goes back to the late 80s. How many years has it been like this? Congress may be a true reflection of the people of the United States - One Big Dysfunctional Family.

Was it like this 40 years ago? Sixty?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-12-2009, 09:32 AM   #4
buckman

Joes the only one that didn't lie. I said it in the other thread. His outburst brought on by Obama's chronic white lies will save the US taxpayer billions.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
How quickly one side forgets how the other side was treated during their term as President. Yes there were burst of out cry from the Dems while your past President was addressing Congress.
It'd be easier to accept if this was a first occurrence for him. Also, if his apology didn't come across like him mother grabbed him by the ear and made him say he's sorry.

Flashback: Rep. Wilson Also Had To Apologize After Attacking Strom Thurmond's Illegitimate Daughter
Flashback: Rep. Wilson Also Had To Apologize After Attacking Strom Thurmond's Illegitimate Daughter | LiveWire

Maybe one day he'll learn what proper etiquette is. Or he'll continue to make himself look like an assclown on live national broadcasts for our amusement. I actually prefer the latter.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #6
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
It'd be easier to accept if this was a first occurrence for him. Also, if his apology didn't come across like him mother grabbed him by the ear and made him say he's sorry.

Flashback: Rep. Wilson Also Had To Apologize After Attacking Strom Thurmond's Illegitimate Daughter
Flashback: Rep. Wilson Also Had To Apologize After Attacking Strom Thurmond's Illegitimate Daughter | LiveWire

Maybe one day he'll learn what proper etiquette is. Or he'll continue to make himself look like an assclown on live national broadcasts for our amusement. I actually prefer the latter.
Well then, are you saying that the Dems owe an apology to Palin for what they said about her children?

I'm sure that you do not think so.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #7
scottw

of course not FR...dem politicians may lie, impune and do as they please, they have no shame, conscience, standards or "etiquitte" as JD put it......

remember Obama with the middle finger...that was bad etiquitte...
Old 09-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #8
spence

Quote:
Well then, are you saying that the Dems owe an apology to Palin for what they said about her children?
Please be more specific, what were the "Dems" saying about her children?

-spence
Old 09-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #9
Cool Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Please be more specific, what were the "Dems" saying about her children?

-spence
Holy Sh*t Spence are you serious? For a seemingly intelligent guy,, sometimes you amaze me...... Your head is so far up your ass... Like an ex girlfriend, you remember all the bad about one side, and paint your side all roses.......
Old 09-12-2009, 01:45 PM   #10
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
Holy Sh*t Spence are you serious? For a seemingly intelligent guy,, sometimes you amaze me...... Your head is so far up your ass... Like an ex girlfriend, you remember all the bad about one side, and paint your side all roses.......
I remember some remarks made by a "lefty" blog, but nothing by an elected or party official.

Are you saying some independent blog post is equal to an elected representative calling the President a liar in front of the US Congress?

-spence
Old 09-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #11
Nebe

Quote:
I remember some remarks made by a "lefty" blog, but nothing by an elected or party official.

Are you saying some independent blog post is equal to an elected representative calling the President a liar in front of the US Congress?

-spence
Yes he is... Are you surprised?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-12-2009, 02:37 PM   #12
Cool Beans

Obama is full of crap! That's why they are working to close the loophole that would allow illegals into his program. When he yelled "You Lie!" he was simply stating a fact... We need more people like him that are not too scared to be a little politically incorrect to tell the truth...
He screamed "the emperor has no clothes" but unfortunately to many of you still see the "imagined clothes". This plan is a huge mistake, and I applaud Wilson for saying what had to be said....
Old 09-13-2009, 12:44 PM   #13
JohnnyD

Quote:

I'm sure that you do not think so.
Which members of Congress were talking about Palin's children?

Wasn't talking about a random person affiliated with a political party. Let's not forget that most Republicans were disgusted by his "outburst of emotion".
Old 09-13-2009, 04:33 PM   #14
buckman

Wilson will win reelection because of his "outburst" Take it for what it's worth but I think the American people appreciate someone who risks their political career to state the truth.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:06 PM   #15
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Wilson will win reelection because of his "outburst" Take it for what it's worth but I think the American people appreciate someone who risks their political career to state the truth.
It will help him raise a lot of money from a national audience out to hurt Obama...this doesn't say a whole heck of a lot about his own beliefs.

-spence
Old 09-13-2009, 06:26 PM   #16
JohnnyD

Quote:
So just to be clear, the answer to my question is... none. Just trying to stay on point here.

And Wilson is still an assclown.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #17
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Joe should have thrown his shoes at him !

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 09-13-2009, 07:59 PM   #18
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Old 09-13-2009, 09:17 PM   #19
fishbones

Quote:
Not much of an apology was it? I'm sorry about the outburst but I still think you're a liar?

And no, the Dems have never done this. Grumbling or other noises showing discontent is a lllllooooonnnnnggggg way from an accusation of dishonesty.

-spence
You're wrong. Pete Stark.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 09-14-2009, 06:07 AM   #20
buckman

Watch this hypocrits:

Reminder: Democrats Heckled and Booed Bush 43
Old 09-14-2009, 07:07 AM   #21
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
LOL, could have seen if he could duck as quick as bush.

" Choose Life "
Old 09-14-2009, 11:36 AM   #22
Bocephus

[QUOTE=justplugit;711309]LOL, could have seen if he could duck as quick as bush. [/QUOTE

of course he wouldnt duck, he would expect someone from Govt to step in and save him isnt this how it works??
Old 09-14-2009, 01:12 PM   #23
Joe

I hear the republicans want to invite Obama to an open-air, bi-partisan discussion to mend fences at Dealey Plaza this November. They've even picked out a stylish little pink Chanel number with a matching pillbox hat for Michele to wear. They've made assurances that no one will shout him down this time.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #24
buckman

I'm laughing at the hypocracy of the left on this. Let's see.. they are worried about the respect for the Presidency now? After Clinton played hide the cigar in the Oval office? Reagan, Bush 1 and Bush 2 could not respect the position more. Now we have Obama. Openly blaming Bush for everything that goes wrong. Disrespecting him as a former President every chance he can.
The rest of the Democratic leadership makes me puke. Phony's, every last on of them. And the defenders, excuse makers and supporters....well good luck to them..... They have their own personal issues to sort out.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:12 AM   #25
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Reagan, Bush 1 and Bush 2 could not respect the position more.
Well......2 out of 3 Ain't Bad

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-15-2009, 09:23 AM   #26
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Well......2 out of 3 Ain't Bad
No kidding. Buckman consistently complains about Obama's spending, while Bush thrust us into 2 wars that will more than likely cost over a trillion dollars each. The same guy that brought us the gem, "No Child Left Behind" and championed for the Patriot Act so that the actions his administration were involved with were only 'sort of' illegal afterward.

Yeah, I can see how you could "not respect the position more."

As an aside, I find it amusing that for someone that has demonstrated himself to be quite financially focused when it comes to policy, you don't like Clinton - considering Bush inherited a hefty, hefty Surplus from him while Reagan, Bush 1 and 2 all left an increase in the deficit.

*cue replies that ignore my point and spin to Obama*
Old 09-15-2009, 09:40 AM   #27
buckman

JD. We didn't start the war , Remember 9/11. Your a pissa

Bush also inherited a failing ecomomy. Did you forget that also?
Old 09-15-2009, 10:07 AM   #28
scottw

don't you love how JD and Spence continually impune others for supposedly mindlessly regurgitating talking points when each of their posts is nothing more than one mindless regurgitation of left wing talking points after another.....
Old 09-15-2009, 10:28 AM   #29
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
don't you love how JD and Spence continually impune others for supposedly mindlessly regurgitating talking points when each of their posts is nothing more than one mindless regurgitation of left wing talking points after another.....
Spence's whole act is to sprinkle trigger words like "talking points" and "neocons" into his posts. This, while seeming inoccuous enough puts a negative connotation in a person head. If you were to pay close attention, Spence doesn't come right out and bash people with opposing views. He tries to do it subconsciously.

The funny thing about JD's posts is that in many of them, he shows himself to have conservative views. In others, he comes across as extremely liberal. I've decided to coin a new word to describe JD. He's a "Republiphobic". His deep rooted beliefs are conservative, but he doesn't want to come out and admit that he's a Republican. It's like the guy who makes fun of gays and acts real macho because deep down he has feeling for other men.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 09-15-2009, 10:29 AM   #30
JohnnyD

Quote:
JD. We didn't start the war , Remember 9/11. Your a pissa

Bush also inherited a failing ecomomy. Did you forget that also?
Are we going to start this again?

At the time, and even moreso now, there is absolutely no relationship between 9/11 and Iraq (or more specifically, Saddam). Not one.

Also, if Bush was such a great president and ever so wise, if he truly did "inherit a failing economy" then why in the hell would he push through the Bush tax cuts?

Bush's tax cuts + Bush's wars = a failing economy.

Here's the graph again since you seem to continually forget. Unfortunately, it only includes to 2006.