Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-06-2018, 08:51 AM   #1
wdmso

lawmakers' failure to appreciate Me

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-...nd-un-american

His followers see him as he sees himself. as THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA in a physical form,, move over Uncle Sam (your Fired )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eUnS2r2.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	241.4 KB
ID:	64945  
Old 02-06-2018, 09:29 AM   #2
Jim in CT

WDMSO, a compelling case can be made that the Democrats (in the Obama administration, at the Justice Dept, and in the Clinton campaign) conspired to use the FBI in an attempt to help ensure a Hilary victory.

Trey Gowdy said exactly that, and you were the one who brought him up and suggested that his opinions on the dossier were valid.

So if there's evidence of that kind of collusion, how do you expect Trump to react, exactly? If it's true, it's a big deal.

We know that Loretta Lynch met with Bill Clinton privately on a jet while his wife was under investigation.

We know that shortly after that meeting, Hilary was exonerated.

We know that immediately after that exoneration, Hilary said that if she won, she might keep Lynch on as AG. if that's not quid pro quo, nothing is.

We know that the FBI deemed the Steele dossier to be salacious and unverified, yet they used it as support for the FISA warrant.

We know that Trey Gowdy says that the warrant would not have been issued without the dossier. And since Gowdy also conceded that the Mueller investigation would have proceeded without the dossier, it's not like Gowdy will say anything to get Trump off the hook.

We know that the deputy attorney general has a wife that works at Fusion, the company hired by team Clinton to prepare the dossier. He never disclosed this and did not recuse himself.

We know that the deputy director of the FBI (McCabe) had a wife who ran for the senate and took a ton of money from Clinton pals. He did not disclose this and he did not recuse himself.

We know there were 2 FBI agents involved in the Clinton email investigation who were desperate for Clinton to win. They did not disclose this and they did not recuse themselves.

We also have the DNC conspiring to rig the primary for Clinton, and CNN giving her debate questions ahead of time.

Is any of that not true? Is there one syllable I typed that's not true?

During the campaign, Trump alleged that his team was being wiretapped, and everyone said he was insane and everyone mocked him. Turns out he was right.

I'm not sure I'd say they are treasonous. But they certainly aren't huge fans of democracy, which is precisely why your side engages in mob violence every single time they don't get their way, and conservatives never do that.

Your side may re-take the house in November. Or they may pay dearly for their shenanigans. I'm not sure how much lower they can sink than where they are at this moment (losers who lost despite the fact that they didn't play by the rules). We'll see.

In any event, Trump, for all his many faults, certainly has a legitimate gripe here. I cannot believe anyone is so unwilling to criticize their own side, that they would refuse to concede that there were some shady dealings. You and Spence and Paul S, you have no problem with any of this? Seriously?

As I said, the democrats actually have put Trump in a place where he can accurately portray himself as a sympathetic victim. Well done, kudos to them.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:13 AM   #3
spence

Jim, if the FBI was conspiring to help Clinton she would have won.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:36 AM   #4
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I heard for weeks that the Refs were in the Patriots pocket....but yet...........................

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-06-2018, 10:49 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
I'm sorry, where does it say that cheating has a 100% success rate?

That's the best you got? She didn't win, therefore you conclude that there could not possibly have been cheating?

Do you hear yourself?
Old 02-06-2018, 10:54 AM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
That's the best you got? She didn't win, therefore you conclude that there could not possibly have been cheating?
If they were trying to help Clinton why would they reopen the investigation 11 days before the election? They could have easily buried this for weeks.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:57 AM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I heard for weeks that the Refs were in the Patriots pocket....but yet...........................
So you're a hater on the FBI as well?
Old 02-06-2018, 10:57 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
If they were trying to help Clinton why would they reopen the investigation 11 days before the election? They could have easily buried this for weeks.
That's a good question, worth asking (see? it is actually possible to admit the other side has a point.) It doesn't negate all the irrefutable facts I listed. You just ignore them because you have no justifiable response. Amazing. The magnitude of indoctrination is amazing.

If the public is convinced that there was collusion, that, combined with larger paychecks and larger IRA balances, isn't going to help your side in November. How much more marginalized does the DNC want to be? How many more seats are they trying to lose?
Old 02-06-2018, 10:58 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
So you're a hater on the FBI as well?
Not on "the FBI". On a very small number of people, who apparently have much to answer for.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:23 AM   #10
Nebe

Quote:
The DNC’s shenanigans sure didn’t help. In fact I firmly place the blame of trump winning on them. Bernie would have won if given a fair deal.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-06-2018, 04:10 PM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
WDMSO, a compelling case can be made that the Democrats (in the Obama administration, at the Justice Dept, and in the Clinton campaign) conspired to use the FBI in an attempt to help ensure a Hilary victory.

Trey Gowdy said exactly that, and you were the one who brought him up and suggested that his opinions on the dossier were valid.

So if there's evidence of that kind of collusion, how do you expect Trump to react, exactly? If it's true, it's a big deal.

We know that Loretta Lynch met with Bill Clinton privately on a jet while his wife was under investigation.

We know that shortly after that meeting, Hilary was exonerated.

We know that immediately after that exoneration, Hilary said that if she won, she might keep Lynch on as AG. if that's not quid pro quo, nothing is.

We know that the FBI deemed the Steele dossier to be salacious and unverified, yet they used it as support for the FISA warrant.

We know that Trey Gowdy says that the warrant would not have been issued without the dossier. And since Gowdy also conceded that the Mueller investigation would have proceeded without the dossier, it's not like Gowdy will say anything to get Trump off the hook.

We know that the deputy attorney general has a wife that works at Fusion, the company hired by team Clinton to prepare the dossier. He never disclosed this and did not recuse himself.

We know that the deputy director of the FBI (McCabe) had a wife who ran for the senate and took a ton of money from Clinton pals. He did not disclose this and he did not recuse himself.

We know there were 2 FBI agents involved in the Clinton email investigation who were desperate for Clinton to win. They did not disclose this and they did not recuse themselves.

We also have the DNC conspiring to rig the primary for Clinton, and CNN giving her debate questions ahead of time.

Is any of that not true? Is there one syllable I typed that's not true?

During the campaign, Trump alleged that his team was being wiretapped, and everyone said he was insane and everyone mocked him. Turns out he was right.

I'm not sure I'd say they are treasonous. But they certainly aren't huge fans of democracy, which is precisely why your side engages in mob violence every single time they don't get their way, and conservatives never do that.

Your side may re-take the house in November. Or they may pay dearly for their shenanigans. I'm not sure how much lower they can sink than where they are at this moment (losers who lost despite the fact that they didn't play by the rules). We'll see.

In any event, Trump, for all his many faults, certainly has a legitimate gripe here. I cannot believe anyone is so unwilling to criticize their own side, that they would refuse to concede that there were some shady dealings. You and Spence and Paul S, you have no problem with any of this? Seriously?

As I said, the democrats actually have put Trump in a place where he can accurately portray himself as a sympathetic victim. Well done, kudos to them.
I thought you would have said Obama was thinned skinned also ..
but you went old school you went Clinton .. and completely off topic

This fits what I have said for some time its all about him !!!! and when not properly stroked he Goes off ....

you want us to Admit shady dealings !!! 1st for things that are not under Investigation that are conjecture at best

and it the democrats fault that actually have put Trump in a place where he can accurately portray himself as a sympathetic victim..

If Trump would only say and do the things he has done while wearing an Obama Mask... I could only imagine how your Tune would change
Old 02-06-2018, 04:13 PM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
The DNC’s shenanigans sure didn’t help. In fact I firmly place the blame of trump winning on them. Bernie would have won if given a fair deal.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Agree.. but I dont understand the Rights willingness to to do a 180 on anything to do with the word Russian or obstruction of justice .. as sour Grapes
Old 02-06-2018, 05:02 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I thought you would have said Obama was thinned skinned also ..
but you went old school you went Clinton .. and completely off topic

This fits what I have said for some time its all about him !!!! and when not properly stroked he Goes off ....

you want us to Admit shady dealings !!! " that are conjecture at best

and it the democrats fault that actually have put Trump in a place where he can accurately portray himself as a sympathetic victim..

If Trump would only say and do the things he has done while wearing an Obama Mask... I could only imagine how your Tune would change
"you went old school you went Clinton .. and completely off topic "

Clinton paid for the dossier. So it's current and on topic.

"its all about him"

He was the one that was colluded against. So if the victim speaks out, you accuse them of being self-centered.

"you want us to Admit shady dealings "

If appropriate, yes
"1st for things that are not under Investigation"

Not yet.

"conjecture at best"

Funny, you were the one who brought up Trey Gowdy, who agrees with me.

"If Trump would only say and do the things he has done while wearing an Obama Mask... I could only imagine how your Tune would change"

I have said many, many times I don't like Trump. That doesn't mean he's not correct when he cries foul here.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:26 PM   #14
spence

Quote:
Clinton paid for the dossier. So it's current and on topic.
Both Republicans and Democrats funded the Dossier. If it contains relevant information why does it even matter?

Quote:
He was the one that was colluded against. So if the victim speaks out, you accuse them of being self-centered.
This just doesn't even make sense unless you're a Trump strategist trying to manipulate a news cycle.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:36 AM   #15
scottw

Quote:

Both Republicans and Democrats funded the Dossier. If it contains relevant information why does it even matter?

Steele was the author of the memos(17) June - December 2016 that resulted in the dossier and we know how and when the Clinton Campaign and DNC funded him...we even know how much....when and how exactly was Steel paid by which "republicans"?...and how much did they pay him?

Last edited by scottw; 02-07-2018 at 06:57 AM..
Old 02-07-2018, 07:08 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:

This just doesn't even make sense unless you're a Trump strategist trying to manipulate a news cycle.
I'm not sure I need a lecture about what "makes sense", from a guy who believes that since Hilary lost, that's proof that nothing underhanded was done in her favor during the election.

How about this Spence. When you can explain why it makes any sense at all, to believe that failure to win necessarily means one played by the rules, I will listen to what you have to say. You are humiliating yourself.

The Japanese lost WWII, correct? Using your logic, does that mean they committed no war crimes? After all, they lost! If they were cheating, according to you, they would have been victorious!
Old 02-07-2018, 08:58 AM   #17
wdmso

US President Donald Trump has asked the Pentagon to organise a large military parade in the nation's capital.

Nationalism being masked in patriotism
Old 02-07-2018, 09:09 AM   #18
PaulS

Quote:
US President Donald Trump has asked the Pentagon to organise a large military parade in the nation's capital.

Well North Korea, China and Russia do seem to have nicer military parades than us. It prob. should be a requirement that everyone claps straight through the parade.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:13 AM   #19
spence

Quote:
I'm not sure I need a lecture about what "makes sense", from a guy who believes that since Hilary lost, that's proof that nothing underhanded was done in her favor during the election.
Clinton lost by a razor thin margin and likely would have won if the investigation had been put to bed. You're just swimming in conspiracy theories now which is exactly what Trump wants.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:21 AM   #20
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Clinton lost by a razor thin margin and likely would have won if the investigation had been put to bed. You're just swimming in conspiracy theories now which is exactly what Trump wants.
What, are you shaving with a bowling ball?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-07-2018, 09:51 AM   #21
spence

Quote:
Clinton crushed Trump in the popular vote and narrowly missed three critical swing states by just 80,000 votes. The election was very close.

The map is pretty though.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:25 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:

military parades are bad? Is the Memorial Day parade in my town, now just a dog whistle for totalitarianism?

You people have come completely, and I mean completely, unglued.

We have people in harm's way. Honoring them with a parade, is an ominous sign of nationalism? I have a better idea, let's have another liberal march on The Mall where bitter losers scream the f word into megaphones and then leave the place littered with trash and cigarette butts. That's what we really need, not a parade.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:28 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
The only thing I'm swimming in, is the absurdity of someone who thinks that having lost a contest, is irrefutable evidence that said loser played by the rules.

Conspiracy theories? I listed the facts. I asked you if any of them was wrong, and you didn't claim a single one was wrong. Hmm, I wonder why?
Old 02-07-2018, 10:29 AM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:

I demand a re-count.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:31 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Clinton crushed Trump in the popular vote .
And if the popular vote mattered worth a frog's fat ass, Trump (like your wet dream Hilary) would have skipped flyover country and campaigned harder on the coasts. He chose to speak to people in Wisconsin and Ohio. She chose not to. Oh well.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:34 AM   #26
detbuch

Quote:
Clinton crushed Trump in the popular vote and narrowly missed three critical swing states by just 80,000 votes. The election was very close.

The map is pretty though.
Without California's popular vote totals, Trump popular vote crushes Clinton in the rest of the country.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:44 AM   #27
PaulS

Thank God for those highly educated folks in Calif. who help fund all those red areas.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:33 AM   #28
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Without California's popular vote totals, Trump popular vote crushes Clinton in the rest of the country.
You could say that about several states, or the reverse for Trump's electoral votes.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:34 AM   #29
spence

Quote:
military parades are bad? Is the Memorial Day parade in my town, now just a dog whistle for totalitarianism?

You people have come completely, and I mean completely, unglued.

We have people in harm's way. Honoring them with a parade, is an ominous sign of nationalism? I have a better idea, let's have another liberal march on The Mall where bitter losers scream the f word into megaphones and then leave the place littered with trash and cigarette butts. That's what we really need, not a parade.
How about we celebrate the military by funding veterans benefits.

It's a fantastic waste of money.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:39 AM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
How about we celebrate the military by funding veterans benefits.

It's a fantastic waste of money.
"How about we celebrate the military by funding veterans benefits."

A rare point of agreement.

"It's a fantastic waste of money"

A parade? You're a deficit hawk now? Or only when a Republican is spending money?