Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-18-2018, 12:50 PM   #31
PaulS

You lied when you said he'd denounced them a million times after he reluctantly half-heartedly denounced him after being criticized for it. Do we have to again discuss Nashville Etc or should we just pull up that old thread?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-18-2018, 12:56 PM   #32
PaulS

And Trump was not highly critical of the neo-nazis in Charlottesville. He said there was fine people on both sides so he was defending neo-nazis. Again let me say it he was defending neo-nazis. So along with that he has yet to criticize the Russians for interfering with our elections. Should I repeat that one again also.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:13 PM   #33
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
And Trump was not highly critical of the neo-nazis in Charlottesville. He said there was fine people on both sides so he was defending neo-nazis. Again let me say it he was defending neo-nazis. So along with that he has yet to criticize the Russians for interfering with our elections. Should I repeat that one again also.
you officially hold the record, not likely to ever be broken, for nazi/neo-nazi/racist/kkk references...

congrats
Old 02-18-2018, 01:25 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
"Trump was not highly critical of the neo-nazis in Charlottesville"

Here's what he said (in addition to saying there were fine people on both sides):"We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides...it has no place in America"

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-speaks-charlottesville-rally"

So, if the people you get your news from (MSNBC? The View? Al Jazeera?), told you that Trump was not highly critical of the white supremacists, it appears you were duped. Unless I'm supposed to believe that when he condemned hate and bigotry, he didn't mean when it comes from Nazis. That's probably what you believe, but there is zero evidence to lead one to that conclusion.

"Again let me say it he was defending neo-nazis."

If you say so...Last month, my 6 year-old said again and again, "I ate my sandwich, I didn't give it to the dog". But when the dog then vomited a sandwich all over my floor, my son (like you) was in the unenviable position of having the evidence defy what he was saying. You can say it as many times as you want. The evidence says something else.

Trump is not a good guy, not even close. He may well be a racist, I don't know. But he did not offer any support to the white supremacists at Charlottesville. None.

When Trump was talking about Mexican immigrants two years ago, he said many are nice people. He also said some are rapists and drug dealers. All that got reported, was that he implied all Mexicans are racists and drug dealers.

Saying he supported the Nazis, is a lot like saying he said all Mexicans are drug dealers and rapists.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:08 PM   #35
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I didn't say anything about voter fraud and I don't think those Russians were indicted for voting fraudulently either
indictments against democrats(ALL) who use thousands of foreign nationals(illegal immigrants) in various ways each election cycle to get democrats elected and sway elections

That's not a voting fraud reference ? Then what is?
Old 02-18-2018, 10:32 PM   #36
scottw

if I'd meant voting illegally...I'd have written voting illegally....there are various and sundry ways the democrats use the illegal immigrant population(foreign nationals) to attempt to get elected each cycle...do I need to list them?
Old 02-19-2018, 08:37 AM   #37
spence

Quote:
if I'd meant voting illegally...I'd have written voting illegally....there are various and sundry ways the democrats use the illegal immigrant population(foreign nationals) to attempt to get elected each cycle...do I need to list them?
Sure, I could use a chuckle.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:45 PM   #38
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Sure, I could use a chuckle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	illegal1.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	64970  
Old 02-19-2018, 12:49 PM   #39
spence

Quote:
That's it? Wasn't even funny.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:57 PM   #40
scottw

it's a great example...when you are dragging folks that are here illegally up to the podium of your National Convention to speak...not to mention rallies and marches...well.......I have better things to do than to try to make you laugh....look in the mirror...that should suffice
Old 02-19-2018, 03:12 PM   #41
wdmso

Quote:
it's a great example...when you are dragging folks that are here illegally up to the podium of your National Convention to speak...not to mention rallies and marches...well.......I have better things to do than to try to make you laugh....look in the mirror...that should suffice

like the north korea guy at the state of the union? to gin up support for attacking N korea ?

but the plight of an 11 year old America girl an the fear for her parents is an attempt to get elected?

id say they are both examples people just looking for a better life . wherever they can find it
Old 02-19-2018, 03:23 PM   #42
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

like the north korea guy at the state of the union? to gin up support for attacking N korea ?
maybe I missed it....is he in the country illegally?
Old 02-19-2018, 03:54 PM   #43
spence

Quote:

but the plight of an 11 year old America girl an the fear for her parents is an attempt to get elected?

id say they are both examples people just looking for a better life . wherever they can find it
The fear of a child is "sundry" ... not sure if he even know what that word means.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:15 PM   #44
scottw

Quote:
The fear of a child is "sundry" ... not sure if he even know what that word means.
actually..if you read..it reads,.... mom lives in fear of deportation...she's an adult....and since she's here illegally that would be a likely and legitimate fear/concern when you sneak in to a foreign country

Last edited by scottw; 02-19-2018 at 06:25 PM..
Old 02-20-2018, 12:39 AM   #45
scottw

collusion??

According to Mueller’s indictment:

" Defendants and their co-conspirators, through another ORGANIZATION-controlled group, organized a rally in New York called “Trump is NOT my President” held on or about November 12, 2016."

A check of their November 12 coverage showed both CNN and MSNBC gave enthusiastic coverage to the Russian-organized anti-Trump rally that day, with live reports every hour. Correspondents celebrated the idea that it was “a love rally,” and repeated the marchers’ anti-Trump mantras, such as: “We reject the President-elect.”

At one point, MSNBC anchor Alex Witt credulously responded to the rhetoric: “That woman, when she’s saying she’s concerned that black people will be shot in the street....Is that a legitimate concern for her? Because, that’s scary.”

Correspondent Morgan Radford cheerfully played along: “Alex, it’s not only a legitimate concern for her, it’s a legitimate concern for a lot of people I’ve spoken to....They’re wondering if this [Trump’s election] is almost a license to carry in terms of hate.”
Old 02-20-2018, 09:22 AM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
collusion??

According to Mueller’s indictment:

" Defendants and their co-conspirators, through another ORGANIZATION-controlled group, organized a rally in New York called “Trump is NOT my President” held on or about November 12, 2016."

A check of their November 12 coverage showed both CNN and MSNBC gave enthusiastic coverage to the Russian-organized anti-Trump rally that day, with live reports every hour. Correspondents celebrated the idea that it was “a love rally,” and repeated the marchers’ anti-Trump mantras, such as: “We reject the President-elect.”

At one point, MSNBC anchor Alex Witt credulously responded to the rhetoric: “That woman, when she’s saying she’s concerned that black people will be shot in the street....Is that a legitimate concern for her? Because, that’s scary.”

Correspondent Morgan Radford cheerfully played along: “Alex, it’s not only a legitimate concern for her, it’s a legitimate concern for a lot of people I’ve spoken to....They’re wondering if this [Trump’s election] is almost a license to carry in terms of hate.”
I watched msnbc last night, and half-beast Rachael Maddow devoted ten minutes to a story in the NYT which cited an anonymous source in the trump administration, claiming that they were all happy that the FL shooting happened since it diverted media attention away from the rob porter sexual abuse allegations, at least for a few days. She (?) went on and on and on, about how horrible it is to have an administration that’s glad when kids get murdered.

With liberals in DC and in the media, if you’re not on their side, you are the epitome of evil. It’s not possible to have a principled opinion that’s different from theirs.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:46 AM   #47
wdmso

Jim you need to watch more of the Trump news network aka fox

I cant find any story you quoted... got a link?

https://www.vox.com/2018/2/19/170274...dictment-trump

The data paints a clear story of how damaging it is for a media outlet to prioritize its defense of the president. In the past 72 hours, Fox News:

Limited its coverage of what the indictment actually reveals: evidence of foreign organizations trying to undermine American democracy
Drastically reduced coverage of the Florida school shooting to push pundits onto TV to say this story actually vindicates President Trump, even though it does nothing of the sort
Used a detail of the school shooting to push the narrative that the FBI, and by extension the Muller investigation, is flawed — and gave cover to President Trump

It’s easy to just chalk all this up to Fox News being Fox News. But Fox News is the main source of news for 19 percent of 2016 voters, including 40 percent of Trump voters. There’s academic evidence that Fox News is more powerful than we ever imagined. It’s a network that allows conspiracy theorists to make hay out of baseless lies. And to top it all off, there is evidence that the hosts see their jobs as advising Trump — talking directly to him — and that Trump sees them as his main information source.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:25 AM   #48
spence

Quote:
The data paints a clear story of how damaging it is for a media outlet to prioritize its defense of the president. In the past 72 hours, Fox News:
What I find so alarming is the effort to undermine our own institutions. It doesn't surprise me that Russia is actively perusing this but how many Americans, Republicans in Congress and even the POTUS are all complicit in enabling the Russian interference.

You can't make this stuff up.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:39 AM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim you need to watch more of the Trump news network aka fox

I cant find any story you quoted... got a link?

https://www.vox.com/2018/2/19/170274...dictment-trump

Limited its coverage of what the indictment actually reveals: evidence of foreign organizations trying to undermine American democracy
Drastically reduced coverage of the Florida school shooting to push pundits onto TV to say this story actually vindicates President Trump, even though it does nothing of the sort
Used a detail of the school shooting to push the narrative that the FBI, and by extension the Muller investigation, is flawed — and gave cover to President Trump

It’s easy to just chalk all this up to Fox News being Fox News. But Fox News is the main source of news for 19 percent of 2016 voters, including 40 percent of Trump voters. There’s academic evidence that Fox News is more powerful than we ever imagined. It’s a network that allows conspiracy theorists to make hay out of baseless lies. And to top it all off, there is evidence that the hosts see their jobs as advising Trump — talking directly to him — and that Trump sees them as his main information source.
"I cant find any story you quoted... got a link?"

Here it is. Maddow spent ten minutes last night, telling her audience (me and Spence and 2 other suckers) how awful it is that a president would he happy that a school shooting took place. It never occurred to her, that the story might be made up.

The luxury of quoting a second-hand, anonymous source...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.e41b6e25176b

Funny, when Trump complained during the campaign that the election was being rigged, Obama told him to "stop whining", and then Obama proceeded to explain why a presidential election was too de-centralized to be interfered with.

Then as soon as Trump won, it was assumed it woul dbe easy for Russia to influence the outcome.

So when everyone thought Hilary was going to win in a landslide, it was paranoid to assume an election could ever be unfair. If she won, the outcome could not be questioned.

But when she lost? Something must be afoot!!

Do you see how obviously dishonest that is?
Old 02-20-2018, 11:41 AM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
What I find so alarming is the effort to undermine our own institutions. It doesn't surprise me that Russia is actively perusing this but how many Americans, Republicans in Congress and even the POTUS are all complicit in enabling the Russian interference.

You can't make this stuff up.
All those people conspired to interfere. But not the Hilary campaign by giving money to a foreign agent to help with the dossier. That was some kind of noble cooperation among nations, I suppose. Russian interference", no sir. Right?
Old 02-20-2018, 11:51 AM   #51
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
All those people conspired to interfere. But not the Hilary campaign by giving money to a foreign agent to help with the dossier. That was some kind of noble cooperation among nations, I suppose. Russian interference", no sir. Right?
Last I knew the Brits were on our side of the fence, from what i have seen about that "foreign agent" he was the point man for the Brits on their Russian desk.
But don't worry Trump never had anything to do with any Mob guys on any side of the oceans.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-20-2018, 02:37 PM   #52
spence

Quote:
Here it is. Maddow spent ten minutes last night, telling her audience (me and Spence and 2 other suckers) how awful it is that a president would he happy that a school shooting took place. It never occurred to her, that the story might be made up.

The Washington Post would have had it double sourced. Probably one of the most respectable papers out there.

Quote:
Funny, when Trump complained during the campaign that the election was being rigged, Obama told him to "stop whining", and then Obama proceeded to explain why a presidential election was too de-centralized to be interfered with.
There's a big difference between "rigged" and "influenced." Trump was claiming the election was "rigged."

Besides, at that time the scope of Russian meddling wasn't known to be of the scale it is today. Do you hate Clinton and Obama more than you love our Democracy?
Old 02-20-2018, 02:45 PM   #53
spence

Quote:
They gave money to an American firm who hired an independent contractor they thought would provide the best opposition research. Nothing illegal or unethical about that. Under sworn testimony Fusion GSP's founders said Steele wasn't informed about the client and no money was passed to gain information from Russian sources.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:36 PM   #54
wdmso

Quote:
"I cant find any story you quoted... got a link?"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.e41b6e25176b

Then as soon as Trump won, it was assumed it woul dbe easy for Russia to influence the outcome.

So when everyone thought Hilary was going to win in a landslide, it was paranoid to assume an election could ever be unfair. If she won, the outcome could not be questioned.

But when she lost? Something must be afoot!!

Do you see how obviously dishonest that is?

where do you come up with this stuff ? The Russian operation is real

and he has done nothing but blame everyone but the russians

45 Countries Still Don't Have A U.S. Ambassador

130 political appointees working in the Executive Office of the President did not have permanent security clearances as of November 2017, including the president's daughter, son-in-law and his top legal counsel, according to internal White House documents obtained by NBC News.

Trump has no nominees for 245 important jobs, including an ambassador to South Korea

In 2017, 34% of President Trump’s staff was either been fired, resigned, or reassigned. Trump’s first year turnover rate is exactly double that of Reagan’s 17% in 1981, which is the next highest in the past 40 years.

TRUMP GOLF COUNT: 94* Cost to Taxpayer: At least $55,823,128**

Days Trump has spent at Mar a Lago: 57

Cost of flights to Mar a Lago (13 so far):* ~$26,985,000

Days Trump has spent at Bedminster: 33

Cost of flights to Bedminster (11 so far):*~$8,481,000

Trump has visited his clubs once every this many days since his inauguration 4.3

Projected visits to golf clubs in four years: 339

Projected visits in eight years: 678

Total times Obama played golf during his eight year Presidency: 306

the Only Person conspiring against Trump is Trump
Old 02-20-2018, 03:42 PM   #55
wdmso

The full list of known indictments and plea deals in Mueller’s probe

1) George Papadopoulos, former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser, pleaded guilty in October to making false statements to the FBI.

2) Michael Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser, pleaded guilty in December to making false statements to the FBI.

3) Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chair, was indicted in October on charges of conspiracy, money laundering, false statements, and failure to disclose foreign assets — all related to his work for Ukrainian politicians before he joined the Trump campaign. He’s pleaded not guilty on all counts.

4) Rick Gates, a former Trump campaign aide and Manafort’s longtime junior business partner, was similarly indicted on conspiracy, money laundering, and false statements charges. He’s pleaded not guilty on all counts, for now.

5-20) 13 Russian nationals and three Russian companies were indicted on conspiracy charges, with some also being accused of identity theft. The charges related to a Russian propaganda effort designed to interfere with the 2016 campaign. The companies involved are the Internet Research Agency, often described as a “Russian troll farm,” and two other companies that helped finance it. The Russian nationals indicted include 12 of the agency’s employees and its alleged financier, Yevgeny Prigozhin.

21) Richard Pinedo: This California man pleaded guilty to an identity theft charge in connection with the Russian indictments, and has agreed to cooperate with Mueller.

22) Alex van der Zwaan: This London lawyer will reportedly plead guilty to making false statements to the FBI about his contacts with Rick Gates.

Two ex-Trump advisers lied to the FBI about their contacts with Russians

A Capt should go down with his ship Trump picked the players on his team he is responsible
Old 02-20-2018, 06:38 PM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:
The full list of known indictments and plea deals in Mueller’s probe

1) George Papadopoulos, former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser, pleaded guilty in October to making false statements to the FBI.

2) Michael Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser, pleaded guilty in December to making false statements to the FBI.

3) Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chair, was indicted in October on charges of conspiracy, money laundering, false statements, and failure to disclose foreign assets — all related to his work for Ukrainian politicians before he joined the Trump campaign. He’s pleaded not guilty on all counts.

4) Rick Gates, a former Trump campaign aide and Manafort’s longtime junior business partner, was similarly indicted on conspiracy, money laundering, and false statements charges. He’s pleaded not guilty on all counts, for now.

5-20) 13 Russian nationals and three Russian companies were indicted on conspiracy charges, with some also being accused of identity theft. The charges related to a Russian propaganda effort designed to interfere with the 2016 campaign. The companies involved are the Internet Research Agency, often described as a “Russian troll farm,” and two other companies that helped finance it. The Russian nationals indicted include 12 of the agency’s employees and its alleged financier, Yevgeny Prigozhin.

21) Richard Pinedo: This California man pleaded guilty to an identity theft charge in connection with the Russian indictments, and has agreed to cooperate with Mueller.

22) Alex van der Zwaan: This London lawyer will reportedly plead guilty to making false statements to the FBI about his contacts with Rick Gates.

Two ex-Trump advisers lied to the FBI about their contacts with Russians

A Capt should go down with his ship Trump picked the players on his team he is responsible
A captain should go down with the ship, eh? So what punishment would you hand out for the person who was secState when Americans died in Benghazi? A brutal punishment I am sure...
Old 02-20-2018, 06:53 PM   #57
spence

Quote:
A captain should go down with the ship, eh? So what punishment would you hand out for the person who was secState when Americans died in Benghazi? A brutal punishment I am sure...
Not sure I can face palm enough here.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:00 PM   #58
wdmso

Quote:
Benghazi please those men died doing their jobs and the right drags them tru the mud for political gain .on a fantasy they were left to die ,,, funny how I have seen no outrage about 4 soldiers killed in an ambush Nigier funny how that works
Old 02-20-2018, 07:46 PM   #59
Sea Dangles

I am so psyched to see the lefty pukes lose their mind for the next 7 years.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:48 PM   #60
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
What about is contributing to Trump s gaslighting. What would you as a responsible parent say to your child if they did something and said but Johnny?
I know what it was in the one I grew up in and mine. It was not that’s OK

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin