Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 12-21-2007, 09:07 AM   #1
JFigliuolo

How to make Venison tenderloins?

Scored some from a friend.

What's the best way to prepare these jewels?

Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement -- Keith Benning
JFigliuolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:48 AM   #2
cheferson

We Used to marinate in .5 c cider vinigar, 1c red wine, couple cloves garlic , 2 sprig rosemary and thyme, chop sm onion, marinate 6+ hours , then Season with kosher salt/cracked pepper, sear it in hot pan or on charcoal grill , cook to r-mr, let rest a bit then serve with a blackberry demi and sweet pot mash
cheferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 10:31 AM   #3
Goose

Imo,, Trim off any fat and tendin's. Cubing them the same size is important to asure the meat grills evenly and doesn't get over done. I use McCormicK's montreal steak seaoning packet, I also add a dash of miss Dash...imarinate it 12hr or more. Do NOT over grill.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 10:44 AM   #4
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Mojo.....

marinade:
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/2 cup Orange Juice
1/2 cup Lime juice
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp Cumin
5-6 cloves of sliced garlic
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Salt

Saute the Garlic in a frypan with the olive oil for a couple of minutes then throw in the Juices, Cumin, salt, pepper and set on medium high heat for about 10-15 minutes to heat to a small boil. Then remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Mix in the Chpped Cilantro and then marinate the the loin in 2/3 of the mixture for at least 6 hours....preferably overninght. grill as you would normally and then slice on a plate and drizzle the remaining marinade over it........then

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 12-21-2007 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: Helps if I put ion the recipe

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:32 AM   #5
mikecc
Plug Builder in Training

[/RIGHT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
Imo,, Trim off any fat and tendin's. Cubing them the same size is important to asure the meat grills evenly and doesn't get over done. I use McCormicK's montreal steak seaoning packet, I also add a dash of miss Dash...imarinate it 12hr or more. Do NOT over grill.

mikecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 12:09 PM   #6
BW from AZ

any cheap italion dressing 16 fl oz. (its got great ingredients. look for yourself) add 3-4 tea spoons sugar. marinate 1 hour or over night if possible. have used on red meat and chicken. even injected it into prime rib. get great reviews from everyone thats tried it. get requests all the time.
BW from AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:08 PM   #7
wheresmy50

For tenderloin? Salt + pepper, sear & cook no more than medium. Maybe a nice bechamel-type sauce and some real garlic mashed potatoes (butter and cream, not margerine and milk).

When I get good meat or fish, I try to do as little to it as possible. The above would be for a nice little head-shot doe. If I had an old woods buck that was shot in the guts and chased for 2 miles, I'd reach for the dressing too.
wheresmy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:49 PM   #8
thortum

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresmy50 View Post
For tenderloin? Salt + pepper, sear & cook no more than medium. Maybe a nice bechamel-type sauce and some real garlic mashed potatoes (butter and cream, not margerine and milk).

When I get good meat or fish, I try to do as little to it as possible. The above would be for a nice little head-shot doe. If I had an old woods buck that was shot in the guts and chased for 2 miles, I'd reach for the dressing too.
I agree with "wheresmy". Keep it very simple. You have a DELICIOUS piece of meat. Don't cover up the flavor with all that other stuff. Save the additives for a hamburger!! DON"T OVERCOOK!!!!!
thortum is offline   Reply With Quote