Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-11-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
Jim in CT

What planet do Obama/Axlerod live on?

Obama says Friday at a press conference that "the private sector is doing fine".

Presumably, Obama was referring to the fact that big businesses are sitting on huge piles of cash. However, the question is, why are they sitting on that cash? The answer is, there is nothing enticing enough in the private sector to encourage them to put that money to work. That clearly suggests that the private sector is not fine.

Yesterday, Obama's top election advisor, David Axlerod, said this...

"The private sector, we need to accelerate job creation in the private sector. One of the ways that we can do that is putting teachers and firefighters and police back to work because those are good middle-class jobs."

Earth to liberals...thanks to union perks, we cannot afford the teachers, cops, and firemen that we have now. And your plan to fix the economy, is to hire more of them, which can only cause property taxes to shoot up.

Unfreakinbelievable.

How does my side lose to these people? How long, O' Lord?
Old 06-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Sorry but "teachers,police,firemen"
are not private sector jobs.
The are public funded jobs driven by corrupt unions.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Private sector jobs are small business jobs paid by small buisness owners who are taking it up the ass with gov regulation and tax burden !
Old 06-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #3
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Earth to Axelrod. Do they have any clue?

" Choose Life "
Old 06-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
FishermanTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Earth to Axelrod. Do they have any clue?
Earth to Obama and Axelrod: Take your heads out of your collective arses and take a look, A REAL GOOD LOOK around and you'll see just how "fine" the public sector is doing.

Oh, and no Obama, you aunt and uncle don't count as part of the private sector when they received special considerations for breaking the law!
Old 06-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #5
basswipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
The are public funded jobs driven by corrupt unions.
You would be correct sir!Milk and cookies for you!

Pretty big miss on your part Jim.You of all people should've known better and now Spence will be all over your sh!t!Enjoy your mistake you earned it on this one,you ain't helping the cause by making such a simple mistake.

I work in the private sector.Teachers/fireman/police unions take my money(aka taxes) through fear and intimidation......if we don't get more money your mate might be raped,your house might burn and your kids might be stupid.Politicians on both sides use this tactic,but since the liberals are beholden to the unions.......you get the picture.

Loose lips sink ships.So do simple in your face mistakes.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post
You would be correct sir!Milk and cookies for you!

Pretty big miss on your part Jim.You of all people should've known better and now Spence will be all over your sh!t!Enjoy your mistake you earned it on this one,you ain't helping the cause by making such a simple mistake.

I work in the private sector.Teachers/fireman/police unions take my money(aka taxes) through fear and intimidation......if we don't get more money your mate might be raped,your house might burn and your kids might be stupid.Politicians on both sides use this tactic,but since the liberals are beholden to the unions.......you get the picture.

Loose lips sink ships.So do simple in your face mistakes.
What did I miss? What mistake did I make?

I don' think I missed anything or made any mistakes. My point, I think, is the same as yours. If you increase the number of public employees, particularly if they are unionized, that does not help the private sector, it siphons money out of the private sector.

When Obama thinks of fixing the economy, he cannot imagine anything other than more public unionized employees. In his mind, that helps the economy, and it increases his voting block.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #7
scottw

he missed the "quotes" around Axelrod's statement