Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Computers

Computers Sidetrack to Computers, Questions on your home computer? Posting just for registered members....

Old 08-12-2003, 05:27 PM   #1
jeffsod

Blaster Worm

Anyone get Blastered yet? Had a freind call me up this morning and he apparently has the blaster worm infection. His system won't stay connected to the internet, he is on netscape, for any extended length of time. Not good. He has norton but this thing was just released yesterday and he got this morning. We had internet problems at the office today and the provider thinks we may have it too. Sounds like those who got the patch released by microsoft recently should be covered.
jeffsod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 01:53 PM   #2
HighTide

Send a message via AIM to HighTide
Here's a direct link to TechNet . Scroll down and choose your O/S and download the patch. Gives you a head start when playing Beat the Clock before your system shuts down.

Removal Instructions

Last edited by HighTide; 08-13-2003 at 02:04 PM..
HighTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 05:52 AM   #3
Raven

check the list

the blaster worm will not enter into a system running windows 98 second addition....
besides alls you have to do is disable port 135 -> if you run the other OS"s....

i dont know about the rest of you...but i consider virus writers to be terrorists of the computer world and should be sent to prison for life for the billions of dollars damage they do. they SUCK!
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 01:25 PM   #4
jugstah

Send a message via AIM to jugstah Send a message via Yahoo to jugstah
Re: check the list

Quote:
Originally posted by Raven
the blaster worm will not enter into a system running windows 98 second addition....
besides alls you have to do is disable port 135 -> if you run the other OS"s....

i dont know about the rest of you...but i consider virus writers to be terrorists of the computer world and should be sent to prison for life for the billions of dollars damage they do. they SUCK!
Amen, Raven.

"Remember Amateurs built the Ark -- Professionals built the Titanic."
jugstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 06:35 PM   #5
Fishpart
Keep The Change

@^#%*^( got me. Took me a while to get it straightened out. If you haven't done it get the patch NOW!!!!!!!!

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Fishpart is offline   Reply With Quote